PDA

View Full Version : can you save all your crew including kelly and get legion loyal?

as_kobilv
03-06-2010, 04:39 AM
i tried gettin legion loyal then go to the suiside mission but when i got there kelly died and half of the crew,
can kelly be saved? i imagine not doing the legion loyalty quest saves her, or is there an option to save kelly and get legion quest done b4 going to the suiside mission?

can i do loyalty quests after i finish the game?

Vonje
03-06-2010, 05:09 AM
I don't think the crew gets captured the moment you get Leigon. You might be able to rush and get him loyal before Kelly even gets kidnapped!

as_kobilv
03-06-2010, 05:13 AM
I don't think the crew gets captured the moment you get Leigon. You might be able to rush and get him loyal before Kelly even gets kidnapped!

the moment you can activate him and get his loyalty quest you cant browse the stars map it immidetly starts the kidnapping

tnt118
03-06-2010, 06:51 AM
I believe the way it is supposed to work is that you get room to do one more mission (in some cases, maybe even 2-3) after the IFF and before the kidnapping. In my two playthroughs, I've been able to do Legion's loyalty without any problems. There really isn't room to spare... you should have *everything* else you want to do done before IFF though.

It's worth noting that the time after IFF and before kidnapping is a variable, and it might be possible that through a bug it isn't giving you the room to do Legion's loyalty. Still, that is the way that it is supposed to work (EDI will at first give the message that it will take a short while to integrate the IFF in to the Normandy's systems).

Nekomancer
03-06-2010, 07:05 AM
After the kidnapping, you can still do Legion's Loyalty mission, but after that go straight to the Omega 4 Relay, without landing everywhere. That way you can save the crew and get Legion loyal.

as_kobilv
03-06-2010, 09:32 AM
After the kidnapping, you can still do Legion's Loyalty mission, but after that go straight to the Omega 4 Relay, without landing everywhere. That way you can save the crew and get Legion loyal.

i did that but still kelly died,
after the kidnapping i did legion mission and never landed anywhere,
but i did scanned alot of stars and talked to the whole crew.

Kailieann
03-06-2010, 10:58 AM
After the derelict reaper, you can do two loyalty missions before the crew is kidnapped. If the crew was kidnapped as soon as you activated Legion, you screwed something up.

as_kobilv
03-06-2010, 11:13 AM
i think i got it now
you can do legion loyalty quest as you guys said and still save all the crew but only if you talked to him twice and actually got the quest from him, i thought the game gives you time after the kidnapping to do the quest, if you do not have the quest in your log opening the map will initiate the kidnapping sequance.
thanks for all the replies and the help :)

blitze
03-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Yeap - hold off the derelict Reaper mission until you have all your crew on side and then focus on Legion when you do do the derelict Reaper mission. IFF installation is the kidnapping trigger and you want to have your crew ready for when it happens.

Now - who to allow to die at the end of the game???? Have to play that through a few times to work out who I prefer to keep.

as_kobilv
03-09-2010, 12:20 AM
i managed to keep all of them alive, including kelly and all the ship's crew,
the colonists (who were kidnapped earlier in the game) die no matter what you do.

Lawliet89
03-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Check the Great Endgame Experiment (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/871030).

as_kobilv
03-09-2010, 04:18 AM
i know this thread, its awesome

Unaki
03-09-2010, 09:36 AM
In order to save everyone, you have to get your entire crew to loyal.

Yes, this means the Legion/Tali and Miranda/Jack conflicts have to be done right. Also, instead of doing his mission, make another save and do Tali's loyalty with Legion in your party ;3

Kailieann
03-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Again, you can do two loyalty missions before the crew is kidnapped.
You only need a second save if you want to bring Legion when you recruit Tali.

zpr23
03-09-2010, 02:47 PM
i tried gettin legion loyal then go to the suiside mission but when i got there kelly died and half of the crew,
can kelly be saved? i imagine not doing the legion loyalty quest saves her, or is there an option to save kelly and get legion quest done b4 going to the suiside mission?

can i do loyalty quests after i finish the game?

Yes, very easily. Do every loyalty mission before you get Legion. Then, get Legion, immediately do his loyalty mission, go save Kelly and crew.

Critshot213
03-11-2010, 02:36 AM
Quoted from the Mass Effect 2 Wiki

IMPORTANT NOTE: It is strongly recommended to delay this mission until you have completed all character specific conversations, loyalty side missions, and combat-related ship upgrades, in order to ensure maximum survivability (your team and the entire Normandy crew), since you will most likely only be able to squeeze out one more mission (which should be Legion's loyalty mission) prior to making a choice to enter the Omega-4 relay.

* If you do not enter the relay immediately and continue to do other assignments, Kelly Chambers and all members of the crew will die in the Collector base and Doctor Chakwas will be the only survivor.
* If you do between 1 or 2 assignments after the Collector's attack, about half of the crew including Kelly and Gabby will die. However, Doctor Chakwas, Ken and some unnamed crewmen will survive.
* If you enter the relay immediately, only Lilith (a colonist from Horizon) will die instead. This holds true as long as you do no assignments after the Collector attack. (e.g. you said you will delay the final mission, but you do it right away anyways.)

GenericPlayer
03-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Ok I have saved everyone, recruited everyone and gotten everyone loyal countless times.

1. Do all the sidequests, recruiting and loyalty quests before the IFF, except for Tali's loyalty quest. I suggest skipping Tali's Loyalty quest for reasons to become clear later.

2. Do the IFF mission - activate legion. At this point I suggest you talk to him about upgrades as it will be your last chance for a while. His upgrade is a Widow SR that only he can use (or Shep if you picked that weapon on the collector ship).

3. Do Tali's loyalty quest - take legion with you for some interesting encounters - Legion is good at killing synthetics like Geth as well.

4. After Tali's quest is over, talk to legion before you do anything else (don't click on galaxy map!) and you will receive his loyalty quest.

5. Do Legion's Loyalty Quest - Resolve the Legion/Tali dispute that comes up if both are loyal.

6. Go click on Galaxy map - crew will get abducted.

7. Head for the O-4 relay.

If you want to have sex with Tali (ewww) make sure you talk to her immediately after the trial to trigger the dialogue - else you wont have time to build a relationship before the O-4 relay.

Europhoria
03-13-2010, 02:02 AM
ARRGHHHH! Half the crew still perished for me :mad:! Including Tali (tunnels) and Zaeed (fire team) :mad: in the same places that Legion and Thane died last time :mad:!! I feel like punching somebody :mad:!

GenericPlayer
03-13-2010, 04:48 AM
Did you do any missions after the crew was abducted? Or did you go straight for the O-4 relay?

Terin7
03-13-2010, 10:56 PM
ARRGHHHH! Half the crew still perished for me :mad:! Including Tali (tunnels) and Zaeed (fire team) :mad: in the same places that Legion and Thane died last time :mad:!! I feel like punching somebody :mad:!Zaeed is not a leadership character. He's a combat character. Use Garrus, Miranda, or Jacob (I think) instead.

CrimIam
03-14-2010, 12:22 AM
ARRGHHHH! Half the crew still perished for me :mad:! Including Tali (tunnels) and Zaeed (fire team) :mad: in the same places that Legion and Thane died last time :mad:!! I feel like punching somebody :mad:!

This is what I do and I've never lost anyone on normal.
Make sure all are loyal, doing miranda last so I have full paragon to settle the Miranda/jack, Tali/ Legion fights.
1) get legion(IFF mission)
2)Do Legions Loyalty mission and ONLY that. Tali and Legion will fight/ use paragon answer. If your renagade then side with Tali, then tell Legion you lied to Tali.
3)take the Omega Gate.

1)Tali = Vents.
2)Jacob = 1st Fire Team
3)Biotic = Samara
4)Miranda = 2ed Fire Team
5) Morton = Leads Crew back to Normandy
6)I take Tali and Thane to the Reaper. Everyone else defends our backs.

It's never failed. I never lost anyone.

edit: I do Zaeed's Loyalty mission 1st at the begining of the game. Before you get 1/4 paragon. This way you won't fail and don't have to worry about having enough at the end. This also makes Zaeed a much tougher fighter during the entire game.

Europhoria
03-14-2010, 03:36 AM
I done Legion's loyalty mission last and then went straight for the Omega4 Relay. I put Tali in the vents and she was shot closing the doors, just like Legion the last time I played. Zaeed was doing such a good job leading the fire team that I thought I'd give him a second crack at things because last time I lost Thane doing the same thing. Morton carked it last time out of the blue so I kept him out of harms way by letting him lead the survivors back to the ship. Still, I'll have to give it another go a little later.

OGFrostbite
03-20-2010, 05:41 AM
if you want kelly to stay alive, you have to go immediatly at the collectors base(after the crew is kidnapped)...then only a colonist will die