PDA

View Full Version : recording programs

LosTracE
03-11-2010, 11:08 AM
what program do you use to record BC2 gameplay?

Ketam1ne
03-11-2010, 11:09 AM
www.fraps.com

Kalabalana
03-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I hope they incorporate a demo program in game.

blaad
03-11-2010, 11:14 AM
jeez... i thought everyone knew about fraps. Its the only program that offers highest quality recording. No other game recorder comes close to quality

Larry1212
03-11-2010, 11:17 AM
WeGame ('http://www.wegame.com/download/'). It's brilliant! 100% free, not as demanding as fraps, easy to upload, has a built in converter and has great quality. I use it and I have to say i'm surprised not as many people know about it as they do fraps.

Linx1339
03-11-2010, 11:17 AM
jeez... i thought everyone knew about fraps. Its the only program that offers highest quality recording. No other game recorder comes close to quality

Xfire recorder is just as good. But somehow for me when I record a video for several minutes the sound gets a little bit off. On the other hand, fraps doesnt even record sound for me..

BaronGT
03-11-2010, 11:19 AM
WeGame ('http://www.wegame.com/download/'). It's brilliant! 100% free, not as demanding as fraps, easy to upload, has a built in converter and has great quality. I use it and I have to say i'm surprised not as many people know about it as they do fraps.

Oo neat, I'm going to try that. You say it has a smaller footprint than fraps?

Larry1212
03-11-2010, 11:20 AM
I recorded this ('http://www.wegame.com/watch/battlefield-bad-company-2-truck-vs-chopper/') using the WeGame client. It only allows 30FPS screen capture but, imo, that's more than enough especially considering the quality it delivers(Just make sure you choose HD recording in the settings and not "Web recording") and it's free.

Actually this multiplayer ('http://www.wegame.com/watch/battlefield-bad-company-2-medic/') is probably a better representation than the single player(I get huge screen tear in single player).

BaronGT
03-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I recorded this ('http://www.wegame.com/watch/battlefield-bad-company-2-truck-vs-chopper/') using the WeGame client. It only allows 30FPS screen capture but, imo, that's more than enough especially considering the quality it delivers(Just make sure you choose HD recording in the settings and not "Web recording") and it's free.

Does it limit your actual FPS to 30, or just the video?

Also, does it grab system sound too, or just in game sound?

Larry1212
03-11-2010, 11:28 AM
It just limits the video to 30FPS and yes, it grabs the system sound too. In the multiplayer video the music being played is from WMP.

BaronGT
03-11-2010, 11:28 AM
It just limits the video to 30FPS and yes, it grabs the system sound too. In the multiplayer video the music being played is from WMP.

Awesome! I'm trying it tonight. +rep

blaad
03-11-2010, 11:30 AM
but once again, wegame's quality is below par. I've used it a few times and it has really poor quality

Larry1212
03-11-2010, 11:31 AM
The only problem I have with it is the squares you sometimes see while aiming in BF:BC2. It's hardly noticable but if you're a quality freak it might seriously get to you.

Kalabalana
03-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Ingame video recorders lag your system and take up vast amounts of space.

An ingame demo recorder is the best option, a 60 meg files records everyone's movement, and all game action for an hour or so. Plus it can be slowed down, sped up, you can change video settings, alternate views, etc.

I'm not sure when game developers stopped including this tool in games, but it was a silly mistake. Especially since the recording has nearly no overhead in games.

Best yet, if there was a tool for it, you could have your entire game recorded in a perfect set frame amount for perfect videos. Same way CG movies are produced, frame by frame.

Pyromenace
03-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Does it limit your actual FPS to 30, or just the video?

Also, does it grab system sound too, or just in game sound?

Just the video I think

Crest
03-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Ingame video recorders lag your system and take up vast amounts of space.

An ingame demo recorder is the best option, a 60 meg files records everyone's movement, and all game action for an hour or so. Plus it can be slowed down, sped up, you can change video settings, alternate views, etc.

I'm not sure when game developers stopped including this tool in games, but it was a silly mistake. Especially since the recording has nearly no overhead in games.

Best yet, if there was a tool for it, you could have your entire game recorded in a perfect set frame amount for perfect videos. Same way CG movies are produced, frame by frame.

It seems Valve is the only one continuing to support the recorder in engine. Unfortunately, they did take out the Host_Framerate in their newest L4D and L4D2 though.

Man Who Stares
03-11-2010, 11:50 AM
gonna test wegame today

ciarlo2006
03-11-2010, 11:58 AM
If you have a fast enough harddrive then fraps is the perfect tool.

Wegame, xfire, gamecam are all good for people that don't want the better quality, or don't know that fraps records full uncompressed video.

i.e. it gives very high bitrate, depending on the dimentions it can be around 100mb+ a second. (bitrate not size)

If your planning on editing then go for fraps.

But if your just planning on recording and putting on youtube or something, then I suggest playclaw. It seems to be the better alternative I've tried up to now.

Kalabalana
03-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Just so everyone knows, fraps, and other video recorder programs, lag your system considerably.

You will not, get the same FPS when running one of these programs.