PDA

View Full Version : Rhy's Achievement Guide (v2.0)

Rhylos
03-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Please note the version that this guide was written for. This guide is outdated by over 20 version!

I had to start a new thread because it got too long for one post, and I didn't reserve posts 2 and 3 for future editing. Here it is again in full glory.

I'll be honest, I bought the game for the achievements because I love hunting for them. So after putting in many hours of Nation Red in, I wanted to offer some help to other achievement helpers.

My current achievement progress (51/52): http://steamcommunity.com/id/rhylos/stats/NationRed

I separated the achievements by category and then by order of accomplishment/difficulty. Remember, you must play steam games, not local games, in order to get achievements.

Guide for Nation Red version .62

Mission Achievements

After going through the tutorial, you should go through the missions. They all have the same objective: kill all zombies.

Guardian - complete the point defense mission
This is mission 9. You have to defend a standing zombie from attack. Don't be afraid to take a hit if it means you protect him, as he dies in one hit.

Edit: Video coming soon

Victor - kill all boss type zombies
You'll get this by just going through all the missions.

Winner - complete all the story missions
Self explanatory. After you get this, you unlock strategic mode and auto perk mode. Strategic mode is ideal for getting a lot of achievements.

Untouchable - complete any mission without taking any zombie damage
As you go through all the missions, take note which ones are the shortest, as they are the easiest to get this achievement on.

[Edit1] Now that he mentions it, I think this is the one I got my achievement on:
"Let Them Come" is an extremely easy map to get Untouchable on.

Survival Mode Achievements

Stronghold - Kill 100 zombies in Survival Mode without moving from start of game
Self explanatory. Just keep your fingers off wasd and keep firing till you get it.

Survivor - Survive for more than 2 minutes in survival mode
If you're still new to the game this could be a challenge, but shouldn't take too many tries.

Free Mode Achievements

Stopping Power - Kill 150 running zombies in a single game
This just comes from staying alive longer and longer in free mode. You don't really need to try to get it; it'll come.

American Hero - Kill over 5000 zombies in Free Play in one game
This is tough, but doable. Like the Tough Guy achievement, you'll get this as you get better in the game. As far as perks go, avoid the ones that deal with pickups (like the ghost ones.) The most important perk you want is Regeneration, while Messy and Friendly Fire are very good as well. Perks that increase speed, decrease reload time, and autokill perks are good as well. As for weapons, just about any automatic weapon is good besides the flamethrower and dual uzis (long reload.) The jack hammer, steam hammer, and AK-47 are my prefered weapons, but it's up to you. This will take a lot of tries, and you will die. A lot.

Tough Guy - Kill 1000 zombies in any single game without ever picking a perk
This will cause many frustrations. At first I could only get 200-300 kills before dying, then as I got better I got up to 600-700. Then I finally got past 900...was going good...then somehow I got swarmed and died at 990 kills :o. The weapon I reccomend is the jack hammer, as it has great spread, very powerful, and fast reload. If you prefer machineguns, the MAC-10 is pretty damn good (huge ammo clip, very light, decent killing power,) though the uzi and ak47 are decent as well. The dual uzi is not good because it's heavy and very long reload. General strategy just comes from experience: generally you want to always keep moving and kill what's in front of you, not behind you. Only when you're in the open can you afford to shoot into the crowd, and most importantly: kill the zombies closest to you. That's really all I can say; this will take a lot of tries and you will die. A lot. (Note that if you get too low on health, you can spend all your perks and try to go for the American Hero achievement.)

Moths To The Flame - Set fire to 50 zombies that are being attracted by a Rammer in a single game
This used to be a hard achievement, but with the (relatively) new change that made all drops comepletely random, getting plenty of rammers might not be so bad. Getting a flamethrower to drop however might take a bit more luck. Also note that currently no fire related perk helps with this achievement; it only counts if you use the flamethrower. I'm pretty sure that'll be changed in the future (blaze, firestarter, propane nightmare, and molotovs may be added to count for this achievement.)

Magnet - Collect 10 zombie-attracting Rammers in one game
Could be gotten while trying to get others, but really the best way to get it is to get the Luck and Boss Power perks within the first 5 levels. Used to be very hard, but with the completely random drops it probably won't take long to get it.

Itemizer - Pick up 250 powerups or items in one game
Not much to say other than get the perks powerup hook and snare in order to ensure that you'll get every single drop you see. You'll also need luck and boss power. In the version that introduced this achievement it was a little hard, but in the most current version, the boss rate is significantly higher, so with the boss power perk you'll get a lot more in a shorter time than in the past.

Gut Buster - Decapitate 100 Big Boy zombies in a single game
Any gun but the flamethrower, steam hammer, and grenade launcher can decapitate the big boys. I did it with the AK-47, and I found that running up to each big boy and shooting them at super close range gives a greater chance at decapition. I got this achievement after around 4500 kills, though it may take you up to 8000-9000 kills.

Dive Bomber - In one game dive jump through 100 Zombie Bombers causing them to detonate themselves
The one is tricky for several reasons. First, you have to dive through each bomber. You can't just run up to a bomber and then run away before he blows himself up, and diving through them may put you in a sticky situation. Second, bombers can be killed by other things: bouncing bettys, blaze, dynamite, pnuematic destroyers, friendly fire grenades, turrets, ghosts, or autokill perks like saw blades, hand of god, venom, seekers. I recommend to not get friendly fire, firestarter, or any of the auto killing perks. Hell, you pretty much have to get the Lone Wolf perk to ensure none of them even pop up. And third, bomber spawn rate decreases over time. The rate has been increased in the latest version, but this is still a tricky, hard perk, so good luck.

One Trick Killer- Survive for 30 minutes in a game by only picking one perk and by only picking up a maximum of one new weapon
This is a hard one. Select auto perk mode and have regeneration be your only perk. Start a game and lock your glock until you get a weapon you want. Any weapon is fine, though I'd recommend a weapon with a low kill rate (I did it with the mac-10.) This might take a few frustrating tries...good luck.

Collector - Collect at least 40 perks in a single game
One of the hardest achievements. It'll take around 10,000 kills to reach level 40, and I can't really give much advice except play play play to get better. If you're using random perk mode, you may want to keep restarting until you get messy on the first level.

Barricade Mode Achievements

Cold Blooded- Survive for three attack waves in Barricade Mode without moving
Your best bet is to use strategic mode and get snare as your first perk so that you can grab any gun and powerup that drops. Your biggest concern is to pick off zombies that run for the end and be lucky to not have a Butcher or Machinegun zombie spawn, as those guys can kill you pretty fast. Guns with long range are your best options (AK-47 or jack hammer for me.) Also note that teleporting does not count as moving.

Barricade- Survive for 10 attack waves in Barricade Mode
As with other big achievements, this is just another practice makes perfect achievement. In the first 6 or 7 waves you can probably keep the top two guns full of ammo, but later waves you'll probably be fighting below that. Remote Detonator and Teleport are two important perks, as they allow you to move in between the bottom two gun instantly and you can bomb the zombies when they're tightly packed.

Edit: I haven't played barricade mode in the last few versions so I'm not sure if it's changed much...

Bouncer- Survive 5 waves in Barricade Mode without the lower sentry guns having to fire a single shot
This is a lot harder than it sounds. The first three waves are easy, but 4 and 5 will give you trouble. The important perks are Quick Fingers, Dexterity, Intesity, and one or two movement speed perks (Improved Loadout and Reflexboost are perfect.) Stay at the top and try to keep those guns fully loaded, but not so much that a zombie might slip by. I prefer the jack hammer for this job. Use strategic mode since you probably won't play past wave 5, and you can always check the achievement progress to see if you've failed anywhere along the way.

Blockade- Survive for 15 attack waves in Barricade Mode
This one's tough, and I can't really think of any more advice that I haven't already given already (see the Barricade achievement.) If anyone has any more pointers, please contribute.

Special Case Achievements
All these achievements can be gotten in mission, free play, or barricade mode.

Efficiency - kill at least 10 zombies with one grenade
Get grenades, dive into a mob, and detonate. Also I think a bouncing betty or a rammer with the pnuematic destroyer perk works as well.

Butcher - Get 10 zombies sucked into one Meat Grinder
You'll probably get this the first time you get the meat grinder perk and get a turbine.

Ladies First- Kill 5 female zombies in one streak without killing a single male
Start a free mode game and hold your fire. Run around and be accurate about killing 5 females. There are more than one female models, and you'll have this easily.

Horde - Kill 50 zombies within a ten second period
The pnuematic destroyer perk is probably the easiest way to get this. Otherwise, you'll probably get this without trying. If it's truly that elusive for you, pick up the steam hammer and use that...

Breather- Pick up health then survive 25 seconds in Free Play without damage or firing a single shot
Easily gotten in the begining of free play if you're lucky to get a health drop very early and there's barely any zombies around.

Right-Hand Man- Get ghosts to kill 25 zombies in one streak while killing none yourself
Go for the All 4 Deadly achievement, then stop shooting when you pick up the ghost pickup. However, you could probably still get this with just Fire Team and Mirror Image.

Fire Chief - Burn 800 zombies with the Flame Thrower
Self explanatory.

Execution - Kill at least 250 zombies using sentry guns
Pretty simple, just grab all the sentry guns you find. Tower Defense, Engineer, and Weapon Station also help rack up kills fast.

No Guns - Kill 500 zombies with a melee weapon
Just grab a melee weapon, swing it till you die, and repeat.

Well Supplied - Explode 3 propane gas tanks within a 10-second period
Get a weapon with low spread (no shotguns, steam hammer, aa-12, or jack hammer.) When a propane tank drops, be absolutely sure not to shoot in its general direction. The boss power and luck perks help increase the chances of a tank drop. When you know you have three, run around and gun them down.

Not Addicted - Pick up 10 health power-ups in one game when your health is at 100%
Will probably be gotten from normal play. All the normal perks needed for powerup pickups are recommended in addition to regeneration and armor. If you're having trouble keeping your health at 100%, try using the Lone Wolf perk; the extra movement speed may be just what you need to avoid getting hit.

Payback - Take 2500 zombies down with you using the Vengeance perk
Simple. Just make sure strategic mode is on. Start a mission with a lot of initial zombies, gain one level, get vengeance, dive into the mob, die, repeat. It's faster if you use auto perk mode with just the vengeance perk available.

Flatliner- Bring yourself back to full health after nearly dying with Last Breath
Yet another achievement that you'd probably get from normal playthrough in free play, except last breath isn't normally a perk that's high on my priority list. If you want it fast, start a game in strategic mode, gain a level and get last breath. Get knocked down to death when bullet time activates, then spend the next perks on regeneration and replenish x3. If you still haven't gotten up to full hp, get luck, boss power, powerup hook, and snare and hope that health powerups drop.

Telefrag - Perform 20 grenade teleports
Again, make sure strategic mode is on and get teleport. Kill till you get some grenades and then grenade teleport. Repeat till you do it 20 times.

Explosive Irony - Deal the killing blow to a Grenade Zombie with a grenade
Play mission 10, it's the one with the grenade zombie. Pump him full of lead until he's almost dead, then hope that a zombie will drop grenades. Or this can be done in free play mode; in the later versions bosses have a higher spawn rate, so getting a grenade zombie to come out while you have grenades shouldn't be a big problem.

Cover - Kill 25 zombies while remaining inside one Turbine area
Probably easiest to do in free mode after there are tons of zombies around. When you see the turbine, grab it, stay put, and try to kill as many as possible. The jack hammer and steam hammer are probably the best weapons to use as they have good spread and are very powerful. You can't get this achievement if you have the meat grinder perk. (If you can't seem to get this, get the powerup extender perk so that the turbine lasts longer.)

Death Cheat - Survive 5 minutes with health staying below 25%
You will probably do this unintentionally while playing longer games, but if you can't seem to get it that way, start a game and let the zombies smack you down to very low health, then run around and play normally. If you pick up a health pack, let yourself get hit again, and don't pick regeneration. Shouldn't be too hard.

Too Close For Comfort - Kill 25 Bombers with a Steam Hammer in one game while staying outside their explosion range
Pretty self explanatory. The steam hammer is kind of weak long range, so just keep shooting in the general direction of the bombers.

Flak Jacket - Get hurt by and survive 10 Zombie Bomber explosions in one game
Start a game in free mode with stratetic mode. Basically just run up to bombers and let them explode on you. First perk should be armor (before the first bomber hit) then regeneration. Save your levels and get replenish when necessary; if you can spare perk points get powerup hook and snare (to grab any health that may drop.)

Free Man - Finish off a boss zombie with the crowbar
Requires a bit of luck. You need to get a crowbar when you have a boss at critical health. I got it in free mode on the butcher, but if anyone has a specific mission that's best for it, feel free to speak up.

[Edit1] Actually this sounds much easier:
I got Free Man on mission three by getting the crowbar and using the Death Clock perk when the boss came out.

Arms Dealer - Get at least one kill with every non-melee weapon in one game
This achievement just got a lot harder because of the patch that completely randomized the drops. Probably best to play on Auto Perk mode so that all weapons are automatically unlocked, otherwise you should probably write down all the weapons on a notepad by your computer and check off each one that you got.

Here's a weapon list:
glock 19 (starting weapon)
dual glock
steam hammer
flamethrower
uzi
dual uzi
ak-47
jack hammer
mac-10
.44 magnum
m1014 shotgun
nail gun
m4a1 carbine
12 gauge super shorty
beretta 93r
h&k mp5
aa-12
m79
m240b

Rhylos' 50 - Get 50 achievements, then kill 50 bosses and score 50 million in one game

The only hard part about this one is the getting 50 achievements. Currently there are 52 achievements, so not counting this one you have to get every single achievement except for one...which should be Thinning of the Hoard. Once you get 50 achievements, this shouldn't be too hard then.

Perk Achievements
These achievements are awarded when you pick certain perks and use them accordingly. While they all can be gotten from just just playing Free Play mode with Strategic Mode, you can get them using Random Perk or Auto Perk modes while going for the big achievements like American Hero and Collecter. I'm not going add much comments to them as they're all self explanatory.

All 4 Deadly - Get Fire Team, Mirror Image, Wild Bunch and Mantle of Cover then get a ghost pickup

Demolitions Expert - Get Shrapnel and Remote Detonator then use 10 grenades in one game
Get molotov too for extra fun.

Armory - Stormshield, Regeneration, Armor, Counterblow, Aftershock then survive 10 minutes

Weapons Expert - Get Dexterity, Intensity, Accuracy, Heavy Ammo, Improved Loadout then get 1000 kills
There's actually 6 perks you need to get, since you need Quick Fingers in order to get Dexterity.

Grenadier - Shrapnel and Midair Trigger then get 500 kills with the grenade launcher
In random perk and strategic mode, you have to get the first unlock weapon perk in order to get the grenade launcher.

Boss Hunter - Friendly Fire, Mano a Mano and Boss Power then kill 5 bosses in one game

Chain Reaction - Pick up Friendly Fire and use a Zombie Bomber's explosion to kill two more nearby bombers
Bombers are easy to pick out, so when you see two or more of them, purposefully run in circles around them to get them close together. This achievement is a little buggy in that the game doesn't recognize the first bomber you kill, so instead you need 4 bombers together; kill one, and the other three should die as a result. Do that and the achievement is your's.

Rhylos
Play The Game Achievements
These are just grinder achievmements that you don't have to go out of your way in order to achieve.

Runner - Run a marathon length 26 miles/42 kms
You'll have to try hard to not get this. You'll probably get this while trying for the Tough Guy and American Hero achievements.

Absolute - Kill 250000 zombies
This will take many hours of free play mode to accomplish; you'll get it while you're getting other achieves, but it's still not as bad as...

Thinning the Hoard- Kill 1000000 zombies
Self explanatory. Good thing there are a lot of other achievements to do while working on this.

Rhylos
Guide History

3/10/10 - Created a new topic and incorporated the three post format. Guide is current for the 0.62 version.

Future Updates

New Achievements

SB has confirmed with me that 2 more achievements are in the works that coincide with coop.

Reorganization

What I wanted to do was to catagorize the achievements, and then in each catagory list the achievements from easiest to hardest. This was easy at first but as achievements keep getting added, I've just been adding in achievements in places I think they should go. If anyone has any suggestions on moving achievements to different catagories, please let me know. Here's the current list:

Mission Achievements (This is for achievements that cannot be achieved anywhere except mission mode.)

Guardian
Victor
Winner
Untouchable

Survival Mode Achievements (This is for achievements that cannot be achieved anywhere except survival mode.)

Stronghold
Survivor

Free Mode Achievements (This is for achievements that cannot be achieved anywhere except free mode, not including barricade mode. If any can be done in mission, survival, or barricade modes then it should be moved to the special case achievement catagory.)

Stopping Power
American Hero
Tough Guy
Moths to the Flame
Magnet
Itemizer
Gut Buster
Dive Bomber
One Trick Killer
Collector

Barricade Mode Achievements (Achievements that can only be achieved in barricade mode, no others.)

Cold Blooded
Barricade
Bouncer
Blockade

Special Case (Achievements that can be achieved in any mode)

Efficiency
Butcher
Ladies First
Horde
Breather
Right Hand Man
Fire Chief
Execution
No Guns
Well Supplied
Not Addicted
Payback
Flatliner
Telefrag
Explosive Irony
Cover
Death Cheat
Too Close for Comfort
Flak Jacket
Free Man
Arm's Dealer
Rhylos' 50

Perk Achievements (special case achievements that deal specifically with perks)

All 4 Deadly
Demolitions Expert
Armory
Weapons Expert
Grenadier
Boss Hunter
Chain Reaction

Play the Game Achievements (special case achievements that are achieved in time)

Runner
Absolute
Thinning the Hoard

Pandgames org
03-10-2010, 01:13 PM
VERY NICE! but my brother has once gotten to wave 20 something in barricade mode with this plan. Use random perk mode!

1. Move back - get behind the barrier between the back turrets and upgrade one of these turrets. When behind the barrier bosses dont move or attack.

2. Get mac 10 for the time being.

3. First perks you need - Power up hook and snare. If using AA-12 (which he did use) get things like quick fingers.

4. Slowly get more perks like messy and hand of god. Super power perks like venom and hand of god are very helpful.

5. Gun them down - Shot at the 4 entryways one at a time. When between waves upgrade/refill the turrets.

6. Don't be afraid to refill the turrets during the rounds. You just have to shoot at an angle and you will kill everything that goes for ether doorway.

Doing this got me the 100% health achievement, the 5000 kill achievement, The 150 running zombie achievement, survive 10/15 waves, and we had between 97 and 99 kills for gut buster 2 :(. Hope this helps!

CyberSoniX
05-15-2010, 02:11 PM
I just had a real problem getting "bouncer" in warehouse barricade, until I found out that not only the 2 existing sentries are not allowed to shoot, but sentries at all. Whenever you pick up a sentry extra and it shoots, it screws the achievement.

Morter
08-18-2010, 03:57 PM
I just tried survivor and didn't move at all but didn't get the achievement. I got 110 kills and touched only the mouse. But I did kick sometimes too between reloads. Is this supposed to happen?

Thor-Stryker
08-23-2010, 03:10 PM
@Morter "I just tried survivor and didn't move at all but didn't get the achievement. I got 110 kills and touched only the mouse. But I did kick sometimes too between reloads. Is this supposed to happen?"
Kicking is fine (and required.) However, be aware that zombies will move you if they get too close. I've had many frustrating moments where a running zombie doesn't hit me, but slid my character over a few feet.

For those attempting Too Close For Comfort Your kills wont be awarded if you destroy bombers at max range. Instead, you need to kill them just outside of their explosion range. Which is about 2/3rds of the distance from the Steamhammer's max distance.

Substar
09-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Awesome guide! This should be a sticky!

Rhylos
09-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Nah, this should just die out...it's way outdated and I don't really play this game anymore =\

Beezy
09-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Regarding the "Butcher" achievement.

I've played quite a bit, and I've never seen the "meat grinder" perk.

The only turbine enhancing perk I've seen is "Come Closer".

Syncourt
09-07-2010, 11:05 AM
You get Meat Grinder as an upgrade after picking Come Closer. Makes the turbine suck in the zombies and damage them.

Morter
10-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Any tips for getting the "Kill 100 zombies without moving" achievement? Apparently it counts when zombies touch and move you? Unless you can do this in co-op, I don't see it feasible to kill 100 zombies before they even reach you, especially when they come from all over...:(

Syncourt
10-19-2010, 04:31 AM
Thing I had to do was get really used to kicking. Once you get it downpat you can hold off anything that gets in between your reloads. I can't say for sure, but barricade could quite possibly be harder now than what it was when I got mine. Can't remember if I got it before or after the increase for barricade difficulty.

It would definitely be somewhat harder though as levels are much harder to acquire in the current version (In this version I get at most 1/4 of the level I used to get in the old version). But Snow said this will be adjusted soon.

SnowBrigade
10-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Hello Morter,

Yes you're right this achievement is very difficult at this moment but it will work as expected in the next update. Right now it's based on distance and it will instead be based on user input. This is because the game initially didn't allow the zombies to push you around as much as they can do now.

It is possible to get the achievement now, but it is very hard since you're only allowed to move a small distance before the achievement is 'lost'.

CyberSoniX
04-03-2011, 04:03 AM
Dive Bomber - In one game dive jump through 100 Zombie Bombers causing them to detonate themselves
The one is tricky for several reasons. First, you have to dive through each bomber. You can't just run up to a bomber and then run away before he blows himself up, and diving through them may put you in a sticky situation. Second, bombers can be killed by other things: bouncing bettys, blaze, dynamite, pnuematic destroyers, friendly fire grenades, turrets, ghosts, or autokill perks like saw blades, hand of god, venom, seekers. I recommend to not get friendly fire, firestarter, or any of the auto killing perks. Hell, you pretty much have to get the Lone Wolf perk to ensure none of them even pop up. And third, bomber spawn rate decreases over time. The rate has been increased in the latest version, but this is still a tricky, hard perk, so good luck.

The best place to do this one is in the mission BODYGUARDS. There are lots of these bombers.

bassmaster
04-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Hey I was trying to do some achievements and was going to try armory:
Armory
Stormshield, Regeneration, Armor, Counterblow, Aftershock then survive 10 minutes
but I couldn't find the stormshield perk, so how to get it?

SnowBrigade
04-05-2011, 04:27 AM
Hey I was trying to do some achievements and was going to try armory:

but I couldn't find the stormshield perk, so how to get it?

Hello bassmaster,

Good catch. The Stormshield perk was replaced by the Stronghold perk in the last patch so that's the one you need instead:)

I will change the achievement description now.

bassmaster
04-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Hello bassmaster,

Good catch. The Stormshield perk was replaced by the Stronghold perk in the last patch so that's the one you need instead:)

I will change the achievement description now.

Thanks for the info.

Great dev and support :D.

Friendliest
04-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Probably best to play on Auto Perk mode so that all weapons are automatically unlocked

wait what does this mean?

are they not all available, normally? (random perk mode?)

se05239
04-14-2011, 12:23 AM
wait what does this mean?

are they not all available, normally? (random perk mode?)

Rhylos havent updated this achievement guide for a while.. Some of the stuff he has written here has been change.

inspiral66
11-05-2011, 08:18 PM
I have a question about the Walker achievement and thought I'd use this thread as there may be a lot of new people who are not aware it exists. Much of the info/advice in the earlier comments is still helpful.

Anyway, the Walker achievement. I'm not quite sure what unlocks it. I just beat the mission on the first silver star level but the achievement did not unlock as I hoped. When will it unlock, when I've beaten all five silver stars and unlocked gold? It seems strange phrasing - "Complete the Walker mission on any silver or gold level." Silver OR gold? But if completing it on a silver level unlocks it then how can you unlock it on gold as well? You can't bypass the silver levels, can you? I'm confused.

Jim Fear
11-05-2011, 08:35 PM
I have a question about the Walker achievement...

I recently got this achievement myself, and it unlocked after the SECOND time I beat the mission on Silver.

As for it being "Silver or Gold" mission, I think it's just a mistake. Though maybe Snow can clear that up for us...

*edit* 100 posts- woot ;)

CaptainDingo
11-05-2011, 10:32 PM
First 100, then before you know it, it's 5,000.

inspiral66
11-06-2011, 07:32 AM
I recently got this achievement myself, and it unlocked after the SECOND time I beat the mission on Silver.

As for it being "Silver or Gold" mission, I think it's just a mistake. Though maybe Snow can clear that up for us...

*edit* 100 posts- woot ;)

Yep, you're right, it just unlocked on my second silver star. Another achievement for my ever-growing collection. :)

inspiral66
11-12-2011, 03:47 AM
It's a pity this guide isn't being updated anymore, but FWIW I think the guys made a mistake when they said the best mission to get the Untoucahable achievement is 'Let Them Come'. That's quite a tough night time level where you have to take down Brawler with a pistol, whereas the one after, 'Bite Down' is much a easier and shorter level. I suspect they were getting the two mixed up.

And I have another question! The 'Maximum' achievement. Kill one of each boss type without your health dropping below 100%. Now, is this an accumulative achievement, i.e. can I kill the bosses in separate games? Or do I have to take six boss types in one game without losing any health? I think I can manage the former but the latter...probably not. And if it is accumulative, is there any chance of adding a progress bar to the stats/achievements page?

SnowBrigade
11-12-2011, 09:24 AM
It's a pity this guide isn't being updated anymore, but FWIW I think the guys made a mistake when they said the best mission to get the Untoucahable achievement is 'Let Them Come'. That's quite a tough night time level where you have to take down Brawler with a pistol, whereas the one after, 'Bite Down' is much a easier and shorter level. I suspect they were getting the two mixed up.

Hello inspiral,

You're right about that mission btw.

And I have another question! The 'Maximum' achievement. Kill one of each boss type without your health dropping below 100%. Now, is this an accumulative achievement, i.e. can I kill the bosses in separate games? Or do I have to take six boss types in one game without losing any health?

It's in one game, I'm afraid:)

If it would be in seperate games, it would be pretty easy, you'd probably get the achievement without even trying which isn't that interesting.

Maximum along with 3 or 4 others (such as Boogeymonster, Ton of Bullets) are the hardest of all the achievements.

inspiral66
11-12-2011, 05:31 PM
If it would be in seperate games, it would be pretty easy, you'd probably get the achievement without even trying which isn't that interesting.

Maximum along with 3 or 4 others (such as Boogeymonster, Ton of Bullets) are the hardest of all the achievements.

Wow, I'll give it a miss then. I've got 68 achievements so far, so I reckon there are still a few within my ability without losing my hair.:)

luciferb
12-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Is it just me, or do I die more because of the game screwing me over, by making me pick up stupid melee weapons on higher waves. And don't say I should pay more attention to where I'm going, sometimes you're surrounded and one of the zombies right next to you drop a f%^&ing machete, then I am overtaken. I don't think auto weapon switch should apply when you have a superior weapon. It's a way for the game to screw you!

mustymustaine
12-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Is it just me, or do I die more because of the game screwing me over, by making me pick up stupid melee weapons on higher waves. And don't say I should pay more attention to where I'm going, sometimes you're surrounded and one of the zombies right next to you drop a f%^&ing machete, then I am overtaken. I don't think auto weapon switch should apply when you have a superior weapon. It's a way for the game to screw you!

You can lock weapons. ;)

SnowBrigade
12-17-2012, 10:28 AM

Hello luciferb,

mustymustaine is right, you can easily lock weapons to avoid picking up what you don't want. Otherwise you would be right that picking up a melee weapon mid-game wouldn't be the best thing:D

Check this sticky: Once you know how to use weapon lock and weapon switch, you can put a M79 grenade launcher as your secondary weapon. Get the Rage Unlimited perk, switch to the M79 and your high score should increase a lot.

Weapon Lock Sticky (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1018796)

luciferb
01-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Lol, thanks guys. That is a tremendous help. Guess I should do a little more homework before blaming the game, heh heh.