PDA

View Full Version : What the hell ???

Disabled Option
03-13-2010, 02:34 PM
-Light attacks don't work on heavy attacks.
This just happened to me 4 times in a row.Other people have reported it too.
-Block does not block
Again just came from a game, where I got killed because of it like 3 times in a row.

REBELLION FIX YOUR ♥♥♥♥ING GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sin Red
03-13-2010, 02:51 PM
surely even a braindead moron understands the concept of lag?

Disabled Option
03-13-2010, 02:55 PM
surely even a braindead moron understands the concept of lag?

It's not because of lag.

Cottonbud1
03-13-2010, 02:56 PM
It's not because of lag.

evidence?

SolidusPrime
03-13-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm on these forums more than I should proboly admit, and I don't really recall anyone complaining that the moves just outright don't work.

Lag complaints, yes. But never that attacks and block just aren't registering. If I had to guess I would either say it's lag you aren't noticing, or a lack of skill you don't want to admit.

Just a guess though.

Disabled Option
03-13-2010, 03:17 PM
No it just won't do anything.
It hits them(when doing the LA), but they still continue with the heavy attack like nothing happened.It's infuriating.
Blocking is a little iffy though.I had many successful blocks, but at the same game even, I've been hit by a Light attack while I was blocking.Just doesn't make sense.

People report the same ♥♥♥♥ happening in the Sega forums.

Also heavy attack work fine for everybody.

Ch@cky
03-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Call it a lack of skill idc but : I cant stop a HA of a pred against me ( as alien ) either...he always hits me...

Paddles
03-13-2010, 03:25 PM
If my guess is correct then what is happening is that (This happens to me).

You block thinking they are going to do a Light Attack they then throw a Hard Attack at you at the last second you Light Attack them countering the move they make, you make contact knocking back the opponent but their Hard Attack still follows through and it makes contact with you.

If i am correct and this is what happens to you then yes i'll admit he is correct it's a bug in the game that needs fixing.

Although i've never had the blocking issue my blocks always work unless i'm to slow and they hit me before my block finishes.

Ch@cky
03-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Thatīs probably the case most of the times yep...either Iīm to slow when they r doing a HA and it still hits me in the last second even though I did a la to stop his HA...itīs really annoying

Paddles
03-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Quite an annoying bug it will need fixing it happens alot.

So it's not lack of skill on the gamer it's lack of patches to fix the bugs.

Hazz-JB
03-13-2010, 04:01 PM
This sounds like text book lag. The guy is hitting you, but you don't see the attack happen until it's already hit. So even if you attack or block before you SEE them attack, the game registers his attack first.

Ch@cky
03-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Nope the prob is a mix of lack of skill ( np admitting that ) and kind of a bug? I dunno...but its always the same story :

I jump a pred...then I try to block his la attack which in most castes follows up...I successfully block it...counter...next light attack of me...he starts a HA which i also try to counter with a light..BUT it hits me...I get knocked back -> dead -.-

the most annoying thing is : a pred even knocks u back with a leap attack...I which case u r mostly dead again ^^ itīs kinda...dissapointing how much superior a pred is terms of melee fighting ( dont have to mention ranged attacks cuz alien doesnīt have ANY ranged attacks ;D )

AFireEternal
03-14-2010, 12:37 AM
It's hard to say, because I've been the "host" on a ranked game (e.g., zero ping) and I've gotten the exact same issues as the OP. Maybe the lag from the other players has something to do with it? Their pings were only like 100-175 or so, though, so it seems pretty ridiculous. I do think the netcode for this game is pretty crap, though, considering I can have a ping around 100 and still get tons of lag happening.

AFireEternal
03-14-2010, 12:41 AM
This sounds like text book lag. The guy is hitting you, but you don't see the attack happen until it's already hit. So even if you attack or block before you SEE them attack, the game registers his attack first.

Which is complete bull♥♥♥♥ and completely breaks the melee system for this game with a ping over 50. If the netcode is not good enough to allow for client-side animations (as is the case with this game) then the melee needs to be server-side.