PDA

View Full Version : I WHANT MY F***ING MONEY BACK!

Psytos
03-14-2010, 03:00 PM
OK THIS IS ♥♥♥♥ING BULL♥♥♥♥! ive been using some months now to find out why i cant play css any more, and i installed css on a different computer, it worked the first day, but next day css wouldent work at all, and everything i install trough steam installs in Steamapps as gcf files, the computer im using now is using windows vista, and the computer i installed on 3 days ago is windows xp, so it cant have anything to do with software, and both computers have video drivers uptodate, and its not only css that dosent work, it is half life 2 too, and HL2 stopped working WAY after css stopped working, but i can play Team Fortress 2, so its just a matter of time before TF2 wont work! >=(

Kidrage
03-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Try to relax, and explain this better please.

Why can't you play? Are you getting an error code, does it not run? There are a list of things, so try to narrow it down please.

And also, what are your specs for us to help you.

Link (http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/)

Read #4 to see how returns are handled as well, if you want.

5UB
03-14-2010, 03:19 PM
What are your specs of your PC?

It works fine for me, and a few other thousand people.

Psytos
03-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Try to relax, and explain this better please.

Why can't you play? Are you getting an error code, does it not run? There are a list of things, so try to narrow it down please.

And also, what are your specs for us to help you.

it dosent have anything to do with specs, i have tried it on 2 totally diferent computers with WAY different specs, i even wrote it worked the first day on the computer i installed on 3 days ago, and i alredy wrote that it dosent work, the only thing that happens when i trie to launch css or HL2 is that the small loading window pops up, but the game wont start, it says its loading the games, but the games NEVER pops up, ive tried checking if it whas running, but its not.
im not getting any error code, ive tried to put all the files in the Counter Strike Source gcf files in the cstrike folder, but that dosent work either, and when i delete the gcf files the game uninstals.

KingFisher316
03-14-2010, 03:33 PM
If it's anything like I experienced a while ago, CSS used to make my pc restart for now reason, there were no solutions.
This is what I did..
Try cleaning out the inside of your pc so that it doesn't overheat.
It can cause PC's to mess up if your fans are blocked.

Psytos
03-14-2010, 03:35 PM
If it's anything like I experienced a while ago, CSS used to make my pc restart for now reason, there were no solutions.
This is what I did..
Try cleaning out the inside of your pc so that it doesn't overheat.
It can cause PC's to mess up if your fans are blocked.

dude, that has NOTHING to do with my problem! -.-
if you just read what im writing, it says that the game wont start, and that ive tried it on 2 VERY different computers!

Kidrage
03-14-2010, 03:58 PM
it dosent have anything to do with specs, i have tried it on 2 totally diferent computers with WAY different specs, i even wrote it worked the first day on the computer i installed on 3 days ago, and i alredy wrote that it dosent work, the only thing that happens when i trie to launch css or HL2 is that the small loading window pops up, but the game wont start, it says its loading the games, but the games NEVER pops up, ive tried checking if it whas running, but its not.
im not getting any error code, ive tried to put all the files in the Counter Strike Source gcf files in the cstrike folder, but that dosent work either, and when i delete the gcf files the game uninstals.

Try not to get mad and get a little odd on people trying to help you. Lets see if we can find your issue.

When you say "ive tried to put all the files in the Counter Strike Source gcf files in the cstrike folder"

I'm just wondering why you can't install without doing all that? You shouldn't need to alter any file to start the game up. Have you downloaded skins or something that would need you to alter the files?

Psytos
03-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Try not to get mad and get a little odd on people trying to help you. Lets see if we can find your issue.

When you say "ive tried to put all the files in the Counter Strike Source gcf files in the cstrike folder"

I'm just wondering why you can't install without doing all that? You shouldn't need to alter any file to start the game up. Have you downloaded skins or something that would need you to alter the files?

Before when i installed css or any other steam game, all the files where installed in the main game folder, and NOT in the Steamapps folder, and all the files that are installed in the steamapps folder are gcf files, and in those files are all the Sounds, Materials, models etc. folders that should have been in the cstrike folder, i dont use any skins, and this has nothing to do with skins, skins cant make the game not start, but skins can stop you from entering some servers, and i think it is a problem with my account, sins it dosent work on any computer i install the games on, my brother play css everyday, and he have NEVER got this problem, and if it is my account that is wrong with, then i should get a new account with all the games i have bought and delete the old account.

the.sooty
03-14-2010, 04:17 PM
ok a few standard troubleshooting procedures, it's basic stuff, but as you haven't given much to go on...

go into your steamapps folder/<your account name> and rename the "counter-strike source" or "half-life 2" folder to something else.

verify your cache files and try and relaunch it, it will recreate the folder with new files.

make sure you have directx installed, go to Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3) and get the latest version. <-- this is a likely culprit.

make sure you have installed a proper graphics driver, and aren't just using the windows standard ones.

install the c++ runtime libraries, i don't think HL2 or CSS use them, but it can't hurt, get the 2005 and 2008 versions from Microsoft. any games that actually need these should install them the first time you run it, but that can go wrong.

Psytos
03-14-2010, 04:17 PM
and one more thing, when i install css with the account im using now, it sais it that the file im installing is about 900mb, and that is just WAY too small, and im installing css on my old banned account, and it sais it is about 3,6gb, so yeah, its 99% chanse that it is my account that is ♥♥♥♥es up! =(

defragen1911
03-14-2010, 08:54 PM
What are your specs of your PC?

It works fine for me, and a few other thousand people.

few thousand

.... just a SLIGHT understatement

Kidrage
03-14-2010, 11:31 PM
few thousand

.... just a SLIGHT understatement

You know a few thousand, to a hundred thousand. All the same :p hehe, just messing.

5UB
03-15-2010, 02:25 AM
Still a few thousand. :)

Drop Bear
03-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Woah Woah Woah, did he say his old banned account? Lol that is all im interested in.

michael89
03-15-2010, 08:35 AM
dude, that has NOTHING to do with my problem! -.-
if you just read what im writing, it says that the game wont start, and that ive tried it on 2 VERY different computers!

If you wouldnt try to cause a massive headache to us with your typing, we could help you.

Instead you type stuff so messy, that we cant actually get a clear view of the problem.

Innocent Hawk
03-15-2010, 12:14 PM
If your account was banned, you can't play the game.

As far as I know, you need you re-buy the game on a new steam account with good VAC standing.

Another thing to try is make sure your video card driver and directx are up to date.

Lastly, if you use AOL Instant Messenger, I've had friends who have had it interfere with CS:S for some strange reason. Try uninstalling AIM and using a different messenger program that will allow you to log into your AIM,

TheHeretic
03-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Woah Woah Woah, did he say his old banned account? Lol that is all im interested in.

Does "ok pal ur messing with the rwrong gangster" sound familiar?

Psytos
03-15-2010, 04:37 PM
If your account was banned, you can't play the game.

As far as I know, you need you re-buy the game on a new steam account with good VAC standing.

Another thing to try is make sure your video card driver and directx are up to date.

Lastly, if you use AOL Instant Messenger, I've had friends who have had it interfere with CS:S for some strange reason. Try uninstalling AIM and using a different messenger program that will allow you to log into your AIM,

i didn't say that my account is banned, i said when i install the game on my old banned account, the file is much larger than the account i'm using now, and the account i'm using now is not banned.
and as i have already said, my video driver is uptodate, and i have already installed the latest Directx, if you just had read what i'm writing, then you would maybe understand what my problem is.
the problem that i'm having, is that the game won't start, when i launch css the only thing that pops up is the little window, that says the game is loading, but when that little window dissapears, nothing happens.
all of the css files are installed in the Steamapps folder as gcf files, but should have been installed in the cstrike folder as normal folders and files

the.sooty
03-15-2010, 04:59 PM
and as i have already said, my video driver is uptodate, and i have already installed the latest Directx, if you just had read what i'm writing, then you would maybe understand what my problem is.

Actually, you haven't said that your video card drives are up to date and that you have installed directx! I suggested it as a possible issue for this very reason.

The problem is that you don't seem to have written what you think you have, and what you have written isn't very clear. Can you put down as much information as possible, in as clear a way as possible.

The cstrike folder is 1.6, not source, is there a "counter strike source" folder being created from the gcf's?

When the starting game window comes up, start your task manager and look at the processes running, is hl2.exe actually starting?

what actual specs are the machines you have tried it on, they may have hardware known not to work, ie my laptop won't run it without 3danalyse emulating some hardware.

have you actually validated your cache files and made sure everything is fully downloaded (hl2 and cs source have common files, if you have hl2, the cs source download will be a lot smaller) it's uncommon, but steam occasionally tries to run a game before it's downloaded.

Also, telling people that you have had an account banned in the past is not likely to encourage much help, as accounts get banned for cheating, and the less known cheaters in the game, the better as far as most people are concerned!

Psytos
03-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Actually, you haven't said that your video card drives are up to date and that you have installed directx! I suggested it as a possible issue for this very reason.

The problem is that you don't seem to have written what you think you have, and what you have written isn't very clear. Can you put down as much information as possible, in as clear a way as possible.

The cstrike folder is 1.6, not source, is there a "counter strike source" folder being created from the gcf's?

When the starting game window comes up, start your task manager and look at the processes running, is hl2.exe actually starting?

what actual specs are the machines you have tried it on, they may have hardware known not to work, ie my laptop won't run it without 3danalyse emulating some hardware.

have you actually validated your cache files and made sure everything is fully downloaded (hl2 and cs source have common files, if you have hl2, the cs source download will be a lot smaller) it's uncommon, but steam occasionally tries to run a game before it's downloaded.

Also, telling people that you have had an account banned in the past is not likely to encourage much help, as accounts get banned for cheating, and the less known cheaters in the game, the better as far as most people are concerned!

No cstrike folder is NOT 1.6, everyone that play css has cstrike folder in counter strike source folder, and if you could just read what I write then you should see that I wrote "both computers have video drivers uptodate" so yes, I said that my video driver is uptodate, it is very annoying that I have to write everything I have already written again, just because someone doesn't take time to read what I've already written!

NO! the game does not run, I have already tried to see if the game is running even if the game does not appear on the screen

YES! my video driver is uptodate

And again, I have to say that the game works just fine before, but a few months ago it stopped working, I have tried almost everything that maybe you can get the game to work, but no matter what I do I end up with the gcf files, instead of the game installed as it did before.

And again, I have to say that the game worked on the computer I installed css on for a few days ago, the day I installed it, but the day after I got the same problem as I have on the computer I use now!

and yes I have validated my cache files and made sure everything is fully downloaded

so then I'm definitely going to have to buy css again and re-install vista, since the game does not work on my old user as well (yes, you can play css on banned users, but you can not play on VAC servers)

Kidrage
03-15-2010, 08:16 PM
And again, I have to say that the game works just fine before, but a few months ago it stopped working, I have tried almost everything that maybe you can get the game to work, but no matter what I do I end up with the gcf files, instead of the game installed as it did before.

You trying "almost everything" means nothing to us. We would need a list of the things, so we don't suggest you to do them if you already tried. And for you making things not as clear, and getting mad at people and trying to tell them to re-read what you posted won't help.

so then I'm definitely going to have to buy css again and re-install vista, since the game does not work on my old user as well (yes, you can play css on banned users, but you can not play on VAC servers)

I don't think someone who paid for a game, and did nothing wrong would want to pay for a game they already purchased. And for your VAC comment, it will only push people from helping you :)

Hoj0
03-16-2010, 12:05 AM
psytos,

#1, your a ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and stop being a troll.

#2 delete clientregistry.blob in the steam folder then restart steam.

#3 if that doesn't work, get a new steam account because apparently valve hates you.

Kilzet
03-16-2010, 03:43 AM
I bet he's a troll, with a real problem. But hasn't learned how to ask something non-troll-ish. ^^
This way nobody is gunna help him. :P

4ceown4g3
03-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Ok so i get what this guy is talking about cause I'm having the same issue. If I launch CSS the game loads up like its suppose to well that is what I thought anyway but it stops at the CSS screen right before you see find servers and all that ♥♥♥♥. Now if I mouse over to where the stuff would be I can hear the sound it makes when you mouse over them but I can not see them. This just happened after I installed the game the game ran fine for like an hour then I closed the game out. When I tried to start the game back up this is what happened. I know its not my drivers and what not as i just updated to the latest as i just reformatted and reinstalled all new drivers.

System Specs:

EVGA GTX280
INTEL Q6600 2.4Ghz Over Clocked to 3.2Ghz
4GB RAM
EVGA 780i Mobo
750W PSU

Jack Straw
03-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Have you checked out the list ofprograms that interfere with steam?
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

The Colour Blue
03-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Connect to steam, make sure the Counter-Strike: Source folder is located under Steamapps-> your user name

stephenyoung91
03-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Simple stuff realy, from what you have said so far, it is most likely a problem at your end, just because the game doesnt work on 2 very different pcs, doesnt mean its broken lol, as a few people have mentioned update drivers, delete clientregistry.blob or even try reninstalling steam.

skoops
03-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Most of us have had some type of problem with CSS not starting over the years most of the soullutions are like mentioned above delete blob files etc.

I dread to think how many players CSS has lost down to these issues.

PS: If all else fails reformatting your PC is a very last resort. Its worked for me twice in past so maybe worth a thought.

666Dominator666
03-17-2010, 09:26 AM
You just said the magic word xD "i m using vista" big mistake in my opinion...

LTCHIPS
03-17-2010, 08:36 PM

Lets stop being an ignorant ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ here, and just post the specs on BOTH computer that you've tried running the game on. That will help us address your problem.

spooksmagee
03-17-2010, 10:26 PM
You could also try launching the game in windowed mode OP. Open launch options and type -windowed. (I think that's the command, too lazy to look it up. :p)

Dillanv
03-18-2010, 05:40 AM
Spooks is right I think Steam saves the resolution you run your games at if it is set too high for your monitors to display then you will not see the game nor will it even start up.

Set the launch option to -windowed or -sw if it works then you have your problem solved, after that you can set your video settings back to normal and you will need to delete the launch options to stop your game from running in windowed mode all the time.

Feedback please