PDA

View Full Version : I require works of Responsibility

Nik00117
02-23-2010, 02:41 PM
For Christmas I spent $2,300 on a M17X laptop, should I spent $2,000 on a custom built rig (by me) for a

CPU: Quad Core
MOBO: Evga Crossfire board
GPU: 5870
RAM: 6 gigs?

Plus various accessories such as case, mointor, etc, etc, etc

Or should I be happy with my M17X? I'm tempted to drop the dough....

Baron_Fel
02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
you dont need to spend $2k on a good gaming PC, itll be alot closer to $1k.

or just keep using the laptop, maybe wait for new parts to come out.

Nik00117
02-23-2010, 02:59 PM
you dont need to spend $2k on a good gaming PC, itll be alot closer to $1k.

or just keep using the laptop, maybe wait for new parts to come out.

O believe me I know :) Back in the day when I mowed yards, washed cars, and stuff I would build some wicked gaming rigs on shoe string budgets. Fortantely I'm no longer in that boat. So when I do buy computers I don't go for "bang for the buck"

I think I am going wait, financially speaking it would be stupid of me to drop 2k on a gaming rig. Largely because my Alienware has plently of life left in it. Plus I want to see what Nvidia's response to the 5870 is going to be, in addition I want a X58 and a SDD if I wait another 8-12 months those prices will drop making it less :)

karnavor
02-23-2010, 03:13 PM
in addition I want a X58 and a SDD if I wait another 8-12 months those prices will drop making it less :)

Never works.

New more expensive hardware will come out and you'll want that instead.

kaheiyeh
02-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Never works.

New more expensive hardware will come out and you'll want that instead.

It's a never ending cycle.

1) New hardware comes out, but then you know newer hardware will come out a bit later, so you wait for the newer hardware.

2) Newer hardware comes out, but then you know again that newer hardware will come out a bit later, so you wait.

3) Repeat from Step 1.

marie pavie
02-23-2010, 04:09 PM
$2,000
I'm tempted to drop the dough....
What problem would this be the solution to?

Bulletbrain7
02-23-2010, 05:05 PM
O believe me I know :) Back in the day when I mowed yards, washed cars, and stuff I would build some wicked gaming rigs on shoe string budgets. Fortantely I'm no longer in that boat. So when I do buy computers I don't go for "bang for the buck"

I think I am going wait, financially speaking it would be stupid of me to drop 2k on a gaming rig. Largely because my Alienware has plently of life left in it. Plus I want to see what Nvidia's response to the 5870 is going to be, in addition I want a X58 and a SDD if I wait another 8-12 months those prices will drop making it less :)

Don't get the point of the thread. You answered your own question pretty much within minutes of posting the question.