PDA

View Full Version : List of Metro 2033 Reviews

Phare
03-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Here are a list of Metro 2033 reviews so far.

GameStar (German PC magazine) = 8.5/10

Xbox 360 Magazine (UK) = 8/10

GamesRadar = 9/10

GamePro = 86%

Xbox World 360 (CVG) = 9/10

GameReactor = 7/10

More can be seen below:

http://metro2033forums.com/index.php?topic=131.0

TurkeySandwhich
03-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Here are a list of Metro 2033 reviews so far.

GameStar (German PC magazine) = 8.5/10

Xbox 360 Magazine (UK) = 8/10

GamesRadar = 9/10

GamePro = 86%

Xbox World 360 (CVG) = 9/10

GameReactor = 7/10

More can be seen below:

http://metro2033forums.com/index.php?topic=131.0

Seems that most of them are for the 360. There was word that the optimization for the PC wasn't too good.

JimBeamBlack
03-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Not bad at all!! If this game is ANYTHING like the STALKER series only better?? its going to be a smash hit with me!!

As performance issues can be patched the only other thing that really bugs me is the rumor of a short single player game , re playability aside , I wish they would go back to the old days of 30 to 40 hours standard for SP campaigns. Unreal (1) , Doom , Doom II , Doom 3 (with the highlights mod) Quake I II and IV!! Pray.....games like that.

although , the MOD community for the STALKER games (and most likely this one) is strong so expect good things even after the game has been played a few times!!

I'm fired up!! and props to STEAM for the preload!!

TheOD
03-13-2010, 04:36 PM
I wish they would go back to the old days of 30 to 40 hours standard for SP campaigns. Unreal (1) , Doom , Doom II , Doom 3 (with the highlights mod) Quake I II and IV!! Pray.....games like that.

...those are definitely far from being 30 to 40 hours long, seriously, Doom 1, 2 and Quake 1 can be finished within 5 hours easy, something is wrong if you spend a whole hour on a single level in those (altho you could easily get lost in some Doom 1 levels). Prey is also 7-8 hours long, Doom 3 and Quake 2-4 are about 10 hours long, Unreal is also much shorter then that.

As for this game, it's based on a novel and they're concentrating on the story rather then the gameplay, I doubt extending the game with filler material to make it longer then it needs to be would be a wise idea.

TurkeySandwhich
03-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Not bad at all!! If this game is ANYTHING like the STALKER series only better?? its going to be a smash hit with me!!

As performance issues can be patched the only other thing that really bugs me is the rumor of a short single player game , re playability aside , I wish they would go back to the old days of 30 to 40 hours standard for SP campaigns. Unreal (1) , Doom , Doom II , Doom 3 (with the highlights mod) Quake I II and IV!! Pray.....games like that.

although , the MOD community for the STALKER games (and most likely this one) is strong so expect good things even after the game has been played a few times!!

I'm fired up!! and props to STEAM for the preload!!

The problem is this is a THQ game and they haven't had the best history of actually fixing the problems for their PC catalog.

kamikazekrieg
03-13-2010, 05:17 PM

you keep talking about STALKER, i think youre going to be somewhat let down as this game is no where near as hardcore as STALKER. expect alot of hand holding.

if i could illustrate:

-STALKER: tuff, like a strong shot of vodka.

-Metro2033: a light beer, you wont be called a ♥♥♥

-Fallout 3: wine cooler. even my grandma can have one.

HylianTheBlade
03-13-2010, 05:32 PM
you keep talking about STALKER, i think youre going to be somewhat let down as this game is no where near as hardcore as STALKER. expect alot of hand holding.

if i could illustrate:

-STALKER: tuff, like a strong shot of vodka.

-Metro2033: a light beer, you wont be called a ♥♥♥

-Fallout 3: wine cooler. even my grandma can have one.

oh? so how is the game.
i mean you've played it already start to finish right?

JimBeamBlack
03-13-2010, 06:48 PM
lol , when did this board go anal?? yikes you give your opinion about a GAME and all of the sudden you have to start fact checking!! lol....wow lighten up.....its just a game.

First off there is NOTHING wrong with taking your time to finish a PC game , there is however something VERY wrong with the need to finish one in record time , so see a doctor if this persists. It took me no less than 30 hours to finish the FIRST Unreal , I took my time and soaked up every drop of atmosphere and tried every route and some battles 2 and 3 times just because , and i played it with the OpenGL patch!! if you haven't seen that its a must!! and you might wanna give Doom 3 another try , on hard , with the highlights mod (just awesome re-textured visuals will have you staring at the texture of the floors)!!! 20 to 30 hours easy!!

and who said anything about adding filler?? surly not me. and for the record if something is "Based" on something else it is usually NOT verbatim so...yeah. for instance STALKER (hey look...I'm mentioning it again!! call the Perfect Police!!) was based on a short story Road side Picnic and a Russian Movie STALKER (<<<--look!! there it is again!! lol) and its barely like either one....BUT it is based on them both and its much better then both as well sooo...go figure

and yes I do keep mentioning STALKER because its an awesome game/series and some of the guys who made it worked on this one if I'm not mistaken , but how do you know its nothing like it? you've played it before its been released?? Well I have not BUT I have played through all 3 STALKERS at least twice each and many mods included and I have seen the video of Metro2033 several times and even though its a much different story I bet you dollars to donuts it has the same feel , atmosphere and combat!! and THATS what I was talking about.;)

and yeah , not a great tack record...so far!! but there is always hope that just because someone has failed in the past doesn't mean they didn't learn something along the way. so i will hold out hope that this game run awesome for me and if not gets patched in a timely basis.

cheers!!

HylianTheBlade
03-13-2010, 07:02 PM
^
really didn't need to pull out the wall of text to prove the guy who has no idea what hes talking about wrong -_-

JimBeamBlack
03-13-2010, 07:17 PM
yeah I know...but I have a lot of Land Shark Brews and some time to screw off so...lol

ahhhh beer!!

MrDeathhimself
03-13-2010, 08:19 PM
hmm im not worried about the length of the game as much as i am gameplay and from what i have looks pretty decent

kamikazekrieg
03-13-2010, 09:28 PM
watching the gameplay of Metro 2033, and watching the gameplay of STALKER, you will quickly come to the realization that Metro 2033 isnt as hardcore as STALKER is. you should get your head checked.

PS: not saying Metro 2033 wont be fun, it will be, but if youre looking for another STALKER, you might want to just replay "call of priypat" in the meantime.

TheOD
03-13-2010, 10:32 PM
First off there is NOTHING wrong with taking your time to finish a PC game , there is however something VERY wrong with the need to finish one in record time , so see a doctor if this persists. It took me no less than 30 hours to finish the FIRST Unreal , I took my time and soaked up every drop of atmosphere and tried every route and some battles 2 and 3 times just because , and i played it with the OpenGL patch!! if you haven't seen that its a must!! and you might wanna give Doom 3 another try , on hard , with the highlights mod (just awesome re-textured visuals will have you staring at the texture of the floors)!!! 20 to 30 hours easy!!

and who said anything about adding filler?? surly not me. and for the record if something is "Based" on something else it is usually NOT verbatim so...yeah. for instance STALKER (hey look...I'm mentioning it again!! call the Perfect Police!!) was based on a short story Road side Picnic and a Russian Movie STALKER (<<<--look!! there it is again!! lol) and its barely like either one....BUT it is based on them both and its much better then both as well sooo...go figure

Using harder difficulties or taking your time as a argument is kind of flaky, for all you know, you could easily spend 20-30 hours in Metro 2033 by really taking your time or playing at a higher difficulty if you have the choice, making this whole CAMPAIGN IS SHORT complain invalid.
It would also mean that almost any games with short campaigns released these days can turn into long ones just by increasing the difficulty, see where I'm going?

Not to mention that most of the games you listed have relatively short levels, especially Doom 1/2 and Quake, well designed, but short.
Christ, I take my time playing games as well, I've got 25 hours in Call of Pripyat and I'm still not in Pripyat even tho I probably should be by now. I have never ever spent more then 30 minutes on a level in Doom or Quake when I first played those, especially Quake as its levels are designed to be more straightforward then most fps of the time.
I also suggest you look at how long those are going by record time, you'll see that they can be MUCH shorter then the time I attributed them.

As for filler, the difference here is STALKER isn't going with Roadside Picnic as its story, it was inspired by that and the movie Stalker, Metro 2033 on the other end is based DIRECTLY off the book, it IS the story of the book, adding to the story would be adding filler and could easily ruin it.

Hell, turning a novel into a game is already something you don't ever hear of unless it's an adventure game, tying up the gameplay with the story is already a hard task seeing as video game writing is different from writing a novel.

Kilolas
03-14-2010, 01:34 PM
for instance STALKER (hey look...I'm mentioning it again!! call the Perfect Police!!) was based on a short story Road side Picnic and a Russian Movie STALKER (<<<--look!! there it is again!! lol) and its barely like either one....BUT it is based on them both and its much better then both as well sooo...go figure

You're comparing a video game to a movie and a book, how does that work exactly? Also the book and the movie were superb, and once again how are you even trying to call one better than the other!? First of all, the only thing Stalker has in common with the two are the Zone, Stalkers, and in SoC the Wish Granter (except in the game its the C-consciousness). Roadside Picnic took place in Canada and is about a Stalker's life. Also the movie was about a Stalker taking two people to find the Wish Granting room. No one even lives in the zone, no Chernobyl or mutants, in the book it believed to be what aliens left on Earth.

JimBeamBlack
03-14-2010, 01:47 PM
lol , you guys crack me up..no lie

ITS A GAME!!!

yikes..lol

Kilolas
03-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Yea it is a game... I'm not arguing about which is better I just had to post because I saw some idiot trying to compare 2 completely different mediums.

Zandeus
03-14-2010, 06:50 PM
I think Stalker has its own CULT... The people who love it, will bleed and die for it. Everyone else finds its "meh".

I'm on the "meh" side of the fence. Played it for 10 or so min. I was SOOO BORED!

Phare
03-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Some Spanish games site called 3D Juegos gave it a 9/10.

princej3
03-15-2010, 09:55 AM
I think Stalker has its own CULT... The people who love it, will bleed and die for it. Everyone else finds its "meh".

I'm on the "meh" side of the fence. Played it for 10 or so min. I was SOOO BORED!

I have to admit this was me too, the latter. The first time I played it (after picking it up on the Steam sale) was for only 10 minutes or so and then I quit and refused to look back. But I came back to try Call of Pripyat, and since then SoC w/ Complete 2009 and LURK... and lately I've become the former.

Having said all that, I'm still very excited for Metro 2033. Unlock can't come soon enough!

iMart
03-15-2010, 10:05 AM
I also hate stalker just not my thing I tied stalker SoC when it was on sale for about 3 and got bored after about 20mins and I bought stalker CoP when it was released and same thing got bored in 20mins just not my type of game. Also can't wait for this game it looks great from the gameplay footage I seen and looks nothing like stalker which is good for me. :)

chiffmonkey
03-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I think the beginnings of SoC and CoP put people off stalker games. In SoC the first mission is ridicculously hard compared to the rest of the game and a steep learning curve for fps players, and in CoP you are just randomly spawned in a wilderness for no aparrent reason.

Perch
03-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Good Game review: http://♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.com/yk3o3hf
Click the link the bottom of the page to watch the video. :)

TurkeySandwhich
03-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Good Game review: http://♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.com/yk3o3hf
Click the link the bottom of the page to watch the video. :)

Need to edit the website.

JK_DC
03-15-2010, 02:48 PM
I only wonder about the replayability since it is heavily story based,

Varg
03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
PC Gameplay (Dutch PC game magazine) gave it a 8.3/10

chrisdglong
03-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I think I'll wait for a weekend deal on this one. It's not a must have game like MW2 or BC2. No MP = wait for a bargain