PDA

View Full Version : DoW 2 Redeemale wargear question

Zhinrak
03-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Firstly i'm one of the unfortunate people to buy the steam full priced edition of the Chaos rising that come with nothing special (other than saints row 2 which on the PC is the most buggy and terrible thing imaginable and i already own it on the x-box). So yea i feel a little ripped off.

However all this talk of war gear reminded me that i had not re downloaded my old war gear stuff. A few months back i got myself a brand new PC, and now it wont let me download my war gear things from GFWL because its "not saved to this PC". I assume i need to "un-save" it from my old PC, which since then has been completely re-formatted and scrapped for parts.

Has anyone here had to deal with this before and could tell me how? would be a great help.

IRL Hawkeye
03-15-2010, 05:34 AM
Firstly i'm one of the unfortunate people to buy the steam full priced edition of the Chaos rising that come with nothing special (other than saints row 2 which on the PC is the most buggy and terrible thing imaginable and i already own it on the x-box). So yea i feel a little ripped off.

However all this talk of war gear reminded me that i had not re downloaded my old war gear stuff. A few months back i got myself a brand new PC, and now it wont let me download my war gear things from GFWL because its "not saved to this PC". I assume i need to "un-save" it from my old PC, which since then has been completely re-formatted and scrapped for parts.

Has anyone here had to deal with this before and could tell me how? would be a great help.

A number of other players have had issues with this before. Supposedly, there is a way of altering your GFWL directory which allows the wargear to be downloaded.

But it's pointless. All the pre-order wargear for DoW II has already been patched into the game, along with all multiplayer color schemes. You might as well just play through it, since you'll come across the wargear sooner or later.

shadowriderX
03-15-2010, 08:01 AM
I have the same problem when a tried to download my DOW2 chapter commad wargear set, after some searching i found I solution.

http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/t/8764.aspx

Just follow this instruction and you can download the dlc:

Possible solution

(Steps for Windows Vista and Windows 7 and xp paths)

First go into the Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace

Click on the "DOWNLOADS" Tab

Cancel and delete the download.

Exit and close the GFWL Marketplace Client.

Click "Start" Search -> CMD ->

In cmd type

bitsadmin /list (This will list the current jobs, If there there is no jobs pending skip the next step)

type

bitsadmin /reset (this will clear the current job queue)

In Windows Explorer navigate to the following folder

C:\Users\(Windows UserAccount)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Content \ (This may be a hidden folder)

Delete the contents of that folder

Navigate to C:\Users\(Windows UserAccount)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Syscach e

Navigate to C:\ Users\(Windows UserAccount)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\DLC\545 1082D

Delete the contents of that folder

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserAccountName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Xlive\DLC\541082d

C:\Documents and Settings\UserAccountName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Xlive\Content

C:\Documents and Settings\UserAccountName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Xlive\Syscache

Delete the contents of those folders

Then reload the client and try to download and install again.

I hope this helps.