PDA

View Full Version : The M95 Barret .50cal Sniper Rifle

somethingawful
03-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Rough quote on the desc if i remembered it correctly -
"Anti-Material and Counter-Sniper operations(bs)"

m95 - thicker scope lining compared to m24(bigger is better, dosen't apply to everything)
- slower bolt-action
- this gun is big as f on your model, i think that' a disadvantage
- The sound it produces is like an automatic pantie dropper

Why didn't they put this as a first sniper rifle?
Tell me things that an M24 couldn't do that this thing could.

Oh and remember we're obviously talking about a game here, so don't tell me things that i already know about specs of a m95 vs m24 in RL.

DJRenegade
03-12-2010, 09:43 AM
i dunno but i seem to kill more people with the m95, or i can get chest shots ank kill people more often :)

bcreps85
03-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Damage is almost exactly the same and the M24 is faster with better scope.

The only advantage I've noticed with the M95 is that it can shoot people through thin things like fences better...sure it can shoot through armor to hit pilots and whatnot, but hitting a chopper pilot is very rare anyway, so yeah this gun is a fail for being the last unlock IMHO.

NorthStar462
03-12-2010, 09:47 AM
You can take down choppers with it with enough hits. Probably quads and humvees too. Thus the "anti-material" part.

Smasher4ya
03-12-2010, 09:50 AM
You can take down choppers with it with enough hits. Probably quads and humvees too. Thus the "anti-material" part.

those can be taken easily with the M9 pistol...unless you talk about BF2.

NorthStar462
03-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Good luck hitting them across the map with an M9.

Batman Runner
03-12-2010, 10:09 AM
m95 is in same category as mounted machine guns
it can kill apache and hind with enough hits

LMGs and the rest just cant

Knyte
03-12-2010, 10:16 AM
m95 is in same category as mounted machine guns
it can kill apache and hind with enough hits

LMGs and the rest just cant

Which is stupid, because any 7.62mm LMG should be able to mess up a chopper with less than a single box of ammo.

somethingawful
03-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Which is stupid, because any 7.62mm LMG should be able to mess up a chopper with less than a single box of ammo.

Don't start. Enough with the real life comparison.

Rhodsie
03-12-2010, 10:25 AM

Especially since the minigun on the BH shoots 7.62 as well and it hurts helicopters.

zargh
03-12-2010, 10:29 AM
it takes down UAVs in 1 shot, which is pretty nice if u just switch to recon to get that damn thing down :d

also has least bullet drop (cant prove it but read it/experienced it myself)

1shots ppl in the chest within 40 yards, which isnt all that rare to encounter as a recon as you think

I agree on the horrible scope though, the lines are way too thick

Phil_Ayceao
03-12-2010, 10:31 AM

^This.

because when I think about the reality of something... I turn on my computer? wait... what?

somethingawful
03-12-2010, 11:21 AM
it takes down UAVs in 1 shot, which is pretty nice if u just switch to recon to get that damn thing down :d
-Now that's a point over m24

also has least bullet drop (cant prove it but read it/experienced it myself)
-I've tested all sniper rifle. All shooting at a wall in exact spot and exact range. Made a video to compare all rifle/range to make sure it's all accurate - All bullet drop is the same. (maybe u "experience" less bullet drop because a m95 scope is bigger? I duno)

1shots ppl in the chest within 40 yards, which isnt all that rare to encounter as a recon as you think
-Didn't know that as i only used m95 for one ticket/life. So that's +1 points over m24 again

analyst88
03-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Damage is almost exactly the same and the M24 is faster with better scope.

The only advantage I've noticed with the M95 is that it can shoot people through thin things like fences better...sure it can shoot through armor to hit pilots and whatnot, but hitting a chopper pilot is very rare anyway, so yeah this gun is a fail for being the last unlock IMHO.

M95 does a LOT more damage than the m24 (1 hit kill if target is less than 40 yards or so away). It also has the least bullet drop of all sniper rifles.

TommmyGun
03-12-2010, 11:36 AM
m95 is a much more powerful rifle and its noise is has it should be imo, and yes it has much less bullet drop and yes it does take heli's out, i dont know if its just e too.. but the bullets seem to travel alot faster than any other sniper rifle which means moving targets are easier to shoot. i just took a pop shot at an attacker falling in on a paracute and hit him in the face +275 marksman headshot points for me, but i felt bad under my amazment this shouldnt be possible its a waste of tickets for attackers

TommmyGun
03-12-2010, 11:46 AM
-I've tested all sniper rifle. All shooting at a wall in exact spot and exact range. Made a video to compare all rifle/range to make sure it's all accurate - All bullet drop is the same. (maybe u "experience" less bullet drop because a m95 scope is bigger? I duno)

it deffo has less bullet drop you must have been testing wrong i aim straight for the head where as normally i would have to aim above, it took me a while to realise that i didnt have to aim so high anymore and alot of missed shots

bcreps85
03-12-2010, 11:52 AM
M95 does a LOT more damage than the m24 (1 hit kill if target is less than 40 yards or so away). It also has the least bullet drop of all sniper rifles.

The lowest damage M24 does is 75 damage. The lowest damage M95 does is 79 damage. Both top out at 100. These numbers are from the charts that have been around here, which are populated with numbers directly from the game files. I don't know about you, but I don't consider 4 damage to be "A LOT"...the way distance/damage works in this game, that would mean that a M24 is still a 1-hit kill up to *nearly* the same distance.

As far as drop goes, from what I have seen there is no difference. Two dots on the M24 scope is equal to one dot on the M95 scope, so aiming 1 dot up on M95 is equal to aiming 2 dots up on the M24. At ranges where I aim two dots up on the M24, I aim 1 dot up on the M95 and score the same hits...which says to me that there is no difference in the bullet drop.

Travel time...I'm not going to argue on because I haven't timed it or anything, but I will say that it doesn't feel any faster to me. If someone can test it and show me that it is faster, then so be it...

analyst88
03-12-2010, 11:58 AM
it deffo has less bullet drop you must have been testing wrong i aim straight for the head where as normally i would have to aim above, it took me a while to realise that i didnt have to aim so high anymore and alot of missed shots

Same experience here.

D4mnit
03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
By the way, the .50 round is a pistol round. You want the 50. cal.

You should check the weapon chart, Imm fairly certain the M95 maintians damage over range significantly better.

Inimical_rize
03-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Let's be honest, most of the weapons in this game are some what replicas of real life models, so it's only fare to compare the shoddy attempt to recreate the ballistics, power and effectiveness of the weaponry.

Daci_MVRL
03-12-2010, 01:11 PM
M95 > M24, nuff said

Rhodsie
03-12-2010, 01:21 PM
By the way, the .50 round is a pistol round. You want the 50. cal.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows the M95 shoots the .50 BMG and not .50 AE or .50 GI. Also, putting cal behind a decimal number when referring to cartridges is kind of redundant.

Inimical_rize
03-12-2010, 01:22 PM
lol, the .50 is a pistol round and a rifle round the only difference is the pistol round is .50 - short, and the rifle round is .50 - long.

Burbots Revenge
03-12-2010, 01:24 PM
GOL ftw

somethingawful
03-12-2010, 02:58 PM
m95 is a much more powerful rifle and its noise is has it should be imo
I'm sorry if i was being vague about how it sounds, but i'm actually saying the sound is awesome. Man, and here i thought the vision of panties dropping is an awesome thing:(

What could be more wrong then shooting a wall from a corner to make sure that you are standing exactly at the same spot for both of the shots?

The M95 .50 BMG(12.7 x 99 mm) Bullet Drop - http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8592/bulletdropm95.jpg

The M24(7.62x51mm NATO(.308 win)) Bullet Drop - http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9632/bulletdropm24.jpg
Added extra information about the ammunition since there is people who actually cares about it "in a game".

As you guys(i'm not going to add "and girls" because this is the internet! Girls don't exist here! And couldn't give 2 F's about trivial matter such as this. Being in the kitchen is always a priority) can see from the screenshot - Each shot was aimed at the exact point of the upper roof thing. The drop was 0.4inch for both rifle. And yes i am Robin Hood reincarnated i shot 2 bullets in the exact same one spot.

In conclusion bullet drop is the same, scopes are different(im mr. obvious) as per stated. To hit a target at that range the M95 needs to adjust their crosshair slightly above the first south mil-dot, while the M24 adjusts the target to slightly lower the first south mil-dot.

Both of this guns are a powerful weapon system. Some of you might prefer one to the next no doubt. All that matters is that you are able use a mil-dot reticle effectively. And i absolutely hate the GOL in rl or in game because of their fine crosshair reticle.

Bullet drop is the same. Bullet drop is the same. Bullet drop is the same. Bullet drop is the same.

YuGr.
03-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Here I'm guessing you guys could use a fact or two about the guns in this game.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

All the differences you want to know are on here. Now stop making threads about this freakin m95..

twiggy550
03-12-2010, 03:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EwNaV.jpg

Data-mined from the game itself. And hey guess what?

Bullet drop isn't the same. Bullet drop isn't the same. Bullet drop isn't the same. Bullet drop isn't the same.

Edit: And the bastard above beat me too it. :U

YuGr.
03-12-2010, 03:06 PM

Bullet drop isn't the same. Bullet drop isn't the same. Bullet drop isn't the same. Bullet drop isn't the same.

=D but in my link there's no info about the bullet drop :D

YuGr.
03-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Let's be honest, most of the weapons in this game are some what replicas of real life models, so it's only fare to compare the shoddy attempt to recreate the ballistics, power and effectiveness of the weaponry.

False. This game isn't a damn military simulator. They used real guns because most people wouldn't like this game as much if it was look-a-likes of real guns with different names. Just like Forza 3 wouldn't be as good if there was no real licensed cars and just random cars called XRG (lfs) but looks like a 5.0 mustang.

This isn't a simulator, you want real licensed weapons with real damage and everything? Don't play the game, go play Project Reality (ITS FREE WITH BF2 Even what you waiting for?!) and/or ARMA 2. (Glitchy as ♥♥♥♥)

pzero
03-12-2010, 03:18 PM
who cares about bullet drop. just aim higher. if you put in the time to get a single gold star on a rifle, you'll have put in enough time to know how much higher you need to aim

damaging helis is worthless. takes too much of your ammo, not worth the effort unless you've got 3+ people on your team with m95's in a concerted effort

1shot to the chest is nice. requires you to use magnum ammo though; not a big sacrifice per se, the only other real competitor is the explosives to strengthen mortar strikes (spotter is useless)

i still prefer the gol. lack of up&down swaying means i can shoot off a wiggle, using strafing movement to fine-tune horizontal aim while also dodging enemy snipers without worrying where in my 'breath' it falls

getting good with the m24 though has the advantage of, if you choose another class and find a kit laying on the ground, it's usually an m24

somethingawful
03-12-2010, 03:36 PM

3 words. Oh My God. Please do not make me lose faith in this forum anymore then i already have. The stupidity displayed on here sometimes goes over 9000!!!

Ok, now let's review the chart shall we? Let's look at the M24.

First area - Damage - Range = It does 100 damage from 1-5 Meters and it slowly goes down to the guns minimum damage within the range of 25meters? And stays there for all range above 25 Meters.

Second area - Rate of Fire(Rounds Per Min) - If i need to explain this self-explanatory word, you really need to get rolled over by a quad bike four times.

Third area - Reload = ...stop

Fourth area - Spread = Non-existent to the rifles currently in question. As the chart conveniently showed us.

Fifth area - Recoil - Spread ADDED to your subsequent shots = again doesn't apply here.

Sixth area - Kick = Not really sure about this but you sure as hell needs one of these right about now. Both m24 and m95 is identical on this. My best bet would be how it react after the shots were fires?(recoil again?)

Just because you saw some red lines dropping doesn't make that bullet drop. Read before you post. Please do not reply to this post to save you guys some embarrassment about posting something completely unrelated.

However that chart is a good thing since i never knew bullets does diminishing damage according to range.

somethingawful
03-12-2010, 03:43 PM
i still prefer the gol. lack of up&down swaying means i can shoot off a wiggle, using strafing movement to fine-tune horizontal aim while also dodging enemy snipers without worrying where in my 'breath' it falls

Are you serious? GOL doesn't have sway? I never knew that, a plat star on my m24 means that i am completely oblivious to other recon weapons even if i have tried them before.

pzero
03-12-2010, 03:43 PM
3 words. Oh My God. Please do not make me lose faith in this forum anymore then i already have. The stupidity displayed on here sometimes goes over 9000!!!

let me restore some of that faith
look at where that image came from
yes, the site other people linked
see the little text blurb about the different kinds of bullets?
let me copy/paste it AGAIN for you

Bullet. The standard for all weapons from pistols to the weaker Recon Rifles. They are almost not affected by gravity at all.
Sniper_Bullet. A bullet affected by fake gravity. Used by the M24, SV-98, GOL, and Slug Shotguns
HMG_bullet. Used by stationary and vehicle mounted machineguns. That AND the M95 sniper rifle.
The two features of HMG_Bullet is that it does not drop as much as Sniper_Bullet AND it can damage lightly armored vehicles such as Jeeps and Helicopters.

All bullets travel at the same arbitrary speed of "600" (though their tracers are made intentionally slower than the actual projectile).

there. problem solved. feel free to edit your last post to save yourself some of that embarrassment you mentioned

somethingawful
03-12-2010, 03:47 PM
let me restore some of that faith
look at where that image came from
yes, the site other people linked
see the little text blurb about the different kinds of bullets?
let me copy/paste it AGAIN for you

Bullet. The standard for all weapons from pistols to the weaker Recon Rifles. They are almost not affected by gravity at all.
Sniper_Bullet. A bullet affected by fake gravity. Used by the M24, SV-98, GOL, and Slug Shotguns
HMG_bullet. Used by stationary and vehicle mounted machineguns. That AND the M95 sniper rifle.
The two features of HMG_Bullet is that it does not drop as much as Sniper_Bullet AND it can damage lightly armored vehicles such as Jeeps and Helicopters.

All bullets travel at the same arbitrary speed of "600" (though their tracers are made intentionally slower than the actual projectile).

there. problem solved. feel free to edit your last post to save yourself some of that embarrassment you mentioned

Looks like it's time for someone to actually play the game instead of being a keyboard warrior over here!
Doing stuff yourself is always better then reading stuffs then act as if you know it all.

In other word. Do you even own the game? DO you even know or tried both of the guns? Guess not.

Oh hey, i read somewhere on on an internet website that humans could fly if you go to a window that is round shaped and jump! Now let's believe that.

Again - Please do not reply to this post to save you guys some embarrassment about posting something completely unrelated.

Overt.Enemy
03-12-2010, 03:54 PM
-Now that's a point over m24

Lol no way I switch classes to recon just to take down a UAV. I'll just destroy it with my primary weapon.

Whist
03-12-2010, 03:56 PM

Okay then.

This is stupid because my eye lasers can take a helicopter down in one hit.

TommmyGun
03-12-2010, 03:59 PM
ive looked at your screen shots, but that is a further ranged than im talking about. from a closer range maybe 3/4 the range you have there, the bullets act different. the drop may be the same at that range but try a little closer and i think they are different.

odoiel
03-12-2010, 04:00 PM
this thread has gotten boring. it went from information to "MY E-PEEN IS BIGGER THEN YOUR E-PEEN, NEENER NEENER"

http://photos.commongate.com/11/38441_7dtr2scy8f_l.jpg

TommmyGun
03-12-2010, 04:05 PM
whos argueing? were discussing on a disscussion forum... F off if your bored

somethingawful
03-12-2010, 04:08 PM
this thread has gotten boring. it went from information to "MY E-PEEN IS BIGGER THEN YOUR E-PEEN, NEENER NEENER"

http://photos.commongate.com/11/38441_7dtr2scy8f_l.jpg

And yet, you post here. To make it worst you use an image but used a hyperlink. If you are gonna do it, do it right. And you are never "cool" by using a picture to replace words. Do you see anyone bragging about their e-peen here?

ive looked at your screen shots, but that is a further ranged than im talking about. from a closer range maybe 3/4 the range you have there, the bullets act different. the drop may be the same at that range but try a little closer and i think they are different.

Ok, I'm not going to disprove you by testing it again ingame. But still, i am sure that bullet drop is the same for all sniper rifle(and velocity according to that website if it is right). It's not like people can't try this out themself.