PDA

View Full Version : No Preload?

masta121
03-08-2010, 12:34 PM
When are we going to be able to preload Chaos Rising?

Old Thread Bump
03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
idk lol

ZeroDarkHundred
03-08-2010, 06:15 PM
No preload for the original game so don't count on it. Also, all existing DoW2 owners will be receiving a huge content patch that makes their games compatible with Chaos Rising anyway.

zawuhibu
03-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I was hoping for a preload but I guess its not coming ... as a side note why does Chaos Rising unlock at like 4:00 PM EST? seems a little late

ZeroDarkHundred
03-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I was hoping for a preload but I guess its not coming ... as a side note why does Chaos Rising unlock at like 4:00 PM EST? seems a little late

Relic is on PST time so that sounds like the typical time Steam content is delivered.

obisean
03-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Ya, 12:00 PST is the normal time for Steam to unlock. Not to say that they don't do it earlier, which they do sometimes. Dragon Age was like 2 hours early.

They should put in an at-your-own-risk style midnight release. That way if something goes wrong with your copy, you won't get support til the morning because it is "at-your-own-risk".

masta121
03-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Kind of stupid to not have a preload, tons and tons of people are going to be trying to download the expansion and the patch. I predict a complete disaster.

Waukeen
03-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Kind of stupid to not have a preload, tons and tons of people are going to be trying to download the expansion and the patch. I predict a complete disaster.

And I fear you will be proven right, based off the epic failures with SupCom 2 and BFBC2 launches. Supcom2 was showing as available on the store atmidnight EST the day it was supposed to just no one could play it because the EXE files wasnt being decrypted. Go go Valve on releasing things at the time they should be.

Zeneroth
03-09-2010, 09:08 PM
From what i heard is CR gonna be installed into the same directory as Dow2. So if there's a preload it will break Dow2 as well.

Colonel_Temp
03-10-2010, 08:26 AM
There isn't a preload because doing so would mess up the DOW2 install. This is straight from relic on another forum I use alot. It's not like Relic didn't try to get one.

blix2006
03-10-2010, 08:28 AM
you guys assume it will even come out when the timer stops...steam has a bad rep lately for very late releases

Colonel_Temp
03-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Very true, it's why I don't bother pre-ordering from steam. Learnt my lesson after L4d2. The extortionate price doesn't help either.

Slimn
03-10-2010, 10:33 AM
My copy of DoW 2 updated for a long time, I suppose its in there it just needs unlocked.

Xealot42
03-10-2010, 01:59 PM
So does today's giant patch count as a preload? Or will we have to download more stuff tomorrow when it unlocks?

soundcreepy
03-10-2010, 02:03 PM
i believe it counts as a preload....from what i can tell you get all the info for CR in patch 2.1

ChronoLynx
03-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Technically the pre-load was done when they patched DoW II today.

ZeroDarkHundred
03-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Technically the pre-load was done when they patched DoW II today.

Technically no......

A pre-load means you get EVERYTHING. This was simply a early release of the free content patch that makes clients compatible with Chaos Rising. Chaos Rising owners are still going to have to download essential game files in order to play the bulk of what they purchased with Chaos Rising.

aerundel
03-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Technically no......

A pre-load means you get EVERYTHING. This was simply a early release of the free content patch that makes clients compatible with Chaos Rising. Chaos Rising owners are still going to have to download essential game files in order to play the bulk of what they purchased with Chaos Rising.

Did you even look at the files you downloaded before typing that? The expansion campaign movies are in. The sounds are in. The manual is in. The Chaos Rising icon is in. They didn't name the campaign maps something obvious, but I'm assuming they're in too. As long as you have DoW2 installed already, the patch IS a pre-load.

Xealot42
03-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Looks like it was a preload. I played a few minutes before work without downloading anything extra that I could see. Can't wait to get home and play!

Cyrielx2
03-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Looks like it was a preload. I played a few minutes before work without downloading anything extra that I could see. Can't wait to get home and play!

The stance button ! You missed the I-Win button !
:D

Last stand also has the 2 new heroes in the roster. Multiplayer has the new units available and Afaik, the intro movie changed. Not the game intro but the company ones.