PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 3 Method's anyone? *spoilers?*

FunkNasty420
03-16-2010, 11:07 AM
So when your buddy, whatshisface, gets captured by his so-called "friends", and you are left alone in the shaft... It becomes very tricky.

You must single handedly take on a whole horde of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s.

So, obviously unless your a crackshot with a lot of ammo, you gotta take the splinter cell approach.

Now what I do is trip that wire that accidentally kills home-boy with some arrowheads? Weird I thought whatshisface broke out but turns out it was just a poorly placed trap, double back, kill homeboy on the couch with throwing knives, kill the guy walking towards you on patrol with a throwing knife, sneak down the hall and take out the puking fellow with a regular knife, go across into the area looking into the kitchen, quickly get the two guys on the left with throwing knives... and then I can't be stealthy to save my life, they always spot me after that and overwhelm me.

Anyone else got better methods? Or did y'all just wing it?

OR did anyone happen to count or have a rough estimate of how many to expect? Because I know there are more than the 8 or 9 in the first area.

Vaemer-Riit
03-16-2010, 11:14 AM
I tried to snipe one with my Silenced Revolver w/ Stock but he noticed me before I lined up my shot and I pulled out my AK and killed them all with that instead.

I think there are 11 or 12 but this was at 3:00am so I am not sure about the numbers.

dlangeliers
03-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Throwing knives and the pneumatic rifle work well for dropping guys stealth. I got through sneaking down the far right side, avoiding most enemies and dropping a few with throwing knives while they were alone. I also shot/turned off most of the lights I passed by :)

FunkNasty420
03-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Yeah, stealth 101 hit the lights, lol.

OH and there is a switch by the guy that mysteriously dies by stupid trap. Does it do anything? I always pull it just because it is there... but the time I didn't I triggered bells later down the road. I think it might deactivate the bell alarms but I am not 100% sure.

FunkNasty420
03-16-2010, 11:26 AM
I have no silenced weapons... I just have to do it with knives. But they bounce off of certain parts of the bodies so you alert them and risk losing the knife! It's tricky.

KingFriday
03-16-2010, 11:42 AM
I took out all the lights then picked them off one by one. I also use a few grenade for some of the tight groups.

FunkNasty420
03-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Ugh, your Majesty, I SUCK with the grenades. Since there is no crosshair whatsoever, I can't even picture where it's going to go in my head, so I misdirect by a hair, it bounces off a wall, and comes right back at me!