PDA

View Full Version : GAMEPAD PROBLEM SOLVED

thorvindr
03-17-2010, 02:17 PM
If you have a gamepad that doesn't say XBox on it, you probably need to read this. This fix solves the problem of inverted analog sticks that refuse to respond to the menu options. I found this in the Gamespot forums after much searching. I am not crediting any user because this is an aggregate of multiple posts.

I tried using the 360 controller emulator, but couldn't make it work on my system (though I have heard that people have had success with it). The following solution worked for me, and should work with any PS2-type gamepad (two analog sticks, one D-Pad, four buttons, four triggers).

First, reset all your control settings to defaults. Nothing inverted, nothing flipped.

Next, navigate to your install directory (not the one in your user folder). Should be "program files\Steam\steamapps\common\batman arkham asylum\bmgame\config\"

Find the file "Defaultinput.ini"

Right-click the file. Go to the properties tab and make sure the "Read only" box is unchecked. Mine was, but somebody said this might cause a problem.

Find this line:

.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3 | Axis aRawLHJoyUp Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.0" )

Change it to this (just copy and paste):

.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=-1.0 DeadZone=0.3 | Axis aRawLHJoyUp Speed=-1.0 DeadZone=0.0" )

That should fix your left analog so that Batman moves forward when you push forward and moves backward when you pull back.

Now find this block:

.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",Command="Axis aTurn Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2 | Axis aRawRHJoyRight Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.0"
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightY",Command="Axis aLookup Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2 | Axis aRawRHJoyUp Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.0"

Change it to this (again, copy and paste):

.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",Command="Axis aLookup Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2 | Axis aRawRHJoyRight Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.0"
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightY",Command="Axis aTurn Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2 | Axis aRawRHJoyUp Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.0"

That should fix your right analog so that the left-right axis behaves like a left-right axis and not an up-down axis.

This bit is not necessary but made my life a lot easier. If your buttons are flipped as well (X is Y and A is B), do this:

Find this block:

.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_B",Command="HangFromVantagePoint | BlockBreaker | DebugCamMoreSpeed | OnRelease DebugCamNormalSpeed | ExitAgilityMode | SkipCutscene | CancelGadget | DebugMenuSelectB | CancelBatarangCamera")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A",Command="DebugCamSingleFrameStep | Run | ContextSensitive |CapeGlide | AcceptConversation | Evade | DebugMenuSelectA | CancelBatarangCamera")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Y",Command="Grab | ActivateNoise | AttackFearFinish | DebugMenuSelectY | SpecialMoveCheat | CancelBatarangCamera")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_X",Command="QuickStrike | AttackSilentFinish | DebugMenuSelectX | CancelBatarangCamera")

Change it to this:

.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A",Command="HangFromVantagePoint | BlockBreaker | DebugCamMoreSpeed | OnRelease DebugCamNormalSpeed | ExitAgilityMode | SkipCutscene | CancelGadget | DebugMenuSelectB | CancelBatarangCamera")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_B",Command="DebugCamSingleFrameStep | Run | ContextSensitive |CapeGlide | AcceptConversation | Evade | DebugMenuSelectA | CancelBatarangCamera")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_X",Command="Grab | ActivateNoise | AttackFearFinish | DebugMenuSelectY | SpecialMoveCheat | CancelBatarangCamera")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Y",Command="QuickStrike | AttackSilentFinish | DebugMenuSelectX | CancelBatarangCamera")

This will change the button maps so that they are where they would be on the XBox controller (same as a Super NES controller) during gameplay, but NOT in the menus. Everything will still be backwards in the game menus and the pause menu.

I'm currently working on a fix for the menus. It should be a simple matter of editing the same file some more. If I can figure it out, you can figure it out. If it's more complicated than that, I'll post it here.

Psyloid
03-17-2010, 06:01 PM
hmm another solution is to just buy the xbox controller, its actually not very expensive, I was kinda forced to buy one for GTA IV (it only supported XBOX controller on launch) and it annoyed the hell out of me that I had to buy a new controller, but in the end i am very happy with it, because its a very good gamepad and many games support it out of the box

NB: no i'm not a MS promoboy, just telling my experience with it :p

DocGDE
03-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Nicely found.
Too bad I ended in buying an XboX controller for the PC... :(

vivasawadee
03-24-2010, 03:38 AM
Cheers mate, helped a lot when using the PS3 controller. Heres a riddle: When is an x not an x? When its on the Xbox controller!

dwbmb
08-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Here I have made .ini for rumblepad 2 mapped like xbox 360 controller : http://rapidshare.com/files/413269701/DefaultInput.ini . Dont forget to set it Read Only.

Brinkman
08-18-2010, 11:05 AM
GFWL pretty much makes it mandatory to get an Xbox controller.. And it's not like they're crappy controllers anyway.. Might as well pick one up.

Malvolio421
11-26-2010, 08:10 PM
This is exactly the problem I have. Bumping this while I try the solution.

Malvolio421
11-27-2010, 03:05 AM
Ok. That worked great. However now Games for Windows Live won't work when the controller is plugged in. I plugged it in after the game started with Live going but the controller didn't respond. Typical.

Anyone know a fix for this?

Yerolo
11-27-2010, 07:57 PM
For anyone still having problems, download PadFix_Batman_Ark.rar from the following url: http://www.sendspace.pl/file/44830b946634ceeb195fd59 (Click on the blue 'Pobierz' button to start the download)

Extract all files to \SteamApps\common\batman arkham asylum goty\Binaries (There are 4 files that are needed: dinput8.dll, xinput1_3.dll, xinput9_1_0.dll & xbox360cemu.ini

This fixed everything up (buttons and axis) for my Logitech Dual Action gamepad, even in the menus

My gamepad now works exactly like an xbox 360 controller in Batman AA

-Edit-

I've also hosted the file myself in case that site goes down

http://rapidshare.com/files/433574694/PadFix_Batman_Ark.rar

chris544
12-05-2010, 08:09 PM
What a total joke. Who wants to go through all that crap just to use a gamepad? This is what happens when consoles port over to a computer. This gane should have been on the pc in the 1st place and you would not have these stupid controller problems. Mini rant over.

Chris

deadman_uk
02-04-2012, 02:06 AM
My PS2 pad works fine because I edited the DefaultInput.ini file but the menu commands are switched. How do I fix these? thorvindr (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/member.php?u=639595) you said you would try and work on a fix for this? How did that go?

I made the following changes to this section:

XboxTypeS_A=3
XboxTypeS_B=2
XboxTypeS_X=4
XboxTypeS_Y=1

because they currently were like this:

XboxTypeS_A=Enter
XboxTypeS_B=Escape
XboxTypeS_X=LeftControl
XboxTypeS_Y=Delete

but it didn't help.