PDA

View Full Version : Bad Company 2 loves my desktop!

Haydenfoot
03-09-2010, 01:58 PM
It randomly crashes to my desktop. Happens sometimes when I try to join servers and get the "please wait" box, happens when I'm connecting to a server, happens while in-game. At least the software I put $50 down on is really efficient at shutting off. :o

javadog
03-09-2010, 01:59 PM
first thing i would check is sound/video drivers
make sure you computer has the latest updates, make sure to uninstall existing before install of new.

lets move on from there...

bugeric
03-09-2010, 02:00 PM
and I just found another bug that it auto "alt-tab" back to desktop for no reason, Note that it didnt crash back to desktop, I can still switch it back, but it really sucks when you are in the middle of a dog fight

udinthrik
03-09-2010, 02:25 PM
its not just oyu man a ton of people have this issue, all 6 people i squad with have this happen all the time

javadog
03-09-2010, 02:33 PM
its not just oyu man a ton of people have this issue, all 6 people i squad with have this happen all the time

the simple fact that some do and some dont means it can be narrowed down.

CTD issues from the group of about 20 i know playing regularly is not happening. and they are a cross section of the world, with most being in the USA/England/West Europe areas...

when im diagnosing these, try and get a 'baseline'. make note of what is running resident, make note of the order you have done things when it does crash...then you try and reproduce it. from there its just a process of narrowing down...

things like these can be something as simple as a browser running with a rich-media content plugin resident and active during the time you launch the game...or it can be much more involved....

my goal was to try and help him start finding a commonality.

vctr
03-09-2010, 02:41 PM
I had a CTD issue when I tried running the game in DX9, couldnt even play 2 seconds, works fine with dx10 though. Try changing that?

javadog
03-09-2010, 02:48 PM
excellent suggestion, as well as verifying the DirectX files on the rig.

run 'dxdiag' at your RUN prompt and it will bring up the tool that will run through and verify signatures/files.

udinthrik
03-25-2010, 07:24 AM
the simple fact that some do and some dont means it can be narrowed down.

CTD issues from the group of about 20 i know playing regularly is not happening. and they are a cross section of the world, with most being in the USA/England/West Europe areas...

when im diagnosing these, try and get a 'baseline'. make note of what is running resident, make note of the order you have done things when it does crash...then you try and reproduce it. from there its just a process of narrowing down...

things like these can be something as simple as a browser running with a rich-media content plugin resident and active during the time you launch the game...or it can be much more involved....

my goal was to try and help him start finding a commonality.

enough people are getting the issue that it couldnt have gone unoticed in beta and should have been fixed.