PDA

View Full Version : BF BC2 ping problem

marmy
03-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi all!
2 days ago I started to have a problem:
At the begining, when I log to any server in Bf BC2 I have like 190 ping. Then after 5min or even less the ping starts to rise. And in 1min. it reaches 999!
And every time I go play this happens.

I'dd relly aprishiate it, if anyone could give me some advice!

Thak you!

Falco16
03-11-2010, 08:51 AM
First are you using a wireless card?

Second servers really are having problems as of late. The server says my ping is 40 when I join and in the 200s on the leader board. Pretty sure the in game ping is not working like it should be.

SIFU
03-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Hi all!
2 days ago I started to have a problem:
At the begining, when I log to any server in Bf BC2 I have like 190 ping. Then after 5min or even less the ping starts to rise. And in 1min. it reaches 999!
And every time I go play this happens.

I'dd relly aprishiate it, if anyone could give me some advice!

Thak you!
no idea but this happened to me on like day one 2 or 3 timess,it seemed to be on the server end and that is now fix for me..hope it gets worked out for you if its defferint.:)

Im just sayen my clan runs a few servers an they have had there far share of probs..

marmy
03-11-2010, 09:04 AM
No I don't think so. I am connected by cable. But I do have a rooter.
And the thing is the first 3 days of playing BF BC2...I did't had this problems.
Btw. ty so much for the help you've given me so far.

AmatoL
03-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Nub question but, on the scoreboard you have k/d on the left, something, then score, what is that something ?
If you say it's ping then it isn't working properly, as it seems is already known :/
Obviously the browser titles are garbled so I can't tell.

Ketam1ne
03-11-2010, 09:22 AM
First are you using a wireless card?

Second servers really are having problems as of late. The server says my ping is 40 when I join and in the 200s on the leader board. Pretty sure the in game ping is not working like it should be.

Somone explained this to me, so this might not make sense since I'm relaying it..
But the ping we all see, is your true ping. dice went with this system because all the 'hardcore' gamers have adapted to it

other games use a modifier to make it smaller..like when you have a 60 ping .
I don't know the conversion at all, but when I join a 15-32ping server, mine is around 150 and that's a good ping

but then im confused as to why it's only like this for ingame and not the server browser

marmy
03-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Yes. That's the ping. I know its not exact but when it shows 999 its like playing slide show. So it is showing the ''picture'' Low or high (999 is defenetly correct)

Zullizi
04-05-2010, 02:25 AM
You can try this to solve the ping 999 problem:

While playing go to the taskmanager and give the BFBC2Game.exe "below normal" or "low".

Seems that the BFBC2Game.exe steals the ressources of another process.

Hope this works for you!