PDA

View Full Version : THQ STORE [UK]

Max3D
03-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Anybody had an email or anything about this?

I purchased but have not received anything and now its 00:01.

Also does anybody know if i can use codes for my STEAM and get wargear for steam aswell.?

ty

General Frags
03-11-2010, 05:11 PM
The website store may operate at different times i.e. check in the morning for the key if not email them, the wargear code can only be used on GFWL not Steam and the games CD key must be used on Steam not GFWL.

Sepulch
03-11-2010, 05:40 PM
I bought it too at the THQ UK shop, have not received any key so far.
Extremely disappointed,I got a day off at work and imagined myself trying this new expansion after midnight. Is it that hard for a shop or in this case even the publisher's shop to hold true of the advertisement?

Max3D
03-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I bought it too at the THQ UK shop, have not received any key so far.
Extremely disappointed,I got a day off at work and imagined myself trying this new expansion after midnight. Is it that hard for a shop or in this case even the publisher's shop to hold true of the advertisement?

true that my friend

Your activation code will be sent to you upon the game’s release on the 11-03-2010 23:00.

Its far past that time :d and still no email.

ZIO4
03-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Actually it was 18 minutes ago, and I have mine now.

Hopefully yours is there also.

Max3D
03-11-2010, 06:29 PM
nope still no email :(

ZIO4
03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
I'd suggest contacting their support.

ZIO4
03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
If you've already updated your Dawn of War 2, the download is 1mb in size.

Max3D
03-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Hmmm, ye updated DOW2

But waiting for key to active my choas stuff :D..

p.s have emailed them but its went to some GAMES PLANET crap.

what the else! thq off-loading again!

ZIO4
03-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Yeah weirded me out at first also but its correct.
Must hire the store or something.

Max3D
03-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah weirded me out at first also but its correct.
Must hire the store or something.

yeah thye all seem to these days.

Even games one is hired.

ForrestFox
03-11-2010, 07:23 PM
damnit,, ah well, at least its not just me thats been a bit tricked here :(
I'm still waiting for the mail. I've allready sent a mail to the support to see whats going on and if I should cansel my purchase throught them and buy through steam instead, but hopefully I'll have the game by tomorrow if I go to sleep now :P

Best luck to you all, and happy gaming :)

ForrestFox
03-11-2010, 07:26 PM
OH NOES!! I've been tricked!!

"How to download and install
1- Downloading and installing

For a quicker and safer download, we recommend to do as follows:

1 - If you do not already have a download manager installed on your machine may we suggest the freeware, Free Download Manager, install it with the default options.
2 - Create a folder with the name of your game on your desktop or somewhere with enough disk space.
3 - Launch Free Download Manager and click on the "+" button in the top left. Copy the link of the File 1 below and paste it in the URL box in the 'add download' window that opened.
4 - In the "Save to Folder" box choose the folder that you created in step 2. Click on OK to start the download, once the download has finished repeat steps 3 and 4 for all the files to download etc...
5 - When you have downloaded all your files, double click on the .exe file to start the installation.

There is no download link for Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising available. Please contact support.thq-eshop@gamesplanet.com.

To avoid fraud, you can only download your game 0 times. If you need more downloads, please contact our customer support at support.thq-eshop@gamesplanet.com indicating your purchase number () and the e-mail address you used to carry out the purchase. Note you can also save the files of the game you have downloaded to a CD or DVD. "

Now, its bad that there is no download link to actually download the game,,, BUT ITS EVEN WORSE THAT I'M NOT ALLOWED TO DOWNLOAD IT AT ALL IN THE FIRST PLACE!! "you can only download your game 0 times"!! 8(

Max3D
03-11-2010, 07:29 PM
OH NOES!! I've been tricked!!

"How to download and install
1- Downloading and installing

For a quicker and safer download, we recommend to do as follows:

1 - If you do not already have a download manager installed on your machine may we suggest the freeware, Free Download Manager, install it with the default options.
2 - Create a folder with the name of your game on your desktop or somewhere with enough disk space.
3 - Launch Free Download Manager and click on the "+" button in the top left. Copy the link of the File 1 below and paste it in the URL box in the 'add download' window that opened.
4 - In the "Save to Folder" box choose the folder that you created in step 2. Click on OK to start the download, once the download has finished repeat steps 3 and 4 for all the files to download etc...
5 - When you have downloaded all your files, double click on the .exe file to start the installation.

There is no download link for Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising available. Please contact support.thq-eshop@gamesplanet.com.

To avoid fraud, you can only download your game 0 times. If you need more downloads, please contact our customer support at support.thq-eshop@gamesplanet.com indicating your purchase number () and the e-mail address you used to carry out the purchase. Note you can also save the files of the game you have downloaded to a CD or DVD. "

Now, its bad that there is no download link to actually download the game,,, BUT ITS EVEN WORSE THAT I'M NOT ALLOWED TO DOWNLOAD IT AT ALL IN THE FIRST PLACE!! "you can only download your game 0 times"!! 8(

WAT!!!?? :D haha thats terrible man.

Dam steam, they are good when they dont screw us over. shame they so overpriced.

ZIO4
03-11-2010, 07:35 PM
This is why I made sure that my original confirmation letter went through when I never received one.

Anyways there are download links but they are pretty much useless since it activates over steam.

ForrestFox
03-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Thats not Steam, thats the mail I got from THQ e-shop when I selected it to recend my purchase mail.
I just copy/pasted the juicy part of the whole mail. I'll presume its incorrect and that I'll actually be allowed as many downloads as I want :P

ZIO4
03-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Ha 6 times unless you ask them for more. Pointless with Steam though.

Download and Install Dawn of War II Chaos Rising - THQ STORE :

Here are the game’s files to be downloaded:

File no.1
File no.2

To avoid frauds, you can download these files for a maximum of 6 times. If you need new download attempts, please contact our customer support support.THQ@gamesplanet.com with your order number and the email address used for the purchase. Note that you can save the downloaded files, even burn them to a CD or DVD.

You will find below the various keys that you will have to use after activating your game.
(Please refer to the install guide given at the start of this email in order to know when to use each key).