PDA

View Full Version : Comp Stomp Starting faction

corhen
03-13-2010, 12:40 AM
im looking for a way to change the Default Comp Stomp Starting faction from UEF to random....
i assume the option is in the Game.pref, but i cant find it

any advice?

also, anyone know if changing UnitCap = '500', to like 10000 will change this ingame?

Aesir Rising
03-13-2010, 01:19 AM
forums wierd, so if this ends up as a double post, it's Gabe Newell's fault.

Anyway, unit cap change works - I'm told - since GPG posted/stated someplace that if you make it too high a value, something breaks. I think the pathing breaks.. but can't recall. It's easy enough to change/test/change back if needed, so try it out.

Default fields... I thought were supposed to be saved now post-patch. If not, search game.prefs for instances of the faction you picked. So, for example, I play UEF mostly and see UEF show up in meta data such as:

skin = 'uef',

So I would back up the file, change all the XXX faction stuff to "random" or "Random" and see what happened. Recover the backup, change one faction entry at a time to discover exactly which one does this (if any) then recover from backup again, make the one change (if available) and play on.

corhen
03-13-2010, 01:33 AM
ok, after going through and reading it option by option, i was UNABLE to find one for that...
which is really too bad, cause changing it every game is REALLy Annoying