PDA

View Full Version : Portal 2 boycott thread

Hostile_Rabbit
03-05-2010, 03:34 PM
has anyone made a portal 2 boycott group yet? as I might do, due to these reasons:

- game is way too early, wth valve!

- looking at the new screenshots its running on a bbs system so we would all need new hardware :(

- no confirmation if they game will have any cake at all

- plus they said it may come in a box with other games but no confirmation of l4d3 or TF3 D:

- the first portal game had one DLC only, this is no way to treat fans

- there is a mac version which is far superior than windows, I find this annoying

- new puzzles are gonna be tough for us gamers, I do not want to spend a day working out how to scramble a image from a audio file to get to the next chamber

- no Alxy Vance or Zoey in this game..... Seriously Valve how will this game ever sell?

- two player co-op will have no dedicated servers, major problem for us gamers

Please post any other problems you have with the game, together we can make this a successful boycott and show that as a united gamer front that we can say NO to games that do not serve us.

Edit by Shane:
This is clearly a light hearted joke. I'll leave individuals to discern the quality of the humor, but PLEASE stop reporting it. Have a sense of humor and lighten up.

Panic.exe
03-05-2010, 03:36 PM
lol'd

leonide
go back under your bridge, troll.

HG131
Ok, this is funny. Also, why haven't you said anything about the Companion Cube. CUUUUBBBBBIIIIIEEEEE!!!!

Chezzy
It's not ep3! BOYCOTT!

Nah, I'm excited.

Moki
All of your points are stupid. If something was early, it was L4D2. P2 is totally fine.

Edit: Eh, my joke-o-meter is broken. Sorry :/ Nevermind.

Rumina
03-05-2010, 03:37 PM
After going over your post, I've got to say you raise some excellent points. I might have to join this group.

You had me until the second line btw.

Frugal
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Go to the L4D forums and reread the boycott stuff.

eclipdgg
03-05-2010, 03:43 PM
dont bash on something that you havent tried yet

kitfistofan
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Fail, troll is fail.

HyperTech
03-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Hehe, this is a kinda hilarious thread. Thanks for the giggles, OP :)

Ammnontet
03-05-2010, 03:46 PM
- looking at the new screenshots its running on a bbs system so we would all need new hardware :(

This is the best line.

Vlad211
03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Great. Just freaking great! The game has only been announced less than a day ago and there's already a boycott group trying to ♥♥♥♥ things up! The only reason I would wanna boycott this game is because Half-Life 2: Episode 3 has not been announced before Portal 2 but that doesn't matter since Valve is hard at work still developing it as we speak.

Hoss
03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Great. Just freaking great! The game has only been announced less than a day ago and there's already a boycott group trying to ♥♥♥♥ things up! The only reason I would wanna boycott this game is because Half-Life 2: Episode 3 has not been announced before Portal 2 but that doesn't matter since Valve is hard at work still developing it as we speak.
you didn't really read his post

backstepper
03-05-2010, 03:50 PM
If they really release Portal 2 before Epsiode 3 i doubt they even started working on Episode 3.

For the boycott group im not happy about Portal 2 and im not buying it so you could say i boycott it but i seem to be the only one having that problem. The OP is just making fun of it and you are not able to read thats all.

Sensai
03-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I like this thread, and I'm leaving a comment here to serve as a bookmark. There are people who get it, people who don't get it or (more likely) didn't read the post, and then people who call you a troll.

Guys, let's define troll. From http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/trolling, a troll is someone who "will state something only with the intention of stirring up controversy." This guy is clearly not creating controversy, but rather being funny.

Being funny != trolling.

Da clown teehee
has anyone made a portal 2 boycott group yet? as I might do, due to these reasons:

- plus they said it may come in a box with other games but no confirmation of l4d3 or TF3 D:

- there is a mac version which is far superior than windows, I find this annoying

- new puzzles are gonna be tough for us gamers, I do not want to spend a day working out how to scramble a image from a audio file to get to the next chamber

- no Alxy Vance or Zoey in this game..... Seriously Valve how will this game ever sell?

Please post any other problems you have with the game, together we can make this a successful boycott and show that as a united gamer front that we can say NO to games that do not serve us.

i lold

nice joke rep for you

Hoss
I like this thread, and I'm leaving a comment here to serve as a bookmark. There are people who get it, people who don't get it or (more likely) didn't read the post, and then people who call you a troll.

Guys, let's define troll. From http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/trolling, a troll is someone who "will state something only with the intention of stirring up controversy." This guy is clearly not creating controversy, but rather being funny.

Being funny != trolling.>know your meme
just get out of here.

Sensai
03-05-2010, 03:53 PM
>know your meme
just get out of here.
Please, PLEASE point me to somewhere reputable that would define 'troll' in the manner I need it to. Please.

I mean, I'm not being condescending, I'd just really like to know if there's somewhere that defines it like that. I don't frequent knowyourmeme, but it's the only place I could think of that would define it in terms of Internet forums.

MADDOGGE
03-05-2010, 03:54 PM

Please post any other problems you have with the game, together we can make this a successful boycott and show that as a united gamer front that we can say NO to games that do not serve us. Sarcasm for the win!+rep

Hoss
03-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Please, PLEASE point me to somewhere reputable that would define 'troll' in the manner I need it to. Please.

I mean, I'm not being condescending, I'd just really like to know if there's somewhere that defines it like that. I don't frequent knowyourmeme, but it's the only place I could think of that would define it in terms of Internet forums.

It's not trolling, it's a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ joke. Also know your meme is stupid.

Psyke89
03-05-2010, 03:55 PM

lol no
10lolnoes

linfosoma
03-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I'll join the boycott, and then I'LL PRE-ORDER THE GAME!!!

Sensai
03-05-2010, 03:56 PM
It's not trolling, it's a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ joke. Also know your meme is stupid.

....what are you talking about? Are you even reading my posts?

I'm going to assume you're trolling me. If not, then a) I've already acknowledge knowyourmeme is less than reputable and b) the entire point of my first post was poking fun of the people who said he was trolling.

You funny.

MADDOGGE
03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I'll join the boycott, and then I'LL PRE-ORDER THE GAME!!!Shouldn't that be pre-order first, then boycott?

I'm in also, sign me up!;)

Hellicus99
03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Hahah oh wow..
If you're gonna troll, at least keep it believable..
0/10

Hoss
03-05-2010, 03:58 PM
....what are you talking about? Are you even reading my posts?

I'm going to assume you're trolling me. If not, then a) I've already acknowledge knowyourmeme is less than reputable and b) the entire point of my first post was poking fun of the people who said he was trolling.

You funny.
oh.

well it's not like i read your post in the first place so sorry

Sensai
Hahah oh wow..
If you're gonna troll, at least keep it believable..
0/10

Please refer to my first post.

Seriously, is the internet getting so bad that people can't differentiate between honest attempts at humor and people being trolls?

oh.

well it's not like i read your post in the first place so sorryPeople like you make me realize how ♥♥♥♥ty a place the Internet is.

Eternal september indeed.

madmakz2
lolīd! +rep OP

Strelok
03-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm boycotting this thread.

Oops, I've broke my boycott like every other steam user on the planet does.:p

5killer
03-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Didn't even chuckle. Try harder next time.

FunkyBrown
03-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Omg... I was SO ready to chew you out after seeing this thread title, but then I read it... GG, Hostile_Rabbit. GG. :P

Hoss
03-05-2010, 04:01 PM
People like you make me realize how ♥♥♥♥ty a place the Internet is.

Eternal september indeed.What, cuz I made a ♥♥♥♥in mistake? People make mistakes. You made the mistake of bein a total jackass after I apologized, so yeah, thanks for that.

Ricotez
03-05-2010, 04:02 PM
FAIL

10fails

Sensai
03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
What, cuz I made a ♥♥♥♥in mistake? People make mistakes. You made the mistake of bein a total jackass after I apologized, so yeah, thanks for that.
Mistake? A mistake is misspelling a word or accidentally doing something.

Not reading is a conscious action. A poor decision, too. On a forum, if you don't read...then why are you even here?

Remember, kiddies: literacy is a good thing, but only if you use it.

[Edit:]

Also, it was not a mistake that I was rude. I think you misunderstand the word. Is English your first language?

Hoss
03-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Mistake? A mistake is misspelling a word or accidentally doing something.

Not reading is a conscious action. A poor decision, too. On a forum, if you don't read...then why are you even here?

Remember, kiddies: literacy is a good thing, but only if you use it.

Also, it was not a mistake that I was rude. I think you misunderstand the word. Is English your first language?
I skimmed it and misread it.

Dude why are you still being such a ♥♥♥♥ing jackass. That's not cool.

MADDOGGE
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Ya'll are ruining a really fun thread! Peace guys please?

qazxswplmnko
03-05-2010, 04:07 PM
lololololol I was expecting something along the lines of exactly this. The game doesn't even come out for another 7 months!

backstepper
03-05-2010, 04:11 PM
I just going to wave around with angry posts and hope i hit someone sorry but im not happy and even so this will be a great game its enough i got L4D2. I won't get Portal without even knowing that they work on Episode 3. Hell even that this thread made me smile for a moment is now gone and if im the only freakin person but to hell with Portal2. Put it into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator and leave it there.:mad:

I ♥♥♥♥ing hate that game even so i know it will be great and i like to buy it but not without Episode 3. Im full of it.

Also MADDOGGE sorry to ruin the thread even more.:p

Darkie1337
03-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Troll. Get out

Sensai
03-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Ya'll are ruining a really fun thread! Peace guys please?

Absolutely. Sorry to take away the fun.

Really, though. I'm looking forward to seeing this thread evolve. I imagine that the majority of people will actually read (GASP!) the first post and understand it, with a few random people coming in and ♥♥♥♥♥ing.

Should be pretty funny. :-)

Sorry for giving you a rough time Hoss. The wit muscle needed to be flexed and you just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Apologies. No hard feelings I hope?

@ Darkie1337: Tee hee. You guys make me chuckle. Also, you make me feel better about myself.

Shadow_Man_PW
03-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Okay, lol'd at first especially at the people who failed to get the joke. But then I read the rest of the thread and saw everyone getting so serious. Now I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

MADDOGGE
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I just going to wave around with angry posts and hope i hit someone sorry but im not happy and even so this will be a great game its enough i got L4D2. I won't get Portal without even knowing that they work on Episode 3. Hell even that this thread made me smile for a moment is now gone and if im the only freakin person but to hell with Portal2. Put it into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator and leave it there.:mad:

I ♥♥♥♥ing hate that game even so i know it will be great and i like to buy it but not without Episode 3. Im full of it.

Also MADDOGGE sorry to ruin the thread even more.:pOh I have no plans myself on getting it without a firm date for Ep3 either unless it's given as a gift. I'm tired of being jerked around by Valve over EP3. L4D2 was the last Valve game I'm buying until I get Ep3. This thread though is about the absurdity of the OP's post and so I can put aside my feeling and just enjoy that.:D:cool:

kebyh
03-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Very nice OP, +rep.

BobNintendo
03-05-2010, 04:20 PM
LOL FAIL TROLL xD

right guys????

King of Koopas
03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Wow 3 years is to early? Ok nice troll attempt

Chezzy
I'm going to boycott this boycott. Just try and stop me!

Hoss
Absolutely. Sorry to take away the fun.

Really, though. I'm looking forward to seeing this thread evolve. I imagine that the majority of people will actually read (GASP!) the first post and understand it, with a few random people coming in and ♥♥♥♥♥ing.

Should be pretty funny. :-)

Sorry for giving you a rough time Hoss. The wit muscle needed to be flexed and you just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Apologies. No hard feelings I hope?

@ Darkie1337: Tee hee. You guys make me chuckle. Also, you make me feel better about myself.Yeah, about "wit," that really just says "YOU CAN'T READ! DOHOHOHOHO" and that's not really witty. That was the jerk muscle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphincter) you were flexing.

Jamm3r
03-05-2010, 04:23 PM
kudos @ OP and big lols for all the broken sarcasm meters around here.

+rep

MADDOGGE
03-05-2010, 04:25 PM
How could anyone read the OP and not realize he wasn't serious?:confused::confused: Broken sarcasm meters is right!:(:(:(

T-Dogg
03-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Wow. A lot of people really didn't get it...

A cookie to OP though. Funny stuff.

backstepper
03-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Oh I have no plans myself on getting it without a firm date for Ep3 either unless it's given as a gift. I'm tired of being jerked around by Valve over EP3. L4D2 was the last Valve game I'm buying until I get Ep3. This thread though is about the absurdity of the OP's post and so I can put aside my feeling and just enjoy that.:D:cool:
Good to hear that because it seems to me like nearly everyone is just jumping around and being happy and i feel like the Grinch that wants to take christas away from them and to be honest if that would be something i could do i totally would.:p
LOL FAIL TROLL xD

right guys????
:facepalm:
Troll. Get out
:double facepalm.
kudos @ OP and big lols for all the broken sarcasm meters around here.

+rep
yeah or that. It was the first thread in connection with Portal 2 i was giving 5 stars(not that i rate that much threads)

How could anyone read the OP and not realize he wasn't serious?:confused::confused: Broken sarcasm meters is right!:(:(:(
If they did more than just read the title, give it one star and report the post.:p

Wow 3 years is to early? Ok nice troll attempt

I'm going to boycott this boycott. Just try and stop me!
not enough facepalms for you guys.......

Also maybe its not a bad idea because getting invited to play the game because you made a Boycott Group sounds good to me but i would not like to play portal 2 i trust them when they say its good instead i would like to play Episode 3 if they have started working on it of course.....

civanT
03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Yay, best boycott eva. I'll pre-order twice and troll in all portal 2 forums yay!

MADDOGGE
03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Don't forget not all players are HL2 fans! Gasp! Yes, sad but true.:( Straight Portal fans may not care if Ep3 ever comes out so are naturally excited to hear about their sequel!;)

ubersauce
03-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Gotta love the people who don't read the OP before posting. :D

kanaka
03-05-2010, 04:40 PM
/signs petition

thebenonator
03-05-2010, 04:41 PM
This is great. The amount of ignorant people are close to the Onion videos!

zappeo
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
i'm excited about portal 2 being the sequel prequelized of ep3 which is the afterprequel of css2.

so i'll boycott portal 2 until demo will be so overpowered.

eatmorecaramel
03-05-2010, 04:45 PM

Lolwut? You sir, are an idiot.

thegrimace
You sure know how to make fools expose themselves OP. Well played. +rep

edit: 5 star if you actually read.

Lysander
Great post, very amusing. Sad about the lack of understanding in the topic but still, glad to see some people got it.

zappeo
03-05-2010, 04:49 PM
You sure know how to make fools expose themselves OP. Well played.

lol that's what i was thinking.
every "get out troll" or "you boycott guys are so stupid" is even more funny than the first post.

Dman3003
03-05-2010, 04:53 PM
no boycotting the sequal to the greatest single player game in the known and unknown universe/s.

V-Man339
03-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I think the total lack of playing offline is a major turnoff for me; everyone is going to pirate this game now, great job Valve!

Directx10
03-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I'll hop on this bandwagon. DOWN WITH PORTAL2!!!!! Portal one still needs the promised extra content!!

altercuca
03-05-2010, 04:59 PM

HERE! (http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/altercuca/achievementunlocked.jpg) think before u post!

frostedfire
03-05-2010, 05:00 PM

you just want to gabe tell us it'll all be ok.

I'm onto you... ;)

Lysander
03-05-2010, 05:00 PM
HERE! (http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/altercuca/achievementunlocked.jpg) think before u post!

Oh, the ironing.

slayerking
03-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Yes YOU should! some people need to turn on their humour chips.

altercuca
03-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh, the ironing.
:confused: u like ironing !? aaa u mean irony! this is my last post!:mad:

Rumina
You forgot to boycott the idea co-op mode! The feature takes away from my immersion and atmosphere of isolation!

Radeon_7200

Ohhh, fuc*k, i sell my BBS modem two weeks ago...xDD

Good points, excuse my english!

sleepygamer
03-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Oh, the ironing.You should probably go get that done. I like clothes wrinkle free, yo.

MADDOGGE
03-05-2010, 05:16 PM
You should know and I got a big chuckle out of it, that there is now an anti-boycott thread apparently to fight this one! The ultimate irony considering the true purpose of the OP's thread.LOL:D:D:D:cool:;)

backstepper
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
You should know and I got a big chuckle out of it, that there is now an anti-boycott thread apparently to fight this one! The ultimate irony considering the true purpose of the OP's thread.LOL:D:D:D:cool:;)
This is the only thing that is keeping me from being angry at the moment. I mean you people really don't get it? Read and think about it. Maybe someone should explain a joke to you but oh wait that is the problem that is taking the fun away. Maddogge at least we have our fun.;)

MADDOGGE
03-05-2010, 05:25 PM
This is the only thing that is keeping me from being angry at the moment. I mean you people really don't get it? Read and think about it. Maybe someone should explain a joke to you but oh wait that is the problem that is taking the fun away. Maddogge at least we have our fun.;)I have to take my fun where I can get it.:D

backstepper
03-05-2010, 05:29 PM
So true but if they keep this on it will maybe make me even feel sorry for them......................................not :D

Bosola
03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
ITT: Several posters demonstrate they don't actually know what a 'troll' is.

Tenosis
03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Frankly, I think everyone's so tired from all the trolls over the last week that they just assume that this is another one without reading it closely.

>X2<
03-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I lolled there IS a "Portal 2 Boycott" group...

I think they are boycotting radio transmissions.

10011001 11011100 10001101 10111011 100011111 101100100 10001001 011000111
10001000 10001010 10011011 01101011 101011101 100100010 11011101 111000001
01100010 10001000 00100001 00100110 100000111 101011100 00100010 100010010
10010010 10001001 10000111 10101001 100010010 100010000 10011001 100010001
11011100 10001101 10111011 10001111 101100100 100010010 01100011 100111011
10001000 10001010 10011011 01101011 101011101 100100010 11011101 111000001
01100010 10001000 00100001 00100110 100000111 101011100 00100010 100010010
10010010 10001001 10000111 10101001 100010010 100010000 10011001 100110111

end transmission.

MADDOGGE
03-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Frankly, I think everyone's so tired from all the trolls over the last week that they just assume that this is another one without reading it closely.Thats sad though because the OP had me in stitches by the time I was through reading the whole post. I mean when I first saw the thread title it was like you have got to be kidding then actually reading it got me a giggling.:cool:

Shadow_Man_PW
03-05-2010, 05:35 PM
:confused: u like ironing !? aaa u mean irony! this is my last post!:mad:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahaha, double failure. Do you have any sense of humour? HAHAHAhahaha

Okay, now I have to rep OP. This is just gaining so much momentum :D:D

gia257
03-05-2010, 05:37 PM

awesome

Erunamo
03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
This is the only thing that is keeping me from being angry at the moment. I mean you people really don't get it? Read and think about it. Maybe someone should explain a joke to you but oh wait that is the problem that is taking the fun away. Maddogge at least we have our fun.;)

Sarcasm seems to be a hard-to-get concept. I remember once reading that children won't understand irony until the age of about 7. But maybe some people won't learn to understand irony ever (that's at least less harsh than thinking they couldn't read at all ;) ).
But these two threads are just hilarious. I'll come over to you two and watch this. Want a pizza? ;)

>X2<
03-05-2010, 05:42 PM
The boycott seems to be about Glados 3.11, they were expecting a new engine and at least get Glados 4.0.

Dekertt927
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
@op...not funny. die.

I get it's a joke, but not funny...lame.

Lysander
03-05-2010, 05:44 PM
awesome

I love that quote. It actually shows that the OP has a good sense of humour.

iEzerith
03-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Shut up.

mkeating
03-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Excellent idea OP :)

RapidSpin
03-05-2010, 05:47 PM
why each and every good game have to be boycotted?

backstepper
Sarcasm seems to be a hard-to-get concept. I remember once reading that children won't understand irony until the age of about 7. But maybe some people won't learn to understand irony ever (that's at least less harsh than thinking they couldn't read at all ;) ).
But these two threads are just hilarious. I'll come over to you two and watch this. Want a pizza? ;)
I think i will go to bed even so im hungry but i also don't think i can get a pizza at 2 a.m. . Not to mention that i would only eat cheese pizza since im a vegetarian and most people like pizza with parts of dead animals.:p
why each and every good game have to be boycotted?
If every post like this would cause a small amount of radiation i would now bde dead or have at least cancer that would kill me soon.;)

@op...not funny. die.

I get it's a joke, but not funny...lame.
You know that wish people they should die is not only one but even two things? Stupid and not funny so stop doing it because if you would get it you would just leave it alone or say not funny but some people are just not able to do that it seems. Like other people not being able to get any sarcasm.

CypherColt
LOL i hope this guy is joking. Remember what happened with Cod4mw2... 'boycott it' '99% of boycotters can be seen playing it'

TEHspy (Spy)
03-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Too early release? You are an idiot

Headphonemaker
03-05-2010, 05:50 PM
agreed im annoyed that they are no plans to bring portal 2 into the TF2 universe

MADDOGGE
03-05-2010, 05:52 PM
I think i will go to bed even so im hungry but i also don't think i can get a pizza at 2 a.m. . Not to mention that i would only eat cheese pizza since im a vegetarian and most people like pizza with parts of dead animals.:p You should be thankful for us eating them otherwise you'd have to find places to bury them. Being a cruel carnasaur:eek: even I know they make soy meats you could slap on your cheese pizza. The pepperoni and bacon bits are pretty good.:)

LOL i hope this guy is joking. Remember what happened with Cod4mw2... 'boycott it' '99% of boycotters can be seen playing it'Same thing went for L4D2.:D

incy247
03-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Faceist palmist Facepalm ever D:

Erunamo
03-05-2010, 05:54 PM
I think i will go to bed even so im hungry but i also don't think i can get a pizza at 2 a.m. . Not to mention that i would only eat cheese pizza since im a vegetarian and most people like pizza with parts of dead animals.:p

It seems we are in the same time zone ;) But this is just to good to get sleeping yet. I think I could find a pizza with parts of dead plants in my fridge as well :)

Too early release? You are an idiot

I see, the great comments are still coming in :D

backstepper
03-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Read, think and post it helps sometimes and for everyone still raging: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Not that i think anyone will read it but that makes it even more fun to watch after i got back from sleeping and working that is(and by that moment the thread will have around 80 pages and still people who don't know whats going on:D).
It seems we are in the same time zone ;) But this is just to good to get sleeping yet. I think I could find a pizza with parts of dead plants in my fridge as well :)

If it wasn't for work i would and you got me with the plants.;)

I see, the great comments are still coming in :D
And they will be in 10 hours if the thread isn't closed for pure awesomeness.:D

>X2<
03-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Sarcasm where, they are seriously botcooting this, it's just too soon.

Mike_Bson
03-05-2010, 06:02 PM

Are there screenshots?

Erunamo
03-05-2010, 06:04 PM
And they will be in 10 hours if the thread isn't closed for pure awesomeness.:D

They wouldn't do that, would they? The only danger I can see is that Portal 2 will be delayed because the staff is reading this very thread and is lying on the floor laughing... :eek:

marie pavie
03-05-2010, 06:08 PM
...due to these reasons:
It doesn't even have any online petitions?

MADDOGGE
03-05-2010, 06:15 PM
It doesn't even have any online petitions?Thanks marie, great idea, I think I'll start one. Every new game needs a petition theses days.;)

>X2<
03-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks marie, great idea, I think I'll start one. Every new game needs a petition theses days.;) WE have to take the petition to Valve... with a cake and 2 candles this time.

mose20
03-05-2010, 06:19 PM
I can't believe how many people here took the OP seriously.

chromal
03-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I can't believe how many people here took the OP seriously.

I can't believe the OP thought that was worth posting.

Chezzy
03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
not enough facepalms for you guys.......

I'm facepalming at this, actually. You obviously didn't get my joke.

I know this is a joke thread, I have a post on the first page :p

Munkyman720
03-05-2010, 07:19 PM
lol nice, OP. Came in here to nerdrage, but you made me leave with a smile :)

thegrimace
03-05-2010, 07:45 PM

I can. It was funny, but the response was so much better. Nice first post btw.

prafulk
03-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Gabe must have read the thread title and must have gone . . wa wa waaaaat ????

Not again :D.

Anyways FAIL troll is FAIL.

Superlink99
03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I have a problem with the game. That stupid people like you are allowed anywhere near it:o

§W-
03-05-2010, 07:51 PM

Being funny != trolling.
Actually since he is sarcastically ridiculing a bunch of concerns of PC gamers as though they where ridiculous. He kind of is stirring up controversy.

Do you believe that multilayer centered games with a medium low amount of content should be released at full price as well as having a full priced a medium content expansion like addition?
That is controversial.
Do you believe that dedicated servers are stupid and aren't needed for any type of multi-player game?
That is controversial.

and in general this post, with it's sarcasm, seems to criticize complaints about games in general.

Now, I won't call him a troll because he and others fails to see how this joke can annoy some...
But my concerns have been stated. Try to execute your jokes in a more agreeable manner

>X2<
03-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Actually since he is sarcastically ridiculing a bunch of concerns of PC gamers as though they where ridiculous. He kind of is stirring up controversy.

Do you believe that multilayer centered games with a medium low amount of content should be released at full price as well as having a full priced a medium content expansion like addition?
That is controversial.
Do you believe that dedicated servers are stupid and aren't needed for any type of multi-player game?
That is controversial.

and in general this post, with it's sarcasm, seems to criticize complaints about games in general.

Now, I won't call him a troll because he and others fails to see how this joke can annoy some...
But my concerns have been stated. Try to execute your jokes in a more agreeable manner LOL a Boycott thread and group are no worse a troll than Valves behaviour in the announcement.

If anyone took it seriously they need a slap upside thier head.

Shane
03-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Mod action:

This is clearly a light hearted joke. I'll leave individuals to discern the quality of the humor, but PLEASE stop reporting it. Have a sense of humor and lighten up.

That said, cut down on some of the rude comments.

Tower6
03-05-2010, 09:08 PM
The games going to be a fail if hl2 episode 3 doesn't come out before it or with it, fail fail fail.

And they've scrapped the cake and replaced it with frosted donuts.

>X2<
03-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Mod action:

That said, cut down on some of the rude comments. Lighthearted Joke my ####, I'm deadly serious...

... about having a laugh.

noskap
03-05-2010, 11:49 PM

Edit by Shane:

Nope. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14)

Darth Postal
03-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Hostile_Rabbit,
Nice topic! Laughed my balls of. +Rep :)

the_grul
03-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Haven't they confirmed cake yet!!!!! Im in on this!

Patcher
03-06-2010, 02:01 AM
-snip- Just noticed it was a joke.

Flamov
03-06-2010, 02:25 AM

That made me chuckle out loud. +rep

Legosheep
03-06-2010, 02:27 AM
I'm really finding the idiots who think this is serious funnier!

nexthoudini
03-06-2010, 02:42 AM

You registered just to say that? You, sir, have no sense of humor.

Chezzy
03-06-2010, 02:54 AM
This thread is proof that if you give a thread a controversial enough title, people won't read the thread, they'll just respond.

nexthoudini
03-06-2010, 03:04 AM
YOU WILL STILL PLAY IT WHEN IT RELEASES YOU TROLL!! YOU ARE SURE ONE OF THESE !"#%/Ī THAT BOYCOTT L4D2! damn troll. got enough of you
:mad: that feelt gooood to say :D

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or managed to epically miss the point and even the bright orange point made below the point, but it got a chuckle either way.

kimr120
03-06-2010, 03:05 AM
I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or managed to epically miss the point and even the bright orange point made below the point, but it got a chuckle either way.
i read the thread to fast so i did not get it that it was a joke. that happens sometimes. :o

tombcatz
03-06-2010, 04:11 AM
will portal 2 have zombies?

Cprossu
03-06-2010, 04:14 AM
will portal 2 have zombies?

No, you're thinking of Left 4 GlaDOS

LooperNor
03-06-2010, 05:04 AM
This thread is so full of fail that it's making me lose all faith in humanity.

Also chuckled at the OP.
Good joke.

altercuca
03-06-2010, 06:53 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahaha, double failure. Do you have any sense of humour? HAHAHAhahaha

Okay, now I have to rep OP. This is just gaining so much momentum :D:D
DUDE, i know the OP is joking!!! Its just not funny! ok, just a trolling campaign to get his rep up!

Shadow_Man_PW
03-06-2010, 07:16 AM
I was laughing because you either missed the joke or got it and wrongly called him a troll. That and you definitely missed the "ironing" joke, which I find hilarious.

Parallel
03-06-2010, 07:16 AM
I'd love to show the people who don't get this thread some Monty Python. The blank stare followed my midirected outrage over ever single scene would crack me up so much.

Then i'd have to shoot them for trying to bycott Monty Python.

Nice one OP.

MADDOGGE
03-06-2010, 07:24 AM
will portal 2 have zombies?Yes it has been confirmed it will have both headcrab and L4D1/2 type zombies including SI in the game to avoid lawsuits over charges of zombie discrimination that have been leveled by the zombie community.;)

Ahhhhhh Monty Python yes. Must find my copy of the Holy Grail. "It's just a flesh wound".

Directx10
03-06-2010, 07:27 AM
HEy don't forget to add the point about people will quit playing portal 1 when portal2 comes out and it will split the communities.

MADDOGGE
03-06-2010, 07:30 AM
HEy don't forget to add the point about people will quit playing portal 1 when portal2 comes out and it will split the communities.Great point have some rep.

worse1
03-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Wow this guy is a total moran.

(let me clarify: i'm not serious of course lol)

General Frags
03-06-2010, 07:38 AM
lol wut? why is there a boycott thread? Portal 2 is going to awesome like Left 4 Dead 2 was.

MADDOGGE
03-06-2010, 07:44 AM
lol wut? why is there a boycott thread? Portal 2 is going to awesome like Left 4 Dead 2 was.I agree, I like L4D2. Did you know that Zoey is going to be in Portal 2. Rochell couldn't make it, but Zoey wasn't busy.

AguyinaRPG
03-06-2010, 07:46 AM
I think you stirred up more contreversy than the actual boycotters.

Redirect Left
03-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Get a life.

dallozdoppler
03-06-2010, 08:22 AM
there

Holy Toaster
03-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Wow, the OP is such a ♥♥♥♥. He must be one ungrateful prick if he thinks he can just boycott a game like this! Hellooooooooo! Portal 1's been out for years and your going to boycott this much deserved sequal!? Are you ♥♥♥♥ing stupid or something you dumbass prick? Honestly, this ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥♥♥ should go crawl back into his basement where he belongs! Who the ♥♥♥♥ unlocked the cage he was in? If anyone thinks that they're going to get away with throwing away away the key to that cage then they've got another thing coming to them! I'll ♥♥♥♥ing hunt down that mother♥♥♥♥er and rip out his throat with my BARE HANDS!

Just kidding, you got a hearty laugh out of me =P

Edracon
03-06-2010, 08:36 AM
wow.... this was the worst joke thread I have ever read. 1 star.

littlenick
03-06-2010, 09:03 AM
tbh, its pretty funny, at least given how serious the L4D2 boycott group seemed to be and with not much better reasons either.

I don't think they deserved a trip to Valve for putting such faith in pure conjecture and speculation, but that's for another rant in another and on topic thread, or other appropriate venting method I guess.

EDIT: Hey maybe you should get a trip to Valve! OP for paid Valve visitation!

backstepper
03-06-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm facepalming at this, actually. You obviously didn't get my joke.

I know this is a joke thread, I have a post on the first page :p
I don't want to set myself above others thats why i did this. Just to make sure i will run into an argument with someone without knowing every fact. Also i have to say i did not read every post and it was i think around 1 a.m. or a bit earlier and im not able to really recognize everything happening at a time like this.

Shadow_Man_PW
03-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Ahhhhhh Monty Python yes. Must find my copy of the Holy Grail. "It's just a flesh wound".

Very nice quote, I lolled :)

Rimo
03-06-2010, 12:26 PM
omg Valve:
Why cant we open the console in the coop lobby? :P

Denvarte
03-06-2010, 12:27 PM
I really hope cubie comes back

cubie! cubiecubiecubie CUBIE! cuuuuuuuuubaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

MADDOGGE
03-06-2010, 12:37 PM
I really hope cubie comes back

cubie! cubiecubiecubie CUBIE! cuuuuuuuuubaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!It needs the stalk, talk and kill companion cube from Gary's Mod! The exploding watermelon that makes more from it's pieces would be a good addition also I think!:D This game needs to be pushed back so all this good stuff can be added.;):cool:

Chapa9dj
03-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I cannot believe people is actually boycotting this. :eek:
I mean, really. STOP IT!!!

Well, i got some lolz from reading this thread anyway :D.

marciohuser
03-08-2010, 01:19 PM
That was very funny. Too bad people didn't catch it at first :p

Otis1017
03-08-2010, 01:24 PM
this thread is dumb and needs to be deleted

letsdigitUP
06-09-2010, 12:07 PM

Edit by Shane:

wth hell dude.

GannonSlayer143
06-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Why did you necro this?

Flying Ace
06-09-2010, 12:30 PM
boy cotters are noobs

GuruFunk
06-09-2010, 12:40 PM
wth hell dude.

Nice reading skills dude.

dstar2
06-09-2010, 02:21 PM

Valve has addressed your concerns! You can strike that one off the list!

blazur
06-09-2010, 02:27 PM
My only response to this thread is a 1-star rating.

GuruFunk
06-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Looks like some people don't recognize a joke even when it's posted in the OP.

J*Rod
06-09-2010, 03:36 PM

(and that's it)

1. Valve hasn't even presented it yet

2. They never said anything about another Box

3. DLC does NOT a game make

4. The only difference between the Mac and Windows versions is in your ♥♥♥♥ing head ( :o )

5. You didn't have any trouble with your own custom puzzles in Portal

6. Portal 1 sold better without them, I think Portal 2 can
PS. You seriously have a problem not watching them? :rolleyes:

7. Most dedicated servers only ♥♥♥♥ up the co-op experience with mods that pop up useless text on your tiny monitor and change gameplay for the worse

8. You need to go back to English class under the bridge :p

JamesCanHelp
06-09-2010, 05:05 PM
This is a joke, calm down everyone. Jeez

phenomenon579
06-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I started getting all pissed till I read the bottom XD

Edit: Lol "jarateed" insted of what I wanted to say :P

STEVENXO
06-10-2010, 08:06 AM
LOL @ people that didn't get the fact it was a joke.

tehzigster
06-10-2010, 08:17 AM
so obviously a joke, if you cant see that then you are lost

letsdigitUP
06-15-2010, 05:15 PM
plz add ps3 to the list.

Hostile_Rabbit
04-14-2011, 07:17 PM
portal 2 boycott UPDATE

- no fixed release date, rumors every where
- game has something to do with potatoes and not cake
- ps3 users get free pc copy wth
- no word on ep3

Disapproval
04-14-2011, 07:18 PM
portal 2 boycott UPDATE

- no word on ep3
And from the grave comes the ultimate troll.

Frugal
04-14-2011, 07:18 PM
The L4D2 boycott actually had real concerns and predictions that ultimately came true.

truckspond
04-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Nice necroposting... lock incoming!

Deadly_Target
04-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Quite a few people misusing the word "troll" in this thread...

SnowCanary
04-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Shane wins.

Hostile_Rabbit
04-14-2011, 07:29 PM
And from the grave comes the ultimate troll.

I think my concerns raise valid points.

pwn247
04-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Amazon/Gamestop/console pre-orderers griefing.

*insert image of crying baby here*

Ls777
04-14-2011, 07:41 PM
portal 2 boycott UPDATE

- no word on ep3

I was about to chastise you for your reckless necroposting, but then, i loled

davlyn_20
04-14-2011, 07:42 PM

Edit by Shane:

Trololololol, it stands for troll and lol

slimd1995
04-14-2011, 07:43 PM
go back under your bridge, troll.

I wish I had the 'There's a new trend on the internet: JOKES!' image on hand, but alas, I don't. Looks like I'll just have to explain it to you.

There's this thing called jokes. People on the internet like to make jokes, as it creates a humor filled environment between that user and other users.

'Trolling' is purposely trying to provoke a angry reaction from someone.

Get it right.

DuckOfDestiny
04-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Hey I'll join. Hopefully Valve will invite me to visit their studio to play some Portal 2 to show me how worthwhile of a sequel it is. :)

Ls777
04-14-2011, 07:49 PM
I wish I had the 'There's a new trend on the internet: JOKES!' image on hand, but alas, I don't. Looks like I'll just have to explain it to you.

There's this thing called jokes. People on the internet like to make jokes, as it creates a humor filled environment between that user and other users.

'Trolling' is purposely trying to provoke a angry reaction from someone.

Get it right.

awww dude, i love that image, pm me when you find mmmk because idk where i left mine

Hostile_Rabbit
05-06-2011, 01:17 PM
I officially declare this boycott a success and has raised the points I wanted.