PDA

View Full Version : $80 for a SP game? Lol what?

aforumtotalkon1
03-12-2010, 10:41 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/21432nd.png

I mean really? Most games go for $50.

EDIT: To clear any confusion up, this is on the Australian Store.

EDIT2: it appears (for now) the game has gone down to the normal price of 49.99. We'll see if this stays. If it does, thank you for correcting the price.

EDIT3: it has been brought back up again to 79.99

HylianTheBlade
03-12-2010, 11:13 PM
i'm sorry you euro/aussies and whoever else got the price jack but seriously.. quit whining about it and just grab it retail if its cheaper... if it isn't then how is it steams fault?

maxser
03-13-2010, 12:11 AM
i'm sorry you euro/aussies and whoever else got the price jack but seriously.. quit whining about it and just grab it retail if its cheaper... if it isn't then how is it steams fault?

So you would be OK with paying 80$ for the game, screw everyone until it affects me right?

warmaster670
03-13-2010, 12:48 AM
So you would be OK with paying 80$ for the game, screw everyone until it affects me right?
Anyone making you pay that? no? then guess what? go buy it somewhere else if you dont like the price.

common sense people.

LuNa7ic
03-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous. The game looks somewhat interesting, but I'm not gonna pay $80.00USD for Modern Warfare 2, let alone a sp game from an unheard of developer.

l4yercake
03-13-2010, 01:44 AM
Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous. The game looks somewhat interesting, but I'm not gonna pay $80.00USD for Modern Warfare 2, let alone a sp game from an unheard of developer.

move along then and scurry off....

velvetmeds
03-13-2010, 06:06 AM
yeah what are you doing here anyway? and "unheard of"? the name maybe, but not some people behind it

LuNa7ic
03-13-2010, 06:52 AM
yeah what are you doing here anyway? and "unheard of"? the name maybe, but not some people behind it

The reason I(and I presume the others who share my view) are here, posting in threads like this, is to send a message to the publisher that they are losing sales and potential customers when they pull stupid tricks like this.

chiffmonkey
03-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Anyone making you pay that? no? then guess what? go buy it somewhere else if you dont like the price.

common sense people.

Importing steamworks games isn't viable, as they won't run.

Iconoclast XVII
03-13-2010, 08:32 AM
common sense people.

I'm beginning to think that that is just a myth now days... When they announced MW2 was going to be $60 on PC, did I go around complaining about it? No. Did I buy it? No. Simple as that. I did rent it, and it was barely worth the free rental... that game sucked. Single player was really poorly made and some parts (like Burgertown) looked really cartoony.

Mike_Bson
03-13-2010, 09:02 AM

Did you even read his post?

ImBack87
03-13-2010, 09:03 AM
In US it's $50, like most games

JimBeamBlack
03-13-2010, 03:07 PM
yep same here , 49.99 AND I get Red Faction Guerrilla free for pre ordering , so its actually 2 games for the price of $50.

Its not STEAM and its not THQ thats hosing you OR all the prices all over the world would be high....its got to be taxes or duty fees or something like that thats adding to the cost of doing business there. Write STEAM a letter and ask them to lay it out for you , then print it out take it to your Government and tell em to SHOVE IT!!

Its just as the old saying goes , Corporations DO NOT pay taxes....we do!! because they just pass it on , and that is AS it should be....so less taxes and less Government leads to cheaper games. (I added that last part...snicka!!)

if it was me I would start a revoultion!!...but thats just how I roll....all Sam Adams and ♥♥♥♥!!

LuNa7ic
03-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Its not STEAM and its not THQ thats hosing you OR all the prices all over the world would be high....its got to be taxes or duty fees or something like that thats adding to the cost of doing business there. Write STEAM a letter and ask them to lay it out for you , then print it out take it to your Government and tell em to SHOVE IT!!

It IS the publisher/distributor that does it, as only certain games have the price jacked up.

Iconoclast XVII
03-13-2010, 08:41 PM
It IS the publisher/distributor that does it, as only certain games have the price jacked up.

That's what I've heard, don't think Steam has anything to do with it.

JimBeamBlack
03-13-2010, 10:46 PM
but that makes no sense , why would they (the publisher) do that KNOWING good and well that we are all here on STEAM and they can't hide it , I hate to say it but you must be wrong. I owned my own business for 20 years , trust me , you get jammed by Government and you PASS IT ON period , its the only way to survive. Yeah the publisher is charging you BUT its the Taxes/duty's they must pay that you getting passed on to you by them...so its GOVERNMENT!!

You can bet your last buck one of those things the Gov tells you that you get "free" is being paid/subsidized for by some kind of tax , it is just the way it is!!

the ONLY money they have is what they TAKE from you period!!

Jackyio
03-13-2010, 11:37 PM
The thing that everyone isn't understanding is the fact that the currency exhange of the AUD is around 90c per USD.
In retail shops, PC games cost about $90-$100 AUD ($82-$91 USD). This is never going to change since it's retail :P (these prices are ridiculous because it does not cost $30 to ship one game over). However, steam games have usually costed about $50 for both the US and the AU, but in the past few months, all prices for pretty much every new release have been increased by a margin of $10-$40 for all Australian steam users.
The choice of the pricing is up to the publishers, however, with Valve taking no part in the transaction pricing. Valve, Eidos, Ubisoft (to some extent)and Indie developers all price FAIRLY (according to the facts and world pricing).
It is NOT because of taxes, and it is quiet obvious at that. 2k games published Borderland for $50US on the Australian Steam store, 5 weeks later the game became un-available for a time and was put up to the price of $80USD.
Battlefield Bad company 2, released for $50, new steam UI released and it magically goes up to $70.
Assassin's Creed 2 is $60USD while Silent hunter V is $50USD. Both games are published by Ubisoft and both games are the same pricing in retail.

lolwut

maxser
03-14-2010, 01:37 AM

No I'm obviously responding to another thread.

Here's the fact: We can't change the prices, but we can whine about it. If you don't like it well that's your problem you can just ignore it, common sense...

LuNa7ic
03-14-2010, 05:47 AM
The thing that everyone isn't understanding is the fact that the currency exhange of the AUD is around 90c per USD.
In retail shops, PC games cost about $90-$100 AUD ($82-$91 USD). This is never going to change since it's retail :P (these prices are ridiculous because it does not cost $30 to ship one game over). However, steam games have usually costed about $50 for both the US and the AU, but in the past few months, all prices for pretty much every new release have been increased by a margin of $10-$40 for all Australian steam users.
The choice of the pricing is up to the publishers, however, with Valve taking no part in the transaction pricing. Valve, Eidos, Ubisoft (to some extent)and Indie developers all price FAIRLY (according to the facts and world pricing).
It is NOT because of taxes, and it is quiet obvious at that. 2k games published Borderland for $50US on the Australian Steam store, 5 weeks later the game became un-available for a time and was put up to the price of $80USD.
Battlefield Bad company 2, released for $50, new steam UI released and it magically goes up to $70.
Assassin's Creed 2 is $60USD while Silent hunter V is $50USD. Both games are published by Ubisoft and both games are the same pricing in retail.

lolwut

This. It's essentially a price-fixing conspiracy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_fixing), because the merchants got angry at steam undercutting them and passed their displeasure along to the publishers. Technically I believe it is illegal under both US and Australian law, but until someone with a lot of money takes them to court, or enough complaints are made to the governments consumer protection wing it won't change.

KILLfactor
03-14-2010, 06:43 AM
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/aausp

JimBeamBlack
03-14-2010, 08:34 AM

lolwut

are you sure?? I mean doesn't it matter where (part of the world) the games are published from to begin with as to what the cost of import from each country to each country?

and you just said that games in PC shops there are $90 to $100(which is INSAINE BTW) AUD , but doesn't that set the market price for the games there and doesn't that price reflect the retailers cost of doing business??? LOL I mean ignore it if you want BUT your getting hosed in some sort of "EXTRA" business cost on your own soil and the publishers are most likely being pressured by the Aussie retailers to keep the price inflated on STEAM so their retail sales don't drop to zero.

So its the retailers that are hosing you?? or maybe its that the rest of the world doesn't want your money so they are intentionally pricing themselves out of business....including the retailers??

Lol

Well I'm going to sign the petition that will absolutely do no good at all , Because if the cost of a game in the retail shops is $60.00AUD or USD then the price on STEAM will reflect that in fairness to the retailer NO MATTER WHAT THE COST IN THE US. otherwise the game makers would lose MORE sales because of the retailers not ordering hard copies , because why would a retailer be forced (by whom I wonder hummm?)to sell a game at $30 MORE then you can download it??

If a game is sold here in the US and its $49.99 then it is $49.99 on STEAM , unless you get some sort of pre-order discount. Which does not some with all publishers and Indie games which is basically a independent game maker community and is priced at the level of quality.

anyways , thats my 2cents....

kamm
03-14-2010, 08:54 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/21432nd.png

I mean really? Most games go for $50.

Where the hell do you live? It's $49.99 here, in the US...

kamm
03-14-2010, 08:58 AM

lolwut

This story STINKS - obviously it's either some crooked "publishers' assoc" involved in this price fixing or some other, obviously ILLEGAL ANTI-COMPETITIVE PRICE CARTELING going on.

Contact your consumer protection agency, your representative and try to make some noise, go to newspapers, TV shows etc.

Show some balls - Steam forum is obviously NOT the place to change policies if Steam once had it priced correctly but then they had to change to match others...

kamm
03-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Because if the cost of a game in the retail shops is $60.00AUD or USD then the price on STEAM will reflect that in fairness to the retailer NO MATTER WHAT THE COST IN THE US. otherwise the game makers would lose MORE sales because of the retailers not ordering hard copies , because why would a retailer be forced (by whom I wonder hummm?)to sell a game at $30 MORE then you can download it??

You're not making any sense - it's the perfect case of carteling and I'm pretty sure any Western country has laws against it.

They should organize a boycott and attack in the media, it's that simple. I never thought Aussies are getting hosed right in their back this badly and especially didn't that they take it silently...

chiffmonkey
03-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Where the hell do you live? It's $49.99 here, in the US...

Lucky you.

Farlong
03-14-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't get what the big fuss is about. If steam prices seem unfair, just buy the game retail or don't buy it.
Retail prices are usually stable and stay the same. When steam have had games for 60, I have just bought it retail where it only costs about 50.

pijankengur
03-14-2010, 01:42 PM

WRONG.
FAIL.

DON'T POST BS IN THE FUTURE KTHNX

If only half the people on these forums didn't post about stuff they knew nothing about......

jigglywiggly
03-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Get the hell out of Australia. Their internet speeds are horrid, prices horrid. Nothing is good there.

me8myself
03-14-2010, 08:25 PM
question, can someone buy you the game you pay them and they gift you the game?

Waukeen
03-14-2010, 09:05 PM

My guess bro? Probably not. He probably looked at the part that said something bad and raged out instantly. I wish people would read more the 4 words into something before flaming a person.

djuara
03-14-2010, 09:13 PM

Actually they'll run just fine. Still you don't need to import, just ask someone in other region where it is cheaper to help you get it. You pay that person the price plus some extra to cover the paypal charge, then that person buy it from Steam and gift it to you. Might be against the rule of Steam, not sure about that, but it'll work. This includes games that are not available to purchase from Steam at your region.

Kelavarus
03-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Get the hell out of Australia. Their internet speeds are horrid, prices horrid. Nothing is good there.

Their accents are pretty badass.

luciferosX
03-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Also have to pay the local taxes/tariffs. Also the exchange rate...

Currently it's this: 49.00 AUD = 44.7524 USD

So it looks like in Steam, they don't keep it live (xe.com).

It should be fixed ASAP. But, it could also just be an AU gubbmint thing. Maybe they want the tariffs so local businesses have a chance. ;)

LuNa7ic
03-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Also have to pay the local taxes/tariffs. Also the exchange rate...which, granted, makes no sense unless they're tied to xe.com. It should be more live, I agree, but there's a price to pay for "importing." Best option is like what others said: buy it locally. It's a Steamworks game, so there's no way it'll be blocked when bought in AU, right?

Buying locally costs $90-$110AU, depending on the game, so steam is still marginally cheaper. Its the fact that the prices were reasonable, but then got artificially inflated that annoys us so much.

ogreballerina
03-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Their accents are pretty badass.

And they grow some of the best " medicinal" in the world.

Sorry they have to pay 80 bucks though...that's just crazy.

jiminator
03-15-2010, 11:35 AM
get a US buddy to buy you the game and gift it to you. Seems that you AUS guys get shafted both on the price and also with censorship. The method is a way to avoid both issues. I guess the original high prices for AUS was due to the costs of shipping items there. But this is really silly in terms of an electronic marketplace, it seems instead that it is some sweetheart deal intended to protect the retail market.

Sauron-UA
03-15-2010, 12:35 PM
$50 from Steam here and about $10 from retail shop ;P

JK_DC
03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Bootlegged?

jiminator
03-15-2010, 04:07 PM
if you are going to steal it don't pretend like someone is giving you a deal.

aforumtotalkon1
03-17-2010, 02:12 AM
I just want to tell people who think it's something to do with the conversion to AUD, that it's not. 49 USD = 53 AUD. If we were to include GST on top of 53 AUD, that'd be 58 AUD. But GST doesn't even apply when it comes to Steam anyways.

And just so you know, our Australian store still displays all prices in USD, so technically if I were to now buy Metro, I'd actually pay $86 AUD. So it really *is not* any currency conversion rate or anything.

And there are numerous games that have done this, while other games are still at the normal 49.99. The funny thing I've noticed too is the same publisher ups the price on one game, but keeps the price on another @ 49.99.

And one last thing, it's quite interesting (I only just found out) that when Metro first came onto the store it was $49.99, but they took it off for a week, and it came back at the inflated price.
-
Thanks.

jtm33
03-17-2010, 07:16 AM
This simply does not make any sense. Exchange rates will price the game under $60AUD. Now you have to remember the Australian Steam prices are in USD, so what they are doing does not concern exchange rates, as they are not converting any currency with their pricing. Retail may charge $90-100 but you have to remember they charge more so the retailer gets a profit too.

If there are no other factors contributing to the cost of distribution why are they increasing the price by $30USD. There is no excuse for this. Especially with our poor internet and expensive retail games. I wanted to buy this game too...

Ciaos
03-17-2010, 08:03 AM
The reason why prices are jacked up in Australia is because it reflects the RRP of all your new games. Stop comparing world prices and look at your own game stores.

Publisher's have stated that they did not want to harm the retail market share with Steam. Australian gamestores expensive? Steam is correspondingly expensive.

jtm33
03-17-2010, 08:17 AM
But it is cheaper to distribute over steam, and retailers increase prices to give themselves some profit as well. Having similar prices to retail does not make sense.

LuNa7ic
03-17-2010, 08:41 AM
I don't know if they saw this thread or not, but the price just dropped to match the US price in my steam. Better put my money where my mouth is then, once I get paid. Thanks THQ!

pijankengur
03-17-2010, 08:51 AM
rofl owned at the Australian's who prepurchased it. What the hell steam?

"Pre-purchase now! Pay 60% more!"

aforumtotalkon1
03-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Now that's interesting.....

I also noticed Bad Company 2 also dropped down from $69.99 to $49.99 too.

Hmm, we'll see if it's a temporary thing and if the price goes back up.

pijankengur
03-17-2010, 10:02 AM
I also noticed Bad Company 2 also dropped down from $79.99 to $49.99 too.

You mean from $69.99. I noticed this too, but I myself put it down to the end of the limited edition promotion and that they're selling the regular edition. For some reason or another, when they made this change they forgot to up the Australian price.

You can be sure it'll go up back to $69.99 in a day or two.

werticus
03-17-2010, 11:01 AM
yay for reasonable prices!

MentalSentinel
03-17-2010, 12:09 PM
honestly australian people, get your own icon for your currency

Camerooni
03-17-2010, 02:11 PM

We already have one.. It's a S with two strokes through it rather than one.. But foreign developed software and hardware doesn't support it.. Just like the real English language is bring ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ by kids learning to code, reading us publications that take away all those precious 'u's :p

and for those ignorant foreigners blaming taxes, we don't pay gst on anything imported. And i've actually contacted our ACCC (Australian competition and consumer comission) whom told me that due to a 'lack of competition in the retail space we have higher prices'.. Way to do your job guys.. :p

for those who blame shipping, all this crap is made in china anyway, and were much closer to china than the us :p ice I can as an individual order a game from the other aide of the plane for $1.50 shipping.. So no.. Shipping/Duty is not the cause.

This is eb/game/jb (not the department stores as they barely sell pc games), threatening publishers with not taking their games. Which is crap anyway as thy barely sell pc games anyway since they can't resell them..

It looks to me like some of the publishers are experimenting with price fluctuations on the steam store.. Eastore match retail prices on their own website, but give us US prices on steam.. Guaranteed they sell more on the Steam store to Australians :p

and really if 50 bucks is good enough for the states, shouldn't it be good enough anywhere!?
We've had a number of publisher reps out to our studio in aus recently and they almost died when they walked into eb and saw the prices.. It's just ignorance (that's not inherently a bad thing) but it can be improved through education and I applaud the individuals who are trying to make their voices heard.. We shouldn't shut up as this pricing IS bull!!

Camerooni
03-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Apologies for spelling grammar mistakes.. Stupid iPhone!

aforumtotalkon1
03-17-2010, 04:51 PM
You mean from $69.99. I noticed this too, but I myself put it down to the end of the limited edition promotion and that they're selling the regular edition. For some reason or another, when they made this change they forgot to up the Australian price.

You can be sure it'll go up back to $69.99 in a day or two.

You're probably right, we'll see how long the price lasts then.

loinbread
03-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Woah, what the heck? Metro and BFBC2 are both $50 USD now for Australian customers? What happened to those who preordered the games? They had to pay more, for less? Completely arbitary. I AM CONFUSE

Kyorisu
03-18-2010, 05:37 AM

LE copies did not cost more so it's rather odd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_sign

Get an education. It might help you in life. When talking with yanks I always mention USD or AUD anyway.

/edit Steam prices are weird. Retails is overpriced. Try overseas. http://www.cdwow.com.au/games/metro-2033-pc/dp/6749543#bc=72e0

RqpeR
03-18-2010, 06:38 AM
The impatient will always be paying the top price. Just be patient till the game is reduced in price to what you expect to be reasonable.

If you wish to have a cheaper price your current game should be an older game.

Also the cost does not end with the game's purchase.
The game needs quite an investment in hardware to give away its graphics potential on PC.
If you have the budget to buy hardware to run this game with GQ graphs you should not feel the price too much I guess.
If you have to reduce the graphics because your rig does not pull it you might as well wait.

It is a double win to wait.

Half Life 2 costed me only 15 USD last year or so and I am running it insane speeds today for a better more immersive graphic experience.

(no a HD5870 combined with CD2Q 3.4 and 8GB doesnt quite pull Metro 2033 fast enough on medium graphs in 1920x1200 to my expectations)

gabor.lakatos
03-18-2010, 08:02 AM
steam price: 50€ and retail price cca: 27€ WTF? :confused:
and NO, i dont want red faction guerilla game OK?

+ why i need steam for SP game only? strange policy... so dont ask why torrents wins.. thats the reason.. bad for developers.. i will wait for sale.

gabor.lakatos
03-18-2010, 08:34 AM
edit: nothing...

Popcorn Avenger
03-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Given the early reports that the gameplay is between 10-15 hours, it's linear ala HL2 . . . . sorry to say this is going on the "wait until it's on sale" category for me also. A game with few hours and limited replayability isn't worth 50 smackers, at least not to me.

Yeah, offering Red Faction isn't a big incentive, either.

Who knows, by that time I might even have a DX11 board :p

impreza50
03-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Woah, what the heck? Metro and BFBC2 are both $50 USD now for Australian customers? What happened to those who preordered the games? They had to pay more, for less? Completely arbitary. I AM CONFUSE

well I guess they got red faction, I knew I should have pre ordered it the moment it was available before the price hike, oh well lets hope it stays at $50

aforumtotalkon1
03-21-2010, 09:23 PM
The price has risen back to $79.99

fugazied
03-21-2010, 10:05 PM
This is simply a joke, I was about to press buy on this game no more than 5 minutes ago, when I realised it was back up to $80 USD.

If this is not steams fault, they need to communicate VERY CLEARLY to these game publishers that consumers do not appreciate being jacked around price wise.

This is a lot of money for a DRMed single player game that I am unable to re-sell after I finish playing it.

For the first time in many years I am contemplating getting this game via other means (and there are many ways of getting these games). Well done game publisher, you just lost a sale.

Emox
03-21-2010, 10:30 PM
It's a great single player game.

worldcitizen777
03-22-2010, 01:23 AM
The price has risen back to $79.99

I can't believe it!! What are they doing??$49 with Red faction then $79 then $49 again and now $79 again!!! I just put it on my list to buy and they've jacked it again. This is not really fair at all.

Bossebrutal
03-22-2010, 03:46 AM
Holy ♥♥♥♥ $80?!

werticus
03-22-2010, 08:40 AM
steam prices go like a yo yo lately.

achtungspitfire
03-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Pity, was going to pick this one up at the reduced price on pay day.

I for one refuse to pay an artificially inflated price because a greedy publisher decides its cool to rip off Australians while the USD-AUD exchange is reasonably close to parity.

Lost sale, I'm afraid.

Wolfedge
03-22-2010, 09:28 PM
$80 for a new game? Holy crap, thats unheard of!

I'm guessing you havnt walked into any retail outlets and seen the new release shelf.

fugazied
03-22-2010, 09:36 PM
$80 for a new game? Holy crap, thats unheard of!

I'm guessing you havnt walked into any retail outlets and seen the new release shelf.

Difference is:

- The in-store game includes art, box, dvds and sometimes other extras.
- I can re-sell the in-store game after I finish playing it. With these short single player games that is often handy
- The in-store version has a markup to cover the manufacture costs, the distribution costs and additional markup for the retailer who has numerous overheads.
- Usually the in-store version has less DRM compared to steam where we sometimes get as many as THREE kinds of DRM on one game.

I will not buy online store games at the same price as a retail outlet. This game publisher has lost it's freakin mind.

Also what is with STEAM offering pre-load sales that kinda suck lately.

- Pre-order the game and PAY 30% more!!
- Pre-order the game and we won't have a pre-load available so you get to play it DAYS after it's released as our servers will be congested (Bioshock 2 experience for me).

ExecutorC3
03-22-2010, 10:30 PM
yes, it's stupid and profitable.

nutcrackr
03-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Wow that is pathetic, it drops and now its back up. Did the regional pricing system glitch or something?

GrinnyJimmeh
03-23-2010, 03:41 AM
In Australia you can get Modern Warfare 2 for $110 for ps3 PREOWNED!

Wolfedge
03-28-2010, 05:21 AM
Red Alert 3 is still $109 in my local EB store. At least steam does eventually drop the prices, but i will agree that MW 2, Borderlands and a few others games have rediculous prices, $50 one day, $79 the next. Doesnt make any sense to me, but i've always gotten in early so no skin off my back.

Also Fugazied you are right about the extra price covering distribution and box art etc., but its become ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ how much a new game costs, $80 would be the cheapest new release in history in a game store, they're all over $100 nowadays. Steam more than makes up for it with their pack sales, like the recent christmas ones, my god i have over 100 games in my steam due to that, and i wasnt too much out of pocket.

Chunderface
03-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Yeah this sucks, i'm in NZ and was about to buy Bad company 2 yesterday for 49.99 USD = $70 NZ. But now they have raised the price to 69.99 USD = $100 NZ. It is just real lame as it is sold in stores for only $80 NZ here.

theQuickening
03-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Correct me if I am ignorant on the subject, but doesn't the AUS government pretty much hate the whole video game industry?

Or is it just because I heard a few headlines about banning games? Just foreign hype trickling through?

EDIT: After reading this I see you guys in AUS just have bum luck with ratings. This rating system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games) might be the most a$$ backwards thing I have seen.

Gvaz
03-28-2010, 09:00 PM
If you don't want to pay the $80 just ask a US dude to gift it to you

Fodderman
03-29-2010, 01:27 AM
What's wrong with SP? It takes a lot more creative content development than slapping together a few unrealistically symmetrical maps and populate it with all you guys running around in it yelling "boom! head shot" every 10 seconds.

Anyway, I bought it, in Australia, on Steam, for $79.99 and I'm already happy with the price after 2 hours play!

Get a job, kid. (just joking... at the expense of the hungry kid in Riga, who would have gotten a bullet [that's a good thing, in 2033], had the first beggar I'd given one hadn't been such a prick!)

Scared
03-29-2010, 01:34 AM
I refuse to pay $29.99USD more for the game. I don't care how good it is. I will wait till it's on sale and get it gifted from another region.

I will not support the continual screwing of Australia in the price and release date.

Murdats
06-13-2010, 04:19 PM
So the game is on sale now for USD$40, we save $10 off the full price, but if I import from the UK I pay AUD$25 or from the US AUD$30

unfortunately (and I am sure while breaking some local trade practices laws AND the US-AU free trade agreement) steam has done their damnedest to block the ability to import, I infact think I have my ability to buy games revoked because of this but have not yet contacted support