PDA

View Full Version : AoD - The HoI2 'remake' question

Crusader
02-23-2010, 11:05 PM
If you don't already know about it, google "Arsenal of Democracy". Recently released on Steam.

For anyone who has it already; how the hell do I find the so called "Settings Launcher"? I bought this (via steam) for the fact that it's HoI2 remade, and is SUPPOSE to have widescreen support.

Any help?

Rebel44
02-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Try official HoI forums.

HoI3 was also missing launcher but it was easy to get from HoI3 forum.

BoneChalice
02-26-2010, 02:08 PM
If you don't already know about it, google "Arsenal of Democracy". Recently released on Steam.

For anyone who has it already; how the hell do I find the so called "Settings Launcher"? I bought this (via steam) for the fact that it's HoI2 remade, and is SUPPOSE to have widescreen support.

Any help?

Does your screen keep blinking? I have a wide screen and I can't stop the flickering. I tried everything and can't seem to get it to work.

dmastri
03-17-2010, 05:45 PM
The launcher seems to be missing, but the widescreen support is still there. You'll (unfortunately) need to manually set it in the settings file. Here's how:

1) Navigate to your \Steam\steamapps\common\arsenal of democracy folder.
2) Double click Settings.cfg and open it with notepad.
3) Enter desired width and height.
4) Save the file and launch the game.

It'll accept any common resolutions. I run mine in a 1920x1080 window.

RHALX
04-03-2010, 08:27 AM
The launcher is missing because it contained links to paradox websites, if I remember correctly. Because of that, valve removed it.

There's a patch coming soon, it should fix this issue.

Rebel44
04-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Patch will most likely be available this week.