PDA

View Full Version : inermittent slowdown with crackling dialog and sound

boateye
03-13-2010, 04:13 PM
I just got B:AA because of the sale. the demo ran just fine on my computer, but now that i got the full game i've been having problems.

i can play on max settings (with AA and AO off), and i get an average of 30 FPS for about 5 minutes. after ~5 minutes, the game will slow to <10 FPS for about 30 seconds. during this slowdown period, all sounds, including dialog, will get crackly and staticy. not only that, all dialog will double up like i have two copies of the game running (EX: "I'm Batman." sounds like"I-I'm Bat-Batman.")

i have tried lowering the settings like turning lighting and shadows off, lowering textures, ETC, but all that does is delay the inevitable slowdown period.

i am runing a Gateway P-7811 FX. Stats HERE (http://www.digitgeek.com/gateway-p-7811fx-review/)

mithhunter55
03-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I hate the lack of control on graphics settings I just want to turn the models down. I ran the benchmark and i could tell it was slowing down every time a character was on the screen.

subsist
03-14-2010, 07:20 AM
I too are getting static in the sound, to the point of being very annoying, just out of interest, what speakers/headphones are you using or soundcard?

boateye
03-14-2010, 03:29 PM
it doesnt matter if i use my onboard speakers, or my eDimensional Ben Heck headphones. i get this exact same problem with crysis. i am just using my on board soundcard

Paj
04-07-2010, 03:43 PM
I have the stuttering problem. I have a Dell XPS 1530, no realtek soundcard, running the staem version of the game. game gets an avg of about 45 in the benchmark. runs fine but then sound starts to stutter.

I have updated my video card and soundcard drivers. tried the hackks mentioned here (http://www.unigamesity.com/how-to-fix-batman-arkham-asylum-crashes-and-freezes/#comment-22569)

changing both values = instant crash, changing channels to 32 only = a few seconds of play, seemingly improved, then crash.

can a patch not rectify this? its the only game that has this problem - other unreal 3 engine games run well.