PDA

View Full Version : Can't Initialize Game?

Paddles
03-11-2010, 10:03 PM
I installed it all fine and i am trying to run it.

Anybody else get this error?

It loads perfectly fine and goes through all the crap at the start just before i hit the main menu it gives me this error.

System:

Windows 7 Home Premium.
NVIDIA X275GTX
4 Gig of DDR3 RAM
Intel Core I5 750.

I think my computer should run it fine since the requirements are pretty low. SO i doubt that my graphics, ram or CPU is the problem. Might be Windows?

asmotaku
03-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Try to reinstall OpenAL.

There's an exe for this purpose in the app's folder ( Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\im not alone\oalinst.exe ).

Then, from the very same directory, launch S2Config.exe and if all went right, you should see an "Audio" section at the end of the list. If not... I'm of no help here.

Paddles
03-12-2010, 05:52 PM
I got a little bit further that time.

I did all you said and i still got the same error but it did do something before i got the error.

My resolution changed so it's obviously something else missing in there.

I'll work it out thanks for the advice though it did work.

gijas04
03-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Try to reinstall OpenAL.

There's an exe for this purpose in the app's folder ( Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\im not alone\oalinst.exe ).

Then, from the very same directory, launch S2Config.exe and it all went right, you should see an "Audio" section at the end of the list. If not... I'm of no help here.

Had same problem but did as u said and got it to work. Thanks.

dagizz
03-18-2010, 01:20 AM
Hey everyone! Just bought/downloaed the game Im not Alone, but after the two intro screens the game crashes to desktop with the message ; Error, cannot initialize the game

anyone else having this problem??

:(

Arctic Ice
03-18-2010, 02:55 AM
I'm moving this thread to the "i'm not alone" forum of this board and merging it with a few other posts that may be of help to you.

Good luck getting the game to work!

dagizz
03-18-2010, 04:40 AM
Try to reinstall OpenAL.

Then, from the very same directory, launch S2Config.exe and if all went right, you should see an "Audio" section at the end of the list. If not... I'm of no help here.

it worked! THX a LOT! :D now i can enjoy my two days off work with Im not Alone :D

also thx to Admin for moving my post here <3 :D

jupiknight
04-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm having the same problem. Sorry for being dumb, but where is this OpenAL thing D:?