PDA

View Full Version : Camera angles

richei
03-17-2010, 06:13 PM
These camera angles (and the control changes) that are used are getting on my nerves because it changes all the directional controls when the angle changes.

The best examples are when you're going for the seals. You think you're going straight, but then the angle changes and you end up going backwards.

The angle change wouldn't bother me if the damn direction controls didn't change along with it.

JoeB
03-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Actually the changes in camera angle when you're going for the seals are meant to be helpful. The reason being that they automatically focus on the next platform you are supposed to go for so that you don't end up taking the wrong path only to reach a dead end or back on the ground again (that or sometimes it would have been impossible to rotate the camera to focus on the ledge properly especially during those narrow vertical shafts).

If you see a fixed angle, pay close attention to what is on screen as it is a huge hint as to where you jump next. The Prince of Persia games essentially did the same thing.

Now as for outside the seal rooms, once in a while I've had the camera glitch and end up zooming into my character way too much but fortunately it doesn't happen too often.

richei
03-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, for me its more of a hinderence since it also changes the direction keys on me. If left stayed left, i wouldn't care one bit about it.

Furyo
03-17-2010, 08:27 PM
That's my biggest gripe with the game in the end. And yes it's particularly true in the tombs BECAUSE of these cameras. And it's possible to do this a lot better because Uncharted 2 has none of these problems.

richei
03-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Well what's worse, i can't put the camera in 1st person view. its stuck in that stupid side view.

After 3 hours, the last seal just isn't worth the effort.