PDA

View Full Version : AC3: 3 Reasons it will suck and 3 reasons why not (justt opinions).

Neverpleased
03-17-2010, 06:09 PM
All right AC2! Everyone has played it who bought it and enslaved themselves to Ubisofts Uplay, myself am a happy little consumer ♥♥♥♥♥.

Now we look to the future, literally, and it is not looking good at all. AC3 will now take place in present day Templar Oppressed Desmond's world. Or they have to find some arbitrary excuse to go back to another ancestor even though the ending was quite clear about there not being much time left before.. this you will find out on your own mates :).

3 Reasons why AC3 will suck monkey nuts.

3: Guns. Desmond is trained and ready to tackle on the Templars. That is trained and ready to tackle Templars anywhere between 20000 BC and 1670 AD. After that "Accurate" Guns were invented and made getting up close and personal for a stab pretty darned difficult as many people found out by getting a piece of lead shot in the face.

Now AC2 centres itself around semi-sneaky-runny-jumpy-climby-stabby combat. So to match up with modern day Templars who will either carry guns (as heard over the intercom when the assassin infiltrators were gunned down) or be officially classed stupider than a log when they opt for melee weapons for gameplay sakes.

So yeah, either Desmond will have to go and learn to run really fast from his ancestor Usain Bolt or also get a gun which basically screw the entire game over.

2: The environment and story.

Altair was a low rung assassin seeking to restore his honour and Ezio was out for revenge before they both realized that ♥♥♥♥ had hit the fan and they were enrolled into a Global level conspiracy.

Desmond however knows what he is getting into, so do the Templars and they also know what your going after. Seeing as they still have about 1000 animus subjects who all know something.

So the story pretty much sums itself up right there. Desmond will go on his Quest, will fail at some point, correct the error, be betrayed by someone he trusted and than eventually save the day still.

Besides that were in the future, everything is clean, clinical and boring. 15th century Italy was amazing, Medieval Middle East was also interesting but New York 2025? Taking a stroll down the highway sounds more interesting than that. Especially since we got glimpses of perfectly smooth buildings and scenery when looking out the windows in AC1.

So yeah predictable story and bland environments.

1: You play as Desmond. I really don't know HOW to put this but basically Desmond could be made out of chocolate and fart gold and diamonds and cure all the worlds diseases by gently stroking the back of your ear and I wouldn't like him a single bit more.

Like every single aspect of his being just makes me want to hurl him of a cliff. The few sections where you play as Desmond in AC2 were the most boring parts of the entire game, if it had lasted any longer I would have closed the game and played some Battlefield instead.

So yeah your protagonist is about as likeable as Michael Atkinson.

But hey some other games suffered the same problem, namely Nathan Drake, and still got over it.

3 reasons why AC3 will make you want to build a time machine.

3: You will have to activate ancient mechanical structures which according to the map on the codex pages there are about 7 of.

This basically tells me we will be doing allot of platforming which sounds like Sands of Time Music to my ears. It also seems that most of them are Famous land marks. Like the Easter Island Statues, Royal Palace in Beijing, Washington DC and many others I can't quite place yet.

So yeah a nice interesting tour of monuments, labyrinths and platforming. Of course we stop for a tropical shake when we are on Easter Island :cool:.

2: Future gadgets. It's 20XX and we are Assassins. Now will it be the spike pen, the smoke toque, the grapple tie or the old and trusty exploding hairpin?

We basically can do anything we want to. We can of course go at it all traditional which should be rewarded with 60 Uplay points but just think of the possibility of being a Free-running Super Assassin who kills their target by using an homing hidden blade :).

1: You might not play as Desmond.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, they will figure the simple formula out.

Use the Animus to get information on the ancient site your going to. Each ancestor has his own memory sequence ending with Desmond Platforming the Ancient structure. Would ensure we spend minimal time with Desmond AND not lose the runny-jumpy-climby gameplay we love so much.

How about for example. We play as John Wilkes Booth. He actually wasn't a criminal but instead an assassin. He uncovered the location of the Mason Order and than he followed Lincoln to the theatre (Lincoln being member of the Mason order, which were Templars) and after killing him got the key to the Mason Headquarters where they stored one of the Ancient Artefacts for study.

After escaping and quickly hiding the key in a secure location he is sadly caught and executed. FLASH. Back to Desmond we find the Key do a section of Stellar Platforming and go on to the next ancestor?

I also chose Booth as an example because him being an American explained Desmond going from an Arab Assassin ancestor to American citizen.

Well that is the end of that. My Page long 5 cents on AC3. Feel free to also share your opinion.

Jigoku
03-17-2010, 06:43 PM
The end of AC2 suggested that, while they were on the run to the new hideout, Desmond would be jumping back into the animus in hopes of finding more usable information from his ancestors.

Vesper
03-17-2010, 06:49 PM
The end of AC2 suggested that, while they were on the run to the new hideout, Desmond would be jumping back into the animus in hopes of finding more usable information from his ancestors.

I figured that was just an excuse for us to be able to finish off our collections and side missions.

Furyo
03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Well the next game takes place in Rome with Ezio a few years later, so no it's not just an excuse.

Vesper
03-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Well the next game takes place in Rome with Ezio a few years later, so no it's not just an excuse.

lol mod posting spoilers :p

Neverpleased
03-17-2010, 07:47 PM

Well thanks Furyo.

Now we all know how people get all these bits of leaked news :).

Still if you don't actually go into the future I will also give you negative points for that. It's AC3! The round up of the Trilogy, a fourth game would just be redundant because your just stalling the inevitable End of World or saved by Desmond ending.

However if it's like my suggestion, Quantum leaping from ancestor to ancestor than I will be quite content though slightly displeased. When did the Development team realize that they made a huge flaw setting the game in the future so they just decided to stall inevitably with Ezio?

If we just go back in MEMORY, not even time so we can't change anything, all we can do is learn stuff and seeing that the Templars are still in power all the previous Assassins failed, so it still all comes down to Desmond, winner of the Miss most bland and boring character of Eternity.

If we follow the story, Desmond goes back learns about Altair but doesn't remember anything because of Animus 1.0, Desmond goes back and learns about and from Ezio and remembers everything thanks to Animus 2.0. So what now Desmond goes back in time with Animus 3.0 where he can change history because it's just stalling otherwise. Not to mention Animus 3.0 would be stretching believability to breaking point.

But my biggest complaint of all is that Ezio is back.

His story of revenge and destiny has been completed, he has nothing more to want, his father and brothers avenged, his family villa restored to glory and his role as prophet done.

What more is he going to do? He already helped Columbus in AC2 Discovery. So basically he is either going to pull a plot line out of his ♥♥♥ or is just an intro to the whole thing.

Let's hope for the best.

the_triptych
03-17-2010, 07:47 PM
lol mod posting spoilers :p

/facepalm

PhillB
03-17-2010, 08:18 PM
I was actually kind of disappointed to hear they were going back in the past again. The end of AC2 set it up perfectly for a possibly whole new type of experience - one that would require great innovation. Could be why they're not going to tackle that considering the next game is due out next year. Maybe they will though after that..

maul_inc
03-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Actually, the mod hasn't posted a spoiler as Ubisoft themselves have already revealed that AC 2.5 will feature Ezio...

Vesper
03-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Actually, the mod hasn't posted a spoiler as Ubisoft themselves have already revealed that AC 2.5 will feature Ezio...

sarcasm people, sarcasm. This forum is so uptight lately.

maul_inc
03-17-2010, 08:30 PM
sarcasm people, sarcasm. This forum is so uptight lately.

Well, you are right about the forum being pretty uptight most of the time, but I simply didn't detect any sarcasm and that is why I reacted so I thought you were one of the uptight idiots that can only talk about the flaws and DRM and bla bla bla :)

I ♥♥♥♥ing love this game so I'm gonna be pretty sad if Ubisoft chooses not release future sequels on the pc because of all the ♥♥♥♥♥ing and moaning coming from a lot of pathetic people who probably haven't even played the game.

Ps. I haven't had ANY problems with being Online while playing this game except for the day the servers got attacked but that was only for a few hours for me.

Vesper
03-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Well, you are right about the forum being pretty uptight most of the time, but I simply didn't detect any sarcasm and that is why I reacted so I thought you were one of the uptight idiots that can only talk about the flaws and DRM and bla bla bla :)

I ♥♥♥♥ing love this game so I'm gonna be pretty sad if Ubisoft chooses not release future sequels on the pc because of all the ♥♥♥♥♥ing and moaning coming from a lot of pathetic people who probably haven't even played the game.

Ps. I haven't had ANY problems with being Online while playing this game except for the day the servers got attacked but that was only for a few hours for me.
I would have thought the "lol" and ":p" would have clued everyone in. no harm. I too am enjoying the game and the experience greatly. And no offense to those who have been civil and level-headed but this community and the cyberterrorists attacking Ubisoft are the only negative experiences I've had thus far.

Xabu
03-17-2010, 08:47 PM
AC3 is rumored to have co op. I think Lucy deserves some time in the Animus (well, a different one from the one Desmond is using) and would make a great second character, especially since she obviously knows what she's doing in a fight.

So Desmond returns as Ezio, and Lucy can take the part of I dunno...another nameless-until-epic-story begins assassin.

I wouldn't worry too much about "guns" although for the future of AC it might not be a bad idea to see some of the actual current time situation fleshed out as "Neverpleased" requested.

So yeah, Lucy in the Animus fighting alongside everyone's FAVORITE semi hero Desmond (who is fighting as Ezio, everyone's favorite actual hero). Make it so.

Vesper
03-17-2010, 08:49 PM
AC3 is rumored to have co op. I think Lucy deserves some time in the Animus (well, a different one from the one Desmond is using) and would make a great second character, especially since she obviously knows what she's doing in a fight.

So Desmond returns as Ezio, and Lucy can take the part of I dunno...another nameless-until-epic-story begins assassin.

I wouldn't worry too much about "guns" although for the future of AC it might not be a bad idea to see some of the actual current time situation fleshed out as "Neverpleased" requested.

So yeah, Lucy in the Animus fighting alongside everyone's FAVORITE semi hero Desmond (who is fighting as Ezio, everyone's favorite actual hero). Make it so.

that would actually be AC2.5 (aka - Assassin's Creed II: Episodes) Assassin's Creed 3 is still a ways off.

PhillB
03-17-2010, 09:05 PM
that would actually be AC2.5 (aka - Assassin's Creed II: Episodes) Assassin's Creed 3 is still a ways off.

Yeah I don't ever remember hearing that it'll be called AC3. I'd rather wait for a full fledged sequel anyway than a spinoff.

Subject_17
03-17-2010, 09:17 PM
But my biggest complaint of all is that Ezio is back.

His story of revenge and destiny has been completed, he has nothing more to want, his father and brothers avenged, his family villa restored to glory and his role as prophet done.

And you are forgetting the fact that the predecessor of mankind almost completely ignored ezio, basically she said: "what are you doing here fool? O right! Stfu i need to talk to your grandX100child, ok done message boy now jaratee off" As if his role in everything was just delivering a few words to desmond and that would be the end of it. No matter what Ezio does in the next installment it's gonna feel out of canon now.

maul_inc
03-17-2010, 09:19 PM

About Lucy, I can't help suspecting her of being a double Agent because in trilogy like this you gotta have a traitor Imho :) and she has been working for Abstergo so the whole escape thing could be something setup by the Templars to get all the information from Desmond by making him trust one of their agents.

About playing in the future (in-game present), I'm not a fan of this because of all the obvious reasons BUT one way it could work gameplay wise would be if Desmond finishes he's training (Like Luke in Return of the Jedi, Hey! that's also a final chapter in a trilogy! :) and if he get's hold of 3 special pieces of Eden.

1:The sword (that maybe was Excalibur according to AC2)
2: The Shroud that covered Jesus's body (Could be the same as the Golden fleece and actually be some kind of armor according to AC2)
3: The piece that controls time (Used in the Philadelphia Experiment according to AC2)

All this would make Desmond a Super Assassin that would be god like, like Those Who Came Before :)

I know it's far out but not impossible, but I would still prefer to visit another time and place in history without God like powers as I think it's part of the charm of AC1 & AC2.

So please tell me if I'm beginning to sound like a Loony :)

Furyo
03-17-2010, 09:19 PM

Lucy hasn't been revealed as an assassin herself. The only living known assassin in the present time is Desmond. I understand that people may think of the others as assassins themselves, but absolutely nothing hinted at that so far. And you have to be an assassin to relive the memories of another assassin, that's how the animus works.

The game will have multiplayer, that's what's been revealed so far. Nothing regarding potential coop (which I personally think will not happen for a long time at least)

Vesper
03-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Lucy hasn't been revealed as an assassin herself. The only living known assassin in the present time is Desmond. I understand that people may think of the others as assassins themselves, but absolutely nothing hinted at that so far. And you have to be an assassin to relive the memories of another assassin, that's how the animus works.

The game will have multiplayer, that's what's been revealed so far. Nothing regarding potential coop (which I personally think will not happen for a long time at least)

on my first play through when Lucy and Desmond are going to the elevator it appeared as if she was missing her ring finger like Altair but later in the game both hands can be seen complete. Was never sure if this was a glitch or a continuity error.

No matter what Ezio does in the next installment it's gonna feel out of canon now.

except that he has access to materials and evidence not available in present day so his role still has purpose beyond delivering Desmond to the Ancestors.

maul_inc
03-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Lucy have all her fingers, when she show Desmond her hand she is simply bending her ring finger to signal him that she is working for the Assassin's cause.

Subject_17
03-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Lucy have all her fingers, when she show Desmond her hand she is simply bending her ring finger to signal him that she is working for the Assassin's cause.

Oh, well that explains it.

Vesper: That's true, i hadn't seen it that way The conversation in the vault was interrupted by the templar assault on the hideout, so maybe i've been to quick in thinking the predecessor was done with Ezio.

gxs
03-18-2010, 04:16 AM
But I suspect that Lucy is in fact a templar although a reformed one. Did anyone notice the last templar assassination in AC1. The one where you find out that the target is actually a girl? And you don't kill her. Didn't she look a lot like Lucy? She could be her ancestor and maybe Lucy used the animus to unlock her memories.

maul_inc
03-18-2010, 05:25 AM
But I suspect that Lucy is in fact a templar although a reformed one. Did anyone notice the last templar assassination in AC1. The one where you find out that the target is actually a girl? And you don't kill her. Didn't she look a lot like Lucy? She could be her ancestor and maybe Lucy used the animus to unlock her memories.

I'm pretty sure that Maria (The one who had a roll in the haystack with Altair)had black hair and didn't look like Lucy but she made me think about Lucy maybe doing the same with Desmond in the future (You know, history repeats itself and so on)

About Lucy being a Templar check my previous post on this page :) But yeah, I think there is something strange about her.

gxs
03-18-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that Maria (The one who had a roll in the haystack with Altair)had black hair and didn't look like LucyYes but I didn't mean her. I was thinking of the girl in AC1. Maybe he has something with her too. And she looks just like Lucy (if I remember correctly).

maul_inc
03-18-2010, 06:45 AM
Yes but I didn't mean her. I was thinking of the girl in AC1. Maybe he has something with her too. And she looks just like Lucy (if I remember correctly).

Another girl? Can't remember her, but if you mean the girl masked as a Templar in AC1, I am 99% sure that was Maria.

Furyo
03-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Yeah, Maria is the girl that you left alive in AC1. That was the "easter egg like" justification for her to be in AC2 with Altair (as in they knew each other from before without us having to explain it)

gxs
03-18-2010, 07:51 AM
I didn't know her name. Did she have brown hair in AC1 or did I mess something up?

But she was a templar so she could be Lucy's grand grand.... parent. Wow then we would have a big "Lucy I am your brother" ending. :D

Xabu
03-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Well thanks for crushing my dreams Furyo :(

I'm intrigued by the Assassin's Creed story as a whole, but I really really want to see something actually done with Desmond and Lucy, which is why I brought her up (I actually wasn't aware her being playable could break canon). I love how AC flows as a story in the past tense, which is why the present tense parts seem so arbitrary to me. It really breaks the gorgeous vibe of the game to constantly be reminded literally every few seconds that ultimately you're part of an effective "simulation." The idea and notion behind the Animus sounds cool on paper, but in the end it feels so vague and empty-handed that it comes off as unnecessary and almost improvised.

Even if there is no playable Lucy or co op, I would at least hope that we can establish something much more critical related to Desmond and the modern day assassins than what we already have. Because otherwise, right now it feels like AC should have just been a saga of assassins in various time periods with no mention whatsoever of the Animus. The assassins and templars both could still be revisiting, and all game mechanics otherwise would be the same, no?

Furyo
03-18-2010, 01:11 PM
The AC story is that of Desmond, even if his role is only limited at first. I'm sure you will find in the future that he takes a more prominent role.

Neverpleased
03-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah, Maria is the girl that you left alive in AC1. That was the "easter egg like" justification for her to be in AC2 with Altair (as in they knew each other from before without us having to explain it)

Did I leave a girl alive? I honestly can't remember :confused: What mission are we talking about and when in the story did that happen?

Furyo
03-18-2010, 01:23 PM
There was a mission in the first game where you were trying to kill Robert De Sables, and you encountered this chick that pretended to be him. After realizing she wasn't the target, Altair would let her go.