PDA

View Full Version : Who supports UBI's DRM?

insanefred
03-15-2010, 06:47 PM
And why?

Vesper
03-15-2010, 07:00 PM
I guess do because it is of no inconvenience to me.

Redkhur
03-15-2010, 08:23 PM
i support it because there is nothing wrong with it

it is wrong for them to not want their game to be pirated?

also...i love not having to worry about saving the game

PersianImmortal
03-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't support the DRM but I can live with it. Why? Because I understand why Ubisoft has been forced into implementing it.

Amun
03-15-2010, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with it if everyone had rock solid internet and nobody ever ended up wanting to play a single player game when the internet goes down or they find themselves at a lan party and want to show it off to a friend.

But really, why do people put DRM on games that use steam? That's just wrong.

Redkhur
03-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Every LAN I've ever been to has had internet

Odinn
03-15-2010, 08:40 PM
I don't. What if I want to play this game 10 years from now and ubi happens to be out of business. Their authentication servers will be gone and the game will be unplayable. You will then be forced to pirate the game you purchased legitly. It's bull♥♥♥♥ and if I'm buying a game on steam (basically a DRM as well, but a useful one) there doesn't need to be another DRM. Ubisoft has lost all my respect.

Dudette
03-15-2010, 09:03 PM
but if steam goes out of business, you lose a lot more than one single game. we just have a strong trust that steam is doing well, and its extremely unlikely to happen.

Having said that, Ubisoft run authentication servers for individual games. As soon as a new game in a series comes out, there is nothing to stop them from ending the support of the older game. Thats my real issue with it, they can artificially force people on to their next big title. I will never be party to that. I still play some rediciously old games.

Vesper
03-15-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't. What if I want to play this game 10 years from now and ubi happens to be out of business. Their authentication servers will be gone and the game will be unplayable. You will then be forced to pirate the game you purchased legitly. It's bull♥♥♥♥ and if I'm buying a game on steam (basically a DRM as well, but a useful one) there doesn't need to be another DRM. Ubisoft has lost all my respect.

that would never happen because Steam promises us the ability to backup our games in such and event and I'm sure in 10 years there will be a crack for it if Ubisoft refuses to give Steam a patch to play offline. And if there isn't, I'll be playing some other games and not really caring. Thats like getting upset that there are no servers to play Sims Online anymore. WHO THE ♥♥♥♥ CARES?

Seekzorz
03-16-2010, 02:00 AM
I guess do because it is of no inconvenience to me.

Do you support everything that's of no inconvenience to you???

Thats like getting upset that there are no servers to play Sims Online anymore. WHO THE ♥♥♥♥ CARES?

Well, I'd be pretty upset if I could no longer play Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. That's a great game, and that's why I still like to play it after 10 years. And guess what; I still can.

But maybe you think AC II isn't enough of a great game to play in 10 years from now. In that case, nevermind...

kreed_uk
03-16-2010, 02:06 AM
I don't think that anyone can really support this DRM. I mean it doesn't give the customer any immediate value but I and I’m sure many others just see it as a necessary evil.

zexHawky
03-16-2010, 02:15 AM
I don't support the DRM nor don't I support it. I don't care either way about it to be honest.

I've been at the game for 16-17hours, no issues at all with the DRM. Loving the game.

nigu22
03-16-2010, 02:38 AM
Customers Should Start Mutiny Against The DRM!! Until It Wouldn't Be Removed.it'll Be Impossible to Stop DDOS Attacks!

kreed_uk
03-16-2010, 02:41 AM
Customers Should Start Mutiny Against The DRM!! Until It Wouldn't Be Removed.it'll Be Impossible to Stop DDOS Attacks!

Don't you think customers should be more pissed off with the guys like you who are doing these attacks?

nigu22
03-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Don't you think customers should be more jarateed off with the guys like you who are doing these attacks?

There Are 2 Kind Of People...Who Is Buying Games "Customers And 2nd Who Wants To Play Game Without Paing or Maybe don't have money to buy it...
So i'm in 2nd Group! and i'm not going to stop Flooding their servers

kreed_uk
03-16-2010, 02:54 AM
There Are 2 Kind Of People...Who Is Buying Games "Customers And 2nd Who Wants To Play Game Without Paing or Maybe don't have money to buy it...
So i'm in 2nd Group! and i'm not going to stop Flooding their servers

How much would you pay for it then?

nigu22
03-16-2010, 02:58 AM
Whats Sense Buying Now AC2? To Look At The Box Of DVD? Or shortcut? People Even Can't Login on their ACC..

kreed_uk
03-16-2010, 03:01 AM
Whats Sense Buying Now AC2? To Look At The Box Of DVD? Or shortcut? People Even Can't Login on their ACC..

Assassins Creed 2 is a great game but it's definitely not a necessity. Aren't there any other games you can play without ruining it for those who have paid for it.

Rishwin
03-16-2010, 03:14 AM

but if steam goes out of business, you lose a lot more than one single game. we just have a strong trust that steam is doing well, and its extremely unlikely to happen.

Having said that, Ubisoft run authentication servers for individual games. As soon as a new game in a series comes out, there is nothing to stop them from ending the support of the older game. Thats my real issue with it, they can artificially force people on to their next big title. I will never be party to that. I still play some rediciously old games.

@ Both of you, this has been covered many times by Ubisoft before AC2 was even released. Should any scenario like that occur, they will release a patch to remove the DRM.

Seekzorz
03-16-2010, 03:18 AM
@ Both of you, this has been covered many times by Ubisoft before AC2 was even released. Should any scenario like that occur, they will release a patch to remove the DRM.

Did they commit to that? Or was it a vague hint at some 'plan'?

DJ_Professor_K
03-16-2010, 03:18 AM
I support DRM, besides the current one ubisoft is using.

I know devs want to protect their products, just like i want my work protected every time i release it.

The thing is knowing what is wrong and what is right, it's wrong to implement a system that will limit the costumers gameplay regardless of what might happen.

Zefar
03-16-2010, 04:12 AM
For me it's like this.

I'd gladly put up with almost anything that DRM can offer. Because if some DRM become un crack able in some way or for a very long time.

It's a success. When that happens, the PC gaming might actually get back some developers that left it. If the coders are willing to share that DRM with others that is.

AC2 DRM? I don't care about it. I'm connected 24/7 and if the servers happen to be down I play something else.

My brother played through AC2 without any problems due to the DRM.