PDA

View Full Version : Another tricky portal question

M8_
03-16-2010, 11:46 AM
What if portals were bendable? If you bent a portal so it would become like some 3-dimensional object like so that from every side it's a portal? I hope you understand me cuz i can't draw a pic and even if i did it would look even more confusing.

EDIT: Bend it like it would look like a sphere except being stretched from 2 sides. Get wut i'm saying?

slayer20
03-16-2010, 11:50 AM
I can picture what you're saying.

I'm not sure how it would all work out though. It would all depend on how the portal is bent. If a portal bent into itself then that could probably cause the earth to explode.

danm36
03-16-2010, 02:19 PM
I remember a drawing found in PC Gamer UK where they took that famous bent clock painting and replaced the clocks with portals. (I forgot the name of the painting, o.k?). Generally, the views would be warped both ends, though I hope you don't appear from the other portal with a right angle in your spine.

Monshroud
03-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Well, let's assume that Portal A is 'bent' over a 3-D object, and that Portal B is on a flat surface and is 'normal' portal size. The result would probably cause a destruction of mass since Portal A would have a higher surface area then Portal B.

Now if Portal A and B were placed over similar objects the same way, then things would probably work just fine.

Luckily Portals don't work the way you described.