PDA

View Full Version : why is clear sky so buggy

IIcrazychickenI
03-09-2010, 01:27 AM
its driving me mad :o i cant even complete it my game file gets corrupt and wont load when i get too far in

Kellervo713
03-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Rushed development, horrid gametesting department (which got laid off en masse I believe). Mostly the rushed part.

Thankfully they learned their lesson and CoP is far more stable. If CS had the same level of stability I'd probably consider it the best of the series for the combat.

Jaeger_CDN
03-09-2010, 08:28 AM
its driving me mad :o i cant even complete it my game file gets corrupt and wont load when i get too far in

I'm in the same boat as you. Every game I've tried usually gets corrupted shortly after the first emmission. I'm waiting until the CS: Complete mod gets released before trying one last time. I got CoP on stand by hopefully once I finish CS.

Bad_Motha
03-09-2010, 10:28 AM
The corrupt save problems were fixed, way back in 1.5.03/04/05 patch updates, how is it you still have this issue. Do you only use autosaves & quicksave? Try saving manually once in a while so you have other saved games to fall back on if need be. Try to save when the gameplay is calm and not a whole lot going on.

velvetmeds
03-09-2010, 01:56 PM
i indeed wish CS complete would get released so i can buy the game

IIcrazychickenI
03-09-2010, 02:25 PM
The corrupt save problems were fixed, way back in 1.5.03/04/05 patch updates, how is it you still have this issue. Do you only use autosaves & quicksave? Try saving manually once in a while so you have other saved games to fall back on if need be. Try to save when the gameplay is calm and not a whole lot going on.

im running latest patch and i save the game manually every 5-20 mins, never use quick save or load, i got it working again by using an old save, the 3 latest saves were all corrupt, so far its working again but now im keeping 6+ saves going so i can fall back on at least one of them hopefully

velvetmeds
03-09-2010, 02:32 PM
erm, no it didn't.

edit: wha? where did that post go?

thanme
03-09-2010, 07:10 PM
To be honest, I didn't find it that bad, bug wise.
The only really buggy bit I encountered was the last level, where Strelok falls off the bridge and becomes untouchable.

knightoflite
03-14-2010, 01:15 PM
To be honest, I didn't find it that bad, bug wise.
The only really buggy bit I encountered was the last level, where Strelok falls off the bridge and becomes untouchable.

hehe for me the last level was buggy as well, but that bug was on my side..., strelok was under the "bridge(?)", and he didnt move a muscle, all i needed to do was to shoot him untill the psyprotector disappeared...... :eek::eek:

Clash
03-14-2010, 01:29 PM
I don't get it... I played through it fine, no bugs or crashes whatsoever...

Chevyboy88
03-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Won't say issues don't exist but I guess I'm a very unusual case in that with the newest patch I've had no major issues and very few minor issues with Clear Sky.

No issues whatsoever with the major community patch nor CS Complete which is built upon said patch.

IIcrazychickenI
03-14-2010, 04:43 PM
going off that old save i had very few issues after that, completed it a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it, id say jsut for its length and detail its better than pripyat although pripyat has more refined gameplay

Forward Area
03-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Old versions were so bad its not even funny.. I couldnt even switch territories without crashing etc. It became stable around 1.07 or 1.08 I believe.. thats when I reloaded it and went through it fine.

If any of you guys passed it because of the bugs, give it a try again it should be better.

Austin007
03-15-2010, 06:33 AM
I'm just installing CS now, I opted for the ownership check thing too, what is it?

Forward Area
03-15-2010, 07:00 AM
You can buy Call of Prypiat for cheaper I think

FreemanForPrez
03-15-2010, 07:41 AM
hehe for me the last level was buggy as well, but that bug was on my side..., strelok was under the "bridge(?)", and he didnt move a muscle, all i needed to do was to shoot him untill the psyprotector disappeared...... :eek::eek:

That happened to me during my second play-through and if it had happened during my first game I'd have been kinda PO'd about it. Luckily the first time wasn't bugged.

thanme
03-17-2010, 10:57 PM
The first time I played through that level, he fell off and was under the bridge, and I he was invulnerable to me shooting him at all! I spent ages running around trying to "trigger" something, but nothing worked. I wound up starting the whole thing again.

Austin007
03-18-2010, 04:26 AM
I'm finding I go to a yellow marker on the map where it says to hold until friendlies arrive, and wait, and wait, turn off my flashlight, wait a bit more, still nobody comes. So I leave, and it magically dissapears off the map. And the damn Bandits keep overrunning the big warehouse in Garbage after I've secured it over and over, what up with that?

Kellervo713
03-18-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm finding I go to a yellow marker on the map where it says to hold until friendlies arrive, and wait, and wait, turn off my flashlight, wait a bit more, still nobody comes. So I leave, and it magically dissapears off the map. And the damn Bandits keep overrunning the big warehouse in Garbage after I've secured it over and over, what up with that?

The Bandit thing is likely intentional - any faction can and will resurface if their final base is taken. Only way to keep it locked is if you can dupe Duty into moving in, as they won't move on like the Loners do.

TcheQ
03-19-2010, 05:27 AM
The first time I played through that level, he fell off and was under the bridge, and I he was invulnerable to me shooting him at all! I spent ages running around trying to "trigger" something, but nothing worked. I wound up starting the whole thing again.

Yeah this has got to be one of the worst bugs in a game ever. Happened to me when I ran too fast through all the portals. Unfortunate because that battle was 100% win.

1337_n00b
03-19-2010, 05:29 AM
Just go for lower graphics settings. Almost everything magically disappears when you lower them.

the problem is, it is not all that good...

Scourge
03-19-2010, 05:54 PM
The Bandit thing is likely intentional - any faction can and will resurface if their final base is taken. Only way to keep it locked is if you can dupe Duty into moving in, as they won't move on like the Loners do.

I've had the Loners set up shop there and stay permanently almost every time.

FreemanForPrez
03-20-2010, 01:09 PM
I've had the Loners set up shop there and stay permanently almost every time.

You got lucky. My Loners just stood around and got shot to death.
It's so hard to find good help these days. ;)

Scourge
03-20-2010, 03:35 PM
So true.

Bad_Motha
03-20-2010, 03:44 PM

Is a case such as this, just revert back to the autosave that gets saved when enter the level.