PDA

View Full Version : How much will you pay?

warshark4355
03-16-2010, 10:17 PM
I am just wondering what everyone else are willing to pay for this game. I think $50 is way too much for this game. I would pay at max $35 when they add in the water units and maps. Maybe $40 if the maps was really well done or when you can do a 10v10.:D:D

Gmer_freak
03-16-2010, 10:33 PM
1. If the game won't lock up I'll pay 15$ :p
2. And if the maps are cool I'll pay 20$ :(
3. And if the campaign is epic I'll pay 30$ ;)
4. And if the AI gets harder to beat I'll pay 35$ :)
5. And if the water units are amazing I'll pay 40$ :D
6. And for some reason if all that is in the game plus cooler PvP I'll pay up to 50$ :cool:

DrakenLord
03-16-2010, 11:22 PM
80% of my interest in any game is the single player campaign. That is because I am always excited about the multiplayer, but I get fed up with it very fast and move on to greener pastures. (Even on MW2 I played barely 20 hours...)

If RUSE has a decent, LONG (30-40 hours?) campaign and NO ABUSIVE DRM, I'd happily pay the 50$ for it.

- If the DRM requires permanent connection -> I won't buy it.
- If reasonable DRM and weak campaign, I might go for 20-30$ for the multiplayer... I'll just wait for a Steam sale or something.

Considering that this is a great gaming year (meaning many quality titles are available), I can afford to be REALLY patient. Meaning I'll wait for a price drop or a DRM drop for months or even years, no problem.

bloodyice
03-17-2010, 01:32 AM
This game has some potential, but I don't think it's worth 50 dollars. Units need balancing and/or unit prices need balancing for a constant enjoyable online experience. I'll think about grabbing it when it drops to 20 bucks or lower on a steam sale or something.

fyrevortex
03-17-2010, 02:58 AM
The current price. I think it's the first RTS in years I think I'll seriously play.

Saolite
03-17-2010, 03:02 AM
From playing the Open Beta, I have to say, I greatly enjoy the game.

But as someone else posted, if it comes with a DRM that requires a constant internet connection, I won't buy it, either.

All in all, however, I don't think it's worth the full $50 -- balancing, again as someone else pointed out, needs to be done on the majority of the units.

$30? I'd pay that for this game, but not more.

Pairaz
03-17-2010, 03:05 AM
I'll pay also full price, this games rocks, in mulyplayer with friends it's very funny.
I also hope in the single player campaign, but i'm more oriented on multy.

bschuler
03-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Will wait for a $25 steam sale. While I do feel it is the first good RTS in years, I don't like playing multi-player for RTSs, so I figure half price is good for me.

Gmer_freak
03-17-2010, 02:34 PM
btw, heard you can only play the campaign as the US...