PDA

View Full Version : looking for the first teaser advertisement for hl2

geometry
03-15-2010, 02:43 PM
im trying to find the original magazine advertisement with just the crowbar after hours of google searching i cant find it and was hoping some one would have it on here

Otto-Grainer
03-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Hmm, from somebody who has an enormous history collection of Valve media, I very likely have this sort of thing in a dozen copies lying around in my documents, but I'm not sure what it is exactly that you're after. Do you want a particular scan of the magazine page or just the artwork of the Crowbar that was shown? At times like these, I only wish my older brother hadn't of thrown out his big pile of gaming magazines from this earlier decade.

I was too young to have remembered the first article or teaser for Half-Life 2 so I can't search it by memory. If you could describe the picture in more detail for me, I'll gladly upload it for you once I understand what it is. If it's official media, there's a real good chance I have it, especially if it's concept art. I'll be checking a few websites that have reports of the announcment before E3 2003, but it's a little difficult to search ancient articles. Do you know what year the magazine was released, and was it the first ever visual mention or showing of the game?

Alex_Mandrake
03-15-2010, 09:02 PM
This one? (http://www.hl-inside.ru/images/news/edge_hi.jpg)

Otto-Grainer
03-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Awesome spotting, Alex. That russian site has a really nice collection of official and fan-made artwork. Also....

:) Welcome to the Forums :)
geometry
λ