PDA

View Full Version : Patch plans for March?

Whiskeyleech
03-07-2010, 04:22 AM
So Rebellion, what are your patch plans for the month of march? What improvements should we be looking for in the next patch?

gabeo820
03-07-2010, 08:39 AM
I suggest: Crouching,Auto transition to have ON and OFF thing,Make discs have energy,Female skins. That is all I think

Sin Red
03-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I suggest: Crouching,Auto transition to have ON and OFF thing,Make discs have energy,Female skins. That is all I think

keep dreaming brethren...

Whiskeyleech
03-07-2010, 09:35 AM
well, other than beta testing dedicated servers I'd like to know if there is a reason why I should keep 15.1 gigs of this game installed on my system. I've read the player's wishlists but it would be nice to hear from a reb spokesperson what is planned for patches this week and the following weeks in march and/or later on.

I hope they don't think the work is done yet. really I do.

Ikibotclay
03-07-2010, 09:52 AM
I picked this list off of the SEGA forums (suggested by users). Nothing official. I like the list. Isn't the XP glitch exploit already fixed though?.

Known Bugs:

* - The xbox controller doesnt work in the multiplayer menu lobby. I cant select a class or the character unless i use a mouse.
* - Losing ranks when ingame and losing ur steamconnection.
* - Connecting to lobbies that are already in progress.
* - Voice quality/stuttering.

Expliots:

* - Autoaim on PC with xbox360 controller playing with keyboard/mouse.
* - XP Glitch during Campaign modes.

New Content:

* - Better server browser. Now we need to click 5 times to get into the serverbrowser.
* - Female marine multiplayer skin.
* - More maps (add Machine, Hive, Docks, Outpost).
* - Official Ranked dedicated servers.

mongis
03-07-2010, 10:19 AM
* - Better server browser. Now we need to click 5 times to get into the serverbrowser.

One basic thing I would like to see in the server browser are filters. So I can filter away passworded/empty/full servers. Filtering by gamemode should also be possible in the actual browser.

Crew
03-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Patch plans ? hmm Maybe one change :
Removed game because is short and too buggy for playing ^^

humberto
03-07-2010, 10:55 AM
add crouch, add map editor, add SDK

remove time limit that kills the predator in predator hunt game mode.

release real dedicated servers where people can PAY a third party hosting site to run it, as of now, its not possible.

Sin Red
03-07-2010, 10:57 AM
release real dedicated servers where people can PAY a third party hosting site to run it, as of now, its not possible.

well it's beta atm, so uh....duh?

humberto
03-07-2010, 10:58 AM
well it's beta atm, so uh....duh?

it should have been beta BEFORE it got released retail...

duh.

MGHZ
03-07-2010, 11:07 AM
i hope rebellion release soon a patch for dedicated/ranked server, alien controls and pc hardware issue

Whiskeyleech
03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
I wonder if the framerate drops will get fixed while in the menu screen(s.)

BOT00001
03-07-2010, 06:10 PM
So when is the game gonna get out of beta and go gold?

JUSTiNHELL
03-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Werent they suposed to release a map each week after release?...

deadparrot
03-07-2010, 09:21 PM

they were also suppose to release the game with servers, don't hold your breath :)

humberto
03-08-2010, 12:31 AM

they will get released when you PAY for them

Whiskeyleech
03-08-2010, 05:13 AM
Maybe we'll hear from a reb P.R. rep or a Dev today.

JUSTiNHELL
03-08-2010, 05:44 AM
they will get released when you PAY for them

They didnt mention any paying, they said they wuld be release one each week after release, but yeah, they also said dedis were coming and you know where that was going... better luck next time.

AMC_Duke
03-08-2010, 06:36 AM
This Game will be fine after the 3rd DLC like borderlands. Borderlands was so broken on release the wohle online play was ♥♥♥♥ed and after the 2nd DLC it become realy good the last patch for dlc 3 was realy great.

so after spend some more 20 bucks on this game could fix it

Whiskeyleech
03-08-2010, 06:54 AM
This Game will be fine after the 3rd DLC like borderlands. Borderlands was so broken on release the wohle online play was ♥♥♥♥ed and after the 2nd DLC it become realy good the last patch for dlc 3 was realy great.

so after spend some more 20 bucks on this game could fix it

The only real problems with Borderlands on release was people not knowing how to forward the correct ports and using gamespy. Most people 'in the know' use(d) gameranger or tunngle instead of gamespy. The general gameplay was fine.

DeathMarine
03-08-2010, 07:36 AM
I've had 0 bugs with the game but I also have a PC I just built a month ago with high end specs so reading about all the bug complaints its clear they didn't bother testing on lower end machines and should probably base their testing for patch bug fixes on those and then work up to other strange common issues like my one friend had with the no sound in game. I doubt anything other than that is going to come in the next patch except maybe some really basic balance changes like damage or something else small they can change with number values. They're pretty satisfied with their engine and game play mechanics and made it clear in interviews that they have no intention of having crouch or other aspects that would require more than changing a couple number values. But hey maybe they (unlike most game developers) actually listen to their community...*imagines such a world*

Disabled Option
03-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Option to disable Stealth kills.

Don't tell me they are a part of the game or that they are counterable.
We have lag in this game + the grab has a ♥♥♥♥ing homing ability, it's impossible to know, when someone is going to attack you.

Unless you see him circling around you.You try to hit him, you do, BUT HE THEN STILL MAGICALLY KILLS YOU.

-disc needs energy
-ranked dedicated servers
-less clumsy server browser
-time limit removal option for Predator Hunt.

BlackRabbit999
03-08-2010, 07:56 AM
I suggest: Crouching

add crouch, add map editor, add SDK

These two actually made me chuckle...

Add crouch? you DO realise that it is not something that takes only a month of work? Trust me crouch is an incredibly complex feature to implement especially with so many variables AvP offers, plus, can you imagine the quantity of animations needed?

Also.... we do NOT need crouch... learn to play without it.. yes..?

Add map editor?

This also sent me hysterical... do you think editors like the Unrealed (for example) are made in 1 day accessible and user friendly? These guys just created this engine, is a miracle it runs as well as it does, before we can actually have a proper user friendly editor I would say over a year at most optimistic.

Old King
03-08-2010, 10:15 AM
they need to seriously nerf the predator it outclasses the other two races in every way, and this is coming from someone who uses pred

scarh791
03-08-2010, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath, I'm fairly certain Rebellion has all but given up on this one.

Vladplaya
03-08-2010, 10:33 AM

Add crouch? you DO realise that it is not something that takes only a month of work? Trust me crouch is an incredibly complex feature to implement especially with so many variables AvP offers, plus, can you imagine the quantity of animations needed?

Add map editor?

This also sent me hysterical... do you think editors like the Unrealed (for example) are made in 1 day accessible and user friendly? These guys just created this engine, is a miracle it runs as well as it does, before we can actually have a proper user friendly editor I would say over a year at most optimistic.

In most modern games animations of body parts work independently from each other, if AvP engine is near as advanced all they have to do is just add crouching animation for the legs, and keep other animations for torso, arms and the head. Basically they will have to add leg animation, and then animation of player going from crouch to standing position for the stealth, trophy kill.

Plus they already got, standing and crouching for Aliens, with all animations. All they have to do is just allow Aliens to stand up and move around outside the combat.

I don't think AvP needs crouching, but I also don't think the game will change much if crouching will be implemented. I just think that people will release that they would be better off not using crouching in the long run.

Got to agree with the editor part though. Editor is complicated software similar to photoshop or 3D max, and it takes a lot of time and effort to make a decent editor.

maniac_e
03-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I want an editor really who can be making the best maps through them together and bring it out as DLC for free!
Support your fanbase Rebellion!

Whiskeyleech
03-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Will rebellion be talking about this when joe asks his questions?

CrawlingChaos
03-08-2010, 04:51 PM

Add map editor?

I just want to say a couple things about crouch...

A) It would be nice to be able to crouch, and recieve a small decrease to bullet-spread while doing so. ( muzzle flash and mere hectic movements of target would keep t from being "op'ed")

B) Second, and most importantly... I'd like to be able to shoot at something, and not have the freak behind me shooting me in the head.. all the time.. never fails.. Will be standing in 1 spot, shoot at something and some guy behind me shoots me in the back.

As far as fixes, i doubt i can add anything new. My main concern is of course multiplayer/connection issues, as i bought this title soley with the MP portion in mind.

Kurakkon
03-08-2010, 05:43 PM

Crouch is already in the game, along with animations for at least the Marine and i'd suspect Predator models.

See combat androids in the SP campaigns for all the extra info you need.

Also...we do NOT need jump...learn to play without it...yes...? Thats what you might be hearing of the next AVP game if you're happy for Rebellion to rip core FPS controls out of their games. Take manual reload out and add auto-reload in too? I mean, why put players through the hassle of pressing a button to reload? Right?

Dangerous path, my friend.

Whiskeyleech
03-09-2010, 05:07 AM
any word on when the next patch is planned yet?

ightenhill
03-09-2010, 05:54 AM
I would be happy if they even hinted at what they have planned for the dedi servers and what options will be available.. The longer nothing happens the more Im starting to think the plans are just to remove the word beta and leave them as they are!!

Whiskeyleech
03-10-2010, 04:53 AM
hi. me again. I was wondering if there are plans in this month's patch to make the marine target reticle more visible when users get their lead farm on. When I get my lead farm going I find I'm trying to target and search for my reticle more than I'm focusing on the determined target to be shredded. Seems like it's hindering game play. The marine target reticle may work fine in the SP because it is more liner but it needs some tweaking for MP. Maybe a simple color change option would do?

/edit
Will the march patch include a fix so that when a user plays a marine in MP s/he doesn't spawn with his flashlight on? I think that is kinda silly and a death warrant to a watchful eye.

Whiskeyleech
03-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Any news on when we might see some patch notes or a possible patch release date?
I'm not the only one curious, I'm sure.

Destructor
03-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Crouch is already in the game, along with animations for at least the Marine and i'd suspect Predator models.

See combat androids in the SP campaigns for all the extra info you need.

The fact that they can get AI to crouch, doesn't mean that it's trivial to add crouching for players. Because the AI aren't player controlled, they can guarantee that they won't crouch in awkward positions (close to geometry), or uncrouch in tight spots, crouch walk along walls, etc.

Also, because single-player isn't networked, they don't need to deal with replication of crouch-state across the network, edge cases caused by lag or order of receiving packets, etc.

Whiskeyleech
03-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Will a patch be released with the (lol) DLC?

sege
03-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I would be happy if they even hinted at what they have planned for the dedi servers and what options will be available.. The longer nothing happens the more Im starting to think the plans are just to remove the word beta and leave them as they are!!

Yeah, how can they be talking about chargin people for DLC when the dedicated servers are still in beta?! I have a terrible feeling that things like online lag etc are never going to be addressed. :(

Whiskeyleech
03-13-2010, 08:08 AM
If the devs are going to shy away from communication to it's players via forums perhaps they can just use the steam client to throw a dog a bone.

There's an Idea.

gobbybobby
03-13-2010, 11:49 AM
I want umm... nothing changed! I think the game is great the way it is now. amap maker would be nice but I don't really need it now. it is incredible the way 3 different species with 3 different control scheme and animations works so well. stop complaining about what's not good and look at what is good!

Whiskeyleech
03-13-2010, 11:59 AM
I want umm... nothing changed! I think the game is great the way it is now. amap maker would be nice but I don't really need it now. it is incredible the way 3 different species with 3 different control scheme and animations works so well. stop complaining about what's not good and look at what is good!
Which Console should I buy? 360 or ps3?

Maybe a Dev will pop in and post a sticky with patch notes before the scheduled downtime.

Germfungus
03-13-2010, 02:45 PM
any word on when the next patch is planned yet?

Their silence is deafening. :(

Epic Vs Failure
03-13-2010, 11:11 PM
march is almost over, and so is this game

Iron-Mike
03-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Yea...I wouldn't be surprised if there are no more patch's coming. From the way Rebellion has handled this game so far.

gobbybobby
03-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Which Console should I buy? 360 or ps3?

Maybe a Dev will pop in and post a sticky with patch notes before the scheduled downtime.

I have it on pc. is the console version better or something.

Graywind
03-14-2010, 01:25 AM
I have a terrible feeling that things like online lag etc are never going to be addressed. :(

They never where in AVP2. You just lived with it.

terror of nl
03-14-2010, 03:34 AM
why are people still whining abour crouching you dont need it there arent any vents to get in as marine or something like that

Whiskeyleech
03-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Don't relax just yet marines.

Maybe a VALVE/Steam person could get us some info on the future plans/patches for AvP3. I mean, why even have a link to this site on the disk install splash screen? Is it just to get us here thinking you can maybe get another customer?

It's sad that you endorse this title and there is NO communication going on.

-thanks for reading.

(Fratt)Behemoth
03-14-2010, 08:08 AM
plz plz plz plz

Fix the pred hunt, it's the worse game mode right now. Set options for no respawn and no motion tracker for marines and it could be awesome.

byblo
03-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Fix the pred hunt, it's the worse game mode right now. Set options for no respawn and no motion tracker for marines and it could be awesome.Gimme a hug :D

Apheirox
03-14-2010, 11:36 AM
We NEED a patch to fix the major technical issues with the game BEFORE it dies. Please!

Epic Vs Failure
03-14-2010, 11:53 AM
We NEED a patch to fix the major technical issues with the game BEFORE it dies. Please!

the game has died.

skacikplz
03-14-2010, 12:37 PM
So when is the game gonna get out of beta and go gold?

sorry , we're still in alpha i guess

Whiskeyleech
03-15-2010, 01:27 AM
It's the 15th of March, 2010. just checking in to see if there is any news on the incoming patch.

RA_Fox
03-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Ranked dedicated should be a priority, we really need em.

Bonuses could be - female skins, they are in the game so why not let people use them? It's discriminating in a way.

Balance changes - that's a hard topic, crouching could be useful for a marine and predator.
I would like to see a predator pounce on aliens who are on the ceiling (not too far of course, same range as on ground, maybe less).
Alien wall/ceiling tail should be changed in some way, it's way too overpowered at the moment and playing alien sometimes becomes boring because of the fact you have to use it, otherwise you're weaker. It has to be either blockable by marine or if there's a crouch it should be dodgable.

Only thing I really want are a lot more maps and more skins including female ones. Balance is balance, I usually try to adapt so I'm not really whining about it.

AFireEternal
03-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Ranked dedicated should be a priority, we really need em.

Balance is balance, I usually try to adapt so I'm not really whining about it.

Exactly. Ranked dedis would REALLY help this game out. There are some balance issues, but like you said, they are adaptable. Mostly it's the melee system and lag together that makes the game feel unbalanced at times, to me.

TonyTheTiger
03-15-2010, 03:45 AM
rofl still no patch. Every day that goes by, more of the community leaves/gives up hope/ switches to bad company 2.

deadparrot
03-15-2010, 06:07 PM
why are people still whining abour crouching you dont need it there arent any vents to get in as marine or something like that

Crouching would allow marines to duck out of tail spam. Crouching would allow marines to tactically set up positions in areas with cover (like crates). It's not really needed if all you do is playing death match in pyramid but it would be useful in other maps and gameplay modes.

Vladplaya
03-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I would like to see a predator pounce on aliens who are on the ceiling (not too far of course, same range as on ground, maybe less).

Because spear, shoulder cannon, disc and the fact that Predator can make two mistakes in melee is just not enough?

Back to the OP, I would love to know what they really doing right now, this lack of communications, does suck indeed.

Moonstrider25
03-15-2010, 06:32 PM
I agree, is there a reason this game is still installed on my pc? each day I am closer to removing it. wasted 50 Euros, and you know, that is my own fault for getting (mis)led by all the awesome advertising this game had. but the least we can expect is some form of support or service, I've had games that had a worse reputation than this that still had good support that actually made them rather enjoyable to play, but with this game I'm starting to get the feeling Rebellion is ready to throw it into the bin, or is that a bit too paranoid of me to think that?

Epic Vs Failure
03-15-2010, 07:01 PM
game support is dead. Time to move on

AFireEternal
03-15-2010, 07:35 PM
game support is dead. Time to move on

:rolleyes:

TonyTheTiger
03-16-2010, 02:57 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this developer never patched it and kept doing DLC.

The 1st one was a hint on how they work

AMC_Duke
03-16-2010, 04:19 AM
Rebellion talked alot to the comunnity before release but now they got there money and make a sequel and charge you another 50 bucks with fixes the problems you got with this avp

and Sega is like the bank of nikolai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N21JrXCAKLg

Dr Manhattan
03-16-2010, 12:04 PM
WTF

STILL no patch......

Cmon Rebellion. You can waiver your rights to work a maximum 48 hours a week you know and work more hours!! Get your arses in gear please.

Destructor
03-16-2010, 12:22 PM
WTF

STILL no patch......

Cmon Rebellion. You can waiver your rights to work a maximum 48 hours a week you know and work more hours!! Get your arses in gear please.

Amount of work done does not scale linearly with hours worked.
In fact, working long hours is actually counterproductive, unless it's for a very short period of time.

To be honest, I think it takes quite a sense of entitlement to expect people to work long hours just so you won't be minorly inconvenienced.

Dr Manhattan
03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Amount of work done does not scale linearly with hours worked.
In fact, working long hours is actually counterproductive, unless it's for a very short period of time.

To be honest, I think it takes quite a sense of entitlement to expect people to work long hours just so you won't be minorly inconvenienced.

I think I, and all of us earned that 'right of entitlement' when we paid good hard earned money for a game that was pretty darn beta.

And working long hours is NOT counterproductive - you get more done end of. You only need 4-6 hours sleep to be properly rested. Also, it was pretty darned obvious that I was exaggerating my point that there still wasn't a patch not even an anouncement of a patch. Which is pretty poor imo.

I simply wanted to bump the thread title so people at Rebellion wud see it. Yes, they do read Steam forums.

Destructor
03-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I think I, and all of us earned that 'right of entitlement' when we paid good hard earned money for a game that was pretty darn beta.

If buying a game that had a few bugs on release is the most stressful thing that's happened in your life recently, then your life is pretty easy to be honest.

And working long hours is NOT counterproductive - you get more done end of.

In the short term (a couple of weeks at most), this is true.

After this point productivity drops very quickly, and it doesn't take very long to get to the point where you would have got more work done if you'd not crunched at all.

Here's a link if you're interested
http://www.igda.org/why-crunch-modes-doesnt-work-six-lessons

There's a very good reason why working 9-5, 5 days a week, is the standard. It's because research has repeatedly shown it to be the best in terms of worker efficiency.

Human beings are not machines, they get tired. Tired workers make mistakes, this is an especially big problem when your tired worker is writing computer code.

Dr Manhattan
03-16-2010, 12:59 PM
If buying a game that had a few bugs on release is the most stressful thing that's happened in your life recently, then your life is pretty easy to be honest.

In the short term (a couple of weeks at most), this is true.

After this point productivity drops very quickly, and it doesn't take very long to get to the point where you would have got more work done if you'd not crunched at all.

Here's a link if you're interested
http://www.igda.org/why-crunch-modes-doesnt-work-six-lessons

There's a very good reason why working 9-5, 5 days a week, is the standard. It's because research has repeatedly shown it to be the best in terms of worker efficiency.

Human beings are not machines, they get tired. Tired workers make mistakes, this is an especially big problem when your tired worker is writing computer code.

Let's not get off topic please. I'm not interested in having sociological debate with you tbph. I did enough of that at university.

And please don't theorise on my life tyvm - I was merely expressing my disappointment at the lack of substantial patches or even announcements! If you're happy with the game as is - then go play it. Why just try to pick holes in ppl's comments?

Destructor
03-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Let's not get off topic please. I'm not interested in having sociological debate with you tbph. I did enough of that at university.

And please don't theorise on my life tyvm - I was merely expressing my disappointment at the lack of substantial patches or even announcements! If you're happy with the game as is - then go play it. Why just try to pick holes in ppl's comments?

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit snappy with you, it's just as someone that works in the industry myself I have a lot of sympathy for other developers.

It's more than a bit irritating to see people saying that developers should put in insane hours, just so they won't be mildly inconvenienced, and how patch for x issue must come out now! *stamps feet*. It's essentially saying that these people should hardly see their wives and kids, just so someone can have a patch to a computer game a couple of days earlier.

I guarantee you, the people that would be putting in extra hours (assuming they're not already, which is a big assumption), will not be the ones that are responsible for any quality issues that this title may have.

Patches to big online games like this also take a long time to go through the QA process. If they released patches as often as some people would like, then the game would be a ridiculously unstable mess.

Whiskeyleech
03-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Patches to big online games like this also take a long time to go through the QA process. If they released patches as often as some people would like, then the game would be a ridiculously unstable mess.

I have to bust out in a guffaw at that, because almost every patch put out known to PC gaming, breaks something else. Sometimes fixed within the hour(s), sometimes weeks..

CrawlingChaos
03-16-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm sorry if I'm being a bit snappy with you, it's just as someone that works in the industry myself I have a lot of sympathy for other developers.

It's more than a bit irritating to see people saying that developers should put in insane hours, just so they won't be mildly inconvenienced, and how patch for x issue must come out now! *stamps feet*. It's essentially saying that these people should hardly see their wives and kids, just so someone can have a patch to a computer game a couple of days earlier.

I guarantee you, the people that would be putting in extra hours (assuming they're not already, which is a big assumption), will not be the ones that are responsible for any quality issues that this title may have.

Great story. I liked the part about how everyone on the internet is a software engineer/IT specialist ; And knows exactly what Reb/Sega are doing...

Meanwhile, at the Bat-Cave ; People want to hear something that doesn't involve me giving Sega more money.... I could list those things, but with soo many other people already beating a dead-horse there's no sticks laying around to use.

Whiskeyleech
03-16-2010, 01:33 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=320431

Here you go. I was figuring they'd drop something before the DLC release. pretty bland I might add.

not to mention...
"Console patch information"

Destructor
03-16-2010, 01:33 PM
I have to bust out in a guffaw at that, because almost every patch put out known to PC gaming, breaks something else. Sometimes fixed within the hour(s), sometimes weeks..

This is true, but it would be a hell of a lot worse if not for the lengthy QA process that patches generally have to go through. The fact that bugs STILL slip through this process is testament to how difficult it is to add new features to a multiplayer online title without breaking things, and also how difficult it is to find all of the bugs in a complex software product.

Great story. I liked the part about how everyone on the internet is a software engineer/IT specialist ; And knows exactly what Reb/Sega are doing...

Meanwhile, at the Bat-Cave ; People want to hear something that doesn't involve me giving Sega more money.... I could list those things, but with soo many other people already beating a dead-horse there's no sticks laying around to use.

Yeah, fair point.

AFireEternal
03-16-2010, 01:37 PM

Here you go. I was figuring they'd drop something before the DLC release. pretty bland I might add.

not to mention...

FINALLY. At least they said SOMETHING.

Although:

Xbox Live players will see the removal of long waiting times reported by some players when searching for a ranked match

That's pretty laughable, considering the exact same issue exists for PC and is killing the ranked aspect of the game, but they mention it for Xbox.

They did say the PC patch is going through QA and should be out "very soon," so that's hopeful at least.

Whiskeyleech
03-16-2010, 01:38 PM
This is true, but it would be a hell of a lot worse if not for the lengthy QA process that patches generally have to go through. The fact that bugs STILL slip through this process is testament to how difficult it is to add new features to a multiplayer online title without breaking things, and also how difficult it is to find all of the bugs in a complex software product.

These are things the average consumer needs to worry about?

Dr Manhattan
03-16-2010, 01:38 PM

I'm not bothered about your snappiness but it's not like it's the second day after the most recent patch? It several weeks on and as many have pointed out, we've heard nothing other than 'can we have some more money pls?'

Kurakkon
03-16-2010, 01:43 PM

not to mention...

Just...wow...

Taken from that link...

"Following updates to the PC, including integration of a Dedicated Server client..."

WTF are they playing at? First off, it's a ♥♥♥♥ing BETA of the deds and secondly, what updates? A couple of patches so minor that you may as well have not bothered putting patch notes out.

What a ♥♥♥♥ing bunch of jokers.

Whiskeyleech
03-16-2010, 01:48 PM
There are a few PC gamers who will see it for what it is. the rest will take it as a good faith down-payment and hand over their cash for the DLC.

Tyneside
03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
AVP galaxy just posted a brief article saying a new patch is almost ready for release. Please see the following links -

- http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/03/16/newest-avp-patch-announced/
- http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=320431

can't find any release notes yet though.

AFireEternal
03-16-2010, 03:59 PM
AVP galaxy just posted a brief article saying a new patch is almost ready for release. Please see the following links -

- http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/03/16/newest-avp-patch-announced/
- http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=320431

can't find any release notes yet though.

This was already posted several times, and in fact quoted two posts above yours. They really don't say anything about what is in the patch, though, nor when it will be released other than "very soon", which could mean a week or more really.

Tyneside
03-16-2010, 04:22 PM
This was already posted several times, and in fact quoted two posts above yours. They really don't say anything about what is in the patch, though, nor when it will be released other than "very soon", which could mean a week or more really.

Sorry about the repeat posting from me there, first time user so my post was a delayed listing while my accont was approved by steam. Fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later though for this patch, maybe we will be lucky and it will arrive along with the new DLC.

Whiskeyleech
03-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later though for this patch, maybe we will be lucky and it will arrive along with the new DLC.
Are you speaking about the patch for the PC gamers or the Console gamers.

Tyneside
03-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Are you speaking about the patch for the PC gamers or the Console gamers.

I was talking about the PC patch :)

Paddles
03-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Patch needs:

Just My Thought of a decent patch.

Fix Predator being Over Powered against both Marine and Alien Class (Make 1 class better than Predator preferably Alien)
Fix Stutering Issue with High Textures in Single Player (It's not as bad as it used to be but it is still there)
Fix Voices ingame
Fix Dedicated Servers
Fix Ranked Matches (Add Dedicated Servers & get the community back into Ranked Matching).
Fix Match Making system and Lobby Search times.
Add Server Browser
Add Customizable Skins
Fix Alien being able to be Stumbled so easily
Add Taunting as a Marine and Predator
Add Flare Enable & Flare Disable options to Multiplayer game modes (A Must Have for Survivor atleast)
Add Flare drop packs in certain game modes (So they can't be pointlessly spammed and so you only have a limited supply)
Add some of the Predators old weaponary ( E.g Netgun to Single Player)
Add ability to knock Predators mask off make his aiming worse and vision modes disabled (Single and Multiplayer).
Add Old Predator Vision (Blood Red) after his mask gets knocked off.
Add ablity to remove Predator Mask by button push (In Single Player)
Make Predators Taunting copy sort of what Marine says but in Predators voice also custom taunts from Predator himself like in the movie.
Last but not least one of Marines taunts should be Quote "You're one ugly mother F*!$er" just cause it was one of the best things from the movie

Shagg
03-16-2010, 11:19 PM
it should have been beta BEFORE it got released retail...

duh.

Game is slowly dying, imho.

iXenomorph
03-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Hello. I am a Rebellion representative. The following are patch notes for March.

- Tweaked Alien Auto Transition to be more user friendly.
- Reduced damage of Predator melee attacks slightly.
- Smart Disc now uses 2 bars of energy when thrown.
- Added a .03 second hesitation in movement speed after Predators fire their weapons. Additionally, Predators now have a chance to be knocked to the ground on an unsuccessful firing of any weapon.
- Added female marine skins. However, female marine skins are identical to male skins, because of hitbox-balance issues.
- Added nude female marine skins. These are only accessible in ranked Survival matches.
- Added 4 new maps, Mercy Hospital, Dead Air, Hard Rain, and Dark Carnival. Maps are only available to customers who purchased both Hunter Edition and bought DLC. This is to further diversify the multiplayer community.
- Added new weapon sounds. Pulse Rifle rounds now play a "toot" sound instead of the traditional firing sound.
- Dedicated servers are now online! However, due to hardware limitations, dedicated servers may only host matches lasting no longer than three minutes, with a max playercount of 2.
- Lightsabers now usable by marines. This was implemented because of the frequent complaints that Marines were "left out" of melee combat.
- A full refund to all customers. The game is now free. Plus, a $50 giftcard applicable to any Steam purchase. We felt that we had wasted enough customers' time with our bull♥♥♥♥.

/sarcasm

Paddles
03-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Hello. I am a Rebellion representative. The following are patch notes for March.

- Tweaked Alien Auto Transition to be more user friendly.
- Reduced damage of Predator melee attacks slightly.
- Smart Disc now uses 2 bars of energy when thrown.
- Added a .03 second hesitation in movement speed after Predators fire their weapons. Additionally, Predators now have a chance to be knocked to the ground on an unsuccessful firing of any weapon.
- Added female marine skins. However, female marine skins are identical to male skins, because of hitbox-balance issues.
- Added nude female marine skins. These are only accessible in ranked Survival matches.
- Added 4 new maps, Mercy Hospital, Dead Air, Hard Rain, and Dark Carnival. Maps are only available to customers who purchased both Hunter Edition and bought DLC. This is to further diversify the multiplayer community.
- Added new weapon sounds. Pulse Rifle rounds now play a "toot" sound instead of the traditional firing sound.
- Dedicated servers are now online! However, due to hardware limitations, dedicated servers may only host matches lasting no longer than three minutes, with a max playercount of 2.
- Lightsabers now usable by marines. This was implemented because of the frequent complaints that Marines were "left out" of melee combat.
- A full refund to all customers. The game is now free. Plus, a $50 giftcard applicable to any Steam purchase. We felt that we had wasted enough customers' time with our bull♥♥♥♥.

/sarcasm

Hell i'm just gonna admit it.

I'm gonna start buying games from you more often you make it sound more interesting than the gamer companies.

niclwoo
03-17-2010, 06:07 AM

agree with female skins and disc have en but the crouching what is that going to do exactly

CrawlingChaos
03-17-2010, 06:37 AM
agree with female skins and disc have en but the crouching what is that going to do exactly

Crouch keeps the guy behind me from shooting me in the back of the head.

Would also be nice to have a slight decrease to bullet-spread, while crouched. Or be able to hide from preds abit, crouching behind something.

It has uses.

ightenhill
03-17-2010, 07:21 AM
Unless Im reading those patch notes wrongly , they basically have nothing to do with the PC version..

Esta
03-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Patch needs:

Just My Thought of a decent patch.

Fix Predator being Over Powered against both Marine and Alien Class (Make 1 class better than Predator preferably Alien)
Fix Stutering Issue with High Textures in Single Player (It's not as bad as it used to be but it is still there)
Fix Voices ingame
Fix Dedicated Servers
Fix Ranked Matches (Add Dedicated Servers & get the community back into Ranked Matching).
Fix Match Making system and Lobby Search times.
Add Server Browser
Add Customizable Skins
Fix Alien being able to be Stumbled so easily
Add Taunting as a Marine and Predator
Add Flare Enable & Flare Disable options to Multiplayer game modes (A Must Have for Survivor atleast)
Add Flare drop packs in certain game modes (So they can't be pointlessly spammed and so you only have a limited supply)
Add some of the Predators old weaponary ( E.g Netgun to Single Player)
Add ability to knock Predators mask off make his aiming worse and vision modes disabled (Single and Multiplayer).
Add Old Predator Vision (Blood Red) after his mask gets knocked off.
Add ablity to remove Predator Mask by button push (In Single Player)
Make Predators Taunting copy sort of what Marine says but in Predators voice also custom taunts from Predator himself like in the movie.
Last but not least one of Marines taunts should be Quote "You're one ugly mother F*!$er" just cause it was one of the best things from the movie

I love your taunt ideas. If only, if only.

AFireEternal
03-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Unless Im reading those patch notes wrongly , they basically have nothing to do with the PC version..

What patch notes...? :confused:

19killer
03-17-2010, 09:52 AM

Enough with "I want crouching." It's not needed!! This ain't the kind of game where you shoot from cover. Damn already.
---------------
And on a side note, I have no problems killing predators. If you whine about them being overpowered, you suck. Or, 2 or more predators are working in tandem and you are not. Go watch the movies again. Those predators are badasses!

chris5044
03-17-2010, 10:38 AM
How about the ability to swap teams / change species while in a game? ...

depending on the game??

like they have in left for dead? .. maybe an option when joining a game in progress to have an option to choose your race and skin?

as it throws u in as a marine as default!??!

have the rank xp moved into general dedicated server area and removing the old rank based system of connecting separately.

.. there are more look at other people's posts:cool:

terror of nl
03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
How about the ability to swap teams / change species while in a game? ...

depending on the game??

like they have in left for dead? .. maybe an option when joining a game in progress to have an option to choose your race and skin?

as it throws u in as a marine as default!??!

have the rank xp moved into general dedicated server area and removing the old rank based system of connecting separately.

.. there are more look at other people's posts:cool:

if they add change speicies then people will go to wininng team

AFireEternal
03-17-2010, 12:32 PM
if they add change speicies then people will go to wininng team

All they need to add is the option to change species in the lobby (ranked matches). And add some sort of auto-balance as well. I've had many matches where it was even teams and then some idiot joined the other team and unbalanced it (in unranked matches)