PDA

View Full Version : since when is this tag game related to portal 2?

Directx10
03-16-2010, 07:42 PM
I keep hearing all this stuff saying that tag:the power of paint is related to portal 2, where is this claim confirmed at all?

for those who don't know, https://www.digipen.edu/studentprojects/tag/

Xenophin
03-16-2010, 07:46 PM
I think this counts as a spoiler... idk though Portal 2 is introducing a new concept with paint like the paint in the power of paint.

dj-corny
03-16-2010, 07:47 PM
The students were hired by Valve and the gameplay of tag will be inbound to P2
Source here: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62689

I can confirm that the Tag dev team are employed at Valve. But that's about all I can say right now.

Directx10
03-16-2010, 07:59 PM
damn, I was hoping it was just suspicion, well they better implement it damn well, I'd rather not see tag and portal mixed together, they just don't feel at all similar

Xenophin
03-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Another possible spoiler In the game informer article they look like they will be really good together. We can trust valve (mostly)

Alaskan Wolf
03-16-2010, 08:34 PM
I just finished Tag, it will be interesting to see out this plays out. As it is, I don't think 'Tag' has enough potential to be a standalone game, but when combined with portal, it is sure to make an interesting combination.

MADDOGGE
03-16-2010, 09:35 PM
I would have payed for a full retail version of Tag. I loved it. Something different in a world of clones. I loved the B&W minimalist graphics and the bright neon colors playing off of that. I personally thought it a better game than Narbacular drop was. Much more polished ran very well and no bugs unlike ND.

We already know how the "Tag" part is being implemented in the game. It's explained in the GI article. It should make for interesting times in Portal 2.

Polendino
03-16-2010, 10:17 PM
I would have payed for a full retail version of Tag. I loved it. Something different in a world of clones. I loved the B&W minimalist graphics and the bright neon colors playing off of that. I personally thought it a better game than Narbacular drop was. Much more polished ran very well and no bugs unlike ND.

We already know how the "Tag" part is being implemented in the game. It's explained in the GI article. It should make for interesting times in Portal 2.

Well, jump physics were a bit buggy.

I am hoping that a Source remake of Tag turns up at some point.