PDA

View Full Version : Convert old models to source

mooesmoo
03-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi. I would like to know if someone could convert or help me convert the old models from 1.3 to source.

Thx.

RedRogueXIII
03-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Learn how to compile for source, then learn how to decompile goldsrc models. Take the decompiled goldsrc models and do some change to the qc for the source engine and compile it.

To get the DOD:S hands on the goldsrc models, you need to learn a 3D animation app though.

mooesmoo
03-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Some time ago i did decompile and compile the old sten mk2.But i dont remember how i did it.Thats why i ask if someone can help me or do it.

Regards

ps:if u know how to do it could u help me

RedRogueXIII
03-10-2010, 01:51 PM
De compiling Source models (Needs Source SDK):
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Animating_Weapons_for_Counter-Strike_Source/Decompiling_the_Default_Model

De compiling goldsrc models:
Download this tool and run it from command line, or create a .bat scipt
http://www.moddb.com/games/half-life/downloads/mdldecexe-path-for-hlmv-decompile-model

Read up on qc commands, so you know what ya need to write:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Qc

Compiling a source model:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Compiling_a_model

Learn to Google more.

mooesmoo
03-10-2010, 02:02 PM
i know how to google. As i told in the main title, im looking for someone to help me do it.

THx anyways for the info

Valteq
03-11-2010, 11:27 AM
RedRogueXIII has just helped you by providing you with these useful links, so it seems that you would rather just have someone do it for you rather than receive some guidance and do it yourself. Next time be more clear in your original post where you specified that you would like someone to "convert OR help me convert".

RedRogueXIII, thanks for that first link that you posted. I found it very useful to fill in some gaps that other tutorials had left me wondering about in the animation department in XSI to Source. This will be applied to my LCVP (Landing Craft) that I am adding in to V for Victory to allow for animated rudder, propeller, and steering wheel.

mooesmoo
03-11-2010, 11:36 AM
I said thx for the links. What i asked is if someone wanted to convert them or help me. By help i mean if someone wanted to do it with me, i can convert some stuff but have problems compiling and with animations.

I will be more specific next time.

Regards

Valteq
03-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Well if you have any problems with compiling feel free to hit me up, I've been doing a lot of work with QC's lately and have run into a number of errors that I have had to overcome. As far as the animations go, I'm still a bit of a noob as well. I recommend you download XSI Mod Tool and start fiddling around with it as I'm doing at the moment.

mooesmoo
03-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Ok thx. Will try to make it by myself.Have you had any luck doin something similar as what im going to do?

Thx and regards

Valteq
03-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Can't say that I have, sorry. Good luck!

mooesmoo
03-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Ive started decompiling the models and the first problem is the models size on the old weapons. I dont know if i should put the old weapons and change them for the news ones, or change everything including the hands. I preffer the second thing,problem is the animations for the hands.

Regards

PS: is there a way just to put the old model with the old animations and compile it for source?

mooesmoo
03-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Unless you have done thousand of this , this ♥♥♥♥ is crazy.:(

Guyver.
03-11-2010, 07:03 PM
The old animations won't work in Source, anyway.

RedRogueXIII
03-11-2010, 10:02 PM
The animations work fine in source, it is the same data after all.
It's just a pain in the ♥♥♥ to rig the source hands onto the old hands.

You can get the skins working in source without even opening a modeling app or owning a goldsource game. No need to adjust rotations/ scaling etc, ya just gotta adjust the origins.

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq148/redroguexiii/Screenshots/th_dod_anzio0000-1.png (http://s442.photobucket.com/albums/qq148/redroguexiii/Screenshots/?action=view&current=dod_anzio0000-1.png)

I don't have time to do a full tutorial, atm.

-Decompile the Goldsrc.
-Write a Source style .qc ( Or decompile a source model for and example minus all the hitbox crap) Use all the same sequences and refs.
-Convert all yer sounds etc. Time the animations properly.
-Compile for source.
-Convert all the textures into vtfs and write corresponding vmts.
-Adjust the origins after test runs in game
-Do the attachments (Muzzleflash, shell eject etc.) -> http://www.cdg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=55812

All that can be done without ever opening a 3d package. Only needs the source SDK, game, text editor and the goldsrc decompiler.

With a 3D app, you can change the arms to DOD:S, and remove the FOV corrective scaling that's been applied to most DOD models.

mooesmoo
03-11-2010, 10:42 PM
OMg you are my hero. please when u have time can u do a full tutorial?

thx thx thx

PS:Can you please post the QC you used for that model you did, so i can use it as reference.THx

Guyver.
03-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I meant old animations as in (for example) the 1.3 MP40 animations...they need a punch animation to work in DoD:S. Correct?

mooesmoo
03-12-2010, 01:00 AM
First step is to put the models ingame the i guess i could redo the anims,but first i wanna learn what RedRogueXIII did.

RedRogueXIII is you could post the QC file i will really appreciate it.Or when u have time,pls do a tutorial.

Thx

PS: scripts/game_sounds_manifest.txt and materialsystem.dll error are killing me when i try to compile

RedRogueXIII
03-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Well any special animations that the old compiles don't have, won't play properly, but it won't stop ya from compiling it. And if you can animate then ya can load up the reference smds into a 3d app and whip up the missing animation.

Didn't bother with the animations / sounds.
$cd "D:\My Documents\My Compiles\GOLDSRC\dod\models"
$modelname "weapons\v_garand.mdl"
$model "gun" "ref_1.smd"
$model "gun2" "ref_2.smd"
$cdmaterials "models\weapons\v_models\tests\"
//$cdmaterials "models\weapons\v_models\hands\"
$texturegroup skinfamilies
{
{
"axis_sleeve.vmt"
}
{
"brit_para_sleeve.vmt"
}
}
// Model uses material "v_bazooka_rocket.vmt"
// Model uses material "v_bazooka.vmt"
// Model uses material "v_axis_sleeve.vmt"
// Model uses material "v_hand.vmt"
// Model uses material "us_sleeve.vmt"
//$attachment "0" "ValveBiped.bazooka_BASE" -3.20 0.00 25.00 rotate -90.00 90.00 0.00
$origin 3 0 4
$surfaceprop "default"
$illumposition 11.928 -0.084 -30.368
$sequence idle "idle" ACT_VM_IDLE 1 fps 30.00
$sequence draw "draw" ACT_VM_DRAW 1 fps 35.00 {
{ event 5004 2 "Weapon_Grenade.Draw" }
}

//$sequence aimed "stab" ACT_VM_PRIMARYATTACK 1 fps 30.00
$sequence launch "shoot" ACT_VM_PRIMARYATTACK 1 fps 35.00 {
{ event 5001 1 "71" }
}

$sequence reload_aimed "reload" ACT_VM_RELOAD 1 fps 30.00 {
{ event 5004 1 "Player.ReloadRustle" }
{ event 5004 30 "Weapon_Bazooka.ClipIn" }
{ event 5004 31 "Weapon_Bazooka.Draw" }
}

$sequence reload_idle "reload_long" ACT_VM_RELOAD 1 fps 30.00 {
{ event 5004 1 "Player.ReloadRustle" }
{ event 5004 30 "Weapon_Bazooka.ClipIn" }
{ event 5004 31 "Weapon_Bazooka.Draw" }
}

mooesmoo
03-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Thx for the info and the QC RedRogueXIII. I end up compiling the models correctly some hours before you posted this QC, i should have waited hehe. But well, what came out of all this is.

1. Can we compile models from the old dod to the new one?

Yes

2. Can we make them look good and with correct animations?

No

So the only solution to get something similar is to get the first models from the first dod source beta, and since that is not happening, no new stuff on this.

Anyways, thx everyone for your time, is always good to learn how to compile and decompile models.

Thx and regards

Guyver.
03-12-2010, 03:24 PM
If by first dod source beta, you mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lynb1vy_9w

Those are the exact same models (and animations) that are found in DoD 1.3