PDA

View Full Version : server kicks me everytime

gleininger
03-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Every time I set up or join a cooperative game , once the game starts I am immediately kicked off the server !I can invite a friend or be in vited or browes the server list but it will kick me everytime ! I have tried setting ports in my router and even set my router to DMZ with the same results , anyone got any ideas ? Im running a intel core 2 quad cpu q9300 @ 250 ghz , with 2 evga 9800 gtx + superclocked graphics cards and 8 megs ocz gold on 64 bit windows 7 system . please help !

modivos
03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Same problem here. :(
I opened ports too but it still kick me when pass 10 seconds. I have win7 x64.

gleininger
03-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I worked on this problem for a long time , I contacted steam then codemasters . Codemasters informed me that windows 7 was not actually supported ! I have a brother and a son running this game on windows 7 with no problems ! The problem was oddly enough with my computer which I run slightly overclocked and a little higher voltage on my memory , after I tried everything I could think of I returned my computers overclocking and voltage to normal and everything works great !!! I have ran this system at these settings for the last 6 months or more with no problems . I just got lucky in figuring it out , a good friend of mine suggested that I return my system to its original settings !

modivos
03-09-2010, 01:28 PM
I tried everything. Standard mode, underclock mode, overclock mode. With hamachi, with created servers but nothing works. The server kicks me 5-10 seconds after i enter in. I just cannot understand this. Actually it might be a problem of compatibily with Windows 7, isnt it?

Please respond me (i know that my english is awful, but...)

gleininger
03-09-2010, 02:27 PM
I doubt windows 7 is the problem as I am running it ! I know at least 8 more people using 7 also and this game runs fine !

modivos
03-09-2010, 03:19 PM
I have this configuration:
Windows 7 Enterprise
Core i5 750 2.6 ghz
Nvidia 8800GT
GSkill 2000mghz at 1.65v

The singler player works perfect. My system doesn't have any overclock. Can be the "router closed ports"?

I found this ports:
all three both UDP and TCP.

tock333
03-14-2010, 04:46 PM
For anyone having this problem... Make sure your video card is not overclocked!

After playing around for an hour online with my cousin who was having this problem, we can confirm that overclocking the gpu, memory or shader clock of an nvidia gfx card WILL cause you to get kicked as soon as a coop server starts. As soon as he turned off the overclocking, we could play coop without any trouble. Any change in the default gfx card settings led to him immediately being kicked from the game again.

We did not test MP, but I suspect it will be the same as coop...

Strangely enough, you can play single player with your gfx card overclocked and it is not a problem.

We have no idea what the cause may be, but suspect that it may somehow be recognized as a cheat by some sort of anti-cheat scheme??? We did not see any cheat settings anywhere though, so this seems kind of strange.

We only tested overclocking the gfx card and not anything else. so we are not sure if overclocking your CPU or bus speeds etc might cause a similar problem...

In short I would say if you want to safely play this game online, do not overclock anything in your system...

Good luck!