PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of Discovery video problems

GravyTra1n
03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I just downloaded Dawn of Discovery Gold. When I try to launch it my screen goes blue as if my LCD tv is in standby mode. I can hear the game running in the background but just a blue screen. I tried to use the executable file in the steam folder doesn't work. I updated my graphic card drivers and downloaded the directx version inside the game folder and still blue screen. I have reinstalled the game 4 times now and still the same. Steam doesn't seem to answer customer support questions. Could someone please give me any tips. Thanks.:confused:

brokenguns25
03-17-2010, 08:17 PM
If it's an LCD TV, try using an LCD monitor instead.

ZeroDarkHundred
03-17-2010, 10:57 PM
What are your system specs?

Sounds like your GPU either has serious driver issue or you have inadequate hardware to run it.

GravyTra1n
03-17-2010, 11:58 PM
I run Windows XP Home with a Pentium 4 3.4 ghz 2.75 gb ram. I use a EVGA 9400GT Nvidia graphics card. I can run Mass Effect 2 so I figure I could run this game too. If it is because of my LCD TV I guess I'm screwed. How long does it usually take steam support to reply?

brokenguns25
03-18-2010, 05:45 AM
It is possible that the minimum or current resolution setting for the game is more than what your LCD TV can handle.

GravyTra1n
03-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Makes sense. Going to mess around with my TV settings see if I can get it to work. Thanks alot for the tips!

toy4x4
04-07-2010, 07:36 PM
You could also go change the 'engine.ini' file to specify the correct resolution. I had to do that. I know it is buried in the App Data/Roaming directory in Win7. Not sure where it is in XP. There is one in the Documents directory, but that is not used with Win7. So it could be buried somewhere else in XP also.