PDA

View Full Version : Things you can do in AC2, but not in AC1?

iEzerith
03-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Post ahoy! :D

jacobignagni
03-15-2010, 06:38 PM
LOGIN!

no I'm just kidding hahaha just figured i would throw it out there before someone else does.

The awesome thing you can do in this game is buy weapons and upgrade/dye armor.

Vesper
03-15-2010, 06:43 PM
fire a gun, pick up and use enemy weapons, blend with random groups of people, swim, fly a glider, use more sub weapons and enhancements.

Bingojubes
03-15-2010, 06:48 PM
1) Swimming (was a big coolness factor for me this time)
2) New attack moves (the hanging on the ledge and stabbing+throwing the NPC off a building is very satisfying. does look like he is stabbing their genitals on some enemies, most notably the arrow guards.)
3) Gunplay now added
4) Flight via contraption - was short-lived, however.

Redkhur
03-15-2010, 09:34 PM
receive everything from opening trailer

(i.e. crossbow...you never get it)

when I first saw pistol in the trailer....i assumed i wouldn't get it

Sandcat7
03-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Beat a farmer down with his hoe. :)

Simbosan
03-16-2010, 05:25 AM
So you can swim... apart from that is AC2 the same 5 or 6 missions that were in AC1? Mildly interested, I wont rent this game but just interested to know if the missions actually had a bit of variety this time round

S

Woutman
03-16-2010, 06:13 AM
They got rid of the repetitiveness of the main storyline if that's what you're asking. They put all those things in sidemissions.

Redkhur
03-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Ya it's a lot different. It's not Go to the bureau, have them tell you where to look for stuff, go look for stuff, go back to bureau, go kill guy, go back, and repeat.

It's an amazing storyline that isn't repetitive

Mazena
03-16-2010, 07:48 AM
- You can hire ♥♥♥♥♥s, mercenaries and/or thieves.
- You have a new climbing move, which you can use to jump higher.
- Desmond can run and climb!
- You have a villa that can be upgraded for more money so you can pretend to be Uncle Scrooge.
- You can kill enemies while hiding in a haystack! :D
- Choose whether or not you want to do a lot of side missions.
- Poison the heavy guards and step back and see how they slice 'n' dice fellow guards and civilians before they fall down, hilarious.
- Etc.

Bingojubes
03-16-2010, 08:01 PM
forgot to add to my post: hold way more throwing knives that before, and the addition of smoke bombs is pretty slick.

neoduke007
03-16-2010, 09:30 PM
- You can hire ♥♥♥♥♥s, mercenaries and/or thieves.
- You have a new climbing move, which you can use to jump higher.
- Desmond can run and climb!
- You have a villa that can be upgraded for more money so you can pretend to be Uncle Scrooge.
- You can kill enemies while hiding in a haystack! :D
- Choose whether or not you want to do a lot of side missions.
- Poison the heavy guards and step back and see how they slice 'n' dice fellow guards and civilians before they fall down, hilarious.
- Etc.

Altair could run and climb too i thought, or am i misunderstanding something :P

and lol Redkhur, nice one, forgot about that :)

Bingojubes
03-17-2010, 05:14 PM
can loot dead bodies, pick them up, and throw them around, into hay piles, into the rivers of venice, or pick up a body and run around town with it until you get noticed.

Neverpleased
03-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Actually Assassinate poeple instead of faffing about for an hour before you get to kill 1 guy.
Have fun. <--- This is the most important difference.

Nuf said :)

Neoduke, you learn a Jump grab move that lets you reach higher ledges. This was not in AC1.