PDA

View Full Version : "Rushin' Front" Achievement

emerald750
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM
The description of this achievement is "Win a skirmish match in under 5 minutes". However I just completed a Skirmish game against a single Illuminate Easy AI (simply for this achevement) and ACU rushed the poor chap, but did not recieve said achevement even though the game took exactly 59 seconds to finish. Does this require the player to beat a HUMAN in 5 minutes, or did I just get a stroke of bad luck?

gpgsteve
03-08-2010, 05:08 PM
The description of this achievement is "Win a skirmish match in under 5 minutes". However I just completed a Skirmish game against a single Illuminate Easy AI (simply for this achevement) and ACU rushed the poor chap, but did not recieve said achevement even though the game took exactly 59 seconds to finish. Does this require the player to beat a HUMAN in 5 minutes, or did I just get a stroke of bad luck?
That should work, and I've verified that the achievement is working. Did you get other achievements at the same time? It's possible we were sending multiple achievements to Steam, and it only accepted one of them. Next time you complete a game, you might see this one trigger as well.

juraigamer
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
I beat a human opponent in under a minute (heh, they all left!) and got the achievement. Don't know if it requires human opponents.

gpgsteve
03-08-2010, 06:34 PM
It doesn't require humans. It's a skirmish/MP achievement. There aren't a ton of achievements that require multiplayer.

LA Snow
03-08-2010, 11:04 PM
I got min vs a human. It was 1 vs 1 and he sent in his ACU with a few ground units right into my base. I used my tech points to do an ACU upgrade and had some point defense building to the sides. I basically ran him into the point defense and kept hammering with my land units and ACU. His ACU blew up, and I got the achievement.

Footlong
03-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I sent my ACU to his base straight away. Coverted his 2 engies while he was firing at my ACU. Used one to heal my ACU and one to convert his factory. I beat him in under 2 mins and got the achievement.

Red Dox
03-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Did it with CPU skirmish. Run with ACU near enemy base, build landfactory, add tactical launcher and build some troops. Easy going ^^

-----Red Dox

Viscule
03-11-2010, 10:35 AM
I am an achievement ♥♥♥♥♥ so i ran over with my ACU on a small map using my tech points on ACU upgrades. Leaving my engineers to build 2 mexes, 2 pgens and a air factory. Air factory pumping out bombers.

Usually only able to build 4-6 bombers by the time the enemy ACU blows up. Difficulty doesnt matter because they cant get enough forces out in time.