PDA

View Full Version : Traitor mission and corruption not a good thing

Tinman
03-16-2010, 03:05 AM
Spoilers ahead: If you don't want things ruined for you then I suggest not reading ahead. This is also rather long.

So a friend and I recently mostly finished the campaign co-op in chaos rising. Basically we cannot kill the fat bastard at the end, for reasons I will explain.

We used the Commander, Cyrus, Dreadnaught and Avitus the whole way through as they match our playstyles and offer a level of utility to which we can handle almost anything. Towards the end of the campaign, it was mainly Tarkus who had the highest level of corruption, and had the highest levels of corruption throughout the entire campaign (mainly because of the gear he was wearing). We were not aware nor did we anticipate that the highest corrupted team member (even if it is only slight) would be the traitor.

However, in the last couple of missions Avitus gained a few corruption heavy items which pushed his damage to around 4000 with a heavy bolter (pretty high dps!). We did a few corruption based missions and he turned out being the traitor. Now for someone who has been tweaking this character's stats/gear and playstyle to offer maximum damage output (to kill things like the boss at the end), to have to kill him off was quite dissapointing. Needless to say, it has affected our progression.

I don't think this corruption-traitor concept is as well thought out as the designers thought. For Avitus who was basically an angel 90% of the campaign to gain some corruption and be the traitor VS say Tarkus who was overall the most corrupted of the team for the entire duration of the campaign is non-sensical.

Anyways that's my complaint. I know you shouldn't be handed everything on a silver platter, but removing a (considered) important team member just for being the most corrupted at THAT time is stupid. I mean you wouldn't like playing an RPG when all of a sudden your character dies and is replaced by a decrepid old man, would you?

D_akbar
03-16-2010, 04:34 AM
am
what?

the traitor in my campaign was martellus or something

Renesco
03-16-2010, 05:51 AM
am
what?

the traitor in my campaign was martellus or something

same, anyone else see this? I finished the campaign but I had zero corruption to my team so maybe it defaults to martellus if thats the case, does the most corrupted member become the traitor otherwise?

jim_survak
03-16-2010, 08:02 AM
My first play-through was Jonah. Which I wasn't expecting, I was thinking it was Martellus because in the last couple of recordings you can hear his voice get through the disguise.

Cyrielx2
03-16-2010, 11:08 AM
I had cyrus as the corrupted one because he had 1 corruption over some flaw i forgot to eradicate with the friggin -8 team corruption scroll from the space hulk mission.

Cyrus is a ♥♥♥♥♥, and when corrupted he's an a$$hole.

DuronXM
03-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Tarkus was the traitor in this situation, and if anyone else can confirm I had the following corruption pieces for my squad:

Commander: Armor, Chainsword
Tarkus: Armor, bolter
Jonah: Armor, Accessories
Thaddeus: Armor, Chainsword

Jonah was the first to get fully corrupted, then my force commander then Tarkus and Thaddeus got max corruption on the same mission, HOWEVER

I used 2 level 20 corruption pieces on Tarkus and no one else.

RavN
03-16-2010, 07:41 PM
So what happens if everyone is at full corruption (can everyone get that?), that would be sweet if it was thule.

Genosidoh
03-16-2010, 08:40 PM
same, anyone else see this? I finished the campaign but I had zero corruption to my team so maybe it defaults to martellus if thats the case, does the most corrupted member become the traitor otherwise?

Yes, if everyone is pure then Martellus is the traitor, otherwise it seems to be whoever has the highest corruption. If there is a tie, I'm not sure how it decides. On my 2 playthroughs, it was the person that reached max first. But from the above poster, that doesn't seem to be the case, perhaps it is just random.

Spirit Of Bone
03-16-2010, 08:43 PM
The two times I've gone through there it's been Thaddeus, once as pure, once as corrupt, but no mix of pure and corrupt yet.

Genosidoh
03-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Alright, found something on another forum. He doesn't say where he found this though, so it may not be true, but here you go:

"The game gives a test for corruption. Character with max corruption will be traitor, but if more than 1 person is on the same corruption level, then the game will look for person with least experience among those corrupted, and then least will points, and then least stamina points and then some other stuff."

Ghostdog
03-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Was Martellus for me. At one point had several squads with the first traits of corruption, but by the time the traitor was revealed only Thaddeus had any corruption (1 point iirc).

Cyrielx2
03-17-2010, 12:01 PM
SO here's a spoiler. Dont read on if you don't like this

If you corrupt your fc all the way, thule will first get grumpy, and plea with you to turn back to the righteous path. If you persist, and keep corrupting him, thule will be pissed off and leave. Read: Leave. he will be gone, pack his robo lunch and vanish.

Once this happens, Alex will be pissed off too, and he will make this very clear to you during the last final missions.

/spoiler.

Red Exodus
03-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Jonah was the one to leave for me. I was pissed because I just got him to max and wanted to summon blood letters. Oh well, I didn't like him much anyway.

jim_survak
03-17-2010, 09:28 PM
WTF is Alex?

Cyrielx2
03-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Alex is what i call the white haired guy with the oversized hammer that lives aboard space ship B. He reminds me of governor alexander in some ways.

Vulkans
03-18-2010, 12:53 AM
Do you mean Gabriel Angelos?

Elenos
03-18-2010, 02:17 AM
I think he does mean him

jim_survak
03-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I see sir.

Geekus
03-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Ah, It was Jonah for me which I was glad with because I didn't like him anyway.

What would happen if the commander has the most corruption? :o

Cyriel, I think you mean Angelos.

jim_survak
03-18-2010, 02:49 PM
:eek:
**SPOILER***

The FC can't be the "traitor" in that specific mission. However, if you are totally & thuroughly corrupted well... Well Gabriel Angelos nerdrages the f*** out of you with the o'mighty golden banhammer of his in the final cutscene. Yes, you die.

**/SPOILER**

KyuzoS7
03-19-2010, 07:10 AM
Thaddeus was traitor for me XD i put the smack down on his ♥♥♥♥ :o

nanosheep
03-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Tarkus, you traitor!

Sweet Blasphemy
03-19-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't know who I want to make the traitor. I'm leaning towards Avitus, simply because I can't make Thule the traitor. I rarely use Avitus (though the Lascannon looks pretty sweet), and never seriously use thule because of his fragility (though the new heal skill with ability to fire may change that). But any of the others are used pretty regularly so I can't really decide.

dabor
03-19-2010, 02:34 PM
If you're evil enough, Angelos doesn't get to kill you cause you escape into the warp. Funny how my traitor was telling me "ONE DAY YOU'LL SEE" and then tomorrow we kill all the chaos and become chaos ourselves. Yeah, about that whole "We'll see thing" yeah we saw. Sorry bout killing all of you. Bye.

Aleatory
03-22-2010, 03:23 AM
I had Martellus be the traitor when I played through pure, and Thaddeus when I played through as corrupt.

When Thaddeus left I had already had Thule leave due to being too evil and all squads were at max corruption except Cyrus who was at half and several levels behind everyone else (and I never used because he is rubbish).

Ended up having to finish it with avitas/tarkus/jonah and I had been fooling around so force commander was completely ranged damage and tarkus completely close combat, made for an interesting fight, although commander with an assault cannon and tarkus with a good powerfist and set to assault stance wasnt oo bad heh.

Dark-power
03-27-2010, 03:48 AM
Huh I'm a bit confused here by people trying to figure out who will be the traitor. My understanding is that its just random. From what I've read here people seem to think its based on something. When I played through with full corruption I lost Avitus. I played with Avitus, Tarkus and Johna and they were all max level with max corruption. Anyways just thought I would throw this in the pot, are we sure that its not simply 100% random?

Skippytard
03-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Well heres a hint then: Don't corrupt your guys, it's easy enough. I finished the game with all fully pure. Because I didn't get thrills over one of two corrupt items.
And maybe learning to adapt to situations would also help - only being good with one loadout never helps.

Cristari
03-30-2010, 09:44 AM
I can't complete the game on Goody Goody mode (0% Corruption in whole team) it's next to impossible with that build but I managed to finish the game using just myself in Full Nurgle mode (100% Corruption). There is no problem with defeating the last boss if you do the corrupt route you have so many over powered traits it's untrue.

Oh and for me the traitor was Thaddeus which I was most pleased about because HE SUCKS in this game wither he was good or bad!

I just need to figure some sort of tactic out for trying to win in Goody Goody mode now so I have two save games to use for the next expansion which I hope is against the Necrons :D

EDIT
I got the name mixed up it wasn't Tarkis it was the jump pack Thaddeus.

jim_survak
03-30-2010, 04:56 PM
I am most interested in seeing Cyrus & Thaddeus evil. I've done Jonah, Martellus, & Tarkus (in co-op).

Cristari
03-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I am most interested in seeing Cyrus & Thaddeus evil. I've done Jonah, Martellus, & Tarkus (in co-op).

Thaddeus is easy to kill. Honestly all he does is use his jump pack and since your uber OP with Chaos traits you can pop him quickly.

I don't think anyone will ever see Cyrus as the traitor. I doubt anyone uses him enough to get him to the highest level of corruption!

nanosheep
03-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Thaddeus is easy to kill. Honestly all he does is use his jump pack and since your uber OP with Chaos traits you can pop him quickly.

I don't think anyone will ever see Cyrus as the traitor. I doubt anyone uses him enough to get him to the highest level of corruption!

But if you max out his melee skill, he can toss out mine clusters for ENERGY. They kill EVERYTHING.

RavN
03-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Just to help y'all figure out who will be the traitor on your squad, the one with the most corruption before the traitor mission will be the traitor. If multiple units are tied for corruption points, the game checks your willpower stat. The character with the lowest willpower stat ends up as the traitor assuming corruption is tied. The only way to get martellus to be the traitor is to keep everyone pure. If willpower is also tied the game chacks another stat, I think maybe stamina.

Cristari
03-31-2010, 04:54 AM
But if you max out his melee skill, he can toss out mine clusters for ENERGY. They kill EVERYTHING.

Well who the hell maxes out his Strength when he actually has some other good advantages with Heath, range and Will. Thaddeus is an all rounder with a jump pack, if I remember I had him on Full health, then strength and range then will. Maybe that's why he was always the first to die and why I hated him so much.

Just to help y'all figure out who will be the traitor on your squad, the one with the most corruption before the traitor mission will be the traitor. If multiple units are tied for corruption points, the game checks your willpower stat. The character with the lowest willpower stat ends up as the traitor assuming corruption is tied. The only way to get martellus to be the traitor is to keep everyone pure. If willpower is also tied the game chacks another stat, I think maybe stamina.

Another reason why Cyrus will never be seen as the traitor since his main benefits are in Will and Range!