PDA

View Full Version : New GI article maybe confirms a rumor? (possible spoilers)

thebenonator
03-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Pinkerton: It's also fun just to explore the ongoing relationship between the two leads.

GLaDOS - confirmed to be a big character in the game

Cave Johnson - called a "sidekick then main antagonist" by the casting call a year or two back

Cave and GLaDOS (the two major AIs of Aperture Science) might be friends or be fighting?
I'd like that.

celederer
03-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Cave Johnson - called a "sidekick then main antagonist" by the casting call a year or two back

kinda sounds like Wheatly

v.dog
03-12-2010, 08:46 PM
I imagine that they're referring to GLaDOS and Chell. Hence the word 'ongoing'.

Inspector Jones
03-12-2010, 09:07 PM
I imagine that they're referring to GLaDOS and Chell. Hence the word 'ongoing'.

This. The two lead characters of Portal 1 ;)

MADDOGGE
03-12-2010, 09:59 PM
It's also possible that they started out with Cave and then switched to the personality core instead later to keep all other humans but Chell out of the game.

Solarmech
03-13-2010, 07:59 AM
It's also possible that they started out with Cave and then switched to the personality core instead later to keep all other humans but Chell out of the game.

Cave was always going to be an AI anyway. And from the BBS he still is. We could be exploring how Chell and GLaDOS intract and have Cave 2.0 slowly make his presense felt. I wonder if Cave 2.0 was not one of the "Them" GLaDos spoke of at the end of the first game and that GLaDOS had locked him out. sm

-=Dran=-
03-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Or they are both the same thing. GLaDOS is a living thing that was computerized.

Genetic
Lifeform
and
Disk
Operating
System

no00dylan
03-13-2010, 08:26 AM
It would be cool if GLaDOS and Cave Johnson were at war with each other, and you fought for GLaDOS.

MADDOGGE
03-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Cave was always going to be an AI anyway. And from the BBS he still is. We could be exploring how Chell and GLaDOS intract and have Cave 2.0 slowly make his presense felt. I wonder if Cave 2.0 was not one of the "Them" GLaDos spoke of at the end of the first game and that GLaDOS had locked him out. smI suppose he and GlaDOS could give conflicting "suggestions" to Chell perhaps? Personally I don't see how Cave could be Wheatly. That such a tired old meme in movies.

Ninto55
03-13-2010, 08:30 PM
I suppose he and GlaDOS could give conflicting "suggestions" to Chell perhaps? Personally I don't see how Cave could be Wheatly. That such a tired old meme in movies.

That'd be fun. Perhaps give you an alternate ending? It'd be fun to break away from the strict scripts of Valve.

Polendino
03-13-2010, 10:18 PM
I suppose he and GlaDOS could give conflicting "suggestions" to Chell perhaps? Personally I don't see how Cave could be Wheatly. That such a tired old meme in movies.

The latest interview said that the writers were experimenting with several cliches in the story...

Avoidist
03-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Tropes are not cliches.

gosthy31
03-14-2010, 03:30 AM
Gordon and Chell?