PDA

View Full Version : Help with "access violation" error please?

Kanonno
03-17-2010, 04:33 PM
When I play Free Game dragon storm I sometimes get "access violation error, program must quit" error. Is there a way to fix this?

Megalomaniac
03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Where do you get this? Do you play alone or in LAN mode with other players? After which actions in the game does this happen?

Sam Mizu
07-24-2010, 05:54 AM
I'm getting the same message myself.
I get to the Main Menu then try a single player campaign. Every time I hear the error message from my comp and I Alt + Tab out to find an "access violation error, program must quit" message.
I was going to do the single player mode first mostly for the story but also to learn the unit mechanics before trying for a Lan or on-line games.

The Jackal
07-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Your anti-virus is blocking it, simply turn it off while you play it then turn it back on when your done. For the longest time I had this and was getting very annoyed until figuring it out.

Sam Mizu
07-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Well its working now.
After shutting Steam down and turning my comp off for the night I opened the program this morning and got an additional hour worth of programing downloaded. After it was done I loaded SP2 and played for 1 1/2 hours no problems. No Anti-virus problems it seemed just some missing files.