PDA

View Full Version : Next CS?

padliuz
03-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Yes I know you all wondering what am I talking about, but Tactical Intervention could be called next CS, because it is made by same person who invented CS and recently 5 new screens were published. And Yes I saw tactical shield in 3d mode. Interesting.

EDIT: FOOTAGE - http://n4g.com/pc/News-490942.aspx

defragen1911
03-13-2010, 05:23 PM
please link to this tactical shield footage?

Kidrage
03-13-2010, 07:21 PM
As of now I see no reason for anyone to think this is near 1.6 or Source. The videos and pictures shown look like the gameplay is falling into the CoD type gameplay. Grenade launchers? Fire nades? and etc.

It doesn't seem much is pulled from Counter Strike but just it's name. Yes, I know Minh is behind this, but he doesn't have the ValvE team behind him and their work they added to those games.

From what I've been reading sniper rifles have been taken out of that game, and if that's true it will upset all the people who use those in these games. I find why 1.6 and Source are still the top FPS played is cause they're simple, and easy to learn the rule/understanding. In this, you see rolling on the floor, rappeling and some dogs? That just seems odd to me, but I don't think the CS community will like it as much as these ones.

defragen1911
03-13-2010, 08:11 PM
As of now I see no reason for anyone to think this is near 1.6 or Source. The videos and pictures shown look like the gameplay is falling into the CoD type gameplay. Grenade launchers? Fire nades? and etc.

It doesn't seem much is pulled from Counter Strike but just it's name. Yes, I know Minh is behind this, but he doesn't have the ValvE team behind him and their work they added to those games.

From what I've been reading sniper rifles have been taken out of that game, and if that's true it will upset all the people who use those in these games. I find why 1.6 and Source are still the top FPS played is cause they're simple, and easy to learn the rule/understanding. In this, you see rolling on the floor, rappeling and some dogs? That just seems odd to me, but I don't think the CS community will like it as much as these ones.

all the guns behave like you would expect them to in a cs game
I'm pretty sure recoil system in cs is a big trademark

u also forgot other cool features
like raising your gun to shoot over cover blindly
leaning
door breach charges
hostage shields
vehicles and being able to shoot out of passenger seats

this game is a lot more counter-terrorism than cs
and I'm pretty sure this is what minh wanted to do but it just wasn't feasible back in the day when he made 1.6

this is like wet dream for a counter-terrorism gamer
I can just image a bank robbery map with a get away vehicle for the terrorists

This game is what cs was originally meant to be

Kidrage
03-13-2010, 11:25 PM
I don't know about this is what cs was meant to be. Look at the time those games were made, and STILL have large communities. FPS games now last a year before the new one comes out, and the people migrate to the new one because it has 3-5 new things and more maps. 1.6 and Source are both legendary in the FPS area. And in that video it looked like the person was spraying to kill someone, not how I see people play CS games. Some do of course, but not the skilled.

like raising your gun to shoot over cover blindly
leaning
door breach charges
hostage shields
vehicles and being able to shoot out of passenger seats

For me, I wouldn't want any of those things in a Counter-Strike game. Like I said, the big reason people got hooked on Counter-Strike was how simple it was, and easy to get into. If a new player has to worry about lean, shoot gun over counter, shields (noob thing), breaching certain things it gets them confused sadly.

Games like that don't last like 1.6 or Source. Get back to me in one year from today, and lets see how many people are on MW2, and BC2 (the newest, and hotest FPS games that came out recently) and I bet you 1.6 and Source will still be on the top because newer people are able to jump right in, not level and have to worry about mixing a MMO into a FPS :)

defragen1911
03-14-2010, 07:33 AM
I don't know about this is what cs was meant to be. Look at the time those games were made, and STILL have large communities. FPS games now last a year before the new one comes out, and the people migrate to the new one because it has 3-5 new things and more maps. 1.6 and Source are both legendary in the FPS area. And in that video it looked like the person was spraying to kill someone, not how I see people play CS games. Some do of course, but not the skilled.

For me, I wouldn't want any of those things in a Counter-Strike game. Like I said, the big reason people got hooked on Counter-Strike was how simple it was, and easy to get into. If a new player has to worry about lean, shoot gun over counter, shields (noob thing), breaching certain things it gets them confused sadly.

Games like that don't last like 1.6 or Source. Get back to me in one year from today, and lets see how many people are on MW2, and BC2 (the newest, and hotest FPS games that came out recently) and I bet you 1.6 and Source will still be on the top because newer people are able to jump right in, not level and have to worry about mixing a MMO into a FPS :)

what minh wants and what cs community wants are two different things

He openly admitted that he couldn't do the things he wanted to in counter-strike because the community would go ape****
Counter-strike is one thing, Tactical Intervention is another

Source? interview (http://pc.ign.com/articles/102/1028810p1.html)

"I just want to make a game that's a lot of fun for people to play; something that's not complicated."

the game he wanted Counter-Strike to be but was never able to make happen or call his own. "I enjoyed Counter-Strike," Minh recalls, "but I wanted to have my own game. I was never able to put in all the cool features I wanted because the people who played Counter-Strike would [complain] about all the changes. They liked the game as it is."

I mean cmon we are talking about the creator of counter-strike!@!!!!
You don't make counter-strike on accident ( you hear ppl talk about accidental balance )
Its impossible
I am predicting that this game will be really good

pbfanatic321
03-14-2010, 11:35 AM
This Tactical Intervention game would be a step down from CSS. Maybe even 1.6 lol.

Kidrage
03-14-2010, 02:00 PM
@Defragen Like he said in the interviews, he wanted to do things but if he did, the Counter-Strike community would probably go nuts and we would see a mass suicide from what he wanted to do.

And yes, I know you can't create any of the top ValvE games on accident, or without brilliant people. I just don't see this game having all the "simple" concepts 1.6 or Source has. Hell, you can't roll or even grapple in MW2(single player, yes), or BC2 (haven’t finished SP).

No matter how it looks, of course I would give it a try to see what he's able to do from his works alone. I was wondering if at E3 we would see a great preview to change my views dramatically but I don't know how he would present it.

And you seem to know info on this, and since I haven’t read/seen all these interviews you might know. Since he's not with ValvE, it's not on the Source engine, is it? or did he create a new engine from scrap too?

defragen1911
03-14-2010, 09:03 PM
@Defragen Like he said in the interviews, he wanted to do things but if he did, the Counter-Strike community would probably go nuts and we would see a mass suicide from what he wanted to do.

And yes, I know you can't create any of the top ValvE games on accident, or without brilliant people. I just don't see this game having all the "simple" concepts 1.6 or Source has. Hell, you can't roll or even grapple in MW2(single player, yes), or BC2 (haven’t finished SP).

No matter how it looks, of course I would give it a try to see what he's able to do from his works alone. I was wondering if at E3 we would see a great preview to change my views dramatically but I don't know how he would present it.

And you seem to know info on this, and since I haven’t read/seen all these interviews you might know. Since he's not with ValvE, it's not on the Source engine, is it? or did he create a new engine from scrap too?
Its using modified source engine ( modified from a more recent version of source )

And I wouldn't really rely on media for this game
its very clear they have poor showmanship skills
but I'm sure nobody will care afterward because they will make a solid delivery

I mean its obvious there not making "good" impressions with fuzzy low res screenshots
and demo vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDwJqjSWzE) of them running around the game with sv_cheats 1

But if you are more knowledgeable about it - and see past this.. you'll see that this game will be great
and in terms of graphics you can even see the l4d style muzzle flashes and how they cast dynamic shadows in the demonstration video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDwJqjSWzE)
you can see the dynamic shadows being casted at 5:00

Kidrage
03-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Hmm, that does look good :) Just kinda odd how the shirts that were being shot were bouncing all over, not shreading :p

Most likely I would pick it up no matter what, just because it can't be worse than the FPS games that are made these days.

RambJoe
03-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Anyone else think they purposely let the Portal 2 rumour leak out then announced it, to distract us from CS2/HL3, and then release them at the same time?

I hope so. :)

Kidrage
03-15-2010, 12:45 PM
I think they let it leak for the purpose E3 is coming soon, and they will have something big to show, like when they presented the big TF2 clip at the convention.

I doubt it, but.. I wouldn't mind if they released those with it! :D

theweapon56
03-15-2010, 10:00 PM
from the looks of it this games looks like it won`t be very demanding in system requirements it looks like it will be similar to CCS in system requirements that's a good thing for me.

Hoj0
03-16-2010, 12:10 AM
This Tactical Intervention game would be a step down from CSS. Maybe even 1.6 lol.

judging from the screens it looks like combat arms... another garbage game :/

1.6....great
source...good but full of bugs

this....new thing.....garbage

defragen1911
03-16-2010, 12:18 AM
judging from the screens it looks like combat arms... another garbage game :/

1.6....great
source...good but full of bugs

this....new thing.....garbage

judging from your comments... another garbage post ;/

combat arms... cs rip off