PDA

View Full Version : 4 Things BC2 Needs Fixed

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 09:29 PM
1) Remove the horns (really annoying)

2) Add North South East West to map

3) Make it possible to either see chat when dead or review what was said while dead.

4) The already well known connectivity issues

5) Having a chat filter in a M Rated game where the multi-player and single player character dialogue throws around more cuss words than the movie Friday is dumb to say the least. Last time I checked places like Best Buy card for M rated games. At the very least give Server Admins the option to turn it off or on and not force it on every server.

6) An option to toggle crouch

7) Fix the tab screen so perks/ping don't overlap and confuse players.

8 ) An option to hold aim down the sights

9) Better server browser.

10) Add more time to the transitions after a game ends so we can check our scores and "gg" each other. When a new game starts players with a good connection tend to start several seconds before others.

11) Another things that I saw today that would be nice is killbox would be more visible and not go away so quick. I'd like to know when my squad kills people or are in the middle of battles. Would make it easier for medics to throw around medic kits and revives also.

12) Smoke and particles are far too dense

13) Fix the bug where adding a favorite loops waiting for data but never actually adds the new fav

14) A colorblind option so I can actually tell the difference between squad mates and enemies please.

15) A way to limit to the number of snipers allowed on each team if the server admin desires

16) Many server properties are not filterable, for example Friendly Fire. All, reasonable properties should be filterable.

17) Changing filtering options seems to perform a re-query instead of filtering the existing data. When changing these options the UI takes many seconds to refresh and is likely contributing to excess server load.

18 ) Clicking from "Favourites" back to "All servers" performs a re-query. See above.

19) Allow users to set search criteria BEFORE performing the initial query. The first thing I do in the browser is cancel the default query and set my search options.

20) Remember the query options users set from the previous session.

21) Bug: About half of the time I click Join on a server, I get a 'busy' dialog which then closes without joining a server or giving an error message. What just happened?

22) I think only the "Ping" column is sortable. I should be able to sort on the other columns too.

23) add an option to save a default load-out for each class.

24) When closing BC2, actually close it completely. If you check task manager even after exiting, the program remains. If you exit BC2 and then open it again later it starts to stack the executable in Task Manger taking up a lot of RAM and resources. I find this to be a serious bug that definitely needs to be fixed.

25) - Reviving a team mate it still counts the death, that is wrong.

26) Fix the weapon selection when using scroll pad on mouse. Most of the time when you scroll up it goes down and vice versa.

27) Allow player to set fire modes like most games (single/burst/auto)

28 ) Allow players to choose which team to join or select "Random" at beginning of map before the map starts.(Done after each map). Or if it is an attempt to prevent team stacking randomly place players on each team after each map.

29) The cursor on the spawn menu after you die needs to be bigger and more obvious. I'm always loosing track of it when the spawn screen pops up.

30) Fix shotguns, it may be latency related ie 100 - 150 ping, but something is definitely wrong with the hitreg on them, that a target 5 ft away, with their chest in the center of the aiming circle, and the shot will miss. Shotty slugs work perfectly tho. Cheers

31) - There is a serious problem with the UAV and helicopter having an inverted Y-axis. It is very annoying to have to click invert every time I switch between these. Both I and many others I've witnessed often crash a helicopter because they forget to change this before they take off. At best, I am stuck hovering in the air for a sniper or RPG to hit me or my copilot while I am trying to fix my settings real fast. Also the UAV should not be able to kill a normal helicopter by crashing into based on basic physics.

32) Fix the problem where you can't chat at the end of the round cinematic sequence if you were previously dead.

33) - Weapons/gadgets need (1) someone to proofread them (grammar/syntactic mistakes ahoy), and (2) to be modified so that they better reflect the capability/requirement of that unlock. Magnum ammo is a good example -- it never mentions you need level 16.

34) - The "compare" feature of the gadgets menu should show weapon stats for weapons that you don't have yet, instead of just a picture of that weapon. I like to decide if an unlock is worth immediate pursuit this way

35) Need a text message when people ask for ammunition, Medkits or when spotting an enemy and vehicles. Especially when you're on the russian team.

Also here is the EA/DICE thread I made using comments from here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/433344.page#4039448

A few came from their forums.

MadBishop
03-07-2010, 09:30 PM
We did fine without horns in beta because there are no horns in Rush.

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 09:32 PM
I have seen at least 30-40 people in Conquest ♥♥♥♥♥ about the horns and turn off their sound.

It's not just because of the game mode, we can all count the score without some annoying horn.

MikSchultzy
03-07-2010, 09:36 PM
1) Remove the horns (we did fine without them in Beta)
3) Make it possible to either see chat when dead or review what was said while dead.

Quoted for rep.
+1

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 09:38 PM
please feel free to list anything you would like to see fixed in this game. Then I will post on DICE forums to see if we can't get the devs to address these issues.

breadtruck
03-07-2010, 09:48 PM
we can all count the score without some annoying horn.

Im not entirely sure that's true based off the rounds I played.

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Anyone that can't count the score should not be allowed to play a M Rated game

which reminds me of the 5th thing I'd like changed.

5. Having a chat filter in a M Rated game where the multi-player and single player character dialogue throws around more cuss words than the movie Friday is dumb to say the least

davep
03-07-2010, 09:52 PM
7) An option to hold aim down the sites

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 09:52 PM
There is an option to hold aim down the sights already

davep
03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
There is an option to hold aim down the sights already

I mean hold it down like when you hold mouse 2 it aims down the site and when you let go it doesn't anymore. Would make fire fights a lot quicker.

DarkS1ayer
03-07-2010, 10:09 PM
wtf you all whining about at steam forums. they are not developers, not even publisher, just sellers, go to EA forums and whine to dice and EA.

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 10:12 PM
no one is whining, try reading a few posts. I'm trying to get a list of complaints and then (just like I already said) I will post this on DICE forums.

Steam has the largest sales of BC2, meaning more people will come to these forums.

kamikazekrieg
03-07-2010, 10:15 PM
add this also to liste Zoso, belee me:

-remove punkbuster he tk my game.

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I think you made a mistake in grammar and I don't understand your complaint.

Also in Server Browser filter you can remove PB as part of the filter.

kamikazekrieg
03-07-2010, 10:17 PM
I think you made a mistake in grammar and I don't understand your complaint.

Also in Server Browser filter you can remove PB as part of the filter.

punkbuster tk'd my game.

DarkS1ayer
03-07-2010, 10:21 PM
no one is whining, try reading a few posts. I'm trying to get a list of complaints and then (just like I already said) I will post this on DICE forums.

Steam has the largest sales of BC2, meaning more people will come to these forums.

so what?!?! do it help some any ways to solve problem with PB or get to the game new better things? if you buy from seller you can talk with them how game is great but you can't do nothing with the
"how it can be better" they just SELL IT, NOT DEVELOPING.
it is just a pointless waste time thread.... imo

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 10:22 PM
tk'd your game? Team Killed? Please don't use abbreviations.

so what?!?! do it help some any ways to solve problem with PB or get to the game new better things? if you buy from seller you can talk with them how game is great but you can't do nothing with the
"how it can be better" they just SELL IT, NOT DEVELOPING.
it is just a pointless waste time thread.... imo

Due to your grammar/spelling mistakes I don't think you understand the post you quoted.

I never said anything about blaming Steam and I said I was just trying to get a list of players complaints from Steam users due to it being the largest seller of the game. Meaning more people will come to this forum for info/complaints.

kamikazekrieg
03-07-2010, 10:22 PM

pb tk bfbc2.

ty.

DarkS1ayer
03-07-2010, 10:27 PM

Due to your grammar/spelling mistakes I don't think you understand the post you quoted.

I never said anything about blaming Steam and I said I was just trying to get a list of players complaints from Steam users due to it being the largest seller of the game. Meaning more people will come to this forum for info/complaints.

sorry its not mine native language ;) i'm just pissed of, whole forum overloaded within pointless threads, if you seek any information, there is no chance to find it.

I i don't think its a have chance to move from this forum somewhere els, as i said if you relay wanna get something, you should to write at dice\ea forum.

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
sorry its not mine native language ;) i'm just jarateed of, whole forum overloaded within pointless threads, if you seek any information, there is no chance to find it.

That is why they invented Forum Search.

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 10:29 PM
pb tk bfbc2.

ty.

why do you continue to say tk when I told you I don't know what it means. Type out what "tk" means.

davep
03-07-2010, 10:29 PM
sorry its not mine native language ;) i'm just jarateed of, whole forum overloaded within pointless threads, if you seek any information, there is no chance to find it.

he's making this post so he can gather a list and post it on the EA\DICE forums. That way the DICE\EA forums won't be spammed like the Steam ones currently are with pointless complaining.

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 10:46 PM
another thing is the Tab screen needs to be fixed so you can see your ping. Everyone is assuming the 2nd to last number is ping when it is not.

davep
03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
another thing is the Tab screen needs to be fixed so you can see your ping. Everyone is assuming the 2nd to last number is ping when it is not.

The middle column? Because that is the ping. Also could you please add 8) An option to hold aim down the site? check my second post on this thread if you don't understand what I mean (it's on the first page)

Alex1981
03-07-2010, 11:00 PM

What is that 2nd to last number, by the way? You would think something as simple as the scoreboard in a game like this would be functional. I've seen mods for UT '99 with better scoreboards and server browsers!

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 11:00 PM
The middle column is not your ping, that is the stats/perks you have equipped. If you look at everyone on the server no one is below 100, yet my G15 shows me at 60-70 ping.

Your complaint is added.

davep
03-07-2010, 11:12 PM
The middle column is not your ping, that is the stats/perks you have equipped. If you look at everyone on the server no one is below 100, yet my G15 shows me at 60-70 ping.

Your complaint is added.

It's the ping trust me, but it is incorrect because they are probably aren't using an icmp translator for the ping. If you go into a game you will see it change from time to time without you doing anything at all. I always sit at around 95-120 but I join a game that I'm pinging in the browser 15.

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 11:13 PM
It's not the ping, I am checking it with my G15 heads up display and mine shows 60-70 ping while the Tab screen shows 200. I thought it was ping too at first, but later a clan member pointed it out to me.

davep
03-07-2010, 11:15 PM
It's not the ping, I am checking it with my G15 heads up display and mine shows 60-70 ping while the Tab screen shows 200. I thought it was ping too at first, but later a clan member pointed it out to me.

Then why does my middle column change while I'm not doing anything? Also like I said it is the ping but it isn't correct which is why your G15 is showing you the real ping.

Frugal
03-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Keep the horns. They're more useful than you think.

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Then why does my middle column change while I'm not doing anything? Also like I said it is the ping but it isn't correct which is why your G15 is showing you the real ping.

That might be the case, but that number in my Tab screen never changes unless I change a perk. Not saying you're wrong, but it's not happening on my end.

davep
03-07-2010, 11:24 PM
That might be the case, but that number in my Tab screen never changes unless I change a perk. Not saying you're wrong, but it's not happening on my end.

You should go in a game and take a look at it and then alt tab and download something large and you'll see it should jump, unless your connection is amazing and can handle a large load.

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 11:26 PM
I'll check that out, going in game now.

NunSuperior
03-07-2010, 11:33 PM
9) Better server browser. The GameSpy one from the Quake 2 days was better.
10) Add more time to the transitions after a game ends so we can check our scores and "gg" each other. When a new game starts players with a good connection tend to start several seconds before others.

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 11:35 PM
keep them coming, about to post the thread on EA/DICE forums

ZoSo
03-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Thread on EA Forums: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/433344.page#4021119

ZoSo
03-08-2010, 09:06 PM
bump for anyone who wants to add to the list.

davep
03-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Another things that I saw today that would be nice is killbox would be more visible and not go away so quick. I'd like to know when my squad kills people or are in the middle of battles. Would make it easier for medics to throw around medic kits and revives also.

AttackNodeB3
03-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I like the horns...they add atmosphere and a sense of urgency...

StrikerZ
03-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Optimizations (More of them)
For ♥♥♥♥s sake, the game ran better in the Beta than retail.

Freyar
03-08-2010, 11:32 PM
1) Remove the horns (we did fine without them in Beta)
Or at least add some time between blares.
Should have been there to begin with.
Small issue, but agree.
5) Having a chat filter in a M Rated game where the multi-player and single player character dialogue throws around more cuss words than the movie Friday is dumb to say the least. Last time I checked places like Best Buy card for M rated games.
Make it a server-side option, and/or client-side option.
Agreed.
Since it's a UI issue, it should be fixed. I'd be surprised if they let things like MP_[item] go on for too much longer.
8) An option to hold aim down the sights
Agreed
Better as in what? Pretty vague.
Agreed, that or allow for chat between map transitions, but that may be something the engine can't handle.

AttackNodeB3
03-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Optimizations (More of them)
For ♥♥♥♥s sake, the game ran better in the Beta than retail.

Agree with this. Don't know about beta though. But really. Or more graphical options. My system is FINE with this game until I get into ♥♥♥♥ing Port Valdez and there's a metric ♥♥♥♥ ton of snow flying into my face, it slows down my system with the beloved i7 in it. I'm sure this thing can handle physics just dandy, it's the graphical aspect that rapes my system...

Freyar
03-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Smoke and particles are far too dense. I wonder if they could thin them out without too much of a problem.

ZoSo
03-08-2010, 11:47 PM
updated, keep them coming guys.

I really hope DICE/EA will take note of at least a few of these issues in the next patch.

NunSuperior
03-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Better as in what? Pretty vague.

I realized I was being vague when I wrote it but didn't feel like writing a Functional Spec, especially after a Scotch or two. So here are some specifics:

1. Many server properties are not filterable, for example Friendly Fire. All, reasonable properties should be filterable.
2. Changing filtering options seems to perform a re-query instead of filtering the existing data. When changing these options the UI takes many seconds to refresh and is likely contributing to excess server load.
3. Clicking from "Favourites" back to "All servers" performs a re-query. See above.
4. Allow users to set search criteria BEFORE performing the initial query. The first thing I do in the browser is cancel the default query and set my search options.
5. Remember the query options users set from the previous session.
6. Bug: About half of the time I click Join on a server, I get a 'busy' dialog which then closes without joining a server or giving an error message. What just happened?
7. I think only the "Ping" column is sortable. I should be able to sort on the other columns too.

I need more Scotch...

Kougeru
03-09-2010, 12:07 AM
I want them to reverse the models of the guns that have the ejection ports on the wrong side (the left). such as the M416. and more importantly I want the 30 ping servers on the browser to actually have 30 ping in-game..and not 130 like they all do now.

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 12:11 AM
The "ping" you are looking at is not really your ping it is perks. You will notice this if you look at everyone in the server, no one is below 100, yet I can check my Ping with my G15.

If you have a G15 you can get your real ping, but for now everyone else is kind of in the dark.

davep
03-09-2010, 12:15 AM
The "ping" you are looking at is not really your ping it is perks. You will notice this if you look at everyone in the server, no one is below 100, yet I can check my Ping with my G15.

If you have a G15 you can get your real ping, but for now everyone else is kind of in the dark.

it has nothing to do with perks, so don't know where you got that information from. like i said previously it's your ping but isn't calculated using ICMP. From what I can tell 100 ping in game = 0 actual ping, so 200 ping in game = 100 ping and so on.

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm judging it by what my G15 is listing through the BC2 app that EA released and I have had many users say the same thing. My ping shows 65 in game right now but in Tab shows 207, so that doesn't coincide with what you are claiming.

davep
03-09-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm judging it by what my G15 is listing through the BC2 app that EA released and I have had many users say the same thing. My ping shows 65 in game right now but in Tab shows 207, so that doesn't coincide with what you are claiming.

It Is Broken. I mean really... you made a thread of things that need to be fixed and you can't understand that something like ping list is broken? The ping column changes when you aren't doing anything at all because ping isn't a constant number, if it had anything to do with your perks it would stay the same unless you changed your perks which it doesn't do.

Also I was giving an estimate on what the ping in game actually converts to. There's no way of actually figuring out what the conversion for it is.

Whist
03-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I have seen at least 30-40 people in Conquest ♥♥♥♥♥ about the horns and turn off their sound.

It's not just because of the game mode, we can all count the score without some annoying horn.

Yeah, if it goes off once or twice to signal "HAY SOMEBODY'S ABOUT TO LOSE" that's fine, but sometimes those last kills can take awhile...and the horns never shut up.

I want to ask what were the devs thinking, but I know they were rushing the game and didn't have time to worry about toying with the horns.

davep
03-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Yeah, if it goes off once or twice to signal "HAY SOMEBODY'S ABOUT TO LOSE" that's fine, but sometimes those last kills can take awhile...and the horns never shut up.

I want to ask what were the devs thinking, but I know they were rushing the game and didn't have time to worry about toying with the horns.

It should go off twice and then wait a minute to do it again twice. That way if someone were to join late they would hear it later on during the game.

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 12:31 AM
It Is Broken. I mean really... you made a thread of things that need to be fixed and you can't understand that something like ping list is broken? The ping column changes when you aren't doing anything at all because ping isn't a constant number, if it had anything to do with your perks it would stay the same unless you changed your perks which it doesn't do.

Also I was giving an estimate on what the ping in game actually converts to. There's no way of actually figuring out what the conversion for it is.

I already listed the problem with the Tab screen with ping.

BTW mine does stay the same, always right at 205.

davep
03-09-2010, 02:55 AM
I already listed the problem with the Tab screen with ping.

BTW mine does stay the same, always right at 205.

Check again, just go in a game and hit tab and just keep hitting it every couple seconds (holding tab won't allow the number to change so you need to push it every few seconds). It will change, I made a video but for some reason Windows Movie Maker keeps crashing whenever I import it to edit and make it smaller.

iozzo
03-09-2010, 03:11 AM
7. I think only the "Ping" column is sortable. I should be able to sort on the other columns too.

That was true in the beta. In the actual game I believe that you can sort also on the name column.

JPwn
03-09-2010, 03:18 AM
Am I the only one that was expecting to see a list of four things and not a dissertation?

rpmmatt
03-09-2010, 03:19 AM
Server browser needs a "Quick Refresh" option.

By the time you have downloaded the server list(takes about 30-45 seconds for me) most of the info for the displayed server are wrong. ie. Getting server full message when your list shows 28/32.

The way it should work is, you download the list. Sort it how you want like by name/mode/map/players/ping then do a quick refresh which instantly updates the player numbers and map. That way you don't spend 10 minutes trying to join full servers even if they say they only half full.

Ping won't appear for me the server browser at all, I just get a dash in its place.

Fix the score board display and a few others UI bugs, they really let the devs down as it just shows a basic lack of testing.

Ranik
03-09-2010, 03:46 AM
I want them to reverse the models of the guns that have the ejection ports on the wrong side (the left). such as the M416. and more importantly I want the 30 ping servers on the browser to actually have 30 ping in-game..and not 130 like they all do now.

The put them on the left side on purpose to make the game more interesting to look at...

Razor101
03-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Sticky this!

BlackishKel
03-09-2010, 07:58 AM
FYI the mystery column on the scoreboard is definitely ping. It seems to be 2.5x or so of your actual ping. My G19 is showing 35 latency to EU servers and ingame I get 90, on US servers I ping for 85 and get 180 ingame. It is completely unrelated to perks.

21) Bug: About half of the time I click Join on a server, I get a 'busy' dialog which then closes without joining a server or giving an error message. What just happened?

Also this means there are reserved slots on a server, keep trying as soon as somebody leaves you will get in.

Eskill
03-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Also, please fix so BFC2 don't suddenly shuts down and goes back to desktop.
It's so ♥♥♥♥ing annoying to lose good amount of XP and upgrades just because the game decides to ♥♥♥♥ up.

Gunslinger1973
03-09-2010, 08:17 AM
I actually like the horns... gives the final pressure to the losing team - hehe... you got only 10 tickets left... It adds to the athmosphere I think

bowenac
03-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Proper gamepad support for when I am not playing on my main pc but would like to play on big screen on HTPC. What is the point of having joystick controls when there broke.

To many developers getting lazy these days.

Ravenger
03-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Yes, fix the joystick bindings, please!

Jonbonwolf
03-09-2010, 09:29 AM
I MR Bon WOLF, and I approve this list!

Shopkeeper
03-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Smoke and particles are far too dense. I wonder if they could thin them out without too much of a problem.
They are NOT to dense and I hope that they will not thin them out. They are relly good for the battlefield feeling.

xm20k
03-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Other than fix the server and PB disconnects.

More filters on the search. Regular, Hardcore, frendly fire on/off. The auto query is useless as well, I always cancel it to do my own narowed down search.

Danne89
03-09-2010, 09:38 AM
For me the "hold down the sight" is toggled... Don't understand why you write it's not? I press MB2 once and I'm aiming down the sight.

Maggost
03-09-2010, 09:40 AM
You missing something in the list.

- Reviving a team mate it still counts the death, that is wrong.

xm20k
03-09-2010, 09:43 AM
You missing something in the list.

- Reviving a team mate it still counts the death, that is wrong.

I think thats there to curb the stat padding for kills. After all if it counts as a death whos going to intentionaly let someone kill and revive them over and over.

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 12:41 PM
updated

Proper gamepad support for when I am not playing on my main pc but would like to play on big screen on HTPC. What is the point of having joystick controls when there broke.

To many developers getting lazy these days.

My Logitech Rumbled Pad 2 works fine, but my 360 Controller does not. They need to add more support for more controllers is a good additoin

StrifeRift
03-09-2010, 12:54 PM

Is this true? Is a ticket still lost or does that at least get saved?

QuickCon
03-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Great list, 5 starred.

javadog
03-09-2010, 01:10 PM
for the record, my buddies and i have agreed that whatever spawn point the attacking team is coming from, that is NORTH.

but yes, give me a g0ddamn NSEW. NO reason why its not in here.

and please for the love of all that is good. toggle crouch.

andreah2o
03-09-2010, 01:26 PM
make VOIP working!

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 08:46 PM
bump, keep adding your ideas guys.

shotbirds
03-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I hate when someone shoots my C4s and I get -10(or is it 15?) for a suicide :/

Rattenkrieg
I agree with everything on the list except for this;
11) Another things that I saw today that would be nice is killbox would be more visible and not go away so quick. I'd like to know when my squad kills people or are in the middle of battles.

I actually like the fact that this game doesn't clutter your screen with text. One of the things I despised about the older Battlefield games was they way 1/3 of your screen was obscured by giant HUD and never ending chat and kill notifications. I think the way it's done in BFBC2 both let's you know what's happening and keeps the screen clutter to a minimum.

Whist
How did you forget an ingame team balance system?

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 09:11 PM
yea I was also kind of confused what the guy meant for number 11, but I added it since this is open to anyone to suggest.

How did you forget an ingame team balance system?

This already exists, just most servers don't have it turned on.

Fooglies
03-09-2010, 09:12 PM
The one thing i didn't see that everyone must really love or really hate so much they haven't noticed.

Switching up teams anyone? Why is it that we are forced to play the same team every single map. Not enough time to manually switch teams around with limits in place. Maybe this has been talked about but i haven't come across and i see a lot of threads about broken ♥♥♥♥.

If this seems vague for some...no option to join a specific team. Maybe this was done to curb stacking but i like playing against different people and not knowing what each player capabilities are by the 3rd map.

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 09:13 PM
You aren't forced to play the same team every map. If you look at the bottom left of your screen while dead there is a "Switch Team" option.

Fooglies
03-09-2010, 09:17 PM
You aren't forced to play the same team every map. If you look at the bottom left of your screen while dead there is a "Switch Team" option.

On average we have about 10 clan members on the server plus 22 regs/pubs. If the server is full there is no possibility of switching teams. You can't change up the teams enough through "switch teams" to make it worth while. 90% of the people will remain the same on each team for a series of games including those that leave.

Just realized you misread my post...is it really that vague did i not spell it out enough lol. You play both sides in regards to USA vs OP, but the players are the same...

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Well there is an auto balance option for the servers, it's just no one is using it.

Fooglies
03-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Well there is an auto balance option for the servers, it's just no one is using it.

Again, nothing to do with auto balance. Auto balance forces players to one side or another based on number of players per side.

If one side has 10 players and the other as 16 auto balance will make it 13 vs 13. Sure those 3 players switch find new teams but again everyone else is stuck. Our server remains full 90% of the day. If it is full there is nothing to balance.

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 09:23 PM
SO what exactly are you requesting to be put on the list?

aspex89
03-09-2010, 09:25 PM

I don't mind the horns as it kinda lets me know its at the end of the game. Even though most often this has no sway on the game, when the tickets are almost even it heats things up.

SECONDLY.. reviving team mates SHOULD still count as a death otherwise it would be a world of medics and if you mean by no death the ticket is restored, games would go forever.

Other than that i've had no real peeve with this game :)

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I just feel the horns are pointless and they are way too loud and annoying. It would be much better just to have a flashing box at the top of the screen or something.

Not to mention the horns still go off if both teams are within 1-2 of each other and below 15. That makes no sense at all to blow horns at both teams.

Fooglies
03-09-2010, 09:30 PM
SO what exactly are you requesting to be put on the list?

Complaint# 69: Allow players to choose which team to join or select "Random" at beginning of map before the map starts.(Done after each map). Or if it is an attempt to prevent team stacking randomly place players on each team after each map.

Have you noticed that you knifed the same 16 people on 8 difference maps 100 different times in a day? You aren't new to MP games are you? 99% of games you play you start in Spec and are allowed to assign your self to a specific team for that map.

Jclool
03-09-2010, 09:31 PM
THEY need to work on lots of things.

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 09:31 PM
added

Fooglies
03-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks!

aspex89
03-09-2010, 09:32 PM
I just feel the horns are pointless and they are way too loud and annoying. It would be much better just to have a flashing box at the top of the screen or something.

Not to mention the horns still go off if both teams are within 1-2 of each other and below 15. That makes no sense at all to blow horns at both teams.

It give an "oh ♥♥♥♥" moment to the game. I can honestly say that i never noticed it till some people in chat started complaining. It's always been hard to annoy me though, i guess that may be why lol.

Not_Matlock
03-09-2010, 09:34 PM
The cursor on the spawn menu after you die needs to be bigger and more obvious. I'm always loosing track of it when the spawn screen pops up.

Fooglies
03-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Horns should be optional simple as that.

Aslives4hockey
03-09-2010, 09:37 PM
- Fix the friends list, it seems to not be working properly

On a side note: Is VoiP actually working? Squad VoiP working properly would really be great!

ZoSo
03-09-2010, 09:37 PM
it is obvious this was ported from console due to the lack of options on many settings. I just hope the thread over at EA/DICE forums gets stickied and they actually fix some of the problems listed.

Aslives4hockey
03-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Also, not sure if people are having this same problem but in controls i am unable to bind my mouse buttons my MX518

l4d3r0cks123
03-09-2010, 09:42 PM
I like them. Possibly a toggle?

Why not?

Yeah, being unable to chat when dead sucks.

Not too concerned about that but I'm pretty sure a reduction from 300ms to 50ms could help.

5) Having a chat filter in a M Rated game where the multi-player and single player character dialogue throws around more cuss words than the movie Friday is dumb to say the least. Last time I checked places like Best Buy card for M rated games. At the very least give Server Admins the option to turn it off or on and not force it on every server.
The chat filter is actually fun :). It's not to censor, but add humor (you know DICE's Spec Ops D-bags with ♥♥♥♥♥-♥♥♥ HB monitors on their guns!

Yeah, would help my pinkie

Yes

Yes.

Yes.

Definitely.

11) Another things that I saw today that would be nice is killbox would be more visible and not go away so quick. I'd like to know when my squad kills people or are in the middle of battles. Would make it easier for medics to throw around medic kits and revives also.
Killbox? If you're talking about killcam then I agree.

12) Smoke and particles are far too dense
It's part of the game. It annoys me sometimes but it's for realism.

13) Fix the bug where adding a favorite loops waiting for data but never actually adds the new fav
???

14) A colorblind option so I can actually tell the difference between squad mates and enemies please.
Never been considered by this issue but it could help some.

15) A way to limit to the number of snipers allowed on each team if the server admin desires
Have a problem with Snipers? Switch teams, go Assault with Quad Bike and go collect the dog-tags of these noob-hill campers. They'll switch classes soon, you'll see.

16) Many server properties are not filterable, for example Friendly Fire. All, reasonable properties should be filterable.
Yes.

17) Changing filtering options seems to perform a re-query instead of filtering the existing data. When changing these options the UI takes many seconds to refresh and is likely contributing to excess server load.
Yes.

18) Clicking from "Favourites" back to "All servers" performs a re-query. See above.
Yes.

19) Allow users to set search criteria BEFORE performing the initial query. The first thing I do in the browser is cancel the default query and set my search options.
Why not?

20) Remember the query options users set from the previous session.
Yes.

Yes, yes, yes.

22) I think only the "Ping" column is sortable. I should be able to sort on the other columns too.
Yes.

23) add an option to save a default load-out for each class.
Yes please, I hate clicking "enter battle" too quickly and ending up with a AEK974 instead of my XM8.

24) When closing BC2, actually close it completely. If you check task manager even after exiting, the program remains. If you exit BC2 and then open it again later it starts to stack the executable in Task Manger taking up a lot of RAM and resources. I find this to be a serious bug that definitely needs to be fixed.
Yes.

Yeah, that kinda makes me think that reviving is some form of griefing, the guy could've just re-spawned on you with full ammo after a 5 sec wait, and sometimes reviving someone is giving him in instant death because some M60 medic is right around the corner.

26) Fix the weapon selection when using scroll pad on mouse. Most of the time when you scroll up it goes down and vice versa.
Yes.

27) Allow player to set fire modes like most games (single/burst/auto)
Not on all guns.

Replies in bold. I'd also like prone added to the game, maybe not in multi (would be kinad cheap) but in SP it's needed for survival on Hard (♥♥♥♥in Sangre De Toro level)...

Freyar
03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
I'd rather not have the horns off.. just a gap between blares.

SltrHouse
03-09-2010, 09:57 PM
ok so you do know when you revive a teammate your team gains a ticket back right? This games about squad stats, not single stats.

you might get a death even if you get revived, but your team gets the ticket portion back that you lost.

As for particles, it stops snipers from sniping deployment to deployment on conquest maps.

CrashFu
03-09-2010, 10:06 PM

Yeah. This. I was mowed down by a tank earlier and a "helpful" medic on my team decided to rez me... while the tank was still parked a hundred feet away. Still shooting at me. So, I died. And he rezzed me again. And I died again.

MY K/D RATIO IS BAD ENOUGH AS IT IS!!! :eek:

davep
03-09-2010, 10:08 PM
For me the "hold down the sight" is toggled... Don't understand why you write it's not? I press MB2 once and I'm aiming down the sight.

It's talking about a hold down toggle, where you hold it down and it ironsights and when you let go of mouse2 it un-ironsights

SltrHouse
03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
It's talking about a hold down toggle, where you hold it down and it ironsights and when you let go of mouse2 it un-ironsights

theres a config for this community released... ea/dice even has it stickied on either the uk or the us forums...

ZoSo
03-11-2010, 11:28 AM
heres to hoping someone at DICE/EA actually reads opinions.

noodlesoup
03-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Add this 1 to your list. Fix shotguns, it may be latency related ie 100 - 150 ping, but something is definately wrong with the hitreg on them, that a target 5 ft away, with their chest in the center of the aiming circle, and the shot will miss. Shotty slugs work perfectly tho. Cheers :)

Lilac1
03-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I've heard that DICE aren't going to fix things for another few months or so, give the playerbase "time to settle in".

This means months of more broken XM8, M60 and CG, plus all the horrible technical issues.

Rejoice, and create a group called "Reimbursement for bfbc2 NOW"

ZoSo
03-11-2010, 03:21 PM
updated

nate1606
03-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Fix the auto-balance so it can switch people mid-round and make it so one team cannot have more than 1 person more than the other.

emperor_og
03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
The auto-balance system definitely needs to be fixed. I was in a server last night that didn't have a single player about the rank of 6 on the opposite team. My team had no one lower than rank 12. The worst roster imbalance I've been a part of was 2-16. We didn't do so well. It's hard to believe people won't switch sides in cases like that.

ebas
03-11-2010, 03:45 PM
4 things BC2 Needs fixed

1) "failed to connect to EA online"
2) "failed to connect to EA online"
3) "failed to connect to EA online"
4) "failed to connect to EA online"
and so on..

Kitsunami
03-11-2010, 03:59 PM

YES please

hand hurts.

No. Please dont. Im a recon, i dont use the sniper rifles at all. I dont snipe. I close combat and bomb and such. I hate the other classes, dont force me to play some ♥♥♥♥ty medic because of idiots.

What you need is an option to limit the amount of recon who can equip the 'snipers' at one time.

I dont even get a ping from the servers AT ALL.

Please add this:

31) Add a crosshair to the sniper rifles that are intended for close/personal range so they can be shot from the hit. The SVU and the V88 can not be used up close effectively while scoped, so a hip-shot medic has a distinct advantage because hes not limited to a scope.

GrimCW
03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
can't say i disagree with any of it, but you know most of it won't happen because they can't to it to all 3 versions of the game.

ZoSo
03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
all of these issues are directed at BC2 alone, what else would they be working on? The BF3 crew will be separate from the BC2 devs.

davep
03-11-2010, 05:13 PM
can't say i disagree with any of it, but you know most of it won't happen because they can't to it to all 3 versions of the game.

the 360 and ps3 versions are different from the pc one now. so some of these changes we ask for them might do

davep
03-11-2010, 05:14 PM
all of these issues are directed at BC2 alone, what else would they be working on? The BF3 crew will be separate from the BC2 devs.

he's talking about 360 and ps3 bc2

nod_eleuterio
03-11-2010, 05:30 PM
just one word:

PRONE

davep
03-11-2010, 05:32 PM
just one word:

PRONE

it won't happen and it's not needed, only the terrible useless snipers want prone and the people who abused it in BF2 want it also. Dolphin Diving FTL

nod_eleuterio
03-11-2010, 05:39 PM
prone is a valid strategic aproach to a target, which I (NORMALLY) use if I want to make a sneak aproach, or go away from a enemy tank without been seen, for example.The dolphin thing should be correct by other means, like for exemple make the prone command takes 3-4secs to complete, this way you got time to shoot the dolphin bastard before he HS you.I never did the dolphin, rarely play as sniper, and I WANT MY ♥♥♥♥YING PRONE BACK!

MalcolmCarmen
03-11-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't have an EA forum account, so hopefully these make it there.

- Voice should pop up an icon when being used, like CSS/Source games.
- There is a serious problem with the UAV and helicopter having an inverted Y-axis. It is very annoying to have to click invert every time I switch between these. Both I and many others I've witnessed often crash a helicopter because they forget to change this before they take off. At best, I am stuck hovering in the air for a sniper or RPG to hit me or my copilot while I am trying to fix my settings real fast.
- FOV should be adjustable in-game.
- As far as I can tell, UAV can still run helicopters into the ground. This is a serious problem, because it makes the UAV the most powerful defense against helicopters (although, it's admittedly fun as hell).
- The spawn menu should not cover up chat. Re-design it or move chat temporarily to the upper-right or something. Similarly, chat messages are truncated at too few characters (this is a PC, not a console!). Also, I believe there are still timing issues where messages disappear too fast.
- Fix the problem where you can't chat at the end of the round cinematic sequence if you were previously dead.
- The mortar targeting thingmabob periodically messes up and stops making noises/animation when you are targeting something, so you have no indicator that it's working. Not sure how to reproduce this.
- As many have said, the server browser still needs a lot of work. A separate filtering menu, perhaps even with user-defined filter profiles (or at least persist the last filter settings), would be very helpful. Additionally, the browser should behave asynchronously and just have a status area while in progress (much like when you click "update" and then click "cancel"). Also, I don't think the search-by-name feature for the browser works.
- Persist loadout choices.
- Need a way to see what server you are currently playing on and quickly add it to favorites.
- Weapons/gadgets need (1) someone to proofread them (grammar/syntactic mistakes ahoy), and (2) to be modified so that they better reflect the capability/requirement of that unlock. Magnum ammo is a good example -- it never mentions you need level 16.
- The "compare" feature of the gadgets menu should show weapon stats for weapons that you don't have yet, instead of just a picture of that weapon. I like to decide if an unlock is worth immediate pursuit this way.
- I like the summary of my stats in "compare" when looking at other friends. I can't find a similar summary elsewhere, which I could use if I had no friends.
- Spotting assists still work in hardcore. Not a big issue, but doesn't make a lot of sense.
- The RPG (at least the default one) looks like it's firing twice if you click really fast (at least, sounds like it). I would imagine it's not actually doing this, but I can also not recall a situation where the vehicle didn't immediately die after this...
- As said, bullet drops should probably be implemented in non-sniper weapons. I regularly take on snipers as assault with my 4x scope because of this, and it's pretty unfair.
- This is really just a wish, and isn't a problem: it would be really cool if I could somehow get a range to my target when playing recon. Perhaps even a "rangefinder" unlock, or a special scope ability.

ZoSo
03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Ok 1st off Prone will not be added to the list because DICE/EA made it clear they removed it on purpose, so no reason beating a dead horse.

I will read through Malcolms comments and add anything that isn't already covered.

Omi_san
03-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Rush games need to wait for more player to be ready before starting.

It's ridiculous and unfair how the few fast loading player can start bombing objective A & B while 90% of the players haven't spawned. It ruins the first area of the map for the defenders.

ZoSo
03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
agreed, but it is already in the list

antiver
03-11-2010, 09:06 PM

This should be a client setting, not a server setting.

Also, the difference between the game's use of language and the various usage in multiplayer is that the game doesn't direct the language at a player.

shockertwin
03-11-2010, 09:07 PM
They should fix the stupid crash to desktop that happens every time I get over 15,000 points in a game...

antiver
03-11-2010, 09:08 PM

This feature is already included. It's called "kick."

ZoSo
03-12-2010, 11:06 AM
well that is more of an immediate thing, we want a balance type kick based on the number of classes.

ace illuminati
03-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Is there really 34 things that need to be fixed? lol

ZoSo
03-12-2010, 11:19 AM
according to the players, yes, there is.

Dr3thepooner
03-12-2010, 01:32 PM
If not there yet -

More video adv. options -

Bloom - on / off
FOV - slider
View distance lod - % (could be unfair, so this one is a maybe)

anything else available in UI that can be customized and i cant think of now..

boomer456
03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I like the horn only because it alerts you that you are about to lose. I remember many times playing BF2 and without noticing the game ends. Although, instead of the horn starting at 15 tickets or where it starts maybe it should just start with 5 or less tickets...nice QQ thread though

theyeahdude
03-12-2010, 02:34 PM
No choice for C4 instead of Noob Tubes.

Mortar spam is the worst game dynamic ever.

RadstaR
03-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Only one big problem: CRASHES TO DESKTOP!

ZoSo
03-12-2010, 05:52 PM
agreed the CTD is annoying, will be added to the list.

Prometheus&Bob
03-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Why has nobody suggested fixing the autobalance not working?

Big issue in my opinion.

ZoSo
03-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Autobalance is already in the list

stgeorge91
03-12-2010, 06:56 PM
I would like it to remember my previously used weapons for each class. So I don't have to choose them every time, or accidentally spawn with the default ones.

Overt.Enemy
03-12-2010, 07:02 PM
That looks like more than four things to me. Good list though. A lot of those are on my own little list of things I'd like to see.

T@F
03-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Put map top right of screen.

were it is now at the bottom left,sort of put you off as most fps haves it at top right,so we all kinda used to it being top right nowdays.

Kougeru
03-12-2010, 07:26 PM
bullet drop to medic guns. right now they're epic accurate...makes assault rifles almost pointless which is one reason why theres so much grenade launcher spam

nelson496
03-12-2010, 07:28 PM
There is bug that occurs when I automatically get switched to the other team. When I am switched, the score board still says that I am on the other team.

chikkacejay
03-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Every single one of these that can be should be an option, if it's not option-able for everyone then find out what the majority wants.

theyeahdude
03-13-2010, 03:34 AM
bump

How to give +1 rep???

uprize
03-13-2010, 03:58 AM
what about saving the weapon loadout for each class when you exit the game? Its annoying to reselect the weapons each time

JeremyUK
03-13-2010, 04:35 AM

1. I Love the horns!

8. I prefer it without, this aint MW

25. I don't agree, the person was still downed and so deserves the death. Also if you take away the death you must take away the kill form the person who killed them, this therefore means if you kill someone and they're revived you must lose this kill

South__
03-13-2010, 05:21 AM
stop cry about the horn usually it doesnt take longer than ~10-30seconds ..
im already upset that they took away the sniperscoreeffect.. i liked it and it was kinda like fast game adrenaline and so on ..

genbrien
03-13-2010, 05:58 AM
The horn should not be remove completely, but maybe sounds only at 10sec intervals..... not continuously

And that one is more a wish than a fix but:

make that I can still use the recon binoculars even if the mortars are fired. I use it more to spot other snipers than to fire the mortars.... but if I fired it to an mcom station, I would like to use them to spot enemy troops.

Cheers

ZoSo
03-13-2010, 06:36 AM
I don't think the recon needs to be boosted anymore than it already is. Lets try to keep the discussion to changes as a whole on the game and not class specific.

theyeahdude
03-13-2010, 06:37 AM
You can't do anything in the game until you spawn.

No playing with options.

Can't even exit the game.

Can't Chat.

Don't know what the other classes in squad till i look at the screen. and some servers don't have that camera. so I have to go blind not know what my own squad's classes are.

the whole game is pretty much frozen until you spawn.

CVdk
03-13-2010, 06:44 AM

Would REALLY(!!!) love to see this feature, since I'm also colorblind. Telling green from yellow in this game is practically impossible for me.

MrChris
03-13-2010, 07:46 AM
I agree with the revive shouldnt be a death, so many times when I am playing I hear people who don't actually want to be revived, on my TS server as well a lot of people just don't see the point in it with the squad spawning system

that and tweak the medic revive, so the guy being revived doesn't have that weird invincibility or he should revive on 50% health etc

and tweak the medic LMGs so they aren't the hold fire win guns

Theclueless90
03-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Servers refresh time
it takes like 10. Hours to refresh -_-"

gamerbynite
03-13-2010, 10:04 PM

These things really bother me. Include the Tab to see scores while you are dead. Thats about the only time I want to check the scores and I can't.

theyeahdude
03-14-2010, 06:46 AM
These things really bother me. Include the Tab to see scores while you are dead. Thats about the only time I want to check the scores and I can't.

And also add class so i know who is what class on that screen.

Aegis^Byrth
03-14-2010, 07:02 AM
the only thing this game REALLY needs is somekind of autobalance. Most times when one team steamrolls, half of the losers change side, turning the game into an amusing 18 vs 6.

Pisses me off so much i usually change side as well, only to put some friendly fire on those traitors, smoke our own snipers, place c4 on their tanks and so on.

ZoSo
03-14-2010, 08:21 AM
it's true an autoblancer is definitely needed

EXODYNE
03-14-2010, 10:40 AM
The horn makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon. It has to go

fumanshoe64
03-14-2010, 10:55 AM
1. fix the game so a gt 330m can play it w/out artifacts. (dont tell me its a crap laptop either, i can play crysis on medium with 40+ fps and fear 2 on high.

nevann
03-14-2010, 11:00 AM
8. I prefer it without, this aint MW

What the hell does that have to do with it?
MW also had guns, shall we remove them as well?

Seriously, just because MW had the option of toggling ADS doesn't mean that no other game should have that option.

ahrustem
03-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Some of these are quite stupid, like to reduce the particle and smoke density. It's a big part of the combat, if you camp as recon and someone blows up a building in front of you, then move for better visibility. And besides, smoke is a great tactical tool.

But I agree with a lot of them, especially fix browser, better auto balance and to make the chat visible when dead.

Flashsight
03-14-2010, 12:08 PM
add to the main post to include a delete persona option

j1nx
03-14-2010, 02:57 PM
needs a bump i guess.
i would love to see these changes

p8ragon
03-14-2010, 03:55 PM
I'd also like the scopes to be unlocked a tad bit easier

Newcomers have a huge disadvantage b/c they have to aim down iron sights while their opponents have rds/ assault scope.

devils_reject76
03-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I hate it when you get near the end of map and BOOM... You've been kicked from server. How about the points I got from killing ppl and doing objectives. When a server kicks you from a game (The server, not connection), I think you should still get pins, medals, ect. You did earn them.

Coopz
03-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Good post. All the points are correct and need fixing. Wish this game was not rushed out the door half baked like normal..

Spartan
03-14-2010, 05:07 PM
I often find that most the time i use scroll to change my gun to something else it goes the wrong way, in many cases iv wanted to switch to my pistol to finish off an enemy only to have it go the wrong way and i end up pulling out shock paddles(etc) and get killed.

All so ever since i unlocked M14 i cant use the M1 Grand anymore.

Wasted
03-14-2010, 05:16 PM
I often find that most the time i use scroll to change my gun to something else it goes the wrong way, in many cases iv wanted to switch to my pistol to finish off an enemy only to have it go the wrong way and i end up pulling out shock paddles(etc) and get killed.

I made a thread here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1188869) about that problem. It's sad really, the more I play the more the bugs make me rage. :o

breadtruck
03-14-2010, 05:25 PM

You're kidding right?

Thats kinda the point. Adds to the level ambiance, and gives smoke nades an actual purpose. Lessen them, and it is worthless to even equip the smoke nades.

Seriously, just because MW had the option of toggling ADS doesn't mean that no other game should have that option.

The Battlefield series never had those options, and I for one dont care to see them come to the game. People held the keys when they wanted something to happen. Id rather not see a bunch or crawling, iron-sighting turtles creeping around the map when we need to push.

xplay2.0
03-14-2010, 05:26 PM
1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Agreed
4. Agreed
5. Don't care.
6. Agreed.
7. Agreed.
8. Agreed.
9. Never affected me.
10. Doesn't affect me.
11. Eh?
12. Smoke grenades not dense enough.
13. Agreed.
14. Well if the colorblind need it...
15. Not agreed. They made the class for a reason. Even if it's abused that sucks for all of us, but problems tend to fix themselves.
16. Agreed.
17. Agreed.
18. Agreed.
19. Doesn't really matter.
20. Agreed.
21. Agreed.
22. Agreed.
23. Agreed.
24. Agreed.
25. I don't remember how BF2 handled this.
26. I thought that was fixed after the Beta.
27. Yeah, but I doubt anything in that nature will be fixed. That's game changing stuff, even if it looks small.
28. I don't agree. People will just go to the winning team. The second part I agree.
29. Eh?
30. Agreed.
31. Not affected.
32. Agreed.
33. Not affected
34. Agreed.
35. Agreed.
36. Agreed.

voodo151
03-14-2010, 08:50 PM

All so ever since i unlocked M14 i cant use the M1 Grand anymore.

I know exactly what you mean, up until this point i figured it was just me, fortunately i have a game pad and bound two keys to 1 and 2 so i don't have to rely on the scroll wheel to switch to a weapon....this one need fixed stat.

voodo151
03-14-2010, 08:53 PM
You're kidding right?

The Battlefield series never had those options, and I for one dont care to see them come to the game. People held the keys when they wanted something to happen. Id rather not see a bunch or crawling, iron-sighting turtles creeping around the map when we need to push.

i agree with this too, im sure while creating the game dice explored the idea of toggling, even going prone for that matter, i can see why it wasnt implemented, it seems like there is already a huge issue with half a team going recon and camping when a push is needed. Adding those things would only make the problem worse

ZoSo
03-14-2010, 08:56 PM
updated from EA/DICE forums

theyeahdude
03-17-2010, 05:19 AM
bump

good job

Red Exodus
03-17-2010, 05:24 AM
You should be able to filter hardcore servers.

Aidwell
03-17-2010, 07:44 AM
horns: remember the first mission siren sound... sweet one)

and i just wanted to ask...
any chance i can keep myself for exact team as i played? (rus for ex.) without changing it every round (rus->us->rus->us and so on)

Webthing
03-17-2010, 07:49 AM
some way of saving weapon loadouts would be nice

Cloggy
03-17-2010, 08:46 AM
*Add "Hardcore" to the server filters
*Make the mouse "wheelup" and "wheeldown" 2 bindable keys, instead of sharing it.
*Save all my class' current kit selection, so i always have a predefined selection when ever i load a server.
*Make ENTER and NumericKeyboard_Enter, 2 bindable keys, instead of sharing the same

alien3456
03-17-2010, 09:12 AM

18 ) Clicking from "Favourites" back to "All servers" performs a re-query. See above.

These are the main contributors to the master server load, in my opinion. Huge oversight to fetch the server list as often as it does. Ideally, it should grab the master server list once upon load (and upon force refresh), apply your filters, and then do refreshes for ping/player-count only to each server that you have filtered. Instead, it gets the master list when you change anything.

Cin669
03-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Three things I'd like to throw in..

1) When you're peaking out of a bush with the binoculars calling in a mortar strike with clear vision in front of you of your intended target.. PLEASE fix where it thinks you're some how targeting the bush you are conviently hiding in. This way the intended target is hit and you don't accidently kill yourself because of some stupid *bug*.

2) The above fix would prolly also fix through wall knife stabbings that happen (rare issue). Otherwise fix this too.

3) REMOVE PASSWORDED SERVERS FROM THE PLAY NOW OPTION FFS.

Oh and like others have been saying.. fix auto-balance so it actually I don't know.. auto-balances during game play?

skacikplz
03-17-2010, 12:30 PM
native fps counter or something like source games net_graph