PDA

View Full Version : Replays not showing up

Latrodectus
03-03-2010, 08:14 AM
I haven't been able to access any of my replays. When I go to the "replay" option the list is blank, even though I've clicked the "save replay" button several times after games, and assigned it a name. Is any one able to access their replays?

Spikx
03-03-2010, 08:15 AM
This could be an access right issue, since the replays are stored in your Documents\My Games folder, as far as I know. Which OS do you use?

Latrodectus
03-03-2010, 08:56 AM
windows XP

edit: And the replay folder is empty, so the source of the problem seems to be them not saving in the first place.

Spikx
03-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Search for *replay on your hard disk (including hidden folders), maybe they are stored to the wrong place for some reason.

Latrodectus
03-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Well, I've tried several things, including searching for my replay folder, but the games aren't being saved to the wrong area. They're just not being saved at all. I've also come to find that I can't save a game either (single player campaign or skirmish). So I have no idea what the problem is.

Spikx
03-11-2010, 04:16 AM
// nvm

Atlantis11Talyn
03-11-2010, 08:24 AM
I had the same problem (vista 64)

The patch on the 10th seemed to fix it though.

Spikx
03-14-2010, 05:21 PM
@Latrodectus: do you still have the problem? If so, do you have any special characters in your username in the operating system?

Latrodectus
03-14-2010, 05:23 PM
No, the most recent patch seems to have fixed it.

Aesir Rising
03-14-2010, 05:40 PM
FYI, maybe related, maybe not, but here's what I see periodically:
..\replays\Aesir Rising
and
..\replays\12345678
The folder named with 8 numbers is, I think, my steam account number, so I changed it for posting purposes.

I've deleted that folder. It came back. I think it happens if/when I lose connectivity to Steam or connectivity to whatever it is Steam is wanting me to connect to for profile purposes.
Any replays in the numbers folder aren't visible in-game. I only see the replays in the Aesir Rising folder. I'd assume if/when I do lose that connectivity, things would reverse and I'd not be able to see my Aesir Rising replays.

Spikx
03-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Hm, after the recent patch, you should only get the folder with your Steam ID. But it's weird, that the replays won't show up for you in that folder.

Try to delete the Game.prefs to reset it to the default settings. Or look into it, maybe the folder is defined there somewhere

Aesir Rising
03-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Hm, after the recent patch, you should only get the folder with your Steam ID. But it's weird, that the replays won't show up for you in that folder.

Try to delete the Game.prefs to reset it to the default settings. Or look into it, maybe the folder is defined there somewhere

I will. I do know this folder appeared post-patch for sure though. last one was yesterday. I also know sometimes when I refresh a page or try to check for client updates, Steam doesn't respond - so I do think it's connectivity with 'the cloud'.