PDA

View Full Version : Gossamer's Bad Company 2 Launcher

gossamer
03-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Gossamer's Bad Company 2 Launcher
Version 1.3 Final

Screenshot: http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/downloads/1/24/23607/thumb_620x2000/launcher.png

This tool is meant for players to be able to modify settings that are not changeable from the In-Game settings menu. These are normally found in the settings.ini file in your MyDocumentsBFBC2.

What this application does is load all your settings in and allows you to change them all, save them directly back to the settings.ini file then directly launch your game.

Features:
+ Directly Launch Bad Company 2
+ Change Every Single Graphics Option (Including Direct X Level, Field of View, Shadows Detail, etc)
+ Clean GUI-based application for easy navigation
+ Works with Steam, Retail, Direct 2 Drive copies and more
+ Many more features!

This is the first launcher built for Bad Company 2, enjoy!

PS: I have tested this with 3 Steam-Based users and 2 Retail user (Online Activation Method)

NOTE: Requires .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en) for proper functionality!

DOWNLOAD! (http://www.moddb.com/mods/gossamers-launcher/downloads/version-13)

+++CHANGELOG+++

------
- Fixed connection port sometimes crashing the launcher
- Added Links to File Planet and The Game Wardens (Shameless Advertising anybody?)
- Added a warning label above the connection port entry
- Render Ahead Limit is now a drop selection instead of text input to prevent invalid entries
- Preset Quality auto selects Custom if settings are changed (was broken in 1.2a)
- DirectX 9 is limited to 1x Anti-Alising (was broken in 1.2a)
- Minor re-organization of the "Graphics Settings" Area
- Fixed an issue where the launcher would not save settings sometimes

1.2a
------
- Reorganized layout to better suit lower resolutions
- Launch button works again

------
- Added a connection port option
- Reorganized the layout
- Fixed a few rare crashes
- Changed the donate link to the proper site
- Changed the header logo
- Improved the read/write code for better stability

------
- Graphics drop down boxes' sizes increased so the setting "medium" is not cut off
- HSAO has been corrected and is now written as HBAO
- If the user has DX 9 on, Anti-Ailiasing is set to 1x and the slider is disabled
- Removed DXVersion "AUTO" setting. Users have to specify their DX Version (defaults to Dx9)
- Added in all three preset qualities
- If a user changes a setting from a preset quality, it will automatically set it to "custom" so the customized settings work
- Added in Render Ahead Limit under "General Settings"
- Fixed Read/Write for the settings.ini file not closing properly, ending in crashes
- Added in a check to ensure the user has a settings.ini file (They have ran the game once)
- Added a button that links to Rulesy's FOV Calculator

+++README+++

You will need an archiver program capable of opening up .RAR files in order to extract the program. Once you have the program extracted, proceed to run it.

Since it is your first time running the Launcher, it will ask you to point the launcher to where Bad Company 2 is installed. There are three check boxes at the top, Retail (CD Activation), Steam and Retail (Online Activation). Once you determine what version of bad company 2 you are running, select the appropriate check box and click the browse button and select the EXE file that matches the example located above your browse button.

After selecting the file, proceed to save your settings. Then close the launcher options box. You will now be presented by the main interface where you can change all the settings.

Once you have changed your settings accordingly, click the "Save Settings" button at the bottom center. Then click "Launch Bad Company 2" button and the game should launch.

Pyromenace
03-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Probably a stupid question: Is this going against the EULA or anything? Would like to here from EA/Dice before using it because it modifies .ini files

gossamer
03-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Probably a stupid question: Is this going against the EULA or anything? Would like to here from EA/Dice before using it because it modifies .ini files

It modifies settings.ini (which users have been doing manually)
also it creates a launcher.ini file within your MyDocuments/BFBC2 folder to save two things:

- Type of BF Game user chose (Retail (DISC), Steam, Retail (ONLINE)
- Location they pointed to of the above

I assure you there is no issue with this. Check for games like Borderlands, they have very similar launchers.

Batman Runner
03-07-2010, 07:00 AM

the .ini files are here to be modified.. its only advanced game settings...

DICE even told us to go in those files if we wanted to change our FOV

Pyromenace
03-07-2010, 07:03 AM
It modifies settings.ini (which users have been doing manually)
also it creates a launcher.ini file within your MyDocuments/BFBC2 folder to save two things:

- Type of BF Game user chose (Retail (DISC), Steam, Retail (ONLINE)
- Location they pointed to of the above

I assure you there is no issue with this. Check for games like Borderlands, they have very similar launchers.

Thanks for the heads up then :D downloading now

Threedots_dead
03-07-2010, 07:04 AM

Modifying .ini files isnīt against the EULA. Besides, DICE even recommended it since itīs the only way to change fov.

gossamer
03-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Modifying .ini files isnīt against the EULA. Besides, DICE even recommended it since itīs the only way to change fov.

not anymore :)

use the launcher now!

AKhellbindeR
03-07-2010, 07:10 AM
That's really neat. But im getting an error.

edit: forgot i had changed ini to read only.

Great initiative gossamer

v3rscide
03-07-2010, 07:11 AM
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9829/launcherm.png

Version 1.0

This tool is meant for players to be able to modify settings that are not changeable from the In-Game settings menu. These are normally found in the settings.ini file in your MyDocumentsBFBC2.

What this application does is load all your settings in and allows you to change them all, save them directly back to the settings.ini file then directly launch your game.

Features:
+ Change Every Single Graphics Option (Including Direct X Level, Field of View, Shadows Detail, etc)
+ Many more features!

PS: I have tested this with 3 Steam-Based users and 2 Retail user (Online Activation Method)

NOTE: Requires .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en) for proper functionality!

DOWNLOAD! (http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-bad-company-2/downloads/gossamers-bad-company-2-launcher-v10)

+++README+++

You will need an archiver program capable of opening up .RAR files in order to extract the program. Once you have the program extracted, proceed to run it.

Since it is your first time running the Launcher, it will ask you to point the launcher to where Bad Company 2 is installed. There are three check boxes at the top, Retail (CD Activation), Steam and Retail (Online Activation). Once you determine what version of bad company 2 you are running, select the appropriate check box and click the browse button and select the EXE file that matches the example located above your browse button.

After selecting the file, proceed to save your settings. Then close the launcher options box. You will now be presented by the main interface where you can change all the settings.

Once you have changed your settings accordingly, click the "Save Settings" button at the bottom center. Then click "Launch Bad Company 2" button and the game should launch.

Please post the SOURCE code.
Thanks. I want to make sure of some things.

gossamer
03-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Please post the SOURCE code.
Thanks. I want to make sure of some things.

I will post the entire source code when the launcher is at the final version.

For now I can help you out here and there if you need it. It is written in VB.NET 2008 btw

That's really neat. But im getting an error.

edit: forgot i had changed ini to read only.

Great initiative gossamer

Thanks!

rwfry
03-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Since the fov value adjusts your vertical fov but most people are used to the horizontal setting, maybe implement that formula in there? A converter maybe?

gossamer
03-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Since the fov value adjusts your vertical fov but most people are used to the horizontal setting, maybe implement that formula in there? A converter maybe?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will research more about FoV implementation and then attempt to do it.

rwfry
03-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Works great btw, thanks

+rep this man!

Coquito
03-07-2010, 07:36 AM
how does FOV work?

does a higher number make a wider view?

Azath
03-07-2010, 07:37 AM
great tool thank you , and applaud for your efforts +rep.

Sw00f
03-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Questions:

-The Field of View box, do we have to enter the vertical FOV like in the .ini or can we enter the desired horizontal FOV and the prog calculates the vertical FOV for us?

-How is Speaker Count working?

gossamer
03-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Questions:

-The Field of View box, do we have to enter the vertical FOV like in the .ini or can we enter the desired horizontal FOV and the prog calculates the vertical FOV for us?

-How is Speaker Count working?

Field of view is entered the same way that you would from settings.ini

I'm not sure what speaker count does as I tried to test it myself but it didn't change anything.

Prysewhert(GER)
03-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Quick Spelling Fix:
its HBAO, not HSAO.

great work though :>

Sw00f
03-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Field of view is entered the same way that you would from settings.ini

I'm not sure what speaker count does as I tried to test it myself but it didn't change anything.

If you add a calculator for that, it would be real awesome :D

analytical
03-07-2010, 07:54 AM

lol are you serious ? this ain't MW2

Good work OP

dosbox
03-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Quick Spelling Fix:
its HBAO, not HSAO.

Nope, take a look at the contents of the file - it says HSAO.

omnithrope
03-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Nope, take a look at the contents of the file - it says HSAO.

I think that's an error, then.

I believe it stands for Horizon-Based Ambient Occlusion, hence HBAO.

Le0
03-07-2010, 08:02 AM
how does FOV work?

does a higher number make a wider view?

How does Graphic settings work?

does a higher number make better graphics?

Vir
03-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Wow.. thanks

Pyromenace
03-07-2010, 08:21 AM
lol are you serious ? this ain't MW2

Good work OP

Where the hell did u get that I mentioned anything about MW2? Troll is trolling...

dosbox
03-07-2010, 08:32 AM
I think that's an error, then.

Quite possibly - doesn't change the fact that the file uses HSAO.

For the FOV setting, I had this saved from another thread:

4:3 monitors
-----
FOV90 (Recommended) = 74
FOV100 = 84
FOV110 = 94
-----

16:9 monitors
-----
FOV90 = 59
FOV100 = 68
FOV110 (Recommended) = 78
-----

16:10 monitors
-----
FOV90 = 65
FOV100 (Recommended) = 74
FOV110 = 84

The value on the right results in the FOV on the left.

analytical
03-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Where the hell did u get that I mentioned anything about MW2? Troll is trolling...

You were worried about editing .ini files, if you have been around the PC scene for any amount of time you would know that editing .ini files is normal/allowed and is done in every game.

The only game where people actually had or started to worry about things like that is MW2, hence my reference, work it out eh.

dosbox
03-07-2010, 08:41 AM
The only game where people actually had or started to worry about things like that is MW2, hence my reference, work it out eh.

Nope. Previous Punkbuster "protected" games (e.g. R6 Raven Shield) imposed restrictions on what settings you could modify. That's seven years ago, so being in diapers could explain why you think MW2 was one of the first games to impose this restriction. ;)

Vir
03-07-2010, 08:42 AM
thread sticky imho..

StingingVelvet
03-07-2010, 08:44 AM

They encouraged us to modify the FOV in the ini, so I doubt they care, if you are worried about being kicked or something.

Of course, EULAs always say messing with the files is super illegal and punishable by death, but that's just lawyer crap. If it were true mods would be illegal for God's sake.

analytical
03-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Nope. Previous Punkbuster "protected" games (e.g. R6 Raven Shield) imposed restrictions on what settings you could modify. That's seven years ago, so being in diapers would explain why you think MW2 was one of the first games to impose this restriction. ;)

I'm not talking about punkbuster restrictions, I'm talking about editing game files.

Also why would I have been in "diapers" 7 years ago ? maybe you're not so great at math or it's normal for you to see 15 year olds in "diapers"

Quite possibly - doesn't change the fact that the file uses HSAO.

Doesn't change the fact its a spelling mistake.

gossamer
03-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys!

I have a 6 hour train ride to go back home for spring break. I'll work on version 1.1 and try to include as many features/fixes as possible!

Spread the word :)

dosbox
03-07-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm not talking about punkbuster restrictions, I'm talking about editing game files.

Same difference. PB can impose restrictions on which INI settings can be modified, and by how much. I've seen people whine about being booted when their FOV was too wide.

Also why would I have been in "diapers" 7 years ago ?

Your apparent lack of historical perspective could lead one to believe this.

Doesn't change the fact its a spelling mistake.

LOL - so you'd rather he changed his tool to write an incorrect value?

gossamer
03-07-2010, 08:52 AM

If it really matters that much to everybody, I can easily change the label in the GUI, but it will still output (to the settings.ini file) HSAO

analytical
03-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Same difference. PB can impose restrictions on which INI settings can be modified, and by how much. I've seen people whine about being booted when their FOV was too wide.

Same difference ? make some sense, like I said I am not talking about PB restrictions on certain settings.

Your apparent lack of historical perspective could lead one to believe this.

Pardon?

hat are you talking about ? It is a spelling mistake, it's a simple fix.

dosbox
03-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Same difference ? make some sense, like I said I am not talking about PB restrictions on certain settings.

The original question was whether the INI files were modifiable without any consequence. I pointed out that PB has historically imposed restrictions on the values in those files - e.g. FOV.

hat are you talking about ? It is a spelling mistake, it's a simple fix.

The actual file setting reads "HSAO" - his GUI just uses the same value. As gossamer noted right above you.

andysfile
03-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the tool!
Some feedback would be the ability to add servers to favourites manually. Someone made a tool that sort-of did this in the beta (http://games.on.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=255&t=173557) and it would be a great way for your program to become more popular from all the server problems at the moment.

analytical
03-07-2010, 09:07 AM
The original question was whether the INI files were modifiable without any consequence.

And the answer would be yes of course they are, which was the point I made in the first place, but then you decided to come along and contradict that.

[QUOTE=dosbox;13887526]The actual file setting reads "HSAO" - his GUI just uses the same value. As gossamer noted right above you.

Indeed, still doesn't change the fact it's a spelling mistake.

Anything else ? *yawn*

dosbox
03-07-2010, 09:16 AM
The original question was whether the INI files were modifiable without any consequence.

And the answer would be yes of course they are, which was the point I made in the first place, but then you decided to come along and contradict that.

LOL - take another look at the portion of your post I actually quoted (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13887265&postcount=28):

A quick google for "punkbuster FOV" will show that plenty of games before MW2 had similar restrictions.

Indeed, still doesn't change the fact it's a spelling mistake.

http://xkcd.com/386/

*Yawn* As gossamer is aware of the correct spelling to use, I'll leave this thread in your capable hands. Have fun!

Oriental Sniper
03-07-2010, 09:21 AM

Dude, it's a config file, you are not reverse engineering.

Coquito
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
How does Graphic settings work?

does a higher number make better graphics?

look if you gonna be a wise ♥♥♥♥, why answer?

Ive never used it or needed to and I just want to know what the BIG advantage to increasing your FOV.

ok fickdace

gossamer
03-07-2010, 06:40 PM
look if you gonna be a wise ♥♥♥♥, why answer?

Ive never used it or needed to and I just want to know what the BIG advantage to increasing your FOV.

ok fickdace

Increasing your FOV allows you to have a larger peripheral vision. It allows widescreen users to actually use the most out of their display

davep
03-07-2010, 06:47 PM
You were worried about editing .ini files, if you have been around the PC scene for any amount of time you would know that editing .ini files is normal/allowed and is done in every game.

It was never an issue in MW2, they had a lot of commands locked from the get go and then later on released a patch that locked a lot more. Changing anything in the cfg was pretty pointless except for sensitivity and little things like that.

dred79
03-07-2010, 07:26 PM
When i first used your program it asks me 3 choices i pick steam and point to my steam.exe when the programs starts it said settings.ini is in use even tho i have exited the game. I restarted the pc now i get a different error.

"index was outside the bounds of the array" now i am using windows 7 and have 3.5.1 .net framework installed.

if i hit continue i get to the menu but it looks like i didn't read my ini. only shows my resolution and refreshrate all the other settings are blank.

I will enter all the settings in how will i know if it worked?

Edit: Well i just tested it and it definently working cause the fov of 110 is quite noticable. I am using ati 4870x2 with everything up max except 2x AA i notice when driving in the desert and kicking up dust on the roads i sometimes see these weird black lines float on the dirt road and then it settles down
like dust or something.. must be a game/ati bug i dunno.. not a big deal tho. everything looks great maxed.

Nice program.

Overt.Enemy
03-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Cool deal and +rep thanks for posting.

gossamer
03-07-2010, 07:49 PM
When i first used your program it asks me 3 choices i pick steam and point to my steam.exe when the programs starts it said settings.ini is in use even tho i have exited the game. I restarted the pc now i get a different error.

"index was outside the bounds of the array" now i am using windows 7 and have 3.5.1 .net framework installed.

if i hit continue i get to the menu but it looks like i didn't read my ini. only shows my resolution and refreshrate all the other settings are blank.

I will enter all the settings in how will i know if it worked?

Edit: Well i just tested it and it definently working cause the fov of 110 is quite noticable. I am using ati 4870x2 with everything up max except 2x AA i notice when driving in the desert and kicking up dust on the roads i sometimes see these weird black lines float on the dirt road and then it settles down
like dust or something.. must be a game/ati bug i dunno.. not a big deal tho. everything looks great maxed.

Nice program.

It sounds like you might have edited settings.ini manually earlier and changed one of the settings and the launcher doesn't agree with it.

I suggest you delete your settings.ini file and then launch bc2 so it re-builds the file freshly. Then use the launcher and all should be good!

Dan H
03-07-2010, 08:03 PM
It's extremely embarrassing that DICE or EA could not do this themselves. Great job mate!

gossamer
03-08-2010, 06:41 AM
It's extremely embarrassing that DICE or EA could not do this themselves. Great job mate!

thanks man!

working on 1.1 right now

slinky317
03-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Man, I love .ini files. It's pretty much the first thing I look for whenever I install a new game.

Has anyone found out the setting that really impacts FPS the most? I noticed shadows kill the framerate for me, so I always put that on low. Are all of these files in the settings.ini file? Or does it modify the other ini files as well?

Forrest GIMP
03-08-2010, 07:02 AM
So now everyone gets to turn down overgrowth, undergrowth and bloom meaning people with good PC's will likely have to turn their graphics to ♥♥♥♥ in order to remain competitive once this hits mainstream. Lowest common denominator FTW

bozob
03-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Thank you very much for your time, really appreciated :D

gossamer
03-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Man, I love .ini files. It's pretty much the first thing I look for whenever I install a new game.

Has anyone found out the setting that really impacts FPS the most? I noticed shadows kill the framerate for me, so I always put that on low. Are all of these files in the settings.ini file? Or does it modify the other ini files as well?

It only modifies settings.ini at this time. Also I believe that HBAO is the biggest framerate hitter. Other than that, it'd probably be shadows and textures.

Headshotz McGee
03-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Bump for justice

slinky317
03-08-2010, 09:11 AM
What is the proper setting to change the DirectX level (for the dxversion parameter)? Is it "9" or "10" or whatever, or is it "DX9" or "DX10"?

Sneed
03-08-2010, 09:24 AM
I would like to ask where this Settings file is

Brandito
03-08-2010, 09:37 AM
+rep

might i suggest adding some of the settings from gamesettings.ini to the launcher?

i hear that setting the the voice over options in that file is the only way to here english from your team mates when you're on the russian team.

gossamer
03-08-2010, 10:15 AM
I would like to ask where this Settings file is

MyDocuments\BFBC2\Settings.ini

+rep

might i suggest adding some of the settings from gamesettings.ini to the launcher?

i hear that setting the the voice over options in that file is the only way to here english from your team mates when you're on the russian team.

I will definetly be tapping into that other settings file for next version :)

wes83
03-08-2010, 10:17 AM
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9829/launcherm.png

Version 1.0

Features:
+ Many more features!

DOWNLOAD! (http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-bad-company-2/downloads/gossamers-bad-company-2-launcher-v10)

+++README+++

Thank you.

winkcata23
03-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Well done. we [bf bc2 community] owe you a beer[s]

gossamer
03-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Well done. we [bf bc2 community] owe you a beer[s]

lol you don't owe me anything. I'm just trying to make the game settings easier to control for everybody.

My other clan mate is trying to get a solid RCON tool working for servers right now

Yomommassis
03-08-2010, 11:55 AM
neat app :)

if possible you should see if you can allow users to change audio type
like from Hifi to Wartapes or Headphones

idk if thats possible, but just a suggestion :)

Saturdays
03-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Nice will give it a shot once i'm at home!

Thanks

Furious Dre
03-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I got an unhandled accepting after entering Steam location and saving. And when I relaunch the launcher I get the unhandled exception. So can't launch it at all.

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BC2Launcher
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ANONIMOUS/Documents/Folders/Stuff/BC2/BC2Launcher.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Win 7 X64

Actually, I have the option to continue regardless of the exception, and it brings up the interface, but I'm afraid to use it.

gossamer
03-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I got an unhandled accepting after entering Steam location and saving. And when I relaunch the launcher I get the unhandled exception. So can't launch it at all.

Win 7 X64

Actually, I have the option to continue regardless of the exception, and it brings up the interface, but I'm afraid to use it.

hey there. What version of .NET framework do you have? Also did you try to run the program "As Administrator"?

Please go to MyDocuments\BFBC2 and delete launcher.ini then re-attempt to run the program as administrator and re-do the setup steps.

Tell me if that is still not working for you. I assume that you might have UAC on (vista/7) it's denying access to your MyDocuments folder.

Don't use the launcher to change settings if you get errors as you can corrupt your settings file.

neat app :)

if possible you should see if you can allow users to change audio type
like from Hifi to Wartapes or Headphones

idk if thats possible, but just a suggestion :)

will be added in the future :)

Avs
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
While not hard at all to create a program for, did you copy this from:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/378465.page

That launcher existed way before and for retail before this one. Just sayin'. Either way, nice job, looks very clean.

Proph3tik
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
+rep, why I love PC gaming. cheers.

gossamer
03-08-2010, 02:54 PM
While not hard at all to create a program for, did you copy this from:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/378465.page

That launcher existed way before and for retail before this one. Just sayin'. Either way, nice job, looks very clean.

No, I didn't even know that one existed. I'm very interested on how they control view distance as I haven't seen the option for it.

EDIT: that's not a launcher though, that's only a configurator. Mine allows people to launch the game directly after changing their settings. So mine is still (to my knowledge) the first launcher for BC2

Furious Dre
03-10-2010, 12:18 AM
hey there. What version of .NET framework do you have? Also did you try to run the program "As Administrator"?

Please go to MyDocuments\BFBC2 and delete launcher.ini then re-attempt to run the program as administrator and re-do the setup steps.

Tell me if that is still not working for you. I assume that you might have UAC on (vista/7) it's denying access to your MyDocuments folder.

Don't use the launcher to change settings if you get errors as you can corrupt your settings file.

I did what you said, still get unhandled exception. I'm pretty sure I have the 3.5 framework. I decided to download it anyway and tyr to install it, but when I tried installing it, it said I needed to sue "Turn on/off Windows features" to install it. When I go to Turn on/off Windows Features I saw Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 and the checkbox had a solid square in it, I changed it to a check-mark and tried the program again, and still the same thing.

Sorry about the late reply, I totally forgot about this >_< I really want to get this working though.

nocturnefoxx
03-10-2010, 06:33 AM
Great little program. I hate fiddling with config files, so this makes a world of difference. Good work!

gossamer
03-10-2010, 01:09 PM
I did what you said, still get unhandled exception. I'm pretty sure I have the 3.5 framework. I decided to download it anyway and tyr to install it, but when I tried installing it, it said I needed to sue "Turn on/off Windows features" to install it. When I go to Turn on/off Windows Features I saw Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 and the checkbox had a solid square in it, I changed it to a check-mark and tried the program again, and still the same thing.

Sorry about the late reply, I totally forgot about this >_< I really want to get this working though.

what was the error (not in the details box). It would look something like this:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/152/erroryu.jpg

Furious Dre
03-10-2010, 03:56 PM
what was the error (not in the details box). It would look something like this:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/152/erroryu.jpg

Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length.

gossamer
03-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length.

copy and paste your length=xxxx line here. Case sensitive matters!

Akasushi
03-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Well, I downloaded it from Fileplanet, scanned it with antivirus as i do with every download and it was reported as clean.

After running the app, then changing a few settings i clicked save, and everything looked fine. I hit the launcher button, and my cd-key window popped up from within STEAM. This is not normal behavior for a launcher. My first thought was "Great, he just stole my cdkeys"! After realizing i had already registered them the keys were no good anymore I was a bit more releived.

This may or may not be your doing, but this file is available from many different places on the web now and I would be pretty sure someone somewhere has modified it for dubious purposes.

I am not saying you did anything wrong, I am just advising people to be cautious. I would be very careful using any files such as these unless you get them directly from the writer, or a very reputable source and even then always be aware and watch what the program does.

bes
03-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Got an error also:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn134/BES12000/exceptionBC2launcher.jpg
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '16' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
at BC2Launcher.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
BC2Launcher
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/BES/Desktop/2010-03-06-BC2Launcher/BC2Launcher.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

--------------------------

.NET is installed and enabled: http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn134/BES12000/NEtisenabled.jpg

Im running Windows 7 64bit Ultimate OEM

gossamer
03-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Well, I downloaded it from Fileplanet, scanned it with antivirus as i do with every download and it was reported as clean.

After running the app, then changing a few settings i clicked save, and everything looked fine. I hit the launcher button, and my cd-key window popped up from within STEAM. This is not normal behavior for a launcher. My first thought was "Great, he just stole my cdkeys"! After realizing i had already registered them the keys were no good anymore I was a bit more releived.

This may or may not be your doing, but this file is available from many different places on the web now and I would be pretty sure someone somewhere has modified it for dubious purposes.

I am not saying you did anything wrong, I am just advising people to be cautious. I would be very careful using any files such as these unless you get them directly from the writer, or a very reputable source and even then always be aware and watch what the program does.

I assure you there is nothing wrong with the program... you are being a little paranoid.

All it does when clicking the launch button from the steam configuration is:

STEAM DIRECTORY -applaunch 24960

example:

C:\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 24960

This is a simple function of steam that just tells it to launch BC2. I've seen steam pop my cd key window up the first time launching this way, but I assure you it has nothing wrong with it.

Got an error also:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn134/BES12000/exceptionBC2launcher.jpg

can you copy and paste your entire settings.ini file here so I can look at it?

Akasushi
03-14-2010, 12:13 AM
I assure you there is nothing wrong with the program... you are being a little paranoid.

All it does when clicking the launch button from the steam configuration is:

STEAM DIRECTORY -applaunch 24960

example:

C:\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 24960

This is a simple function of steam that just tells it to launch BC2. I've seen steam pop my cd key window up the first time launching this way, but I assure you it has nothing wrong with it.

can you copy and paste your entire settings.ini file here so I can look at it?

Paranoid? No, Cautious? Yes. It is very common for someone to download a trusted file, especially one for a popular game like this, and insert their own code into it, and upload it to other sites. Ta-da! you have instant trojan/virii/etc in a program that is already trusted by many.

As I stated before, I was fairly certain that the program downloaded from your direct link would be safe, but to be cautious of links to other areas such as Rapidshare. When I googled your program I found it hosted on dozens of sites, you can't assure me or anyone else that every single copy from all of those sites is 100% safe. That was the reasoning behind my word of caution. I meant no disrespect to you.

Freyar
03-14-2010, 12:29 AM
The rapidshare links have slowly become more prolific on the forums.. I'm concerned about their validity.

Aerowinder
03-14-2010, 12:39 AM
There is not an issue RapidShare. It's just a way to host files for those who don't have personal webspace. Or those who don't have domains. I figure for a free product, it doesn't make sense to have a website and a more "trusted" link. Unless you already had the site for other purposes. Who's to say that a link from a "real website" could be trusted anyhow? The distrust in RapidShare or any other file host is terribly misplaced. The distrust needs to be given to the author. It's okay to be cautious, but we need to be cautious about the right things.

Now, I do not have any need for a launcher myself, as I've already made the needed changes. But I could understand why some people would find it helpful.

Gossamer: I didn't read through all the pages, but the launcher (in the ss) is missing options to change the volume. It needs to go past 1.0, which is the in-game max. I have to set Dialog and Volume to 3.0 to make it sound right with my setup, for some reason.

Akasushi
03-14-2010, 03:01 AM
There is not an issue RapidShare. It's just a way to host files for those who don't have personal webspace. Or those who don't have domains. I figure for a free product, it doesn't make sense to have a website and a more "trusted" link. Unless you already had the site for other purposes. Who's to say that a link from a "real website" could be trusted anyhow? The distrust in RapidShare or any other file host is terribly misplaced. The distrust needs to be given to the author. It's okay to be cautious, but we need to be cautious about the right things.

Now, I do not have any need for a launcher myself, as I've already made the needed changes. But I could understand why some people would find it helpful.

Gossamer: I didn't read through all the pages, but the launcher (in the ss) is missing options to change the volume. It needs to go past 1.0, which is the in-game max. I have to set Dialog and Volume to 3.0 to make it sound right with my setup, for some reason.

You must have totally misread my post. I only used Rapidshare as an example of other sites that were hosting the file that was not put there by the author.

Btw, Rapidshare is one of the largest hosts of illegal warez, cracks, porn, and anything else you care to upload. The reason is the total anonymity that you can get while hosting a file.

The point of my post is that if you were to download this file, make sure you get it only from the location given by the author (Gossamer in this case) and not from some random anonymous hosting site where anyone could have uploaded it. Just google it and you will see. I have found dozens of different hosting locations. Do you really think the author was the one to upload it personally to all these locations?

It is ignorance like that that is the cause of the spread of malware, viruses, etc.

Brandito
03-14-2010, 07:40 AM

why not turn down the volume of everything else in game? then you just turn up the madster volume on your speakers or headset.

Wriggly
03-14-2010, 08:19 AM
What setting reduces smoke quality? It reduces my fps by like 30-40. :(

gossamer
03-14-2010, 02:17 PM
What setting reduces smoke quality? It reduces my fps by like 30-40. :(

Try quality or effects. Not exactly sure

gossamer
03-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Version 1.1 has been released, first post updated!

Furious Dre
03-14-2010, 07:30 PM
copy and paste your length=xxxx line here. Case sensitive matters!

Where is that? I looked inside the launcher.ini and all I see is

[LauncherSettings]
Type=1
Exe=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe

rocky212
03-14-2010, 07:43 PM
cool but id rather just go into the ini file and change it like that :)

Mr. Droopy
03-14-2010, 07:44 PM
scanned it and it contains a keylogger

Freyar
03-14-2010, 07:44 PM

Evidence to support your accusation would be great.

Digital_Beating
03-14-2010, 07:51 PM
I thought the Gossamer would have built in a FOV calculator to determine the FOV for you but didn't work that way. Still have to use an FOV calculator. Whatever you enter into the launcher is exactly what you entered. So don't expect to put 110 and getting that FOV. Use the calculator.

http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

dosbox
03-14-2010, 08:01 PM

Post the MD5 hash so people can verify the version they're downloading is legit.

p00ndawg
03-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Post the MD5 hash so people can verify the version they're downloading is legit.

stfu already you paranoid freak

Freyar
03-14-2010, 08:14 PM
It's a legitimate concern when there's nothing known about the guy who wrote the code. I'd be inclined to agree with dosbox myself. If the hash code matches, then it is the file that is intended to be downloaded. Otherwise, someone tampered.

gossamer
03-14-2010, 08:18 PM
I thought the Gossamer would have built in a FOV calculator to determine the FOV for you but didn't work that way. Still have to use an FOV calculator. Whatever you enter into the launcher is exactly what you entered. So don't expect to put 110 and getting that FOV. Use the calculator.

http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

I didn't want to steal any thunder from Rulesy (The guy who made the FOV calculator) so I just added a button that links to his site so people can do it there :)

Where is that? I looked inside the launcher.ini and all I see is

No, inside the settings.ini

I'd like to see proof as well because I assure everybody including to 7000+ people that have downloaded this to date that there are no keyloggers/viruses in this

MD5 HASH: 5D0E343CC77982D5E17EABDA9D9E140F (Version 1.1)
MD5 HASH: FCF4F73397CFD463AC8AB400B1C37881 (Version 1.0)

I used This (http://www.diamondcs.com.au/freeutilities/md5.php) to calculate the MD5 Hash

ZoSo
03-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks.

+1 Rep

Selfdestructive
03-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Paranoid? No, Cautious? Yes. It is very common for someone to download a trusted file, especially one for a popular game like this, and insert their own code into it, and upload it to other sites. Ta-da! you have instant trojan/virii/etc in a program that is already trusted by many.

As I stated before, I was fairly certain that the program downloaded from your direct link would be safe, but to be cautious of links to other areas such as Rapidshare. When I googled your program I found it hosted on dozens of sites, you can't assure me or anyone else that every single copy from all of those sites is 100% safe. That was the reasoning behind my word of caution. I meant no disrespect to you.

Well now that there is a hash and an app to calculate it (http://www.diamondcs.com.au/freeutilities/md5.php)

you may go and check what i posed a few days ago, when i posted (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1188003) this i was named everything but an outright hacker out to steal ppls cd-keys as if i needed anyones key to play a game i already bought.

Furious Dre
03-14-2010, 09:56 PM
No, inside the settings.ini

There is no length in my settings.ini

[WindowSettings]
Width=1280
Height=1024
Fullscreen=true
RefreshRate=75
VSync=false
[Sound]
Quality=medium
VoipEnable=true
SpeakerCount=0
[Graphics]
Effects=low
Soldiers=low
Vehicles=low
Overgrowth=medium
Undergrowth=medium
StaticObjects=low
Terrain=medium
Shadows=high
Bloom=false
HSAO=false
MSAA=0
Water=low
MainQuality=custom
Texture=medium
DxVersion=9
Aniso=3
Detail=medium
RenderAheadLimit=2
Fov=78

gossamer
03-15-2010, 03:30 AM
There is no length in my settings.ini

Hmmmm, I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. Is this when you first open the application or when you try to save?

dosbox
03-15-2010, 06:54 AM
stfu already you paranoid freak

When you grow up, you'll understand that this allows anyone to verify whether the versions posted on various sites are the same as the authors.

The only people who would have a beef with that are the script kiddies who want to cause trouble.

gossamer
03-15-2010, 06:56 AM
When you grow up, you'll understand that this allows anyone to verify whether the versions posted on various sites are the same as the authors.

The only people who would have a beef with that are the script kiddies who want to cause trouble.

MD5 Hashes are in the first post.

Rugged Malone
03-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Two questions, Gossamer:

What is a "Company 2 Launcher" and what makes yours so bad?

bump for a worthwhile thread :)

gossamer
03-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Two questions, Gossamer:

What is a "Company 2 Launcher" and what makes yours so bad?

bump for a worthwhile thread :)

ummmm I'm not sure what a Company 2 Launcher is... it's a BAD COMPANY 2 Launcher.

And I was not aware that it is so bad? Please go troll another thread? Kthnxbye!

Rugged Malone
03-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Heh, I'm not sure if you're making a joke about my joke, or if you misread it. :)

(Just to be clear: I'm not trolling, I'm bumping your thread back to the top with a small joke about your thread title.)

gossamer
03-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Heh, I'm not sure if you're making a joke about my joke, or if you misread it. :)

(Just to be clear: I'm not trolling, I'm bumping your thread back to the top with a small joke about your thread title.)

I'm not sure what the joke is

Rugged Malone
03-15-2010, 02:47 PM
It's almost too lame to explain, but...if you didn't already know that your launcher was for a game named "Bad Company 2" you might assume it's a bad launcher for something named "Company 2" or a bad "Company 2 Launcher" etc.

I was feigning such ignorance in my self-deprecating question as an admittedly lame attempt at making a joke. :)

The real motive was just to toss your thread up from page 5.

gossamer
03-15-2010, 03:05 PM
It's almost too lame to explain, but...if you didn't already know that your launcher was for a game named "Bad Company 2" you might assume it's a bad launcher for something named "Company 2" or a bad "Company 2 Launcher" etc.

I was feigning such ignorance in my self-deprecating question as an admittedly lame attempt at making a joke. :)

The real motive was just to toss your thread up from page 5.

ok, good deal

gossamer
03-15-2010, 07:57 PM
any comments/suggestions/etc for v1.1?

ZoSo
03-15-2010, 09:29 PM
for some reason when using this tool my sound turns off and no matter what I try it won't come back. For this reason I had to stop using the tool

System Specs:
CPU: Intel C2D (EO) E8500@4ghz 1.27V (8x500mhz)
GPU: eVGA NVIDIA GTX 295 (Dual PCB) @666/1512/1188 1063mV
LCD: BenQ FP241W 24" P-MVA LCD (1920x1200)
Mobo: BioStar T-Power i45 AA512
Sound: Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
RAM: OCZ Reaper 4x2Gb DDR2@1000mhz 5-5-5-15
PSU: Seasonic M12 700W 80+ 56A
Drive: LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Drive GGC-H20L
UPS: Cyberpower CP1200AVR (720W)
Cooling: Antec 900 + Tuniq Tower 120 + 4x Silverstone FM121 (110CFM)

gossamer
03-16-2010, 05:20 AM
for some reason when using this tool my sound turns off and no matter what I try it won't come back. For this reason I had to stop using the tool

System Specs:
CPU: Intel C2D (EO) E8500@4ghz 1.27V (8x500mhz)
GPU: eVGA NVIDIA GTX 295 (Dual PCB) @666/1512/1188 1063mV
LCD: BenQ FP241W 24" P-MVA LCD (1920x1200)
Mobo: BioStar T-Power i45 AA512
Sound: Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
RAM: OCZ Reaper 4x2Gb DDR2@1000mhz 5-5-5-15
PSU: Seasonic M12 700W 80+ 56A
Drive: LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Drive GGC-H20L
UPS: Cyberpower CP1200AVR (720W)
Cooling: Antec 900 + Tuniq Tower 120 + 4x Silverstone FM121 (110CFM)

Your sound turns off? My tool doesn't even change the sound levels. It only has access to sound quality, voip on/off and speaker count.

I'll look into it, try to find out what setting can be causing it.

Selfdestructive
03-16-2010, 05:26 AM
any comments/suggestions/etc for v1.1?

like someone posted, i would like to see the ability to add servers to faves.

Oh and another app lets you edit the view distance, maybe you can look into that too , ill like ot see that.

All in all the app does what it must and does it well/quik/easy.

gossamer
03-16-2010, 05:53 AM

Oh and another app lets you edit the view distance, maybe you can look into that too , ill like ot see that.

For the server favourites, I'm not sure how the hell to do that. In the beta you just added the name of the server. In the retail the name of each server is preceeded by two sets of alphanumeric characters and if you don't include them it doesn't work.

As for the view distance, that setting is already in there, it's just not named that. All the other configurator did is figure out what some of the settings really do and then named them accordingly.

Jessica81
03-16-2010, 06:42 AM

Just to clarify, that other app you mention, is it that one posted on the EA forum? It's a misunderstanding that the setting "RenderAheadLimit" changes the view distance, whitch it does not.

As far as i know, changing the view distance can't be done. I would love to be proven wrong on this one though.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1151796

gossamer
03-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Just to clarify, that other app you mention, is it that one posted on the EA forum? It's a misunderstanding that the setting "RenderAheadLimit" changes the view distance, whitch it does not.

As far as i know, changing the view distance can't be done. I would love to be proven wrong on this one though.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1151796

Ah that's funny. I think you're right, I just read a bit about that configurator and saw that!

That's really bad as render ahead limit does nothing like that. It holds the cpu back from rendering anything wihtout the gpu being ready. Was implemented at a value of "2" to prevent input lag on some computers. If you do not experience input lag, putting tthe render ahead limit to "0" might give a performance boost.

Furious Dre
03-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Hmmmm, I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. Is this when you first open the application or when you try to save?

When I first open the application (not the part where you put in the directories, the one with the graphics settings)

Selfdestructive
03-16-2010, 01:10 PM
aww no view distance increase then.:( ah well

gossamer
03-16-2010, 02:47 PM
When I first open the application (not the part where you put in the directories, the one with the graphics settings)

Did you try to delete the settings.ini and go back in the game to get it rebuilt. I cannot seem to figure out your issue

Unless you don't have .NET framework 3.5 installed

Or what about UAC, make sure you run the launcher as admin and make sure settings.ini is not read only

Furious Dre
03-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Did you try to delete the settings.ini and go back in the game to get it rebuilt. I cannot seem to figure out your issue

Unless you don't have .NET framework 3.5 installed

Or what about UAC, make sure you run the launcher as admin and make sure settings.ini is not read only

Strange. I just deleted the settings.ini like you said, started BC2, closed BC2, ran it in admin mode (as I always did), and nopw it doesn't get the error anymore :X

Thanks xD

gossamer
03-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Strange. I just deleted the settings.ini like you said, started BC2, closed BC2, ran it in admin mode (as I always did), and nopw it doesn't get the error anymore :X

Thanks xD

good to hear!

FuzzDad
03-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Keep it civil folks...anyone posting flame-bait or attacking posts needs to chill out. OP is offering a solid service.

gossamer
03-17-2010, 11:53 AM
If anybody is having issues running this, don't be afraid to post. I've already helped a few people.

Ensiferum
03-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Just a question, if i set my settings in your launcher (great stuff btw ;)), and save them, do i need to open up the launcher each time before launching the game or they're definitely set?

gossamer
03-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Just a question, if i set my settings in your launcher (great stuff btw ;)), and save them, do i need to open up the launcher each time before launching the game or they're definitely set?

you can save them then not have to use the launcher anymore if you don't want to.

gossamer
03-21-2010, 11:23 AM
To anybody who still cares,

I'm working on v1.2 which will have some nice new features and a fully re-designed GUI.

I'll keep you guys updated!

Balraw
03-21-2010, 04:44 PM
To anybody who still cares,

I'm working on v1.2 which will have some nice new features and a fully re-designed GUI.

I'll keep you guys updated!

Thank you. Your launcher is great for people like me who are nervous about tinkering under the hood so to speak to squeeze that little bit of extra performance out of the game.

Keep up the good work :)

ireaver
03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
This is awesome; great work man. Please incorporate a server browser/launcher too! I find the in-game server browser is so slow even with the game filters. Plus, I still can't seem to add favorites and history isn't working either. Anyone know of a server browser/launcher that works for this game?

gossamer
03-22-2010, 09:28 AM
This is awesome; great work man. Please incorporate a server browser/launcher too! I find the in-game server browser is so slow even with the game filters. Plus, I still can't seem to add favorites and history isn't working either. Anyone know of a server browser/launcher that works for this game?

I'm not sure I can do that. It would be cool though.

Lorx
03-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Great program!

It might be worth it to have some reference to this (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13887129&postcount=26) post, I found the recommended value there very useful.

gossamer
03-26-2010, 03:40 AM
Version 1.2 has been released. I haven't been able to do as much work as I wanted, but a few issues had to be fixed so I did I quicker update.

s0ftcorn
03-26-2010, 03:52 AM
and wheres teh dl link? :D
and wouldnt it be better if you include the FOV calculator in your nice tool?

Jemtac
03-26-2010, 03:53 AM
Cant find 1.2 anywhere

gossamer
03-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Ohhhh jeeze I'm a noob

Forgot to update teh download link. It's on the first page now

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gossamers-launcher/downloads/version-121

Adumb
03-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks brah.

vorhees77
03-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Great program but I've experienced some artifacting in the middle of my screen while im playing. I'm not a computer wiz or anything but my SLI is at a cool 62 degrees and my processor has liquid cooling, what is causing this? This didn't happen until i used the launcher, what setting could be causing this?

Brandito
03-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Great program but I've experienced some artifacting in the middle of my screen while im playing. I'm not a computer wiz or anything but my SLI is at a cool 62 degrees and my processor has liquid cooling, what is causing this? This didn't happen until i used the launcher, what setting could be causing this?

sounds like overheating. do you overclock? how dusty is the inside of your rig?

vorhees77
03-26-2010, 04:06 PM
No OC, but it might be slightly dusty. It's either a huge coincidence that my video card decided to do this when i use the program or i have bad luck. I'll dust it out.

btw im on the latest non-destroying nvidia drivers on my 9600 gtxs.

Brandito
03-26-2010, 04:09 PM
No OC, but it might be slightly dusty. It's either a huge coincidence that my video card decided to do this when i use the program or i have bad luck. I'll dust it out.

btw im on the latest non-destroying nvidia drivers on my 9600 gtxs.

well the launcher just allows you to change settings in the game and config files, so unless you changed settings it's doubtful to me that the launcher is the cause.

Hwkiller
03-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Anyone mind testing what the differences are between values in under/overgrowth?
Upload pics? :p Pretty please?

Tony Danza
03-26-2010, 04:28 PM
I'd use this if it didn't have a donate button. People like Phasus on G4G made the server admin tool which is much more of a hassle and doesn't ask for donations.

Hwkiller
03-26-2010, 04:33 PM
I'd use this if it didn't have a donate button. People like Phasus on G4G made the server admin tool which is much more of a hassle and doesn't ask for donations.

So what if it has a donate button?
Don't want to donate? Don't donate.

Developers need food too, even small project devs.

Brandito
03-26-2010, 04:48 PM

agreed! i've never seen anyone whine about a donation button.

Akasushi
03-26-2010, 04:52 PM

This!

Hugo Weaving
03-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Basically I'm just looking to try to turn down the dust. is that most likely the effects setting? thanks.

Hwkiller
03-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Basically I'm just looking to try to turn down the dust. is that most likely the effects setting? thanks.

From what I've seen, yes.
Even on low, though, good luck in the snow and desert. :(

As my friend who played bc2 for the first time yesterday said so poetically (in SP, at the military fort). "Jesus christ, I can't see anything; where are we, sandstormistan?"

Hugo Weaving
03-26-2010, 06:03 PM
From what I've seen, yes.
Even on low, though, good luck in the snow and desert. :(

As my friend who played bc2 for the first time yesterday said so poetically (in SP, at the military fort). "Jesus christ, I can't see anything; where are we, sandstormistan?"

haha well alright then thanks anyway.

nice launcher too btw gossamer. although i couldn't get it to launch the game through steam, it still configured the settings file.

bigred240588
03-26-2010, 06:14 PM
you get a rep cookie because this helped 9 of my friends play at 60 fps without toning down their graphics to disgusting proportions.

gossamer
03-26-2010, 06:28 PM

Sorry man, but I put quite a bit of work into this and I don't have a job at this time and I'm a full time college student. So just incase it ever happens, it's nice when people throw $5 here and there as gratitude for my work.

haha well alright then thanks anyway.

nice launcher too btw gossamer. although i couldn't get it to launch the game through steam, it still configured the settings file.

Post the EXE Path you entered for the steam path in the launcher options and I'll see if there's anything wrong off the bat.

Hwkiller
03-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Enjoy some rep, gossamer.

Community contributions are always worthy of reputation.
I haven't had a chance to use it it, unfortunately, because I am currently busy.

Hugo Weaving
03-26-2010, 07:50 PM
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe

it could be me missing the .net framework pack, but it seems to refuse to install on my machine. if that's the case, i will just have to get on with my life i suppose haha

SeedyROM
03-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Rep up.

Freyar
03-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Looks like Gossamer found a +1 REP! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OhdNeLOVEc&NR=1)

DFA
03-27-2010, 01:26 AM
this needs a scroll i can't even reach the launch bfbc2 button i dragged it down as low as possible how come no1 else has this problem? maybe you could make that picture smaller? even if i drag it down from the top to try and crop the top it just crops the bottom. well thanks anyway i guess

gossamer
03-27-2010, 10:02 PM
@All my lovers: Thanks for the Rep + Comments. I enjoy you guys trying this out :)

@People with low resolutions: I'll upload v1.2a tommorow with a fix for that.

Jsick7x
03-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I DUN UNDERSTANDS HOW DO I SINTALLS AHOW DOES IT WQORKS

gossamer
03-27-2010, 10:08 PM
I DUN UNDERSTANDS HOW DO I SINTALLS AHOW DOES IT WQORKS

ignore this fool... he's my clan member being a ♥♥♥♥♥♥!

Lorx
03-30-2010, 01:39 PM

They live off the souls of children actually.

Great job again goss! I'd donate but sadly I'm in the same boat as you :(

deadheadbill
03-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Got it. Thanks.

MrJamizon
03-30-2010, 04:10 PM
If I've overlooked a previous post on it, my bad - but anyone else have issues with 1.2 launching the game? 1.1 works great but 1.2 won't launch for me or a few of my friends, no errors or warning, just doesn't do anything.

gossamer
04-01-2010, 10:07 AM
If I've overlooked a previous post on it, my bad - but anyone else have issues with 1.2 launching the game? 1.1 works great but 1.2 won't launch for me or a few of my friends, no errors or warning, just doesn't do anything.

try version 1.2a, it was fixed in that version:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gossamers-launcher/downloads/version-12a

Decade
05-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Fix for this error: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/decadeofaggression/BC2Lerrorfix.png

After spending about 5 minutes deleting .ini files, I've found what causes this error: there's extra variables in the settings.ini file. Example: the hit box detection fix thats by circulating around, when you go to add those variables in, the launcher (I assume) can't figure out whats going on with those and flips out.
As a side note, this includes ANY variable added to settings.ini that isn't a game set settings. So misspelling "medium" as "meduim" if you're manually editing will cause the launcher to crash, as well as adding any extra lines of characters including extra spaces.

Lorx
08-01-2010, 11:53 AM
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gossamers-launcher/downloads/version-13

New version, final version.

ragejg
08-01-2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gossamers-launcher/downloads/version-13

New version, final version.

Is this reizable so it fits on a 720p (1280x720) desktop? Myself and several others I know game with their 720p LCD TVs, & this program may help them a bit. I'm pretty much good with my ini file settings as-is (sound quality and FOV adjustments in place, but I think they'd dig this.

hackeriss.lv
08-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I downloaded launcher like this before some time...
This looks the same
what diffrence between this and other one?

gossamer
10-08-2010, 05:42 AM
I downloaded launcher like this before some time...
This looks the same
what diffrence between this and other one?

This one was probably out before the one you've downloaded prior to finding this.

Updated First thread with up to date information.

ShavedApe
09-01-2011, 05:53 AM
Getting a .net error when I start the program, I have uninstalled and reinstalled .net to be sure but the problem is still there in windows 7 x64

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was outsiide the bounds of the array.

Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at BC2Launcher.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
BC2Launcher
CodeBase: file:///F:/downloads/BC2Launcherv1_3/BC2Launcherv1_3.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Skinn
09-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Love it when some one else does the devs job for them.

Good Job Gossamer and Thank You.

+1