PDA

View Full Version : Who will admit they like this game?

dred
02-22-2010, 08:47 PM
I played xcom back when it was first out on my 486. I loved xcom, but I also like this game. I think it is plain fun and strategic. I know many have negative stuff to say about it, but anyone admit that they like it?

Tericc
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Also being an X-com vet myself and have the original floppy's stashed. (whhoo! the days of floppy drives)

I admit I was skeptical at first..

I even thought at times it felt a little to easy. But I soon felt that the "easy" I experienced was to get you settled into the game.

In the original X-com you did not play the game.. you survive it. Your squad and even the ones you care about (named after people that are awesome) are expendable As long as you take out that sectoid base, celisoid horror attacks, or the ethereal psionic doom. It is all worth it in the end.

UFo Extraterrestials I was a little disappointed at with first. I felt the game was a little to easy when I first started. Mabe I was mentally prepared to face the coming horror that I first remembered from the original games. But after the several missions where my soldiers survived and are becoming Ufo exterminating commandos I was beginning to question.
At first I thought it was silly.. but I soon learned it was to get you settled into the game and become familiar with what you have.

When you first meet the destroyer and what comes after it feels like im back in the old X-com again! :D
soildiers are droping like flies and your doing everything you can to squeek out a victory and have someone survive the mishion.

Now im loving it

111uminate
02-22-2010, 10:40 PM
I even thought at times it felt a little to easy. But I soon felt that the "easy" I experienced was to get you settled into the game.

That's very reassuring to know. I'm still in that particular period, being only a few months into the game. You're absolutely right about the X-COM games being about survival, and I truly loved that aspect about it. Most games nowadays walk you through things, holding your hand as you progress with minimal challenge and repercussion for failure.

But, I will admit that I like the game. It has enough of that X-COM touch to maintain my interest. The execution isn't horrible, and the 3D isn't overly done either, in my opinion. The landscapes still appear to have a tile like design.

Gathan
02-23-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm glad to see that there are some good reviews of this game, planning on getting it this friday, once I get some money into my bank account :)

PS: WEEE...first post :D hehe

rtv05
02-23-2010, 01:01 PM
I played xcom back when it was first out on my 486. I loved xcom, but I also like this game. I think it is plain fun and strategic. I know many have negative stuff to say about it, but anyone admit that they like it?

Some fixes and tweaks and i would love it, but for example if you shoot a ufo and it crashes, it has NO Damage and no dead aliens at the Mission, this kills a lot of the xcom feeling.

Ingeloak
02-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Some fixes and tweaks and i would love it, but for example if you shoot a ufo and it crashes, it has NO Damage and no dead aliens at the Mission, this kills a lot of the xcom feeling.

you can alter that from the settings. it comes with a series of mods where you can alter several aspects of the game. my poor soldiers were woefully outmatched, even on easy mode. so i went in and turned on ship damage, alien injuries, and improved my soldiers' squishiness a little. now they have a fighting chance.

Kazei
02-23-2010, 05:44 PM

Huh? Whenever I shoot down a UFO, it shows it being damaged in the battlescape. Some walls on the UFO were blown right off.

Edit: ^ What Ingeloak said. :)

Riddley
02-23-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm an old school X-Com fanatic. Although I'm having a good bit of fun so far, there are quite a few things I find lacking.

Geoscape/general:

- The geoscape is basically a bunch of golf courses that loosely resemble earth. It would have been nice to be back on earth, as it holds a greater connection as to why you're fighting back an alien menace.

- The Charts/graphs seem to be missing. Funding by country, alien activity, xcom/caf activity in regions, etc,. I always used this feature to check rising alien activity, and adjust my patrols in that country accordingly.

- It seems you can't build new labs/workshops at new bases (or maybe I've overlooked something), so no dedicated research or manufacturing bases. Bummer.

- Interceptor fights are pretty boring. In X-com, in order to take down bigger ships in the early game, you had to carefully co-ordinate attacks and use the appropriate stances. You could actually see the damage you're ships were inflicting, so you could evaluate whether or not to risk staying in the fight. You also had to monitor your fuel usage when trying to keep up with superior alien craft.

- Can't seem to destroy those pesky scouts, even with aggressive interceptor stance. Gets tiring loading up and doing a mission just for a scout.

Combat/tactical:

- The medkits aren't as sophisticated as x-com. Also, stimulants are a bit weird, because I can't get someone to actually use the stimulant on themselves.

- The mission map screen that showed different height levels on the maps is gone. This was helpful for checking out the terrain, and looking at how many floors the UFO had.

- Where are the timed explosives? In X-com, you could prime a grenade to go off by turn, setting up interesting traps. The entire priming system seems to be gone, as before you could prime a grenade, toss it to a squad member, and have them throw it, creating kind of grenade juggle. Also, I miss those high explosive packs =(

- The rocket launcher is a disappointment. No high explosive or incediary rounds. There isn't an autocannon with different ammo types either.

- Why can we not pick up an unconscious body to remove it from gas weapons? It seems you can't pick up alien bodies either.

- Explosives don't seem to deform the terrain like in the old game. Smoke doesn't seem to effect visibility/accuracy like it should.

- Soldier visible range seems very short. They will hardly react to anything, even with high reaction, unless it's practically standing in front of them. Compared to some of my old squaddies in X-com and their twitchy reactions, the ones in UFO feel really sluggish.

Graphics/sound/other:

- An X-com mission (especially night time missions), was always a creepy experience, as there was this looming sense of danger and the unknown. The atmosphere in X-com is superior to UFO, I'd say. UFO isn't as fluid and doesn't produce nearly as much tension as an X-com mission.

- The sound in UFO, despite being higher quality, doesn't have the same impact. In X-com, there were civilian screams, loud explosions, and chaotic cross fire. The first time you hear a floater scream, it sticks with you, while in UFO, the enemies seem largely silent. The weapons sounded a lot more lethal between the cannons, laser, plasma, and explosives. In UFO, a lot of the sounds remind me of fisher price toys.

I'm only a few months in though, so I haven't seen all the game yet. If you're an X-com fan, it's certainly worth picking up the gold version over steam. It has enough elements of X-com to remain interesting, despite falling behind the original in various areas.

111uminate
02-23-2010, 11:05 PM
- Soldier visible range seems very short. They will hardly react to anything, even with high reaction, unless it's practically standing in front of them. Compared to some of my old squaddies in X-com and their twitchy reactions, the ones in UFO feel really sluggish.

Graphics/sound/other:

- An X-com mission (especially night time missions), was always a creepy experience, as there was this looming sense of danger and the unknown. The atmosphere in X-com is superior to UFO, I'd say. UFO isn't as fluid and doesn't produce nearly as much tension as an X-com mission.

- The sound in UFO, despite being higher quality, doesn't have the same impact. In X-com, there were civilian screams, loud explosions, and chaotic cross fire. The first time you hear a floater scream, it sticks with you, while in UFO, the enemies seem largely silent. The weapons sounded a lot more lethal between the cannons, laser, plasma, and explosives. In UFO, a lot of the sounds remind me of fisher price toys.

I'm only a few months in though, so I haven't seen all the game yet. If you're an X-com fan, it's certainly worth picking up the gold version over steam. It has enough elements of X-com to remain interesting, despite falling behind the original in various areas.

Particularly those I agree in full with, but I agree with all of your points. I'll offer my own on them, and attempt to highlight any positive aspects in them.

Visual Range:
While the visual range does present its own form of challenge, I can't help but find it atrocious and awkwardly limiting. It's certainly far less than the visual range found in the X-COM games, and while playing it just doesn't make sense that they can only see that far. However, I do very much like the radar representation of what a soldier can see. Those "cones" dramatically decrease your chances of leaving a blind spot while you progress in a map.

On Mission Atmosphere:
Being a newer game with better technology available compared to X-COM, I find myself at odds in trying to figure out why this game just doesn't evoke the same tension and paranoia that X-COM did. I'm aware that I was much younger back then, and it was my first experience with such a game, but that doesn't absolve the fact this game was made more than a decade later. Such things like ambient sounds, weather effects, and other machinations in the background would really spruce up the atmosphere. Though, additions like that may upset any purists.

On Sounds:
I never thought I would see the day, but I can say without hesitation that the sounds from X-COM, originally a DOS game, have more personality than the sounds found in this game. The topic of actual sound quality and bit rates aside, I find the sounds of weapons, explosions, and even footsteps to be a little too subdued. I play the game with the sound effects volume maxed, and the music turned down to 50% and either jack up the volume on my speakers or headphones to make up for it.

Ultimately though, I'm still enjoying the game and plan to play through all of it. The execution of design and challenge is coherent enough for me to play through it and have fun, and I hope the sequel is far superior and a step forward. I'd recommend giving the game a shot to any X-COM fan.

Dehumanization
02-24-2010, 06:33 AM
Still kinda buggy, game crashed when i defended my base from an attack and after the end mission stats it crashed...and i only lost one person which was a tank (and with a squad full of recruits that can't hit anything is a challenge in its self). Also i hate the loading screen music. But overall its good, way better then UFO: Aftermath that i was suckered into preordering a long time ago.

I wish the BMAN mod that was with the gold edition came with the X-Com mod that had all the aliens and such.

Also, while i'm here does anyone know how i can research plasma weapons? Keeps saying i don't have the prerequisits (can't spell) to research it, so anyone know what i need to do?

111uminate
02-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Also, while i'm here does anyone know how i can research plasma weapons? Keeps saying i don't have the prerequisits (can't spell) to research it, so anyone know what i need to do?

I believe you need to capture a live alien, possibly a Commander. I was confused with this myself and read up on it, cautiously at that because I wanted to avoid any spoilers. But I did read that you need to capture an alien, which was a point in the right direction for me.

TangoThree
02-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Really enjoying this so far. Felt easy and I'd run out of things to research, then I shot down my first battlecruiser. That mission did not go anywhere near as well as usual...

NanostrikeX
02-24-2010, 09:49 PM
The gap between Easy and Normal is huge, BTW. My little brother was playing on Easy and accidentally loaded my normal game. He knew something was wrong when he hit a Chaser square in the back with a rocket...and it turned without flinching and 1-shotted his trooper...

Man, the rocket launcher really sucks in this game...and grenades, despite the lack of priming, own very, very hard. Unless the enemy is flying or otherwise unreachable, it's almost always easier to chuck a few nades at 'em than shoot, at least early on...later, you'll need that reaction fire from weapons to live!

The game isn't perfect and has a lot of X-com features missing, but I like the fact that when someone goes down, they're USUALLY still alive and can be stabilized. The hardier soldiers in that area make it seem easier, but later, you NEED them or you'll lose. The late game stages are almost harder than the X-Com games (Except they lack the UNGODLY blaster bombs. No complaints from me there...)

Scorpiuscat
02-27-2010, 04:15 PM
I am having a great time with the game. Since i have not played X-Com in so long, I really cant tell the difference other than the game is more modern and faster.

I love it....very fun!!

saykoshey
02-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Another XCOM vet here. I agree with most of what has been said above but would like to add a few things myself.

First of all FINALLY a worthy spiritual succesor to the XCOM series, the UFO After trilogy from ALTAR games has been nothing but a huge disappointment for me. Even though nice on their own they did not come close to the XCOM experience which I was expecting (mostly because ALTAR promoted the game as a spiritual succesor).

UFO:ES seems to be a very buggy and abit unbalanced game and I do hope they put alot of time into debugging and tweaking it.

My biggest point of frustration is that very early the game requires you to capture high ranking alien officers. In XCOM you could still keep on capturing medics and engineers to keep adding to your UFOPedia but once you capture one live alien in UFO:ES that's it, from that point on you have to capture commanders.

This wouldn't be a big problem wasn't it that it's almost impossible to capture them. I still haven't found an effective way to stun aliens or to tell their rank.

In XCOM:UFO you could use the mindprobe/Psi-Amp to learn the rank of an alien and then use the small launcher to stun them. In UFO:ES I only have the stunn rod (which is the same as in XCOM:UFO by the way) and the stun grenade bot of which aren't really that effective. I find myself using atleast 3 to 4 grenades to stun one alien and I haven't been able to devise a working strategy for the stun rod as any soldier trying to get close to an alien gets killed by reactive fire.

The probability calculation for hit/miss is another point of frustration for me. When an alien is standing at point blank range soldiers still, somehow, manage to miss! It wouldn't be a problem when it happend every now and then as a fluke (just to keep the game interesting) but it happens all the time which is stupid!

TangoThree
02-27-2010, 07:23 PM
This wouldn't be a big problem wasn't it that it's almost impossible to capture them. I still haven't found an effective way to stun aliens or to tell their rank.

The commanders use the same model as their underlings, but are different colours. The Vipon ones are the most obvious, as they're bright green.

The best way to stun people seems to be stun rockets and stun grenade spam. Bear in mind that when you have low-tech guns you can shoot an alien without killing it. This reduces its remaining HP, making it very easy to stun. When I was after a commander, as soon as I saw one I put a couple of laser rifle snap shots into him and then had everyone throw their stun grenades one at a time until he went down.

The stun grenades are cheap, do zero friendly or self damage, and unlike in XCOM there seems to be no accuracy penalty for holding a grenade in your offhand when using a rifle. I got my commander at a BattleCruiser crash site, but once I worked out what they looked like I realised I'd seen them several times before at smaller sites and shot them, not realising that different colour meant commander.

It is harder to take them alive in this, but you need to do it less and picking up a non-suicidal-melee stun weapon is easier.

NanostrikeX
02-27-2010, 08:11 PM
It has it's high points and low points. Note that a LOT of what you guys are complaining about can be fixed with BMAN'S ease of use settings (Which are officially part of the game now). Not enough Commanders (Now color-coded for easy recognition!) to try and capture? Up the amount. Vision range too short? Crank it up. Aliens too "Dumb"? Crank up the combat AI! Miss soldiers dying at the drop of a hat? Turn the settings up. You can pretty much make the game a modern X-COM clone with some settings tweaking, EXCEPT for a few things. I've listed some below...

The Good
-More expansive tech tree (In X-COM, you pretty much just needed to get Heavy Plasma/Blaster Bombs/Power Suits and that was it...)

-Aliens advance based on research, not performance (In X-COM, if you did "Excellent" in the first 2 months, the aliens would pick up the pace to a ridiculous speed. Likewise, intentionally sucking would leave them docile. On here, it's based on your research: If you crack a technology, they'll step things up to counter. And if you take excessively long, they'll do it anyway.)

-More survivable/customizable troops (You can set it to range from X-Com unforgivingness to "If you play well, fatalities will be minimal" to "Immortal soldiers". And you don't have to resort to such cheese as mind-controlling aliens to train accuracy: just get kills/succeed in missions to advance)

-More diverse HWPs (The HWPs are actually pretty different now. Instead of "Newer weapon, same chassis", X-COM style)

The Bad
-The sounds suck (Lackluster explosions, alien guns that sound like toys, and insignificant death screams make the old DOS games' sound superior...which is sad... Anyone know of any "Better Sounds" mods?)

-Terrain destruction sucks (Walls EXPLODE when you destroy them. Nothing collapses. It makes me miss X-COM's stylish terrain destruction.

-The futuristic setting kills some of the "Atmosphere" (I finally figured it out: The futuristic scene kills the "Scary" part of the game. Shooting at greys hiding in an old barn at night is scary. Shooting at grey-lookalikes hiding in a stainless-steel warehouse...not so much...)

-Only one base can have Living Quarters, General Stores, and Labs/Workshops (Need I really say more? This sucks. Hard.)

-Geoscape combat doesn't have the same feel. (Heck, if they'd just add that kickass "Interception!" theme, I'd be fine with it. That song is epic!)

Cassick
02-28-2010, 12:54 AM
Well, I'm sure I'll like it. I'm always looking for anything to replace the joy that was The Chaos Gate, a 40K game.

NanostrikeX
02-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Well, I'm sure I'll like it. I'm always looking for anything to replace the joy that was The Chaos Gate, a 40K game.

I love it. The only problem, really, is that the Battlescape maps are kinda lame. No memorable locales (I used to love chasing aliens through barns and having terror-site shootouts in supermarkets), they're too big (X-COM maps used to be about 60 square tiles, with slightly bigger ones for bigger UFOs. UFO:ET ones are 100square tiles, on average, for even the smallest UFOs!), and the terrain destruction looks cheesy and unbelievable.

The research tree and the graphics are a definite step up, though!

Gathan
02-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Now that I've spent a few days, I can tell you, I'm liking this very much.

Only thing I'm hoping MAJORLY for is a reliability patch, since it seems that reliability is screwed at the moment. I can play for 2-4 hours straight without a crash, then when it crashes, it crashes constantly, the same moment I have to push a "ok" button or something to that degree, so I have to reload a later saved game, which can be an annoyance having to jump back and forth constantly. from where you have been, to where you are.

saykoshey
02-28-2010, 02:20 PM
M'kay, you know how you get a little alien icon in the lower right corner when you spot an alien? Well that icons lights up gold when you see a floater commander, maybe it happens on other commanders as well but untill now I've only had it happen on floaters.

Also the stun grenade mark 2 is much much more effective at stunning any alien. It's able to stun most aliens with 1 (sometimes 2) well placed throw.

Oh and another bad point but this is more due to Steam and online distribution rather then the game itself.

All three XCOM games included books (can't be called booklets!) with extensive background stories, information and strategy guides. Having this made the game so much more fun for me. But because I bought UFO:ES on steam, I did not receive a book which resembles the XCOM book. Heck having a decent manual would be nice...

NanostrikeX
02-28-2010, 07:01 PM
The more I play, the more I'm liking it, but seeing the flaws. The biggest annoyances, especially early on, are definitely the Battlescape, the lack of priming grenades, and the lack of early-game Heavy Weapons.

Early game, the only "Heavy Weapon" you get is the Rocket Launcher. No Heavy Cannon or Auto Cannon. This. Blows. And not priming grenades limits them to pretty much destroying cover and direct fire weapons. You can no longer head upstairs, prime one for 2 turns, drop it at a wall, head downstairs while it pops, then head upstairs to a now-open second-story sniping post.

And the Battlescape is just...bleh. Most of it is open terrain, with a few generic warehouses and cliffs. The warehouses have no windows, are limited to open corridors (Sometimes, but rarely, with machinery) on the inside, and don't even have stairs, instead having those lame elevators. And it's HUGE, coupled with tiny vision range...makes scouting it all out incredibly tedious...

madmark_2k
03-07-2010, 05:17 AM
I own and have played every UFO game made to date and this has to be one of my favs, I also really liked "X-COM Apocolipse"

Here is a list of the games in case people don't know them.

Microprose - UFO: Enemy Unknown
Microprose - XCOM: Terror From The Deep
Microprose - XCOM: Apocolipse
Microprose - XCOM: Interceptor
Microprose - XCOM: inforcer
Cenega - UFO: Aftermath
Cenega - UFO: AfterLight
Chaos Concept: UFO: Extraterrestrials

I may have missed one or two as this is off my head.

I wish Micropose had finished XCOM: Alliance as I was really looking forword to that one, it felt like dukenukem 4ever again lol.

I also think there has been a few free fan games but i can't remember the names.

To sum it up I Grow up on these games and they will always have a place in me heart (I'm 28 now so I think I must have been about 12 when I first played UFO) was it around 1992 when it first came out??? I think it was on my amiga 600 - not even a PC ;).

pseudoart
03-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Heh, I bought my first PC, a 486, just to play UFO: Enemy Unknown as I had tried it at a friends house. Considering investing in this after reading this thread! :)

NanostrikeX
03-07-2010, 09:44 AM
I own and have played every UFO game made to date and this has to be one of my favs, I also really liked "X-COM Apocolipse"

Here is a list of the games in case people don't know them.

Microprose - UFO: Enemy Unknown
Microprose - XCOM: Terror From The Deep
Microprose - XCOM: Apocolipse
Microprose - XCOM: Interceptor
Microprose - XCOM: inforcer
Cenega - UFO: Aftermath
Cenega - UFO: AfterLight
Chaos Concept: UFO: Extraterrestrials

I may have missed one or two as this is off my head.

I wish Micropose had finished XCOM: Alliance as I was really looking forword to that one, it felt like dukenukem 4ever again lol.

I also think there has been a few free fan games but i can't remember the names.

To sum it up I Grow up on these games and they will always have a place in me heart (I'm 28 now so I think I must have been about 12 when I first played UFO) was it around 1992 when it first came out??? I think it was on my amiga 600 - not even a PC ;).

You missed UFO: Aftershock. Which wasn't that memorable of a game, however. I's between Aftermath and Afterlight.

Surf
03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
I've been playing XCOM: TERROR with DOSBox and it's one humbling
game. BTW, it runs perfectly via DOS emulation folks.

I'm downloading ET now and should have a great time with it.

-Surf

DirkSJ
03-07-2010, 10:12 AM
UFO:ES seems to be a very buggy and abit unbalanced game and I do hope they put alot of time into debugging and tweaking it.
This is a very old game. They won't be making more changes to it. They are developing UFO:ET2 though.

Commanders are worth more exp (which you can see when you shoot them). They are also a different color than normal aliens:
Vipon - green instead of orange
Preacher - green instead of brown
Phantom - blue capes instead of gray

They only appear in very large ships though (I think cruiser+, bases, and some terror missions) so unless you use the mod to make them more common you are going to be waiting a while. If you start running low on things to research and still don't have a commander turn them up to "almost always", shoot down an alien, land, capture one, then turn it back to normal.

Capturing them is really simple. If you research Larva and then chem grens you get to stun grens. I make sure every soldier has 2 stun grenades at all times. Alternately you can use stun rockets but I hate the rocket launcher...it's so big...

I personally turn on the "last alien hides" option to make it more like xcom and less annoying in the later stages of a map when I am trying to capture things. Without that the last few aliens charge you and it makes it rather impossible to have any kind of strategic capture force move in.

NanostrikeX
03-07-2010, 01:27 PM
I personally turn on the "last alien hides" option to make it more like xcom and less annoying in the later stages of a map when I am trying to capture things. Without that the last few aliens charge you and it makes it rather impossible to have any kind of strategic capture force move in.

I tried this and the last alien that tended to "Hide" wasn't a commander in a UFO, but rather a freaking Soldier who ran to an obscure corner of the map. The Commanders would still charge right out of the UFO, guns blazing, until they went down hard. Maybe it was just a few buggy times, but it was annoying.

...though for me, almost without fail, if there's an Alien Commander around, he'll be waiting RIGHT FREAKING OUTSIDE THE RAIDER! He'll use his huge armor, high accuracy, and sickly high AP to gun down everyone who comes out. Very annoying.

bman654
03-09-2010, 11:09 PM
I wish the BMAN mod that was with the gold edition came with the X-Com mod that had all the aliens and such.

I'm pretty sure you can drop in the full mod files and remove the "bman.xbg" file from your data folder to "upgrade" to the full mod. You *might* have to start a new game though.

NanostrikeX
03-10-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm pretty sure you can drop in the full mod files and remove the "bman.xbg" file from your data folder to "upgrade" to the full mod. You *might* have to start a new game though.

Is the full BMAN's mod still being actively supported?

Kazei
03-10-2010, 04:22 PM

In XCOM:UFO you could use the mindprobe/Psi-Amp to learn the rank of an alien and then use the small launcher to stun them. In UFO:ES I only have the stunn rod (which is the same as in XCOM:UFO by the way) and the stun grenade bot of which aren't really that effective. I find myself using atleast 3 to 4 grenades to stun one alien and I haven't been able to devise a working strategy for the stun rod as any soldier trying to get close to an alien gets killed by reactive fire.

Commanders are colored diferently than regular aliens. Shoot aliens first to get their HP down, then stun them. Doing nothing but stun damage without shooting them will take a while as you've already noticed.

NanostrikeX
03-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Commanders are colored diferently than regular aliens. Shoot aliens first to get their HP down, then stun them. Doing nothing but stun damage without shooting them will take a while as you've already noticed.

If you're crafty, even with the 'Advanced AI', you can usually bait them into Stun Rod traps. 3 troops with close-to-full TUs and Stun Rods can bring down most commanders. Snakemen (Erm...'Vipons'), are particularly easy. Just take a pot shot at 'em and hide out of sight. The commander will close on you, using most of his TUs. Then pop out and stun. He's 2x2, so you can easily have 3-4 troops zap him at once.

bman654
03-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Is the full BMAN's mod still being actively supported?

There is no new development being done on it. It is fairly stable - I think there are 2 known crash-causing bugs, both of which can be avoided.

GrayFiend's "UNIMOD" is the only mod still in development. You can learn more from http://www.ufo-scene.com/

milkweg
03-17-2010, 02:19 AM

I have that game still installed on another PC that is connected to a 19" CRT monitor. Haven't played it recently though. My favourite game by Random Games was 'Soldiers at War' which is similar to Chaos Gate but in a WWII setting. I still have that one installed too.