PDA

View Full Version : Box Art LOL

Imashankyou
02-28-2010, 06:04 PM
http://flashofsteel.com/index.php/2010/02/24/a-tale-of-two-boxes/

The British one has character while the US one is generic grimdark.

InsaneChef
03-01-2010, 08:00 AM
the british one looks awful.

too bad im british

Tummynomnom
03-02-2010, 06:17 AM
the british one looks awful.

Actually, it doesn't.

golden
03-24-2010, 05:50 AM
I can't really understand how someone in their right minds would think the US version looks better than the UK version. Not only it's generic and bland it's poorly executed, it looks like it's done by my cousing who just learned how to use Photoshop and overuses layer effects on every single element.

XS-142
03-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Different publishers in US and EMEAA, some knitwit forgot to sync them.
Happens alot, this is just a tad more extreme than usual. :P
Hilarious tho and thank god I'm getting the EU one, the US version looks way too over the top.

Then again, different markets, different publishers, different results.
Just be happy your version isn't installed as Die Seidlers 7... :S

Alith
03-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Different markets. Your title appearing to be 'a bit gay' is going to lose some male teen customers in the US I would imagine. In the EU, probably not even factored into the buying decision. Something generic and bland like the US boxart would probably lose you customers in the EU compared to the one that's full of character.

They wouldn't do this if they didn't have studies to back up these decisions. I don't work in the industry so maybe someone could shed some light on it. I'm guessing they would design several box arts and put it to a small panel to vote on them. I work in medicine and drug companies are always inviting me to market research sessions to evaluate box art and advertising. They wouldn't spend money on localising a product if they didn't think it would result in increased sales.

Hardin4188
03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
The US one is a lot better.

exoteror
03-24-2010, 02:06 PM
I personally prefer the uk version since it represents the game better than the us version which the game only a small part of it is about war.... maybe less than 1/3