PDA

View Full Version : Please BALANCE the artiery bunker for the USSR

KillerFrogs
03-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Do to it's range it gets absolutely ridiculous to fight against it, unless you know before hand what they are gonna do, you won't be able to kill them in time before they make it impossible to hit, especially in 1v1. If you try to rush it then the hidden recon will spot you and you will get blow up, as for aircraft, do you really think anyone would be stupid enough to allow such over-powered things to NOT be guarded from the air? So please find some way to balance this out before the beta ends otherwise I will just assume that this post went ignored and the bunker will still be unbalanced.

bass92
03-17-2010, 06:51 PM
valve did not make this game ubisoft did go complain to them

DrakenLord
03-17-2010, 06:59 PM
The best counter is to get long range artillery yourself.

Gmer_freak
03-17-2010, 08:21 PM
One word CAMO...

3Form
03-17-2010, 10:33 PM
and assault guns. or heavy bombers? I actually lol when people go for huge stacks of arty. Tanks can weather a ridiculous amount of arty fire! :)

fyrevortex
03-18-2010, 01:20 AM
:eek: No wonder i lost against this guy who kept making tanks against my artillery.

Gmer_freak
03-18-2010, 09:04 AM
:eek: No wonder i lost against this guy who kept making tanks against my artillery.

No ♥♥♥♥ Sherlock, don't take this offensivly just wanted to say it. :D

But yea, it's funny that people counter artillery with artillery. People send some bombers or tanks and the artillery goes BOOOOOOOM.

Agathorn1975
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Artillery is great against buildings, but crap against most everything else due to inaccuracy.

Camo the buildings, then go take out the artillery.

DrakenLord
03-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Artillery is great against buildings, but crap against most everything else due to inaccuracy.
Even with low accuracy it is very efficient vs condensed units. Like vs infantry zerg rush, or infantry + aa + at in forests.

I got rushed once by 40 something paratroopers (don't ask), and my half dozen artillery killed more than half of them before they reached my base.

hoshizora
03-19-2010, 11:52 AM
I play as Soviets.. and I laugh when I see someone build that heavy bunker. It certainly has the appearance of being a good idea, but it's too expensive and can't move, you're better off with the medium guns.

anyway, its total ineffectiveness against tanks (as is the same for all artillery), means that you all you need to do is get a tank to it. if you can't get there, use a radio silence and recon supported units to move up close and take care of any AT defense he might have put in place.. however in my experience so far, players who actually use that bunker do not defend it properly.

I just had a game with a guy who built two of these things, and after I destroyed one he panic built the lighter bunker in its place..
Meanwhile, with the same amount of money he used to build those, I had built 3 Joseph Stalin 2 tanks.. and all he managed to achieve was knocking out one of my depots, and marking the paint on my tanks.

DOE_JOHN88
03-19-2010, 05:00 PM
/range nerf, fire-rate nerf needed

Hglazm
03-20-2010, 12:57 AM
The soviet bunkers aren't overpowered in the slightest. It's very easy to take them out.

Gmer_freak
03-20-2010, 09:30 AM
The only people who can't take those out are new players and the AI....

Stinger911
03-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Simple solution --> camo net your buildings to make them unhittable. If you have units next to important buildings, use the radio blackout. Then send ONE light/medium tank close to the arty bunker. It will destroy it no problem. I did this yesterday. These cheesy strategies are only exploitable vs new players.

bigcheese1
03-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Camo nets my friend and you will be fine. You can also radio silence units to get in close and sneak attack.

I disagree about arty vs tanks and other units. Arty can be very effective not so much when a unit is on the move but works wonders as a support if your own lets say tanks are fighting his tanks.

If anything I find the ussr arty bunkers weak since you can't move them and your own arty can make quick work of them.

Joeface
03-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Honestly the artillery bunkers are a waste of cash. They are inaccurate and extremely easy to take down. I would much rather have defensive bunkers.

Pixelmancer
03-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Do to it's range it gets absolutely ridiculous to fight against it, unless you know before hand what they are gonna do, you won't be able to kill them in time before they make it impossible to hit, especially in 1v1. If you try to rush it then the hidden recon will spot you and you will get blow up, as for aircraft, do you really think anyone would be stupid enough to allow such over-powered things to NOT be guarded from the air? So please find some way to balance this out before the beta ends otherwise I will just assume that this post went ignored and the bunker will still be unbalanced.

Two words: cammo net.

I got rushed once by 40 something paratroopers (don't ask), and my half dozen artillery killed more than half of them before they reached my base.

You did not get "rushed" by 40+ of anything. That was definitely well past the beginning of the game.

asdfzxc920
03-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Heavy artillery in general needs a range nerf (radius is 3/4 of the length of the map on 1v1), but even on a small map you should have an easy time getting out 3-4 light tanks to nuke his 1-2 guns.

Space111
03-23-2010, 11:14 PM
The balance it needs is that its too weak! I play USSR alot, and I never use the artillery bunkers. In fact out of all the fixed bunkers for the different factions, it is probably the worst.

TenedoS
03-24-2010, 04:12 PM
1st - you need camo nets to protect your buildings from artillery (it does nothing to tanks, remember?)
2nd - artillery BUNKER is considered building itself, so use artillery against it. Mobile artillery (assault guns) are very effective, cos they're firing from longer than tanks and AT range and can shoot at unrevealed targets. Anyways, having one assault gun at the beginning of the game will help you to forget about any bunkers.
3rd - use Radio Silence to get close to the bunker unnoticed (may skip this if enemy has no AT there) and then even couple of tanks can pwn it easily.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NhMXDViBG0 - video of countering USSR bunkers tactics.

JollyRoger4u
03-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Seems this thread is mainly a "I got blasted once, it must be the best!" -thread

I usually play the soviets.

As many others have said before, the fixed artillery "bunker" isnt very good, it costs $50, wich is way more then i want to spend on something that cant move away if it gets in trouble. The few times I have used them succesfully are if deployed early against someone who is a slow starter or if your Arty barracks gets blown up and you have a perfect position for some heavy bombardment. Oh, and dont forget, the bunker have to be deployed by a completely unarmored engineer wich almost always follows the road network, quite an easy way to rob a poor Soviet player of a pile of $$$

The counters to the artillery positions are numerous (if you allow your enemy to build a deathfortress in the middle of the map, you really have worse things to worry about then a few overpriced cannons)
I'd love to exchange them for some of the marginally more useful MG/AA/AT bunkers, but alas its not the soviet way