PDA

View Full Version : R.U.S.E era 2010

killuforfree
03-13-2010, 04:00 PM
i think a modern R.U.S.E. would be awesome! any word on if there is going to be any more era's than whats in the beta?

camero
03-13-2010, 04:05 PM
the game isnt even out yet its only going to be and its only going to be WWII

smitysmit
03-13-2010, 05:13 PM
i think a modern R.U.S.E. would be awesome! any word on if there is going to be any more era's than whats in the beta?i think their are some later and earlier eras but no modern ones.

m456arcus
03-13-2010, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't like a modern version as much as I love WW2.

ikarugan1984
03-13-2010, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't like a modern version as much as I love WW2.

What about a Korean War or Vietnam era units? At least then France being in this would make sense.

BoingBoing
03-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Would be impossible to balance a modern R.U.S.E.

You would just send fast jets to bomb and you win in 2 seconds. Rounds would last shorter.

fyrevortex
03-14-2010, 03:48 AM

You would just send fast jets to bomb and you win in 2 seconds. Rounds would last shorter.

Na. Just launch a nuke and the game would be over already. ;)

DasGuntLord01
03-14-2010, 03:56 AM
The problem with a modern ruse is that you should have to upgrade the scale a lot. And then the combat would be between long range missiles and strike fighters, before the victor rolled through with tanks and finished the badly blooded enemy off.

Or, you could play World in Conflict, which is still pretty good if you like the modern stuff.

What about a Korean War or Vietnam era units?

This style of gameplay would suit Vietnam perfectly, IMO, minus some obvious (but intriguing) balance issues between VC/PAVN and US.

ikarugan1984
03-14-2010, 06:08 AM
This style of gameplay would suit Vietnam perfectly, IMO, minus some obvious (but intriguing) balance issues between VC/PAVN and US.

Don't forget the French were also involved in Vietnam initially, it was their surrender and retreat from the area (sounds familiar) that caused America to go in.

fyrevortex
03-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Don't forget the French were also involved in Vietnam initially, it was their surrender and retreat from the area (sounds familiar) that caused America to go in.

Perfect expansion for RUSE, wouldn't it? Still kinda in World War 2 (But going too far into the era of Nukes wouldn't be that good.)

Could also include the Pacific Naval warfare. China, Japan, US, ...

cablelag
03-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Rome Era FTW

Fijgum
03-15-2010, 08:11 AM
nother problem is that todays wars are not symmetrical anymore.

Having your forces crush a whole nation with little resistance is not that much fun.

Or bombing your base from outside of the map with long range missiles... meh v('-')v

dzaxis
03-15-2010, 10:53 AM
i'll say the korean war is better, you have 2 major factions,China and USA, and 2 minor factions, North K, and South K. the major factions should be very different, one is mass zerging, and one is with tanks and air. North K will be soviet equipments, and south hmmm, dono...

Bluestrike
03-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Ruse2010/WW3 sounds nice and them I'm not talking about rich modern ary vs poor crap army. Would probably need bigger maps to compensate for modern speed :)

Nothing a ground to air missile should not stop.

fyrevortex
03-16-2010, 03:57 AM
i'll say the korean war is better, you have 2 major factions,China and USA, and 2 minor factions, North K, and South K. the major factions should be very different, one is mass zerging, and one is with tanks and air. North K will be soviet equipments, and south hmmm, dono...

Actually, technically it was Russia+China and USA as the major factions. While Russia did not provide military support, they did pour in money to support China (Mostly South Korea though.).

However it was just China fighting with North Korea vs the South I think.

intence muffin
04-06-2010, 09:31 PM
What about a Korean War or Vietnam era units? At least then France being in this would make sense.

????? france does make sense germany and france are right next to each other france was like ran a lot intellegence missions and was one of places of the massive offensive in the late WWII with the allied forces and the russians attacking from the east

intence muffin
04-06-2010, 09:40 PM

????? france does make sense germany and france are right next to each other france was like ran a lot intellegence missions and was one of places of the massive offensive in the late WWII with the allied forces and the russians attacking from the west

Space111
04-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Games companies love franchises, so if RUSE is successful (which I think it will be), then I'm sure we'll see other theatres in future releases.

ks_ratchet
04-07-2010, 01:39 AM
I'd like it to be in midle ages. Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth anyone :D

Mr.Zed
04-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Why not cold war era aswell?

Korea, sabre jet / migs
Vietnam, Phantoms / migs
Kuwait, (not Cold war but it could be fun) start to see modern units

and cos of the even more faster units the maps should be even bigger than in RUSE WW2

Namomo
04-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Era 1939-
German and Italy starts with massive infantry and several light tanks.
France and U.S.S.R. have half of the depot built at start , but they have no troops and they don't have access to military buildings unless they build a council (a tiny $300 dollars fragile building) and complete a research in the council called "declare war" (Cost $500 and takes 30 minutes to research)
UK share the same rules as the France and U.S.S.R. were , but they got most of the depot at start and they got massive troops garrison next to them.
German and Italy cannot pass the line of UK with ground troops , but they can attack UK with aircrafts.
US starts with 100 admin buildings , but the US never have any access to military buildings nor any units in 1939 Era.

Era 1942-
German and italy have massive infantry and a good amount of light , medium , heavy tanks , artillery at start , they also owned half of the depots on the map , yet all those depots have only $9 left.
France , UK and U.S.S.R. have other half map of depots with unlimited supplies. They have even more unit than German or Italy at start.
France , UK and U.S.S.R. can instant won the game by completing research in council called "Ask the US for help!" ($1 , takes 1 second to research) , but this research will have no effect if opponents team have US player.
U.S.S.R. can instantly defeat any German player (by the mean "any" it applies to friendly German player also) by completing research in council called "General Winter" ($1 , takes 20 minutes to research)
US starts with 100 admin buildings and massive amount of armored unit at bay , but cannot attack the german or italy and have no access to military buildings unless they build a council (a tiny $300 dollars fragile building) and complete a research in the council called "pearl harbor" (Cost $100 and takes 10 minutes to research)
US will get unlimited ruse and money after the research "pearl harbor" is completed.
Note - Research "pearl harbor" will automatically and instantly complete if any US troops were being fired.

Era 1945-
German and Italy starts with 10 unit of infantry.
US starts with massive units and and 100 admin buildings.
There will be only depot at the side of France , Uk , U.S.S.R. or US.
France , UK and U.S.S.R. starts with 5 military building of every with massive unit next to it.
France , UK and U.S.S.R. would have unlimited money if they completed research "Uncle Sam" ($1 , takes 1 second to research) in council.
If the US player researched "Unconditional surrender"($100 , takes 10 minutes to research) in their council, all the German players (By the mean "all" this applies to friendly German player also) in game will have their account deleted if they surrender.

Ansonr
04-07-2010, 04:15 PM
France completely makes sense. They fought in the war for about a year before the Germans out maneuvered their Maginot line. With that logic you might as well not be able be able to play as the US, I mean we didn't even enter the war until December of 41' and even then didn't make any major moves in Europe until D-Day which was in 44' which I should mention was aided by the French Resistance.

Gmer_freak
04-07-2010, 08:59 PM
How about the Pacific Battles for an expansion pack, add Korea, Japan and China for some Asian and Pacific Battles.....

Mr.Zed
04-08-2010, 05:05 AM
USA did actually go into north africa before D-day and made Italy surrender in '43. in '44 the allies conviced sovjet to push germany too, along with D-day offencive germany couldn't hold a 2 front line.

Ansonr
04-08-2010, 10:31 AM
I knew the US went into Africa and Italy before D-Day, my main point was that France was quite involved in the war, and that if people were going to argue that "They did nothing in WW2" they were quite mistaken.

LadyScattergun
04-09-2010, 03:42 AM
I'd love to see this also. Its probably not something that will be done right away, but if the game goes well upon its release I bet they'll add new time periods or at the least people will make mods.