PDA

View Full Version : Portal 2 Speculation/ Wants & Don't Wants

kingxelas
03-05-2010, 11:24 AM
As a new revealed game, speculation about Portal 2 will emerge and we got some hints on what to expect.

Speculation

Well we can see from game informer magazine that there is a connection with a wild environment so it can be something that could be related prior Portal events. Portal in a wild environment?! how could that work? Or you continue in a lab test? Also if you've escaped could there be the 'tests' that GlaDOS managed to put us in?

Cave Johnson, the boss of Aperture who was dead in Portal, will be the principle antagonist of this sequel. Source (http://kotaku.com/5486657/an-insiders-guide-to-portal-2)

But how does a dead man get a leading role in Portal 2?Source (http://kotaku.com/5015122/more-details-on-portal-2s-bad-guy)

Something like a resurrection in a computer. This like this is possible in Aperture Science:cool:

How would you react to a male like AI?

Cave Johnson Quotes
"Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: Why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: Why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired."

"Plus, in the event of your death, I personally guarantee that, thanks to the form you were required to sign this morning, your family will not suffer the indignities of a prolonged and costly legal battle against Aperture Science. Trust me, I am rich, and it is a burden I would not wish on anyone."

"…remind you that APerture Science is built on three pillars. Pillar one: Science without results is just witchcraft. Pillar two: Get results or you're fired. Pillar three: if you suspect a coworker of bin' a witch, report them immediately. I cannot stress that enough. Witchcraft will not be tolerated."

"A lot of you have been raising concerns about the so-called "dangers" of what we're all doing here. The beancounters told me to tell you that as of today, testing will no longer be as mandatory or as dangerous. That's not gonna happen and here's the reason."

Clearer images and possible relation with EP3 (http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/03/original.jpg)

Wants

First thing I want is a longer game. The first one is really great and you can beat it really fast.

It'd be great if we get more dynamic test chambers (if we can call them that). A more dynamic environment.

A connection with Half-Life world. We got it in Portal 1 but something that could create events in HL2 EP3 or a possible HL3.

New kind of enemies. Not saying different but some kind of turret based like the ones that we got.

Updated engine would bring more possibilities on how we use the Portal technology and how do we interact with the environment.

Do NOT Want

I think the game should not destroy what Portal has created. We got a puzzle based game and Portal 2 should continue like that but as the events that occurred maybe a balance between Half-Life and Portal 1 would be a good option.

Portal 2 should maintain the base core/interaction as in Portal 1.

Things that we know

-> Portal 2 is set to drop this upcoming holiday season at full retail price.
-> The return of GlaDOS
-> New characters
-> New areas of the Aperture Science Labs
-> The two-player co-op mode will feature its own campaign with two new playable characters.

(Source GameInformer)

BladeRunner162
03-05-2010, 12:01 PM
I already knew this info but for other people sake make it a spoiler thread ffs and us spoiler tags!

GannonSlayer143
03-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah, use some spoiler tags.

PwderedToastMan
03-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Want it now

Don't want it to be delayed.

>_>;

kingxelas
03-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah, use some spoiler tags.

sorry I do not know where to use them. Besides talking a bit on Portal 1 this now is a separate forum. Maybe on the quote by CJ but it's relevant info speculating Portal 2.

Inspector Jones
03-05-2010, 12:07 PM
I want more combat. If portal is indeed going to be longer game, it just can't all be portals. Think about all the possibilities you could use with the portal gun to combat enemies.

I don't want multiplayer. Really, focus on giving us the best single player you can.

kingxelas
03-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Want it now

Don't want it to be delayed.

>_>;
I think it's all what we want :D

I want more combat. If portal is indeed going to be longer game, it just can't all be portals. Think about all the possibilities you could use with the portal gun to combat enemies.

I don't want multi player. Really, focus on giving us the best single player you can.

Too right. But Coop is not a bad idea at all. but first they need to focus on the single player experience as you said. Coop could be used somehow in something related with advanced chambers in Portal 1)

vashts1985
03-05-2010, 12:11 PM
im not too keen on the co-op idea. that's not what portal should be about, and the concept should have been "left for dead"

PwderedToastMan
03-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Unless of course co-op isn't two people playing Portal 2.

Imagine if one person was playing Portal 2 and the other was playing Half life ep 3. It's logical to assume at some point the story's of Gordon and Chell will meet assuming the timeline for both games are the same.

Unfortunately that'd blow the nuts off of most people and would be too much work to put in. = /

kingxelas
03-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Unless of course co-op isn't two people playing Portal 2.

Imagine if one person was playing Portal 2 and the other was playing Half life ep 3. It's logical to assume at some point the story's of Gordon and Chell will meet assuming the timeline for both games are the same.

Unfortunately that'd blow the nuts off of most people and would be too much work to put in. = /

I don't know if this will be possible. And will look somehow very weird. But that's a thing that we may or not see in the future.

No_wander_off
03-05-2010, 12:56 PM
i would like to dual wield portal guns

(blue on the left hand and orange in the right hand)

:p

T-Dogg
03-05-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't care for co-op.

darkmatter00
12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Cant wait till CO-Op, Will want the Best Single player

absta101
12-11-2010, 02:04 AM
I want G-MAN to walk out the white door and tell you 'prepare for unforseen consequences'...

reameesh
12-11-2010, 03:47 AM
I want Portal 2 the way it appears to be at the moment. I don't want more combat. I don't want Gman. I do want coop as well as singleplayer.

Shifty_Pete
12-11-2010, 04:48 AM
I want my brain to melt again

Teh_Cube
12-11-2010, 10:13 AM
I want my brain to freeze so that I don't have to read bumped threads

nrnoble
12-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Cant wait till CO-Op, Will want the Best Single player

I must say you've got some some talent in tracking down threads that are 9 months old and bumping them back to the top. This is about the 5th on you did on a row.

LiaCroft
12-13-2010, 04:17 AM
I want Portal 2 the way it appears to be at the moment. I don't want more combat. I don't want Gman. I do want coop as well as singleplayer.

Nothing more to say! :)