PDA

View Full Version : Trouble when I use ctrl and the spacebar at the same time

vcaddy
03-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Hello, I just loaded CSS to my new computer, and am experiencing a slight but really annoying problem. The game runs great, however, when I try to jump/crouch it simply will not, and will usually lag if I do this. I cannot figure out why this would be, and am not the most Tech savy person to begin with so I would not know where to start. My computer stats are: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE (I know its not the best but should be good enough to run this, I used to run it on an older gateway and I doubt it was nearly as good as this one currently.)
Processor Brand: AMD
Processor Class: Phenom X4

8GB of ram

Any help on what could be causing this would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Vcaddy

vcaddy
03-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Thought I might add that I cannot high jump (obviously) but also sometimes when I do use jump/crouch buttons I will stay crouched until I let go of the W button. When I do that my guy will jump up in the air. The issue is just so strange to me, and I cant even begin to think where I should begin.

polka
03-04-2010, 02:46 AM
have you checked that your keyboard accepts multiple inputs?
some keyboards dont accept multiple keypresses.

vcaddy
03-04-2010, 10:41 AM
have you checked that your keyboard accepts multiple inputs?
some keyboards dont accept multiple keypresses.

No I have not, that makes sence. How do I see if my keyboard does this? just buy a new one? I have a dell keyboard lying around at home but i dont think it will work on my HP.

ParaKnowYa
03-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Why shouldnt your dell keyboard work with your HP?!

vcaddy
03-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Why shouldnt your dell keyboard work with your HP?!

I had tried to use it when i first was setting up my computer. I could not get it to work, ill try again and see if it will.

bloody skull
03-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I had tried to use it when i first was setting up my computer. I could not get it to work, ill try again and see if it will.

remember that often a keyboard with the old port (PS2) instead of the USB can't be plugged in and start working. PS2 ports require a system reboot in order to work. so if you tried connecting the keyboard while the pc was ON, it didn't work.

vcaddy
03-11-2010, 10:12 AM
remember that often a keyboard with the old port (PS2) instead of the USB can't be plugged in and start working. PS2 ports require a system reboot in order to work. so if you tried connecting the keyboard while the pc was ON, it didn't work.

Damn I had no idea, LOL, thank you! Ill try that later on :o

SniperWolf
03-12-2010, 04:17 AM
hey try changeing the button from ctrl to left shift and walk to caplocks. it works for my buddy. he cant use ctrl and spacebar but the left shift and space is fine.