PDA

View Full Version : The Reclaim Bug Is Extremely Annoying

Latrodectus
03-12-2010, 02:49 PM
For those of you who haven't run in to this yet, if you order your commander to reclaim something, and then tell him to attack or move before he's done reclaiming, he will be stuck in..."engineer mode". He won't attack things, if you order him to attack something, he tries to reclaim/capture it, and I haven't found a way to snap him out of it other than to let him finish reclaiming something. Telling him to "stop" doesn't do anything either.

This needs to be bumped to the top 3 priority fixes. Losing a game because of this bug is one of the most frustrating things I've ever encountered in a game.

GateKeeper.York
03-12-2010, 04:13 PM
It is an frustrating bug

Palmerific
03-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I've noticed this too, but my ACU has never completely refused to attack something. Have you tried issuing an attack order, instead of just left clicking? Sometimes it also seems to reset if you issue a capture order followed by an attack order..but either way I agree. This is a pretty annoying bug.

xfloggingkylex
03-12-2010, 07:06 PM
If this is the bug that was talked about during the gamereplay.org livecast tournament, FunkOff claims that starting to build a powergen (or anything I imagine) will snap him out of the "engineer mode".

Definitely needs to be fixed, and I find it really hard to believe that this couldn't have been beta tested out.

plaasmaa
03-12-2010, 07:45 PM
If this is the bug that was talked about during the gamereplay.org livecast tournament, FunkOff claims that starting to build a powergen (or anything I imagine) will snap him out of the "engineer mode".

Definitely needs to be fixed, and I find it really hard to believe that this couldn't have been beta tested out.

the reason, i believe that things like this don't get tested out in the beta is alot of these glitch threads seem to be weird accidents that only happen to a couple people. for example all the glitchs posted on the forums so far, none of them happened to me.

xfloggingkylex
03-12-2010, 09:15 PM
the reason, i believe that things like this don't get tested out in the beta is alot of these glitch threads seem to be weird accidents that only happen to a couple people. for example all the glitchs posted on the forums so far, none of them happened to me.

Well if they haven't occurred during your play, they must be "weird accidents" even though I've owned the game for like 10 hours and knew what he was talking about.

Not having the bug happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen... and this is one of the more well documented bugs.