PDA

View Full Version : Bankrupcy? Not as you may think.

Hliey
02-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Here's a qoute of the company's situation:

Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment Blames Bankruptcy On CEO, Initiates Legal Proceedings: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/53...al-Proceedings

And an update on Resistance from our earlier post: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/53...-Goes-Bankrupt

Cheyenne Mountainís corporate structure has undergone some dramatic changes in the last few weeks, and that has resulted in various actions such as the filing for Chapter 11. Certain parties believed that was the right thing to do, other parties do not and this is still being evaluated and may be rescinded. Even if the bankruptcy should go through, however, Chapter 11 simply allows a company to restructure its debt to a manageable plan approved by the courts. It does not absolve a company of debt, and it does not shut it down or otherwise affect its daily operations.

This will all be sorted out in the legal and proper manner, and all of us on the development side of things hope itís done as quickly as possible.

That said, our entire staff is in-house working on upgrades and expansions for Stargate Resistance, and we continue to be motivated and excited by the response weíve received from our customers.

See you on the battlefield!

With this in mind you can forget about not buying the game thinking they are cheating you for money to support their company just so it can survive.

Buy the game if you like Stargate, I did, and I don't care what other people say, that mostly just people who moan about bad graphics over gameplay. They all expect fast-paced shooters like Call of Duty. They find a game like this, see it's nothing like it or not like any toher game they've played and quit.

Every game is different and enjoyed in different ways, sure it's not great, but neither was WoW when it first came out. Yes that is a different genre, but it's an example, you look at it today and it has changed dramatically. Millions of players enjoy the game.

Just be patient, the developers are going to support the game, so expect patches and new content. Not every game releases and is perfect, there'll always be downsides.

See you through the gate.

d10sfan
02-23-2010, 11:10 PM
If the game is actually supported by free updates, I might support the developer. If they do not release updates or make them paid updates, then I wont support them at all.

Its one thing to say you are going to do something, quite another to actually do it. This developer seems to be pretty unproven at the moment.

By the way, how do you like the game? Is it fun and are there many people playing it?

Thepain
03-10-2010, 07:29 PM
but neither was WoW when it first came out. Yes that is a different genre, but it's an example, you look at it today and it has changed dramatically. Millions of players enjoy the game.

What are these nonsense noises coming out of your face hole? World of Warcraft's beta not only had more people playing at any one time than all of the copies sold of Stargate Resistance combined, but it was the most applied for Beta of its time.

Secondly, what game-play are you speaking of when you talk about this game?

The interchangeable 3 classes, the run and gun broken grenade stutter-fest, or lack of any basis in either tactics or twitchplay?

What could you possibly like about this game from a game-play/game mechanic point of view?

see it's nothing like it or not like any toher game they've played and quit.

If I see the carcass of a dog on the side of the road that's been ran over hundreds of times for the past week, and notice that it looks almost nothing like my current still alive and happy dog at home, this doesn't mean that the carcass just isn't the right type of pet for me, but certainly would be for someone else.

Suitch
03-11-2010, 07:19 PM
What are these nonsense noises coming out of your face hole? World of Warcraft's beta not only had more people playing at any one time than all of the copies sold of Stargate Resistance combined, but it was the most applied for Beta of its time.

Secondly, what game-play are you speaking of when you talk about this game?

The interchangeable 3 classes, the run and gun broken grenade stutter-fest, or lack of any basis in either tactics or twitchplay?

What could you possibly like about this game from a game-play/game mechanic point of view?

If I see the carcass of a dog on the side of the road that's been ran over hundreds of times for the past week, and notice that it looks almost nothing like my current still alive and happy dog at home, this doesn't mean that the carcass just isn't the right type of pet for me, but certainly would be for someone else.
You are a MORON! There are six COMPLETELY different classes. No duplicates for each side, no class is duplicated. The gameplay of each class is different. Also, team play IS NECESSARY if you want to come out with a good score. You can't just run and gun if you want to live. Also, there aren't any glitchy grenades. That was fixed RELEASE WEEK. I bet you haven't even played it! ALSO, just so all you worried folk know, THERE WERE THREE PATCHES IN THE FIRST TWO WEEKS! There were 2 DLC at launch, and an extra map and MULTIPLE gametypes PLUS extra content is coming out FOR FREE this month! MARCH! Go to the Stargate Resistance Forums, read up the general discussion stickies, and you will see the screens, and proof.

phungus
03-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I think employees of game companies should be required to identify themselves in forums about their own games. Just saying.

Suitch
03-13-2010, 03:03 PM
I think employees of game companies should be required to identify themselves in forums about their own games. Just saying.

??? What do you mean? All FireSky staff would have "FS_" before their name.

FS_Khestral
03-13-2010, 11:56 PM

He is not with the company...

Ohnoes!101
03-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Here's a qoute of the company's situation:

With this in mind you can forget about not buying the game thinking they are cheating you for money to support their company just so it can survive.

Buy the game if you like Stargate, I did, and I don't care what other people say, that mostly just people who moan about bad graphics over gameplay. They all expect fast-paced shooters like Call of Duty. They find a game like this, see it's nothing like it or not like any toher game they've played and quit.

Every game is different and enjoyed in different ways, sure it's not great, but neither was WoW when it first came out. Yes that is a different genre, but it's an example, you look at it today and it has changed dramatically. Millions of players enjoy the game.

Just be patient, the developers are going to support the game, so expect patches and new content. Not every game releases and is perfect, there'll always be downsides.

See you through the gate.

Modern games are mostly crap in game play (online) compared to 5 years ago but hey, how can u support a game that is this bad.

For its age
graphics 1/10
playability 3/10 if lucky

I feel sorry for you. it may not be cod but hey, the only decent cod made since the original was cod 4 (online again that is)
Cod 5 was worse than cod 2..

All single player games are great. But do not compare anything to cod or wow. All games are different. Wow was for the mentally challenged that could not play guild wars and basically cod is its own game. No game would come remotely close to being called similar.

And stargate resistance is simply a piece of rubbish that most mod teams could easily of made it a 8-9/10 game.

Do not buy if you are smart. This person is on acid thinking its worth the money :confused:

I feel sorry for poor Khestral running around in here listening to all the complaining, but honestly to bring out game in this age that looks and moves like that, you can't not complain.

The only good thing i can say is at least the price is $19.99..

Ohnoes!101
03-28-2010, 11:41 AM
p.s lol switch gl defending this game, no graphics no gameplay no skill.

No offense to you mate :)
Just a terrible game

FS_Khestral
03-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Modern games are mostly crap in game play (online) compared to 5 years ago but hey, how can u support a game that is this bad.

For its age
graphics 1/10
playability 3/10 if lucky

I feel sorry for you. it may not be cod but hey, the only decent cod made since the original was cod 4 (online again that is)
Cod 5 was worse than cod 2..

All single player games are great. But do not compare anything to cod or wow. All games are different. Wow was for the mentally challenged that could not play guild wars and basically cod is its own game. No game would come remotely close to being called similar.

And stargate resistance is simply a piece of rubbish that most mod teams could easily of made it a 8-9/10 game.

Do not buy if you are smart. This person is on acid thinking its worth the money :confused:

I feel sorry for poor Khestral running around in here listening to all the complaining, but honestly to bring out game in this age that looks and moves like that, you can't not complain.

The only good thing i can say is at least the price is $19.99..

Don't feel sorry for me, instead explain what your referring to in you're critique of the game so I can send that info to the team for them to analyze. I don't agree with you but you are more then welcome to an opinion... your trying to compare SGR to something like COD, how can you do this? We never even went near COD as a bar... their team was about 3 times our size, 3 times the budget and 3 times the amount if time to work on the game :D

jhorto1
03-31-2010, 07:16 PM
I've really enjoyed the game and it's been well worth the low price of $19.99. I'm a big fan of the Stargate series and was really excited to play an officially licensed game in that setting.
I tried to get on there tonight and no luck. Their website seemed to be down too. I'm hoping that's not a bad sign.

TheMaxx
04-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Don't feel sorry for me, instead explain what your referring to in you're critique of the game so I can send that info to the team for them to analyze. I don't agree with you but you are more then welcome to an opinion... your trying to compare SGR to something like COD, how can you do this? We never even went near COD as a bar... their team was about 3 times our size, 3 times the budget and 3 times the amount if time to work on the game :D

Here are some downs to the SGR.
It was rushed out with way more bugs than most games ship out with.
3 maps so far only, i think having to move out and find new grounds to house their company didn't help the dev. of the game fixes. but all three patches I've downloaded didn't fix anything.
doors still don't work, weapons don't show up or work right.
constant bugs in char selection.
" if your playing as an ashrak-dies and you pick another char, most of times you end up still cloaked as jaffa or SL" and have to completely shut the game down and restart. otherwise you listen to people claim you cheat.
there's some right of the top of my head.

SL shields still take damage from primary weapons when they shouldn't.All my shield seems to do is interfere with my game play, I've noticed that SL hand device doesn't do damage anymore unless your right on top of someone.

I could go on all day with more bugs and glitches,
on the bright side the game is fun and addicting to a degree.

I don't and won't compare to COD or other games, It's in its own class, but much left to be desired for SGR.

FS_Khestral
04-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Here are some downs to the SGR.
It was rushed out with way more bugs than most games ship out with.
3 maps so far only, i think having to move out and find new grounds to house their company didn't help the dev. of the game fixes. but all three patches I've downloaded didn't fix anything.
doors still don't work, weapons don't show up or work right.
constant bugs in char selection.
" if your playing as an ashrak-dies and you pick another char, most of times you end up still cloaked as jaffa or SL" and have to completely shut the game down and restart. otherwise you listen to people claim you cheat.
there's some right of the top of my head.

SL shields still take damage from primary weapons when they shouldn't.All my shield seems to do is interfere with my game play, I've noticed that SL hand device doesn't do damage anymore unless your right on top of someone.

I could go on all day with more bugs and glitches,
on the bright side the game is fun and addicting to a degree.

I don't and won't compare to COD or other games, It's in its own class, but much left to be desired for SGR.

So looking over the last month of issues reported in the forums and personal emails from users I don't see some of the things you are referring to as "glitches" so if you would be willing to do so, go to the forums and let's try and figure out what and or where these are coming from... something is not right here.

Now mind you, I am not trying to make you some raving fan boi or anything like that, I just want people to give a fair assessment of our game.

Come work with me to see if we can give you the 20 dollars worth of experience you paid for.

TheMaxx
04-04-2010, 10:17 PM
So looking over the last month of issues reported in the forums and personal emails from users I don't see some of the things you are referring to as "glitches" so if you would be willing to do so, go to the forums and let's try and figure out what and or where these are coming from... something is not right here.

Now mind you, I am not trying to make you some raving fan boi or anything like that, I just want people to give a fair assessment of our game.

Come work with me to see if we can give you the 20 dollars worth of experience you paid for.

I'd be more than happy to go to the forums.
but I would need a more specific ideal of what forums your referring too, If its the http://forums.stargateworlds.com/,
then where would i go into their forums exactly to list these issues?

FS_Khestral
04-05-2010, 08:05 AM
I'd be more than happy to go to the forums.
but I would need a more specific ideal of what forums your referring too, If its the http://forums.stargateworlds.com/,
then where would i go into their forums exactly to list these issues?

Sorry, was typing faster then thinking :D

Post them up on the support forums for me please.

TheMaxx
04-06-2010, 06:23 AM
whats the purpose of me showing them my DXDIAG, i dont want my info handed out for everyone to see, these problems are not on my end

FS_Khestral
04-07-2010, 08:57 AM
whats the purpose of me showing them my DXDIAG, i dont want my info handed out for everyone to see, these problems are not on my end

Your DXDiag file is something that can confirm your hardware is within the specs of the game and that you are running the correct drivers and such. Without that info there is no way for us to validate where the real issue lies. If you do not want to show us your DXDiag file there isn't much we can do to help you out.

thecoroner01
04-08-2010, 03:13 PM
This game could of been great - 10 years ago
I was buzzing when i heard this was coming out - i couldn't wait
But when i played it i was ashamed to be a stargate fan

If i was to dress up in tinfoil and walk down the street with a broom handle and pretend i was part of the jaffa army - i would be walking with more dignity than the developers of this mess - money or not - you must know when something is rubbish

patch it and make it what it should of been

oh and the registering bs - makes this game lose any credit it did have

fools!

FS_Khestral
04-11-2010, 03:25 AM
patch it and make it what it should of been

This is a great one, I love it when you yell at us but offer no real feedback for us to make any changes on... How are we supposed to make the game what it should have been if your not explaining your expectations?

Also, please understand while you may have some awesome ides (in you're opinion) we are making a game for the masses and not a single person.

Lar5
04-26-2010, 05:49 AM
"With this in mind you can forget about not buying the game thinking they are cheating you for money to support their company just so it can survive."

I bought the ♥♥♥♥ing game, and u know what? This ♥♥♥♥ inst working! how u explain that? I love Stargate, but this is just SO disappointing :(

FS_Khestral
04-28-2010, 04:58 PM
"With this in mind you can forget about not buying the game thinking they are cheating you for money to support their company just so it can survive."

I bought the ♥♥♥♥ing game, and u know what? This ♥♥♥♥ inst working! how u explain that? I love Stargate, but this is just SO disappointing :(

Lar5,

Ok so I need more info then "game no workie"... what isn't working exactly?

TheMaxx
04-28-2010, 06:10 PM
It would seem more and more people are finding the game lacking its structure of performing properly, consistent of game functions not properly working even after patches are suppose to fix in game play, and even firesky website for in game play not working right or always loaded down.

Now half of the people might be unable to just simply figure it all out, but the other half is still that percent that can tell the difference of servers down, galaxy map not performing right, in game character play not functioning right, and all around bugs lurking under the tv like roaches,
people getting tired of in game bug cheats, and other sort, I believe this is what people are referring to.

BloodLusts
04-28-2010, 10:27 PM
I have a split opinion..

FS says they want details and explanations of what is wrong and what we as players want right...

well first things first

I agree with Firesky's point of view to a certain degree and I agree with the general point of view from everyone here

1. The Devs and Firesky ARE POSTING HERE LIVE AND DAILY. What better support can you find? they are here and talking to us & They will listen to the ideas and suggestions people give when they are given properly. I have seen others idea's implemented in the SGR Game & I wont explain how I know this or why I know this BUT I do know they implemented the players ideas and suggestions into Stargate Worlds too.

So the DEVS do Listen and are here to help

That being said we move on to

2. Firesky DROPPED THE BALL BIG TIME.... on the errors with the site registration and e-mail verifications. I have pretty good proof that their e-mail servers were messed up during all this time & that they just recently had them fixed up and working properly again - IN FACT I can tell you the DATE the e-mail servers came back up and properly working was 4/28/2010

Firesky also droped the ball again with some other people they employ / allow to work with them etc.. (I dont know this guys position exactly - But he is a MOD on their forums AND Channel op in their IRC)

I personally programmed a bit of code for Firesky's use at his request and oddly enough when I was done and it worked it was like I did not exist anymore. LOL

I had thought of offering the guy the code to pull stat info from sgrstats.com directly to the IRC chat via chat commands because I dont mind helping out unless the people are going to act like your a disease when your done...

is this what we can look forward to? Firesky will drop all care and knowledge of its customers once they feel we are no longer any use?

I would like a copy of the code back though lol .. because I have lost the original somehow.... (probably on a backup HD somewhere)

as for the Game itself - I oddly enough Love it.. I bought the Combat pack and the game w/ combat pack so I have all they have to offer currently..

I hope the game does succeed but FireSky needs to change its views and attitude on some things

of course just my opinion - dont get me wrong I love the effort being put into this game and look forward to playing all the updates etc..

FS_Khestral
04-29-2010, 10:41 AM
I have a split opinion..

FS says they want details and explanations of what is wrong and what we as players want right...

well first things first

I agree with Firesky's point of view to a certain degree and I agree with the general point of view from everyone here

1. The Devs and Firesky ARE POSTING HERE LIVE AND DAILY. What better support can you find? they are here and talking to us & They will listen to the ideas and suggestions people give when they are given properly. I have seen others idea's implemented in the SGR Game & I wont explain how I know this or why I know this BUT I do know they implemented the players ideas and suggestions into Stargate Worlds too.

So the DEVS do Listen and are here to help

That being said we move on to

2. Firesky DROPPED THE BALL BIG TIME.... on the errors with the site registration and e-mail verifications. I have pretty good proof that their e-mail servers were messed up during all this time & that they just recently had them fixed up and working properly again - IN FACT I can tell you the DATE the e-mail servers came back up and properly working was 4/28/2010

Firesky also droped the ball again with some other people they employ / allow to work with them etc.. (I dont know this guys position exactly - But he is a MOD on their forums AND Channel op in their IRC)

I personally programmed a bit of code for Firesky's use at his request and oddly enough when I was done and it worked it was like I did not exist anymore. LOL

I had thought of offering the guy the code to pull stat info from sgrstats.com directly to the IRC chat via chat commands because I dont mind helping out unless the people are going to act like your a disease when your done...

is this what we can look forward to? Firesky will drop all care and knowledge of its customers once they feel we are no longer any use?

I would like a copy of the code back though lol .. because I have lost the original somehow.... (probably on a backup HD somewhere)

as for the Game itself - I oddly enough Love it.. I bought the Combat pack and the game w/ combat pack so I have all they have to offer currently..

I hope the game does succeed but FireSky needs to change its views and attitude on some things

of course just my opinion - dont get me wrong I love the effort being put into this game and look forward to playing all the updates etc..

Blood, if you are on our forums you know who I am, PM there and let me know the details of what happened and I will get it straight and do what I can to help you out. There have been some drastic changes around the office so it may be just a case on not knowing...

As for the mail thing, yeah we got it fixed and things should be fine... but if you look we are opening another weekend so folks can check out the game again :D

TheMaxx
04-29-2010, 11:55 AM
I've been seeing alot of people lately complaining of,
"corrupted .exe file please re-download file".

if you and the staff have knowledge of this please clarify to them what it means>

BloodLusts
04-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Khestral,

message sent lol

and its excellent to see another free weekend open up... I hope more people decide to buy and the game gets another player boost

Vahamon
05-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Hello people, I want to know if I buy the version on steam If I can still play Jaffa (It seam they have dlc but not on steam and I only buy game on steam) So Am I wrong? Thanks for the help.

BloodLusts
05-22-2010, 10:39 PM
You can play all classes / characters

those DLC's your seeing are just for EXTRA stuff for them

each class / character can be given extra eye candy
Commando can get a Gold Sniper rifle and Tactical Armor to wear
Soldier gets new armor and gold p90
Jaffa gets new armor and Cobra Staff Weapon
etc.. you get the idea they are just extra's and right now the only extras we can buy only effect how things look in game

Vahamon
05-22-2010, 11:02 PM
I thank you for this quick answer, I’m buying this game now despite the criticism this game receive. Maybe if it was 40$ I’ve pass my turn but for 20 buck, it’s worth the try. I’ll play jaffa and I hope to enjoy the experience. It’s just to bad it is not a FPS, but I’m sure this will do the job well! Again, thank you for your quick answer.

Also did you know where I can get answer about what for sure, they will implanted in further dlc or free patch?

BloodLusts
05-22-2010, 11:07 PM
well its Technically NOT a FPS - but it actually is a Shooter just not viewed from the First Person view
your are fighting and playing exactly like a FPS - you just can see your character the entire time etc..

Check it out -- also feel free to register on our site www.GoauldEmpire[color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color] maybe we can do some gaming to gather sometime
its a fun game when you run with a team

d10sfan
05-23-2010, 12:22 AM
This is a great one, I love it when you yell at us but offer no real feedback for us to make any changes on... How are we supposed to make the game what it should have been if your not explaining your expectations?

Also, please understand while you may have some awesome ides (in you're opinion) we are making a game for the masses and not a single person.

So are you listening to the players and adding suggestions that make sense to the game? Are you creating new content and maps? Updating the game to fix bugs?